Ferrari F40 Unfinished Kit in Wisconsin by SEGT-86
Started on: 01-22-2006 10:10 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: SEGT-86 on 02-02-2006 10:09 PM
SEGT-86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/056969.html

86 Fiero Started by father son in early 1990's Father passed away & son sold car in 2001 or so. I picked it up from the buyer in fall 2005, he spent a lot buying stuff for it. But it still is not finished. See photos and other info in the General Chat. (link above)

Thanks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
flames4me

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flames4meSend a Private Message to flames4meDirect Link to This Post
I didn't see a price on that link, how much are you selling it for? Are you going to sell it as a complete car, or just the body? thanks

------------------
1986 Silver 5 speed Fiero 3.4 DOHC
Bored .30,Fully balanced and blueprinted
13.9@99mph as it is on the street

355/380hp sbc, 4 bolt main
spec stage 3, and many other extras, lol.
87 GT 5-speed Getrag, power everything.

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
No price at this point. I am unsure. Would like to keep the 4cyl 5speed, I may swap the 2.8 4 spd in my GT. I like a 2.5 & I figure a 2.8 would go better in a F40. I hope to make a decision by April/May. Unless someone makes a offer to take it sooner.

Would prefer to sell just the body, with racing seats, wheels & tires, decals & chrome emblems, Ferrrai Logo carpet, a couple fiero roofs w/glass etc. Will try to post some pics later in the week.

Thanks for the interest.

[This message has been edited by SEGT-86 (edited 01-23-2006).]

markviiisvt4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markviiisvt4Click Here to visit markviiisvt4's HomePageSend a Private Message to markviiisvt4Direct Link to This Post
gota 86 gt with no drive train i'd trade for the body and seats and such. don't have much else to offer though unless you wanna custom bagged s-10 v8 project
SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent

My Bride said NO get rid of the whole thing.

....however.

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2006 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent to Harley who offered $500
SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
A lot of you have been asking so here is a little more information.

The frame does not require any mods. It will run and drive when I fix the clutch hydraulics. The body is mounted. But, the rear clip pivots at the back. The real F40 pivots at the rear of the roof, hinges and instructions are included to make this change. The headlights need to be cut into the front clip. No tail lights are mounted. The seats are not mounted. The interior is mostly striped. A fiero roof skin needs to be installed, it has 2-3 of these with sunroof glass. No headliner. The wheels and new tires are very nice (15" never balanced) It seems to me that not much has been done to the body, as far as sanding or prep for paint.

Thanks

ceverhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ceverhartSend a Private Message to ceverhartDirect Link to This Post
how much $$$ do you think you need to sell the car?
SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
Well that is a hard question. As usual the more the better. Archie gets $4800 for a far superior Fino / Finale kit http://www.v8archie.com/finale.htm, then you need wheels and a chassis. This chassis has no rust and less than 50k mikes. The wheels and tires have zero miles on them (well not zero we put them on the GT and drove less than 5 miles round trip just to see what they were like, need balancing). The wheels are imported from England. (I was told they cost about $2500) Included are, several hundred dollars worth, real Ferrari chrome logos & decals (for wheels & body). Therefore from my perspective it should be worth $3k or more. However if I still have it next fall it will be priced to move. Make an offer and I may take it or wait for a better one or I may play with it a little and increase the value. Look at https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/056969.html see the red one? These can be very impressive cars.
SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
More on wheels & tires... B F Goodrich Radial T/A Fronts are P235/60R15 rear P295/50R15
Just to give you an idea of how wide these are & an idea of the offset... Here is how they look on a stock GT. They work great as long as you don't turn or hit any bumps.

SEGT-86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SEGT-86Send a Private Message to SEGT-86Direct Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock