4Sale 85Fastback-T-top-Whaletail, Pics by ChopTop
Started on: 10-11-2005 12:28 PM
Replies: 29
Last post by: The_Ikon on 01-31-2006 10:55 PM
ChopTop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
SHORT VERSION:
For sale: 85 GT, fastback converted, 59,995 miles, black exterior, light/dark gray interior, V6, automatic, tilt steering, power windows, air-conditioning (still works), stock am/fm cassette radio, Cars & Concepts installed T-tops, Meacham style side air intakes (FOCOA), IRM whale-tail, undercoated, 16 inch 3 piece alloy wheels, 225 Michelin Sport XGT tires, Belltech lowering spindles and rear springs, Bilstein shocks, polyurethane bushings, rear stabilizer bar. $3,500, owned since 1988. Pics below.
517-484-0852 Dan & Dora. Final sale must be approved by Dora since it is her car.
LONG VERSION:
This Fiero was originally purchased by a GM employee who sold it to the second owner a year later, we purchased it from her in August of 1988. We drove it for one year before deciding to not drive it in the winter any longer. In 1990 I bought and installed a black fastback clip. In 1991, Bell-Tech lowering spindles, rear lowering springs, front and rear Bilstein shocks, polyurethane bushings, and a FOCOA rear stabilizer bar, were installed. Also, 16 inch 3-piece alloy wheels, along with 225 Michelin Sport XGT tires. The wheels were recalled a short time later, I balked, and the Japanese company flew a new replacement set in with 8mm perimeters bolts in place of the stock 7mm.The original suppliers of t-tops, Cars and Concepts, installed the t-top in 1992 or 93 since the factory was located less than an hour away I drove it down and factory techs installed the t-top. I tried to paint it with the color coat/clear coat paint system but had so many problems I ended up painting it with h black lacquer around 94. Not the best choice due to its brittleness but it still looks decent enough for a wash and shine car show. However, to be show worthy it would need a new paint job. The seats are in excellent shape due to always having seat covers on them, the leather on the steering wheel is also in very good shape. There is one small tear in the t-top seal due to improper latch closure. The car has never been involved in an accident, however the front fascia was replaced around 91 because someone had backed into it and tore it when we lived in an apartment complex. Otherwise the car has been garaged kept since 1992 (and the previous owner did carport it). Mechanically it’s stock, the electronic torque converter was replaced in the late 90s, new battery tray installed, new O-ring distributor replaced, etc, and I’m currently trying to fix the right headlight motor (goes up, won’t go down). It’s amazing how many things can go wrong with a car that just sits. Overall this is still a sharp looking car and still turns heads when we take it out for a short ride. The main reason we are selling it is because it just sits in the garage, and we are trying to simplify our lives.
Because I’m a dummy 17 pictures will be posted shortly by FieroBrian, thanks bud, or I can send via e-mail if wanted. Thanks for your time. Dan & Dora

[This message has been edited by ChopTop (edited 10-20-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
pm sent (email bounced)

J.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I'll post the pics if you want to send them to me. Click the email button above my post.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40729 posts
Member since Oct 1999
This is one of the most beautiful Fieros I've ever seen.
Here are the pics...

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40729 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40729 posts
Member since Oct 1999

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

WOW !

I am speechless. That is a goregous car ! Good luck with the sale choptop.

Talk to Falcon Fiero, he is looking for a good car, preferably an 88 but this car looks a lot like the one he sold. He would have to at least take a second glance at this stunner !

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm, how much $$?? PM me!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Good thing I'm up to my armpits in a project of my own.
Otherwise, I might be forced to try to spend a bunch of money that I don't even have.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-13-2005).]

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
WHY AM I POOR!!!!

------------------
http://www.roadconetuning.com/

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2005 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
re edited

[This message has been edited by ChopTop (edited 10-20-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
re-edited
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Do you happen to have any engine pics and what it looks like under the bra?
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
ttt
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2005 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
ttt
oneday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onedaySend a Private Message to onedayDirect Link to This Post
what price are we talking for this sweet car man, it looks really great!!!!
4mulaFire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4mulaFireSend a Private Message to 4mulaFireDirect Link to This Post
Trade for mine? LOL

Sweet Car G/L with the sale

------------------
Original Blue 87GT 5spd.
Modified 2.8L V6

Centerforce Dual Friction, H4 Blue headlights, Cleared Taillights, Mr. Mikes Leather, MoMo Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel, Lowered 1.5", Konig Verdict 17" Rims, Power everything, Speed Hut Gauges, Short Shifter, Ported Manifolds.

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2005 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
bump for an awesome looking 85
HellYes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2005 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HellYesSend a Private Message to HellYesDirect Link to This Post
Very nice.

Currious. Is the striping painted on, or is it just pin stripe tape that can be removed?

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2005 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2005 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

Did this car sell?

PFF
System Bot
oneday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onedaySend a Private Message to onedayDirect Link to This Post
yeah you never answered my other reply... so is it still for sale
86fierose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 213
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroseSend a Private Message to 86fieroseDirect Link to This Post
damn.....that is a nice ride....I wish I had the cash........wanna trade for a 1997 Lincoln Continental

free bump for a very sexy car...

------------------

Swing by my myspace page!!
http://www.myspace.com/jrhartman
jeremy@audiofreeze.org

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2005 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Hey guys i talk to chop top a lot since i just purchased his choptop from him and i believe he told me just this past weekend that he has a sale pending on this car.

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Hey guys i talk to chop top a lot since i just purchased his choptop from him and i believe he told me just this past weekend that he has a sale pending on this car.

Thanks for the heads up. I sent you a PM.

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
Did this ever sell?

------------------
85' Fiero 5spd notchback
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bigtime1911/album?.tok=phlWNyABDV9Lapf.&.dir=/2a9c&.src=ph

65' Karmann Ghia
http://photos.yahoo.com/the_ikon1911

Jaguar XJ8 L
Audi A6 Quattro
Jeep CJ7
Lexus SC 400 *Best car ever RIP

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
ChopTop,

Have you sold this car? I have sent you a PM.

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post
Just a short update since I’m still getting inquiry’s regarding this car. We still have it but my wife keeps on waffling on selling it. So…until she is sure she wants to sell the car it is off the market. I believe she may want to sell it sometime in the future, when she does I’ll post it. We apologize to anyone who’s inquired. Thank you.
Dan & Dora
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Dan,

Thanks for the update. I have not called you back because it sounded like you may have already had a buyer. Thanks for letting us know. I also left you a message in the Chop Top #4 thread.

Mark

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
Also, love that wing! Where did you get it from?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock