Started on: 06-13-2005 02:16 AM
Replies: 28
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 08-01-2005 08:06 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
1987 Pontiac Fiero
$1600 / *** NOW *** $1200 / offer (EDITED 8-22-05, price lowered)

4 Cylinder engine - Runs good. 144K miles
Automatic transmission - Shifts fine.
Ice cold A/C - Works great
Kenwood Stereo - CD - removable faceplate, w/ a remote control.

I bought the car from a girl in Tampa who owned it for six years. She loved it. Sold it as
the family needed a larger car.

It does have a few problems, as any car of this age would have. I will spell out the things
I know about, not to scare anyone off, but to disclose what you need to know about the car.

1. The clear coat on the trunk and the roof has faded. Looks good in the photo, up close
you can see those area‘s . A future paint job would take care of that.

2. The right side headlight motor that raises the lights needs to be rebuilt. The rebuild kit is
under 10 dollars and takes about an hour to rebuild. I did it on another car, not to hard.
For now, I’ve been raising the hood, then turning the lights on. When they’re turned off
they go down, make a noise that will go away once rebuilt.

3. The front end needs to be aligned & lubed. May need shocks soon, the girl I bought it (EDIT Alignment done)
from told me she’d planned to replace them, but never got around to it.

4. The windshield wipers sometimes come on and make one pass every now and then. The
dealer can figure out what’s wrong. For now, I’ve been pulling out the fuse till needed.
When needed they do work, and have the adjustable delay.

Those are the only problems I know of. I’ve been driving it daily since December, it’s been a
joy to drive. I’ve added the GT wheels & recovered seats w/ headrest speakers from an 84.
I replaced the exhaust manifold, no leaks now.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-22-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Anyone interested ?

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-14-2005).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a nice car. Wish I had the money. (Sure you don't wanna trade for a '72 pu? The junkyard has a lovely one [or so they say]. )

Dave

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
This is why I'm selling the 87 coupe

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052636.html

I can only keep so many toys. Think the price is to high ? The price is always negotiable. So offer !!

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

2. The right side headlight motor that raises the lights needs to be rebuilt. The rebuild kit is
under 10 dollars and takes about an hour to rebuild. I did it on another car, not to hard.
For now, I’ve been raising the hood, then turning the lights on. When they’re turned off
they go down, make a noise that will go away once rebuilt.

4. The windshield wipers sometimes come on and make one pass every now and then. The
dealer can figure out what’s wrong. For now, I’ve been pulling out the fuse till needed.
When needed they do work, and have the adjustable delay.

The fixes to both these problems are available from Rodney Dickman,

http://www.rodneydickman.com/

The headlight repair kit is only $5.75 for each motor, and the two new gaskets are $1.50 each. The Delay Wiper Rebuild Kit is only $9.00. You could have a VERY nice Fiero for only an extra $20 + few bucks shipping.

$1600 for this car is a steal anyway.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 06-15-2005).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
This is a really nice car...I wish I was closer, it would make a real nice daily driver. Or you could drop in an LT1, chop the top and call it The Other Blue Chop Top

beelizard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beelizardSend a Private Message to beelizardDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to say, I know this from experience, you are probably wasting your time listing your car here. Good Luck
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by beelizard:

I'm sorry to say, I know this from experience, you are probably wasting your time listing your car here. Good Luck

Yeah I know, I've been here on the forum since 2000, under another name. But sometimes it works. Had I never seen cone_shark's 88 Formula here in the mall, I'd never had bought it.

I have some local people looking at it also. Would rather it went to a PPF member, that way I could keep track of it !

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-15-2005).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-24-2005).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2005 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Bump, cause I don't like being on page 4, and I enjoy waisting my time posting here. lol

Price shows 1600 / offer, so offer. I'm flexible.

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Maybe more pic's will help someone realize this is the coupe they're looking for !!

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Last chance before e-bay.

It's sad we can't even sell our cars here.

Surprized no one tried to offer less, try me.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I can't believe no one's offering anything. That's a good price for that car. I'm just not in the market for another Fiero right now, or I'd be interested. (that and I'd prefer to stick with '88s since I already know their quirks).

I hope an enthusiast gets it. You'd probably get more on Ebay anyway.

Now, if you decide to sell your new Formula, we'll talk.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Sometimes it's just a matter of timing. Until recently I had been looking for a local fiero for months, had plenty of money to burn, and could not find one, then when i finally do they start falling out the sky all around me !

Could be just bad timing,..sellers should not give up on this place as the first stop before ebay.

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Sometimes it's just a matter of timing. Until recently I had been looking for a local fiero for months, had plenty of money to burn, and could not find one, then when i finally do they start falling out the sky all around me !

Could be just bad timing,..sellers should not give up on this place as the first stop before ebay.

Okay, I have the E-bay listing ready. As I said above, "offer, I'm flexible."

I'm going to list it for 1200 dollars, no reserve.

If any one wants to purchase the car, contact me before I start the auction, contact me before 10 PM TODAY.

It would save me 80 bucks listing fees.

As they would say at an auction, THIS IS FAIR WARNING. LAST CALL !!!

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-22-2005).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Has the AC been changed over to the "new" gas?
You say the front end needs aligned, is it pulling?
How are the brakes? I keep trying to talk my wife into a Fiero for her to drive, I will show her it tonight when I get home.
I will let you know before 8:00 tonight.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Has the AC been changed over to the "new" gas?
You say the front end needs aligned, is it pulling?
How are the brakes? I keep trying to talk my wife into a Fiero for her to drive, I will show her it tonight when I get home.
I will let you know before 8:00 tonight.

I never touched the A/C, Don't think its been changed over. Haven't looked at the caps over the valves.

Alignment ? *** EDIT *** Had it aligined on friday, it was way off. Drives great now.

Slight pull, over large bumps it feels somewhat loose. When I bought it, any speed over 60 was scary. Since then, I've lubed the fittings, that helped reach higher speeds. I don't think the former owner ever had any front end work done.

I'll look through the repair record folder she left with the car.

Brakes ? A little soft, was told she replaced at some point in the past.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-10-2005).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
My wife said no, she dosent want to give up her current car.
Good luck Im sure someone will take it off your hands.
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
Should have brought it up north to sell. Nice clean 87 coupe & priced right. Hard to get up here.

[This message has been edited by Gordo (edited 07-06-2005).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2005 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Wish I'd seen this earlier...is it already listed in Ebay?
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2005 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

Wish I'd seen this earlier...is it already listed in Ebay?

Not yet, waiting to start it in the afternoon, so it will end when most people are awake.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-31-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2005 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Is it on Ebay yet? Do you have a link to the auction?
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2005 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Is it on Ebay yet? Do you have a link to the auction?

Not listed yet. Had it aligned on friday , it was way off. Drives much better now.

Waiting to hear from a local guy, he may be interested. The 1st $1400 I see, gets it.

On ebay, I'll need to get atleast 1480, as the ebay charges are 40 to list, 40 after the first bid. It may get more offers on ebay, or it might not get a single bid.

Would rather sell it to a forum member.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2005 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Good luck with the sale. I've been trying to spread the word to anyone who might be in the market. This really would make a great daily driver for someone. If I didn't already have 3 automobiles, I'd probably buy it myself.

Be sure to post a link to the auction when it hits Ebay.

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Bump back to the 1st page, local person may be interested.
NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2005 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!!!!!!!!!!!
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2005 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NorthFloridaFiero:

PM sent!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading & posting a reply back

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-29-2005).]

2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvDirect Link to This Post
What kind of gas mileage does that thing get? Is the driver's seat tore up? No pics...
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2005 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

What kind of gas mileage does that thing get? Is the driver's seat tore up? No pics...

Mileage ? It's a 4 cyl, 30 hwy, 23 city last time I check both. Living 2 miles from work, It's hard to remember the last trip to the gas station. lol

From the archive, "Dirty Harry" from Orlando, gave me these seats. They were from an 84, w headrest speakers (not currently hooked up), but the wire w/plug is there on both.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20050410-1-048101.html

Both seats look like this. No rips - on seats. Console does have small rip.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-01-2005).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock