FS: 3.4TDC/DOHC Fiero GT Project car by bHooper
Started on: 12-16-2003 08:34 PM
Replies: 36
Last post by: Formula88 on 07-17-2005 10:19 AM
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2003 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunatly, I must relist the z34GT for sale, as it has not been picked up or paid for by the person that agreed to purchase. The time has come, and gone, and come again for me to move this car along to someone else who can finish it, love it, and enjoy it.

So, that being said, here's the skinny:

1986 Fiero GT, Red (painted fresh, but not perfect in 2002... a great 5 footer!), w/getrag (installed 2000), Clutchnet.com clutch (installed 2003), rebuilt suspension (poly, KYB's, Eibach springs, Moog ball joints, ect) done in 2000, Sunroof, Optima battery, power windows, approximatly 120,000 miles on the car (odometer reads 119,638), difference do to engine swap. the car has a '92 3.4l TDC, which i started installing in the spring, and have been debuging ever since.

the 3.4 has a custom crossover pipe running to a 2.5" single in single out Borla exhaust system. in addition to a custom pully eliminator plate.

the engine runs great, other than a few wiring issues. the issues are as follows:
1)as a direct result of having the fans wired incorrectly, the car idles high (2000 RPM's), and throws a code.
2) the speedo doesn't work
3) cruise and a/c need hooking up
4) it will need the timing belt replaced in the near future as there is a tiny nick in it
5) it needs proper upper engine struts
6) it will need new axle seals as the inboard one weeps.
It also needs some dressing up, as I worked primarily to get the car streetable, not show worthy. I'm not a fabricator or show car builder so some things don't look perfect.

the price tag? $3600 firm.

pic's are available upon request. unfortunatly, PIP and Win2K don't seem to like each other on my machine, or i would post them here.

------------------
hoop
'86+'92 Z34GT... For Sale!

[This message has been edited by bHooper (edited 02-10-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2003 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2003 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Hoop, i cant believe you have her up for sale.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope to have mine done soon. Doing the harness now.

What went wrong. I am using the DOHC web site for the harness. Is there anything i should know first. I was planning to follow it to the letter, but im wondering if this info led to your problems. thanks for any info

Rob

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2003 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Rob, it's hard to say. If I knew that, I would of had the car inished a long time ago. It's safe to ssay that it's in the harness. I don't think it has anything to do with the diagrams.

Anyway, it's time to move on. I've had the GT for 14 years. But now I'm buying a IT car and going to get my SCCA permit in February. I can only afford 1 hobby, and only have room for 1 project car.

hoop

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
TTT
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2004 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
unfortunatly, the car is still available.

new price, $3600.

if you would like pics, email me directly and i will send them to you.

thanks!
hoop

Exotic Rida

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2004 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Exotic RidaSend a Private Message to Exotic RidaDirect Link to This Post
im very interested in the car but i have a question at the top of the post you say that the price is 3600 firm and then at the bottom of this post you say the new price is 3600?????

is that a typo??
or is that the original price or what

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2004 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
that was more a case of me not reading my old post. when i first listed the car it was for $3800. when i updated the post several days ago, i guess i thought that was the price on the listing. the price for the car is $3600.

hoop

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
ping... i still have the car if anyones interested. i will listen to all reasonable offers. would consider a trade for a decent miata or 2nd gen Rx7... possibly others.

hoop

------------------
hoop
'86+'92 Z34GT... For sale

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bHooper:

Rob, it's hard to say. If I knew that, I would of had the car inished a long time ago. It's safe to ssay that it's in the harness. I don't think it has anything to do with the diagrams.

Anyway, it's time to move on. I've had the GT for 14 years. But now I'm buying a IT car and going to get my SCCA permit in February. I can only afford 1 hobby, and only have room for 1 project car.

hoop

Hoop,
You still having the hard code 15 problem? That will make it idle high and not run right.

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
honestly, i haven't worked on the car in 6 months. i bought a race car right after xmas and have been working finishing some details on it b4 race school. i go to school the week after easter.

at the very earliest it would be may b4 i had a chance to work o the fiero again, and only then if nothing happens to the fiat at school.

hoop

PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
any interest in basically stock, running/driving fieros?

I have a 1985GT that will be getting painted real soon, ive been driving it every other day (switch it out with my 87GT) for about 3000 miles, runs strong, shifts smooth, but gets EGR code, and ive replaced the EGR Valve and silinoid, but it wont go away....

It will be painted black cherry, its black right now with pretty nice grey interior, automatic, power windows, locks, cruise (inop) sunroof, wing, 87-88 plenum, 89k miles on the clock, has the 86-88 aux gauges, 120 speedo, 14" AR-25 rims, with new tires, new brakes, earls stainless lines, and some strange fog lights that were installed before i got it, it also has a cd-player with surround decoder, and 6 channel amp, JBL 5x7's in the dash, and stock speakers in the seats, ive got a remote for the cd-player somewhere. I can take pictures of the car if needed, and can also offer some cash to boot....

let me know if your interested.

the car does have a rust hole in the trunk, but its only through the sheet metal, about 2.5"x4" or so.

matthew

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
sorry, i'm looking to get out of fieros all together. the time has come.

actually, for the right price, i will include the following:

2 spare sets of door panels (1 being perfect, the other with aftermarket carpet)
1 set of aftermarket carpet
1 spare 3.4 coilset
1 core brake booster
1 core steering rack
2 rear springs from an '87 SE
1 spare clutch disk
1 spare flywheel
2 spare 2.8 coils
6 fuel injectors from a 3.1l
1 spare coolant tube (cant remember which side its from)
1 set of spare 2.8l heads
1 set of spare 2.8 valve covers
1 set of 2.8 fuel injectors w/fuel rail
1 set of a/b pilar moldings from a t-top... along with some soso corner pieces.
1 set of spare 15" rims mounted to a set of used hoosier autox tires
1 set of spare toyo proxies good for autox only
1 set of spare brake pads for the front
1 set of spare brake pads for the rear

and much much more!

$..... is $4000 cash reasonable for all this? if not, make a reasonable offer.

i would like this out of my way to give me more room for my race car.

thanks!
hoop

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2004 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
anyone want to make a reasonable offer on the car and part collection?

hoop

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
I still have this car. If anyone is interested. I did some work on the harness back in the fall, and I now believe that most of the electrical bugs are now gone. Alan Frazier helped me with the harness, and I believe most issues are resolved there.

The car needs a mount fabricated to keep the tranny and engine from bucking around... basically a dog bone replacement. Because of this, I have not put much driving time into the car (i also haven't had the time to spend working on it, in the past year and half). It needs some seat time, to make sure everything is operating properly and all bugs are indeed removed.

After we fixed the harness, I took it for a brief spin around the shop... WOW! It will be a very fun car for some lucky person. I just don't have the time to work on it.

New price for the car... $3000. email me for pics bhooper1@triad.rr.com
I will consider trades, but I am not interested in another Fiero at the moment.
I also have a bunch of parts available that I will sell seperately, or include for the right offer.

Thanks!

------------------
hoop

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Man, I can't believe no one has bought this car yet!
You should bring it out to the Fox & Hound on June 4th if it's up for the trip and show it off. Heck, I haven't seen the car since you painted it!
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
the car's parked. it needs mounts, and a charge on the Optima battery. plus tags... yadda yadda yadda.

i will either be out of town on the 4th, or prepping the race car for a trip to Lowes on the 18th.

it's a great deal for someone. i promiss you will like the car. i have pics to email. just can't post em here for some reason.

------------------
hoop

dohcfiend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dohcfiendSend a Private Message to dohcfiendDirect Link to This Post
if i only had 3k. i will keep an eye on that car if it hasn't moved by the time i get my $$$ straight. if these things come to pass when u get a pm i will be serious, otherwise only thing i could trade you would either be another project car(87 gta trans am/lt-1 swap, lost interest in it but won't sell it) or some new high performance sbc parts.

if for some strange reason u are interested pm me and i will give you the details.

[This message has been edited by dohcfiend (edited 05-24-2005).]

rverhalen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rverhalenSend a Private Message to rverhalenDirect Link to This Post
shoot me some pictures

rverhalen@triad.rr.com

and what is your number

------------------
Thank you,
Robert Ver Halen
Winston-Salem, NC
(IZA-TOY)

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Email me the pics and I'll post them for you.
bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
you both have mail.

hoop

PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Here come the pics. I had to resize them to get PiP to post them.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001
More pics...

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001
and more pics...

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
thanks John! the photo's are from november '03. nothing physical has changed with the looks of the car. it does need a bit of dressing up. but i spent most of my time trying to get it to run first.

hoop

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
no interest?! hmmmm. well, i cranked the car up this afternoon, so that i could move it. it sounded very nice.

anyway, if no one is interested perhaps i will have to part it out. would people be interested in parts instead of a car? do i have the time to do this? is it financially benificial to part out the car? hmmmm........

------------------
hoop

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Now that would be a crying shame. It's a nearly complete, driveable 3.4 DOHC GT 5-speed. I can't believe no one wants this.
Have you tried Ebay?
RobertVol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertVolSend a Private Message to RobertVolDirect Link to This Post
Long time out of the Fiero Community but back now and email sent

BH, check your email

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
the car is still available.

it MUST be trailered to it's new home, as it needs to have a custom mount made and will need a break in period. other than that and dressing it up, it should be fine.

do not email me if you are looking for something to pick up and drive home... unless you live in Oak Ridge, NC... then it will probably make it.

------------------
hoop

joshuaz99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshuaz99Send a Private Message to joshuaz99Direct Link to This Post
Im interested. PM sent.

Joshua

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
responded to your email, Joshua.

thanks for the interest... hope to hear from you!

hoop

PFF
System Bot
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2005 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post
I remember when this car got started. And I think it has my rear cradle bolts in it

------------------

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2005 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
yes, your rear cradle bolts are in it. they helped me get the 2.8 and tranny back in this car 5 years ago. i should have stopped there... but lesson learned. now i've developed other habits (specifically named SCCA Club Racing in Improved Touring) and i can barely afford to spend time on that car, much less the pontiac.

thanks for the interest.

hoop

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2005 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
If you end up parting it out, How much for the wiring harness, exhaust system, and power steering pulley eliminator?

priced seperately first, then as a group.

thats all i need for my DOHC motor.

matthew

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2005 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
the car has been sold. thanks to all that showed interest, and to Josh Zimmerman for purchasing the car.

i will have a few parts for sale, in the near future, then i intend to ride off into the sunset.

thanks!

------------------
hoop
'86+'92 Z34GT... SOLD

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2005 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear you're out of Fieros, Hoop, but it's great to hear you're still alive and kicking.

It'd be great to hoist a beer with you sometime for old time's sake... keep in touch, hey?

E-mail's in the signature...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, why don't you come slum with us Fiero peeps next Saturday at the NASCAR Cafe, since we'll be in your neck of the woods.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052863.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock