Started on: 08-15-2013 12:18 AM
Replies: 58
Last post by: Formula88 on 08-17-2013 12:10 AM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
1990 honda accord.
IP: Logged
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

64 Pontiac Bonneville, the dam thing was a tank and had a radio with a reverb unit that would crash every time you hit a bump but was a hell of a party car, sat 8 comfortable, also had 8 lug nuts on each wheel.
here are the wheels I was talking about with 8 lug nuts

notice that the brake drum was the inside of the wheel and the rims were like those of an 18 wheeler, bought a new set of tires when I first bought the dam thing as there was no way I was going to change one of those.

Steve

You could probably get more for one of those wheels now, than you paid for the whole car when you bought it.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

64 Pontiac Bonneville, the dam thing was a tank and had a radio with a reverb unit that would crash every time you hit a bump but was a hell of a party car, sat 8 comfortable, also had 8 lug nuts on each wheel.

notice that the brake drum was the inside of the wheel and the rims were like those of an 18 wheeler, bought a new set of tires when I first bought the dam thing as there was no way I was going to change one of those.

Steve

I had a 62 Bonneville with the same wheels. It had previously belonged to 3 of my high school classmates. I don't know if it was standard equipment or if one of them stole it from a tire store, but it had the tire machine adapter to hold those wheels and a plate to spin-balance them. The only other way to balance them was to do it on the car.
Heartland Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Heartland FieroSend a Private Message to Heartland FieroDirect Link to This Post
First car: 87 Fiero GT

Current car: 12 Corvette Grand Sport

Next car: 88 Fiero GT

Just like Jay Leno said "you may have numerous affairs with other more exotic cars, but you always come back to your Pontiac Fiero."

Actually he was talking about his first car, a Buick Road Master.

Different car but the same rules apply
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
I thought I posted this earlier, but I must have not hit submit. My first car was a 1978 Ford LTD. No need to say it, I know.

Jim

Edit: I'm not crazy, there are 2 exact threads on this.

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 08-15-2013).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
1984 Pontiac Fiero. $750, paid for it in a couple weeks with my first job. Over ten times that into it now, and it's still worth about that...
Heartland Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Heartland FieroSend a Private Message to Heartland FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

I thought I posted this earlier, but I must have not hit submit. My first car was a 1978 Ford LTD. No need to say it, I know.

Jim

You posted it correctly. Somehow with the help of my dumb/smart phone managed to repost it?

I'm sure people are shaking their heads

Wish that one would go away. Sorry guys

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Define "first".

First car that was given to me - 87 Honda Civic Hatchback.
Looked just like this:

Given to me by my father for High School graduation.

First car I bought for myself - 73 Chevy Camaro:

Purchased after the above mentioned Civic got rear-ended-turned-hit-and-run by an immigrant from... shall we say... south of the border.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 08-15-2013).]

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
1976 Pontiac Astre. Yes Pontiac's version on the Chevy Vega, complete with the dreaded Vega engine.

Rich
jmclemore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmclemoreSend a Private Message to jmclemoreDirect Link to This Post
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefDirect Link to This Post
49 chevy fleetline, painted orange with a big tear drop scoop, 216 6 cyl truck engine

PFF
System Bot
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
My first car was a 1984 Renault Alliance DL.

With a 1.4 liter engine and a 5 speed, the car averaged over 50 MPG; but with only 64 HP, that car was irritatingly slow. Looking back, that was a perfect first car for a teenager. Too slow to get you into trouble, and great gas milage so that $5 of gas (back then) would last me almost all week.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
I had a 62 Bonneville with the same wheels. It had previously belonged to 3 of my high school classmates. I don't know if it was standard equipment or if one of them stole it from a tire store, but it had the tire machine adapter to hold those wheels and a plate to spin-balance them. The only other way to balance them was to do it on the car.

Didn't realize it had those wheels on it when I bought it, found out later and as you said they had special adapters at the tire store to change them. it was the first car I actually bought from a dealer myself. friend who was a mechanic there recommended it. road like it was on a cloud, or maybe it was a cloud. all I know is when that reverb unit crashed the first time it sounded like an a bomb went off in the back seat. almost got in a wreck because of it.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Heartland Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Heartland FieroSend a Private Message to Heartland FieroDirect Link to This Post
This could be the first car you owed and bought (like mine via a loan from the folks) or the first car your folks bought you.

Just wanted to address that since someone asked.

Your first car should have represented freedom. Well at least mine did (when it wasn't broke down).
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
1972 GTO
AndyLPhoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyLPhotoClick Here to visit AndyLPhoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to AndyLPhotoDirect Link to This Post
1983 Subaru DL station wagon. Having a difficult time finding an accurate picture online--most are GL and 4WD. Mine was basically this style, but less trim, and the "plain" silver steel wheels, not 4WD. I've got a photo in an album somewhere, but no desire to find it and scan it.

[This message has been edited by AndyLPhoto (edited 08-16-2013).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

1972 GTO

Very nice! I still have a '71 Goat that I bought in 1976.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick in This thread:

Heh heh, not wanting to hijack this thread, but I've got to post a picture of my first car - a 1967 Chevrolet Caprice.

That's me, age 19, standing there beside the road to Penticton BC for some summertime cruising way back in 1975.

396ci of throbbing pulsating lumpy cam big-block power. Whew, I'm feeling a little... tingly.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-16-2013).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Steve

I always loved those wheels. Pretty advanced technology for the time considering they were drum brakes. I'd hate to think how hard it would be to find ($$$) replacement brake drums today.

My first car was a '69 Firebird 350.
It was this color gold - faded by the time I got it.

with plain wheel covers and white wall tires like this...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock