Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Pastor Gets Fired Up And Starts Dirty Laundering Members Of The Congregation!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Pastor Gets Fired Up And Starts Dirty Laundering Members Of The Congregation! by Boondawg
Started on: 07-02-2013 08:23 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: frontal lobe on 07-05-2013 12:07 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Wonder what the collection plate looked like on THAT day!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungDirect Link to This Post
Best reason not to deal with men but with God directly.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I kind of wish there was more.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Moral of the story?

Don't piss off the video guy, lest ye end up on YouTube.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Some times the truth hurts.

I am not suggesting everyone accepts his version of the truth but, one should assume that those in attendance at that service are believers.

There are few worth less than a hypocrite. Speaking the truth will normally upset those not following the strict beliefs of such a group.

------------------
Ron
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
LOL. Many Christian churches and pastors are like that. I bet he has a nice BMW in his driveway as well.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

LOL. Many Christian churches and pastors are like that. I bet he has a nice BMW in his driveway as well.

But most are not.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Me thinks that young Cox in the video room got even with the old prick on the pulpit.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-04-2013).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Wonder what the collection plate looked like on THAT day!

Yeah, I suspect that someone probably complained before this, and the pastor probably decided to let loose.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2013 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Moral of the story?

What i get out of it is a reaffirmation of my 'life lesson': trust no one.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2013 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Sourmug:

But most are not.

Most that i have seen are better off than i. Not saying they shouldn't make a living, but 'serving god' is supposed to be a burden of sorts, right?

Pretty good gig to have, yell at people tell them they will go to hell if they don't pay up/offer their daughters/etc. I think im in the wrong business.
PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN..............
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
A bully in the pulpit.

retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Most that i have seen are better off than i. Not saying they shouldn't make a living, but 'serving god' is supposed to be a burden of sorts, right?

Pretty good gig to have, yell at people tell them they will go to hell if they don't pay up/offer their daughters/etc. I think im in the wrong business.

Maybe those feel good made for tv reverends are, but most pastors I know (including two in my own family) live on a pauper's wage compared to the amount they work, which goes far beyond the standard 3 sermons per week btw. Some even have full time jobs outside the church because the congregation just isn't able to support them.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-04-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by retroman:

Maybe those feel good made for tv reverends are, .

The ones i have seen were not the TV variety, and they were still scamming their flock. ( as most do )

Originally posted by retroman:
compared to the amount they work

Dont quit your day job.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 07-04-2013).]

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Think of football or basketball coaches instead of pastors for a minute. Some players actually like a fiery coach that gives them both barrels. Others are crushed by that approach and shouldn't be around that kind of coach.

Let's for discussion say there is a right and wrong. OK. But there can still be different manners to deliver that message of right and wrong. Definitely wouldn't be my delivery style. And I'm not "soft" on right or wrong as I see it.

The thing that got me most about the video was not the pastor, but if you listen in the background, there were some congregation members that were agreeing with his approach and cheering him on. I don't think in the state he was in, he needed to be egged on any further.

Good news for adults is that they could decide to move on to another church, or could move to vote him to move on, as he invited. Bad news and my biggest sympathy is for the children in the homes of the adults who are not at an age where they don't have that choice.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock