Street performer with electric violin. by 2.5
Started on: 05-29-2013 07:04 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 06-03-2013 08:42 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierobrian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
DAM THAT BOY CAN PLAY !!! i would give money all day
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobrian:

DAM THAT BOY CAN PLAY !!! i would give money all day

I don't want to pretend like I'm being on my high horse, but there isn't anything that he's doing here that's complicated. What makes this impressive is that I have no idea what song this is, so I assume he wrote it... but more specifically, he's recording tracks while he's playing.

Not sure if it's obvious to everyone, but he laid down a rhythm track (Violin 2) and then while that's playing, he plays the first string part... pretty cool that he can do that.
D3M6B

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BDirect Link to This Post
fierobrian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
yea the only music i play is turn on cd . but i liked it do you play music, kinda sounds like it . i can fix allmost anything but i cant play a lick of music now if it was a guy fixing a old press or a cnc 4slide or something i would be like no big deal i do that all the time
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I have seen a few videos of this guy and yes, he is VERY Talented. Far more so than I am
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
The guy has serious skills...

But when it comes to street performers, I'm still partial to the Broadway Rapper (I think his name is Kyhil). The dude plays drums while freestyling about whatever he can see. It's awesome.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
I got to meet and talk with Roy Thackerson (The Fingerless Fiddle Player) last month in Mountain View, AR. Also had a chance to sit in on a jam session with several very good musicians from several states. I sat and watched and listened mostly!

He's quite a character....and fiddler!

His story.
http://www.fingerlessfiddler.com/
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I don't want to pretend like I'm being on my high horse, but ....

Ever heard of the Joshua Bell Experiment?

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 05-30-2013).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Though its not technically difficult, I suppose it shows it doesnt have to be, to be awesome
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Ever hear of the Joshua Bell Experiment?

That's a pretty cool article.

I hope you weren't under the impression that I was trying to be disrespectful. I've been playing the violin since I was 7 and have been in numerous orchestras. I was simply stating that it was impressive how he used the technology of the electric violin to basically create a small three-piece string group.
PFF
System Bot
fierobrian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post

That's a pretty cool article.

I hope you weren't under the impression that I was trying to be disrespectful. I've been playing the violin since I was 7 and have been in numerous orchestras. I was simply stating that it was impressive how he used the technology of the electric violin to basically create a small three-piece string group.

i knew you had to play . got any video i love to hear music i just cant play any of it lol
dam roy can play a fiddle great period let alone for mising fingers

[This message has been edited by fierobrian (edited 05-30-2013).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobrian:

i knew you had to play . got any video i love to hear music i just cant play any of it lol

No, I'm sorry... I do have some audio recordings though (on cassette, heh...).

Some of my favorites are Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in D minor and Adagio for Strings. But everyone knows Adagio (the sad song from Platoon... and also my junkyard page, heh).

What I really like is a full orchestra though... with brass and woodwinds. Everyone likes Mozart, Beethoven, etc... but I often like the more obscure ones like Holst. Maybe it's my nerd side... but I really like The Planets by Holst... specifically Mars the Bringer of War and Jupiter. Each piece is named after a planet in the solar system.

fierobrian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
yea i like the older stuff also i love the music with no words it lets me close my eye and dream what ever i want it to be . thanks for the links had not hear them before
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

What makes this impressive is that I have no idea what song this is, so I assume he wrote it... but more specifically, he's recording tracks while he's playing.

Not sure if it's obvious to everyone, but he laid down a rhythm track (Violin 2) and then while that's playing, he plays the first string part... pretty cool that he can do that.

He's using a "looping foot pedal." Here's an example of one. I can't tell which one he's using.

http://www.sweetwater.com/s.../detail/HardWireDL8/

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 06-01-2013).]

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

He's using a "looping foot pedal."

They've been around a long time. I remember Ornette Coleman experimenting with one more than 40 years ago.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I noticed that a lot of the songs he plays he dosent play the song at all He replaces the Lyrics With the violin solo... Lot of talent there becausde in listening to it I heard the lyrics to it even though there not being said.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing that.

Gave me goosebumps a few times.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock