Started on: 04-08-2013 01:45 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: HIOSILVER! on 04-22-2013 09:43 AM
HIOSILVER!

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Hey folks been awhile since i posted anything.

12 minutes. Thats all it took to be engulfed. All for a lamp that overheated. No one was hurt thankfully but my tenants lost 4 cats.

Just goes to show you just never know. Had more smoke alarms then were needed for code plus carbon monoxide detectors. Plus everything was on surge protectors.

Just a tip. research your appliances for known defects. Check your alarm batteries often.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
verry sorry for your loss, please tell me you were properly insured?
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Yes i was insured.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

please tell me you were properly insured?

I don't believe it couldn't have been any other way, if he had tenants.
I too am sorry for your loss.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Insured or not, its a great loss. Material things can be replaced, however you will never forget many items a home has, let alone pets.

Sorry to hear about this.

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
My son and wife are both in counseling. And im not allowing them back there unless the counselor tells them it would be ok. Son blames himself. He had turned on the light. It started in his room. He had 3 friends scheduled for a bday sleepover. Wife is having attacks at the whiff of smoke damaged items. My daughter has been oblivious. All she cared about was the dog was safe. Spent my day this weekend digging through the wreckage for any personal items that could be saved. Desperate to get into my sons room to try to find anything i can for him. But they havent released it yet from investigation

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
Damm that sucks. I am sure that would have mess with my head as a kid. I can only suggest that you tell him it is a chance to start new memories. Maybe ask friends and family to make copies of family pictures that they have. Go out and buy clothes that are needed on credit cards, all that will be reimbursed anyway. You can still look for sales, ect. Keep every receipt you can.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

I can only suggest that you tell him it is a chance to start new memories. Maybe ask friends and family to make copies of family pictures that they have.

Good advice.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
My cousin burned down my grandpa's garage/woodworking shop when we were younger. He was using a grinder and some sparks ignited a puddle of gas that had leaked out of an old motorcycle. Lots of antique tools and other irreplaceable material things were in there, and he was a mess for the rest of the summer. He eventually got over it, and when the time came to build new, he was able to help out, and it was therapeutic for him I think.

He's fine today 10 years later, working a pretty decent job after graduating from a vocational school.

Good vibes to you and yours!

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 04-08-2013).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
It sucks man....almost 20 years ago dads garage burned. It was a bad receptical and got in the walls, my GS650 burned up, a bunch of stuff in storage out there....he re-built and the insurance paid off.....but its still not the same out there as it once was before the fire.....lol, we rebuilt a 4x4, I did heads on my sisters Paersian, there was always some kind of project going on out there...lol, My bro's GTA and Dans Mustang actually both fit in there....it used to be a home with something going on all the time, and now its just a place to park the buick. Ya can re-build, but ya cant restore, only go foreward.

I feel for ya man
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistDirect Link to This Post
wow

sorry to hear this
glad no one was hurt.

Good luck man!!!!
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
What type of lamp?

Please let us know if any of us can help in any way.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-08-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

glad no one was hurt.

Pets were lost.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Having lost my home to a fire I know how you feel.
Lighting strike got ours, started in the washroom fuse box.

almost 20 years ago now it still stings to think about it. My wife was put in the hospital because she went into shock.
We were able to salvage some things that didn't burn up but we lost two cats, it something thats going to stick to you.

Talk to people, let them help you. You will be surprised by the generosity of people you hardly know.
Post if there is something you need, would be happy to help.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
How old is the boy / girl? Maybe I have something they need.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to hear this from a fellow Mainer. (I am from Oxford, but I live in VA now because I am Active Duty) Where are you at in Maine?
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
What do you need? We are still here in Maine and would be happy help in anyway we can. We have more food than carter has liver pills (Home raised none of that store-bought stuff), could watch the dog if you cant find a place that allows them. furniture, coffee tables, kids cloths, small TV for the kids. whatever you need even if it it is just to get you through till the insurance kicks in, leashes or collars for the dog, blankets or anything. girls cloths as well.

Just PM me with what you need or just could use we would be happy to help.

Sorry this happened to you but glad the only loss of life were a few cats, sad as that is to see I mean no human lives lost.

Steve, Melanie and Amanda

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Thanks folks we are ok. at inlaws now. It was a Torchiere floor lamp. halogen.
Insurance is looking for a house to rent in the meantime.

[This message has been edited by HIOSILVER! (edited 04-08-2013).]

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post

HIOSILVER!

1868 posts
Member since Mar 2002
We are in Biddeford. Next to Old Orchard Beach
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Rich,
I'm so sorry to hear this but am happy that you and the family are safe. Cindi and I send our best wishes for a quick and complete recovery. If there is anyway we can help from afar please let us know.

Dave
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
WOW, sorry to hear that. I do hope you get back on your feet soon.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry to hear this, but I'm happy that y'all got out okay.

At the risk of sounding like "me too!", please let me know if I can do anything.

Steve
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Sorry Rich.. I hope your wife and boy are going to be ok.. sounds very traumatic for them.
Glad you guys all got out alive.. let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Take care of yourself.
Mark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to hear this man. Prayers for your family to settle nerves and cope with the big changes.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear about this. Glad everyone is safe. Were right up the road in OOB, if theres anything we can help with just shoot us a PM.

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Thanks all, We are doing ok. Havent owned a Fiero in years but will again someday but still come here daily because i enjoy the people. This is the best group of people online anywhere.

Went to grab the bikes from the garage because my daughter wanted to ride without training wheels only to find that my sons and my bike were stolen out of the garage. jokes on them. Sons bike was broken anyway. And my kids already had bikes donated to them. So they are unaware.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock