Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Other places to list stuff for sale besides CL?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Other places to list stuff for sale besides CL? by 2.5
Started on: 03-27-2013 03:13 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: 2.5 on 03-28-2013 10:21 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
No cost places to list stuff for sale...

Craigslist -yep

Ebay classifieds (kijiji) -yep

?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Sure, you can find them, but you're going to reach the most people on eBay and Craigslist... everything else might get a couple hits but not a fraction of the traffic of the other two.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2013 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Sure, you can find them, but you're going to reach the most people on eBay and Craigslist... everything else might get a couple hits but not a fraction of the traffic of the other two.

Thats regional....around here CL is DEAD...it exists but if you really want action Kijiji is THE place to be.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Believe it or not, but I've had a lot of luck with Facebook. I'm a member of about 10 local boards that cater to various and have sold quite a bit on them. Just do a search for your area to find one, join and make a post asking for any other lists like it.

Some boards are, of course, more active than others and your posts can get buried pretty quick with how Facebook works but I've had more luck with selling stuff on various Facebook pages then on my local Craigslist. Between Facebook and Craigslist, I don't bother doing eBay any more, especially with all their fees and messing with shipping.

Here are my local pages, for example for things to search for:

Southeast Kansas Guns and ammo swap
Southwest Missouri gun trader
Southwest Missouri guns/bow
Guns of Oklahoma
4 states guns and more
Southeast Kansas Buy/Sell/Trade
SEK Antiques and Collectibles
Joplin MO buy sell trade
Jasper CO buy sell trade
SEK Buy and Sell Used Furniture
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
I'd check the local TV statsion sites. Here KSL is huge and they have a large classified section. Listing online is free, except for employment adds I think. Anyways, KSL is used to sell in this area more than craigslist. KSL is just so much easier to search and the ad searching, sorting and appearance is lightyears ahead of craigslist.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 03-28-2013).]

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Easy, find a forum .

Find the forum that matches what your selling. There is literally a forum for EVERYTHING on the interweb!

Keep in mind if it's say a Hot Wheels forum the HW people will assume that your selling dirt cheap, rock bottom prices sometimes, or any other forum. I just use the HW forum as an example. Something about folks assuming that because they are on a forum with other forum users everything will be super, super cheap. Hell some users might even try to interject their own ridiculously low price offers. Some times insultingly even...

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Easy, find a forum .

Find the forum that matches what your selling. There is literally a forum for EVERYTHING on the interweb!

Keep in mind if it's say a Hot Wheels forum the HW people will assume that your selling dirt cheap, rock bottom prices sometimes, or any other forum. I just use the HW forum as an example. Something about folks assuming that because they are on a forum with other forum users everything will be super, super cheap. Hell some users might even try to interject their own ridiculously low price offers. Some times insultingly even...

Yeah the inherent expectaion of low prices is a toughy to deal with on some forums.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock