Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Remeber the driver that drove around a school bus on the sidewalk a few weeks ago?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Remeber the driver that drove around a school bus on the sidewalk a few weeks ago? by blackrams
Started on: 11-06-2012 11:40 AM
Replies: 26
Last post by: blackrams on 11-24-2012 05:00 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for that video but basically, this driver didn't like having to wait for the school bus and was driving up onto the sidewalk and around it. She had done it before and this time the school bus driver was ready and recorded her actions. Well, she was caught and prosecuted. Although, I think the sentence was light, the judge did order some justice in addition. If I can find that video, I'll post it also. Read on.

Woman who drove on sidewalk must wear 'idiot' sign

http://hosted.ap.org/dynami...=2012-11-06-06-45-55

CLEVELAND (AP) -- A woman caught on camera driving on a sidewalk to avoid a Cleveland school bus that was unloading children will have to stand at an intersection wearing a sign warning about idiots.

Court records show a Cleveland Municipal Court judge on Monday ordered 32-year-old Shena Hardin to stand at an intersection for two days next week. She will have to wear a sign saying: "Only an idiot drives on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."

The judge ordered her to wear the sign from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. both days.

Hardin's license was suspended for 30 days and she was ordered to pay $250 in court costs.

Messages seeking comment were left at a telephone listing for Hardin and at her attorney's office.

Edited: Found it at this link
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp...cleveland-school-bus and some more of the story.
------------------
Ron
We learn good judgement by exercising bad judgement. Such is the human condition, as sad as that sounds.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 11-06-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
damn school busses - drive me nutz too!

but even worse are thoses who must drive their own to school. creates a entire "no-drive zone" around schools, with all these mini-vans trying to sneak their way ahead of everyone else, while at the same time, complete screwing traffic flow.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
On this we agree, I have to pass through two school zones to get into town and the same two coming home. I don't mind the school buses so much but, parents picking up and dropping their kids off at school is really a problem. The traffic at these locations is horrendous twice a day, the city has even stationed police there to help control the traffic of folks just trying to get past this mess and the traffic coming into and out of the school. My lord, kids are spoiled these days but, that doesn't mean I'm going to jump the curb and head down the side walk to get past all that traffic. This lady truly embodies what her sign says.

------------------
Ron
We learn good judgement by exercising bad judgement. Such is the human condition, as sad as that sounds.

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

damn school busses - drive me nutz too!

but even worse are thoses who must drive their own to school. creates a entire "no-drive zone" around schools, with all these mini-vans trying to sneak their way ahead of everyone else, while at the same time, complete screwing traffic flow.

And I'm one of those damn school bus drivers! I've gone to court a few times to help give 'flasher passers' their just due. One teenage girl said she didn't see me even thought the car in front of her stopped and she drove on the shoulder to get around. All I had to do is go to the local high school the next day and find the car and get all the info I needed from the office. She also got her parking pass revoked and she had the nerve to blame me.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
And I'm one of those damn school bus drivers! I've gone to court a few times to help give 'flasher passers' their just due. One teenage girl said she didn't see me even thought the car in front of her stopped and she drove on the shoulder to get around. All I had to do is go to the local high school the next day and find the car and get all the info I needed from the office. She also got her parking pass revoked and she had the nerve to blame me.

so - you the guy to ask:
I only need to stop on the flashing reds
I can go by on flashing yellows
is this correct? I see alot of people stop for the flashing yellows - and I get wound up
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Is public humiliation even allowed?

That video made me lol.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2012 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I drove a school bus for about 3 years back in the late 70's and though I never had anyone pass from the rear, I had lots that ran through the stop when approaching from the front. A number of times kids had to scramble to keep from being hit.

Traffic in the 16 county Metropolitan Atlanta area is bad enough during rush hour. Then add to it the school buses and those parents shuttling their kids to school can likely add an hour to a worker's commute. You can definitely see a difference in traffic flow on the days when school isn't in session. Even the Interstate highways flow much better when there is no school. Locally, in an effort to reduce the budget, school kids within a half mile of the school cannot ride the school bus. This just adds to the mini-van traffic carrying those poor little darlings that can't walk 2 blocks to school. Take them to the mall, throw them out and leave them all day, but heaven forbid let them walk to the bus stop.

My cul-de-sac street is just over 1000 feet long with the bus stop at the intersection of the main street, being a 4-way stop. We have a parent at the end that brings her child to the bus stop in the SUV and picks him up in the afternoon, too. I also regularly see neighborhood residents who run that 4-way stop while the school bus is loading. Not to be out-done, the school bus tends to run it in the evening as it departs the subdivision.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2012 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
And now, the video of her "serving" out her sentence. Some folks have no remorse.

Edit: Just to let you know, the woman says or does nothing during the whole 5 plus minutes. Save yourself some time, and just comment.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 11-13-2012).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
"Honey you've gotta say something cause you're looking like a fool"

Win.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-13-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
You watched it also....sucker! I want my 5 plus minutes back that I spent on that woman.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
They showed her on the news here. I noticed the whole time she never got off her friggin phone. If I was the judge shed have lost her license for good. Just another one of the 'entitled '. Laws dont apply to her, only everyone else. Id even take my old daily driver and waited for her the next day and pulled out of the driveway in front of her so she couldnt get by...maybe even run into me so I could collect a nice insurance check from her. Hopefully put her in ICU for a few months too.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Lazy beyotch. They should have sentenced her to no buffets.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
Hopefully put her in ICU for a few months too.

You could just shoot her if that's how you really feel.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Locally, in an effort to reduce the budget, school kids within a half mile of the school cannot ride the school bus. This just adds to the mini-van traffic carrying those poor little darlings that can't walk 2 blocks to school. Take them to the mall, throw them out and leave them all day, but heaven forbid let them walk to the bus stop.

I wish my district would do that. 0% of my school's students walk or ride their bikes to school. 100% of them arrive via motorized transportation. My school has a rule against students walking to school. I suspect that it would be hard to enforce if a student began walking to school every day.
Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-14-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post
Next comes the lawsuit for the courts being racist,making her look like a fool and losing her dignity and missing her appointment to have her weave tightened.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

so - you the guy to ask:
I only need to stop on the flashing reds
I can go by on flashing yellows
is this correct? I see alot of people stop for the flashing yellows - and I get wound up

If the upper yellows are flashing it's just like a yellow light, it's gonna turn red soon, best bet is to stop. If it's the hazards going, slow down but you can drive around.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hehehe, too funny, but she got off light.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hehehe, too funny, but she got off light.

She's an idiot, I don't care who she is, where she is or, who she knows or is related to, what I do hope is that even if she didn't learn anything from this, other's did.

------------------
Ron
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
So, what do ya think, are we there yet?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

You could just shoot her if that's how you really feel.

I would, but unfortunately thats illegal.

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Should have taken her phone away as well - doubt that she has learned anything from this. All it means is that she has to stand there holding this sign while playing/talking/texting on her phone. IMHO would have been better if she had to hold the sign and walk up and down the street, but like this doesn't mean anything (considering that I have read that she thought the whole thing was a joke even while sitting in court).

Should have been a week and 8 hours a day holding the sign walking back a forth - what she is doing is just a slight inconvience, but she is going on with life on her phone.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
More justice. According to last night's news the judge learned that she was talking on her cell phone or wearing headphones and listening to her MP3 player while serving her sentence. He wasn't pleased that she seemed not to be taking this seriously, and extended her sentence by another day. Good for him.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 11-15-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Last year, a kid not far from my Michigan house was killed when someone went around a school bus and ran her over.

IMO, she got off easy. If she was in MI, she's be doing jail time about now. The Berrien County Sheriff's department has declared it open season on such.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I'm so terrified a little kid will jump out from around the bus that when I see a school bus I won't move until it does. Mainly because that little kid was me some time ago and I almost got hit several times.
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
BROADVIEW HEIGHTS, Ohio - Despite national media coverage of a Cleveland woman who drove around a school bus on a sidewalk, a Broadview Heights woman was recently cited for doing the exact same thing.
According to Broadview Heights police, officers cited a driver on Nov. 15 after she drove on the sidewalk to go around several Brecksville-Broadview Heights school buses waiting outside of Brecksville-Broadview Heights Middle School located on Mill Road.
There were children walking in the area at the time of the incident., police said
An alert bus driver wrote down the woman's license plate number and called police, who were able to contact the woman on the phone.
The driver confessed to the incident and was issued a citation for careless operation on private property and wanton disregard for public safety. She will appear in Broadview Heights Mayor's Court located at city hall on Nov. 29.

Hope she gets the same judge and gets the book thrown at her plus a few extra pages.
WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

BROADVIEW HEIGHTS, Ohio - Despite national media coverage of a Cleveland woman who drove around a school bus on a sidewalk, a Broadview Heights woman was recently cited for doing the exact same thing.
According to Broadview Heights police, officers cited a driver on Nov. 15 after she drove on the sidewalk to go around several Brecksville-Broadview Heights school buses waiting outside of Brecksville-Broadview Heights Middle School located on Mill Road.
There were children walking in the area at the time of the incident., police said
An alert bus driver wrote down the woman's license plate number and called police, who were able to contact the woman on the phone.
The driver confessed to the incident and was issued a citation for careless operation on private property and wanton disregard for public safety. She will appear in Broadview Heights Mayor's Court located at city hall on Nov. 29.

Hope she gets the same judge and gets the book thrown at her plus a few extra pages.

You GOTTA be kidding!
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I guess it's true, you can't fix stupid. I didn't realize it had reached epidemic levels though.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock