Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  /Facepalm. You can't make this stuff up!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

/Facepalm. You can't make this stuff up! by ryan.hess
Started on: 09-20-2012 10:44 PM
Replies: 31
Last post by: tbone42 on 09-22-2012 12:11 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Tuesday, 9/11/12:

Wednesday, 9/19/12, speaking at a Univision TV forum:

Who is running this campaign!?? Who possibly thought this was a good idea?!?

Source: http://colorlines.com/archi...e_for_univision.html

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 09-20-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
$16 Trillion in debt
100 million Americans on some form of Govt Aid
23 million Americans looking for a job
AAA credit rating fell to AA then to AA- under Obama
Terrorists murder our Ambassador on US Soil and the President goes on an apology tour...after a trip to Vegas.

....and you are worried about Mitt Romney's make-up?

Seriously?

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 09-20-2012).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Isn't it funny? It's like Obama going onto a Swedish American TV show looking like this:

hahaaa!
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I believe he already said somewhere that he does the tanning bed, or the spray tan thing. This is a non-issue, one of those things that the Obama camp picks up to try and cause the idiots in the crowd to get all worked up.

If he didn't tan it would be "Look how white he looks, he doesn't represent us." and you know it.

Brad
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap that Jimmy Carter picture is creepy, and sadly, quite accurate.
Doni Hagan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Nothing wrong with a little more melanin in the GOP. Maybe Romney/Ryan will do this for their next NAACP Conference appearance.

The approach would probably be as effective as it was with Hispanics.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 09-20-2012).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Nothing wrong with a little more melanin in the GOP. Maybe Romney/Ryan will do this for their next NAACP Conference appearance.

It would at least give all the negro spotters something to do since the majority of African-Americans are apparently culturally bound to vote for Obama and color is all they see.
It's been an interesting realization of Dr. King's dream.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 09-20-2012).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Well, we *had* some good melanin, but someone decided to run him out (Cain).

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 09-20-2012).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.c...ision_n_1900707.html

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard all YEAR. I would have never... EVER made the leap to him trying to get the Latino vote... WOW. Who cares what his skin tone is?! He did it to look tanner. Tanner people look more attractive to the general public. He's trying to look better. It backfired. Nobody in their right mind would think he looks Latino. He isn't stupid enough to think that he looks Latino. The idea is completely... compLETELY preposterous.

Sorry for kind of blowing up here but this is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard. I would have never jumped to that conclusion in a million years.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Try adding the "new and improved Mitt" to his touting his "Mexican roots" to Hispanic audiences and it's a bit easier to see why that conclusion was drawn.

I'm waiting to see how he responds when asked WHY his grandfather fled to Mexico.....
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

Is that Michelle Obama on the right?
PFF
System Bot
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

It would at least give all the negro spotters something to do since the majority of African-Americans are apparently culturally bound to vote for Obama and color is all they see.

Maybe they're doing it because the alternative is to vote for a candidate who considers them part of the Greater Unwashed 47%.

That's an interesting distortion of Dr. King's dream....now that you mention it.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Doni Hagan

8242 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

Is that Michelle Obama on the right?

Seven degrees of separation.

It just might be your great-grandmother.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Say what you want about Ralph Nader, but I liked that he looked "unkempt".. it gav me the feeling he had more important things to worry about. Too bad the american public does not. For the record, I think any guy that tans, real or otherwise, needs to hand in his man card.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Maybe they're doing it because the alternative is to vote for a candidate who considers them part of the Greater Unwashed 47%.

That's an interesting distortion of Dr. King's dream....now that you mention it.

That's an interesting distortion of what Romney was really talking about. But go with that, if you must.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post09-21-2012 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
The 'Celebrity adulation' disease Are you Americans so brainwashed by the Media Strawdog 'Personalities', that even the Presidential Candidates are starting to emulate them??? ' Hey he's got a brill tan!! Must be a cert for sorting out unemployment , the deficit, and bringing our Military home safely and soon...'
Oh, hold on a minute...could this be a throwback from the 'Nixon 7'o'clock shadow' farce?
It is a very sad reflection on the American voting Public, that these people who are vying for the most powerful position on EARTH, consider 'looking ' good is a major part of being right and able for the JOB.
'Book' and 'cover' springs to mind . And I was sad to see Mr. Johnson fell into the trap too One of the most appealing aspects I got from that video posted here a while ago, of him giving an emotional and exciting speech dressed in anything BUT 'Celeb' style, has fallen into the same trap, and looked subsequently unrecognisable when he appeared on a News item later on, dressed up and looking like a character from 'Dallas'. Sad. Lost all his charisma and 'businesslike' persona, and became a 'suit and tan' overnight.
Go back to putting out interviews and debates on the RADIO, where words count a million times MORE than how a person looks on TV.NO fake 'looks' to sway the People..just good, honest DEBATE.
Politicians are far too important people to be judged by their tan, or make-up, or whether their hair looks 'good'.
Damned TV is destroying the very fibre of our mentalities. No WONDER the West is going down the pan at a rate of knots.
TOO MUCH SPIN,SIN and GIN, and NOT enough GRIT,SPIT and INTELLIGENCE.
AMERICA. YOU ARE SOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!! (At least I always believed that to be the case ).
Can you imagine, that the TV Make-up and Props Managers are going to decide who is President? How BANAL. How SHALLOW. How EMBARASSING
Wow..imagine Ron Paul and Johnson as P/VP!! Now, THAT would be the dream Team, IMHO .
I fear I will get burned at the stake for saying this here. How sad

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 09-21-2012).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:
I would have never... EVER made the leap to him trying to get the Latino vote... WOW. Who cares what his skin tone is?! He did it to look tanner. Tanner people look more attractive to the general public. He's trying to look better.

Okay, I can buy that..... But then shouldn't he be tan today?

(Or a week ago? Month ago? Why pick this particular night, when he's on a Hispanic TV channel to suddenly spray tan?)

"I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk2ExIR_T2o

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 09-21-2012).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Yeah... he needs to fire his makeup artist, or maybe his skin is just rejecting the notion of changing color

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Romney wasn't my favorite candidate, this I will freely admit. And, I don't know that he's going to win this election.

As far as his skin color or tone.

I'd prefer to focus on real issues like our economy, threats to our nation, border security/immigration issues and things that are important. His personal tanning seems to be important to those looking to distract from important issues. You know, those things our current President has failed miserably at.

------------------
Ron
We learn good judgement by exercising bad judgement. Such is the human condition, as sad as that sounds.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-21-2012).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
I agree, this is silly, but it does show you that he is trying to be everything to everyone and that gets back to his character. Who is Mitt?

Originally posted by blackrams:

Romney wasn't my favorite candidate, this I will freely admit. And, I don't know that he's going to win this election.

As far as his skin color or tone.

I'd prefer to focus on real issues like our economy, threats to our nation, border security/immigration issues and things that are important. His personal tanning seems to be important to those looking to distract from important issues. You know, those things our current President has failed miserably at.

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
Apparently, none of you have had anything to do with the performance arts.

Univision, apparently, does not have very good makeup artists. It looks like a high schooler did the job.
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick's Dad:

Univision, apparently, does not have very good makeup artists. It looks like a high schooler did the job.

yup, they probably don't have makeup for someone so... light skinned

(seriously.... his makeup person should have handled this, and if he/she didn't then they didn't do their job).

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

I always assumed that with the SS protection, that he'd have his own makeup, artist, everything... Don't need any Chinese makeup tainted with ricin, ya know?

In any case, his campaign manager - whom you KNOW would be there- should be fired on the spot. How do you look at that and say, "Yep, good to go Mitt!" ?
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

$16 Trillion in debt
100 million Americans on some form of Govt Aid
23 million Americans looking for a job
AAA credit rating fell to AA then to AA- under Obama
Terrorists murder our Ambassador on US Soil and the President goes on an apology tour...after a trip to Vegas.

....and you are worried about Mitt Romney's make-up?

Seriously?

I really don't care about his make up but I gotta say it is funny. If Romney could just tell the country what his real plans are we'd actually have something to talk about (other than his makeup) but he won't.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Not really, I have quite a few black friends....and they dont like anything about Obama either. One even (though kiddingly) told me hes making them stereotypes and now everyone accuses him of being a full time liar too.

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Say what you want about Ralph Nader, but I liked that he looked "unkempt".. it gav me the feeling he had more important things to worry about. Too bad the american public does not. For the record, I think any guy that tans, real or otherwise, needs to hand in his man card.

Interesting that you say that! I was at an alternative energy conference where he was the main speaker many years ago. As far as his appearance, I was amazed that his teeth were really crooked when he obviously had enough money to fix them. I took that to mean that he didn't have a huge ego. He has them straightened now. I voted for him in the bush gore election even though his book "unsafe at any speed" killed one of my favorite cars after GM had fixed the rear suspension five years ahead of VW and Porsche. I was in California at the time so it didn't matter who I picked.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Just looked at a clip and the moderators were "made up" in the same manner, probably by the same person.

edit: The darkening of Romney apparently worked.........Romney Edges Obama In Univision Viewers

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 09-21-2012).]

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Direct Link to This Post
Is it not racist to talk about Mitt's skin color?
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
What? Mitt's a racist?
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
I'd prefer to focus on real issues like our economy, threats to our nation, border security/immigration issues and things that are important.

Ron,
I'm pretty sure that we come from opposite ends of the political spectrum.
But I agree with you that the folks in Washington need to get to work and get things done to deal effectively with America's problems.

I don't know about you, but it my boss gave me an approval rating of 10%,(or less!), that I'd be out on my a$$, and looking for a new job.

Take care, be well.

~ Bob ~
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

Ron,
I'm pretty sure that we come from opposite ends of the political spectrum.
But I agree with you that the folks in Washington need to get to work and get things done to deal effectively with America's problems.

I don't know about you, but it my boss gave me an approval rating of 10%,(or less!), that I'd be out on my a$$, and looking for a new job.

Take care, be well.

~ Bob ~

Bob,
Regardless of where we stand on that scale, I appreciate the comment and the manner it was presented.

------------------
Ron
We learn good judgement by exercising bad judgement. Such is the human condition, as sad as that sounds.

PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Actually, my wife works in television. The most important guests (like presidential candidates, Rupert Murdoch, Bill Gates, etc..) bring an entourage of service people with them, usually including a makeup artist, or at least someone they can trust to do some powder right.

Her station does not provide a makeup artist, as a matter of fact, and there have been a couple times when politicians in there for satellite uplinks have complained there was nobody to powder their face. A local congressman (R), is the most notorious complainer because he is so shiny. He always asks where the makep artist is, which is HYSTERICAL considering he votes to cut PBS funding. Oh the irony. He actually told my wife to do his makeup (which I think may have been a bit sexist since she was the only woman in the room) and she was like "No, I'm a broadcast engineer. There's a mirror and some powder in the green room, go for it."
And he screamed at everyone. Classy dude.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock