Started on: 08-04-2012 12:15 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Toddster on 08-05-2012 05:41 PM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Yes it's from Huffpost again. I'll pick "politics" as we know somebody will turn it into such.

Woman, 65, Singlehandedly Stops 5 Masked Thugs From Robbing Her Pawn Shop (VIDEO)
When five masked thugs attempted to rob a southern California pawn shop earlier this week, they expected it to be easy picking.

But the 65-year-old woman who owned the shop had a different idea. She scared them off by firing two rounds at the burglars with a handgun set aside for such occasions.

The attempted heist occurred Sunday at Continental Jewelry and Pawn Shop in Garden Grove, Calif., when the men walked into the store wearing masks and hoods, KCAL-TV reported.

At least two of the men were armed with guns and three of the men were also carrying pillow cases, according to Lt. Jeff Nightengale of the Garden Grove police department.

“They demanded everyone get down on the ground. They asked for valuables inside the store,” Nightengale said.

But the woman, whose name has not been released, wasn't going to give up any merchandise without a fight.

Surveillance video of the attempted crime show the men rushing to the front of the counter and pointing handguns at the clerks and a customer.

After the woman fires the shots, the men can be seen racing back to the door, fighting to get out as the woman runs after them.

The SUV left before three of the suspects made it back inside the vehicle, The Los Angeles Times reported.

Police said those suspects were picked up about a block away and added nothing was taken from the store and no one was hurt, KTLA-TV reported.

The woman's efforts to thwart the robbery aren't the only case of a senior citizen doing what it takes to stop a crime.

Otilia Martins, an 80-year-old grandmother in New Bedford, Mass., recently tried to stop two men from robbing her son-in-law's market by hurling mangoes and a bag of apples at the suspect with the gun.

During the robbery, one of the men hit Martins, a Portuguese immigrant, with the gun. But despite the laceration, she refused to go to the hospital to have her injuries treated.

Dumb Criminals: Mugshot Gallery 2011/2012
1 of 88
http://www.huffingtonpost.c...lnk3%26pLid%3D188290
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
heybjorn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
I don't get it. Huff Po is well known as a Godless, hate the truth, left wing page. Why have they posted a positive article on gun ownership?
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

I don't get it. Huff Po is well known as a Godless, hate the truth, left wing page. Why have they posted a positive article on gun ownership?

They've had a couple lately.

------------------
Are armadillos poisonous?

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Be afraid.
Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post
A pawn shop a half hour from Compton robbed by black guys......theres a first Too bad she didn't shoot every one of them.

[This message has been edited by Jackdaniels (edited 08-04-2012).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jackdaniels:

A pawn shop a half hour from Compton robbed by black guys......theres a first Too bad she didn't shoot every one of them.

Why does it matter what color they were, unless you are tasked to look for them? They were criminals. Crime is color blind.
Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Why does it matter what color they were, unless you are tasked to look for them? They were criminals. Crime is color blind.

True but in opening the link, I already knew what I was going to see before I even clicked on it based on the location of the crime.

[This message has been edited by Jackdaniels (edited 08-04-2012).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

I didn't either. I always get the extreme right commenting, if it's from Huff-post, about the source being biased (like it changes anything factual about the story). Personally, I hate that she missed, but the follow up said one was shot in another attempted robbery-they were slow learners.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Because they are not in it for the faith like Media Matters and Moveon.org. They don't have a bottomless pit of funding and they need to stay in business by making money. And they only way that will happen is if they make some attempt at legitimacy.

How Ironic that they are resortig to capitalism in order to bring it down.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock