Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Chivers, the story of Farrah, an Aurora survivor (10 Photos)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Chivers, the story of Farrah, an Aurora survivor (10 Photos) by Jake_Dragon
Started on: 07-26-2012 04:11 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 08-20-2012 10:20 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Chivers, the story of Farrah, an Aurora survivor (10 Photos)
Read more at http://thechive.com/2012/07...#EwZvuCjQkQ2zwq4L.99

Farrah Soudani, her boyfriend Mike White, and Mike's father Mike Sr. have a tradition; they go to the 'late nights' when big movies open. On Thursday July 19th, the happy trio and some family friends walked into theatre 9 in Aurora, CO to watch the late showing of Batman: The Dark Knight.

15 minutes into the film, something that resembled a balloon was hurled down the right hand side of the theater, where Farrah was seated two seats from the isle. Suddenly, popping sounds echoed through the theater. Many assumed a prankster had set off fireworks in the theater, but Mike Sr., an Air Force Veteran, knew better. The theater was under attack.

Mike Sr. grabbed Mike and Farrah by their heads and yelled "Get Down! Get Down!" just as the 'balloon' exploded.

I spoke to Victoria Albright, a close family friend and author of Farrah's donation page. Victoria told me how Farrah described the first, frantic moments:

"I remember seeing a bright flash, and a bang bang bang."

The explosive ripped a 5" hole through Farrah's abdomen and demolished her left leg. Initial reports would say Farrah was shot, but the wounds indicate a shrapnel penetration. Farrah fell to the ground.

A hail of gunfire rained on the trio as the gunman moved closer. Mike was shot shielding Farrah. The bullet ripped through his right shoulder, piercing his lung and finally exiting his back. Mike continued to lay beside Farrah, holding her intestines inside her body.

Mike Sr. saw the gunman making his way from the 8th row down the isle, closing in on the injured couple. In a moment of astonishing heroism, Mike Sr. draped himself across Farrah to protect her. Michael Sr. said:

"This gunman's going to get me, I know I'm going to get shot. I give up my body to save her. He's going to shoot me, he's not going to shoot the girl."

Suddenly, the gunman stopped and changed his course enabling Michael Sr. precious moments to crawl out of the theater to get help. Farrah was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. The officer who transported Farrah to the hospital, holding her side the entire time, described Farrah as "one tough cookie."

TheChive does post pictures of scantly clad women, if you are at work then you should wait till you are home.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
<snip>

TheChive does post pictures of scantly clad women, if you are at work then you should wait till you are home.

Yeah, cause once you get started you'll be on there for hours and won't get a damned thing done! Whoof!
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I still can't make it past your avatar. Been sitting here for an hour.

Jim
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

I still can't make it past your avatar. Been sitting here for an hour.

Jim

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

It's the bestest ever- ALMOST...there was another recent thread where someone posted a larger sized version of this.

The race was impressive, but this clip is magical.
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
jake i love your icon! the dancing Olympian! shes not only kicked but on the hurdles but also danced a fine step
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
LOL read the dang link

UPDATE: Due the the volume of donations, the donation page is refreshing slowly so the finantial totals don't yet reflect the amount raised, which is amazing. Be patient! More updates to come.

UPDATE #2: We just spoke to the founder and CEO of Go Fund Me, he's been very helpful by allocating server strength to Farrah's page to handle the donation load. We asked him if there was a record donation amount in a single hour. He responded, "There was, but theCHIVE shattered that record just now." We have surpassed the $60,000 amount in less than an hour.

Update #3: At the one hour mark, donations total $74,000. Unreal. Keep going!

Update #4: $85,000

Update #5: $95,000. The final push!

UPDATE #6: $100,000 in an hour and a half. This is unfreakingbelievable.

Update #7: $120,000. And the Chivers have hit the accelerator.

Update #8: $135,000.

Read more at http://thechive.com/2012/07...#BDwvzRhEi1KL5UuT.99
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32853 posts
Member since Jan 2001
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I don't know why I encourage you guys
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
When she crosses her arms and twitches her fingers there are parts of me that tingle. No that is not innuendo, those are exactly the parts I am referring to.

Jim
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

When she crosses her arms and twitches her fingers there are parts of me that tingle. No that is not innuendo, those are exactly the parts I am referring to.

Jim

I know like climbing the rope in gym class
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistDirect Link to This Post
Darn...

That one hidden by the IMG tag isn't the larger version I was referring to. it's the same as your avatar...

*sighs*

she's like a sexy windshield wiper.

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 07-27-2012).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Bouncy bouncy bouncy....
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Darn...

That one hidden by the IMG tag isn't the larger version I was referring to. it's the same as your avatar...

*sighs*

I have one but its 5 megs
I do have the larger one of my Avatar somewhere.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32853 posts
Member since Jan 2001
FF to 0:30
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Darn...

*sighs*

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sam...helle-jenneke-dancin
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock