Started on: 07-19-2012 11:09 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Toddster on 07-20-2012 11:30 AM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
That's what the GAS TAX is supposed to be...if they didn't steal it to cover all their other bonehead liberal spending.

Bay Area Drivers Could Be Tracked By GPS, Taxed Per Mile Driven
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
really a stupid idea but thats liberals for ya! if they really wanted to do it all they would have to do is store your milage info at every smog emission test (thats like 18 times a year now isnt it?) and then send you a bill after your milage was added up.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
But now they get the gas tax AND mileage tax!
Tracking where they go will come later with a simple software upgrade. Don't worry, it'll be hassle free. They'll push it down automatically. You'll never know it.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
The "reasoning" behind it, atleast several years back when I first heard about the idea, was because of hybrid and electric vehicles. Since they use less or no gas, the wear on the roads is not being taxed like a normal gasoline powered automobile. Also with the increased mileage of vehicles, the cars wear the roads more as tax revenue goes down per mile driven. Basically, they wanted these alternate and high mileage requirements and didn't stop to think how that would effect revenue to maintain the roads. Personally, I think it's a stupid idea. Who is going to pay for the trackers and their installation? What if the vehicle is driven somewhere that the state doesn't maintain? Why should you be required to pay a tax for the wear to a privately owned parking lot? A dirt road? A privately owned toll road?
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2012 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I think I've already spent way too much in gas taxes... Glad I'm not over there.

Seems f'n stupid, eh?
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2012 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

That's what the GAS TAX is supposed to be...if they didn't steal it to cover all their other bonehead liberal spending.

Bay Area Drivers Could Be Tracked By GPS, Taxed Per Mile Driven

I knew it was gonna evolve into that. I also think the insurance companies will join in and raise their rates based on mileage. I also think cars will also inform police when you do something 'illegal,' like driving without your seatbelt.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2012 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:
I also think cars will also inform police when you do something 'illegal,' like driving without your seatbelt.

Don't think it can't happen.

When the passed the seat belt law, they SWORE that you'd NEVER get stopped for a seat belt, you'd only get a ticket if the cop stopped you for something else and noticed the seat belt wasn't buckled. Sure enough, they changed that after the law passed and now you can be stopped for not wearing your seatbelt.

F***ing nanny state...AND they're liars.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2012 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
"AND they're liars"
What were you expecting from a bunch of LIbEralS?

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 07-20-2012).]

Tigger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2012 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

The "reasoning" behind it, atleast several years back when I first heard about the idea, was because of hybrid and electric vehicles. Since they use less or no gas, the wear on the roads is not being taxed like a normal gasoline powered automobile. Also with the increased mileage of vehicles, the cars wear the roads more as tax revenue goes down per mile driven. Basically, they wanted these alternate and high mileage requirements and didn't stop to think how that would effect revenue to maintain the roads. Personally, I think it's a stupid idea. Who is going to pay for the trackers and their installation? What if the vehicle is driven somewhere that the state doesn't maintain? Why should you be required to pay a tax for the wear to a privately owned parking lot? A dirt road? A privately owned toll road?

I've heard the same reasoning. I don't think it's a good idea either and it would have to be one tax or the other or the vehicles getting these trackers are only electric vehicles and then what do you do with cars with both gas and electric engines?

I think California should do what Rick Snyder the Republican Governor here in Michigan wants to do and increase vehicle registrations 60%. You want to talk about liars, look him up.

[This message has been edited by Tigger (edited 07-20-2012).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2012 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
The reasoning behind it is clear, if they can track your location they can track your driving and issue citations at will...nice revenue raiser. They can also hunt you down more easily. Being able to tax you per mile is a bonus.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock