Started on: 05-27-2012 11:54 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: Dracor on 05-29-2012 09:17 AM
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
http://autos.yahoo.com/news...or-2013.html?page=10

The death knell has sounded for these cars. Shed a tear, bow your head in reverence and know they did their duty and lived a long life. LOL

If you think the Volt is on this list your in for a disappointment, however it could be there next year. (JOKE)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
So Saab is completely dead.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Definately no loss that Saab is gone. I was surprised about the Tesla roadster though. They sell like hotcakes here in California. The rest of the cars are plain-jane vehicles that will be no loss to the automotive community. Now if they discontinued the Mustang or Corvette, THAT would be real news.
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Electric cars are still a tough sale. Give them few more years and things may change significantly.

Just to relate, this year Zero Motorcycles just came out with a new series of bikes that have a decent range (63-114 miles) and perform well as motorcycles with 0-60 in about five seconds. They are still expensive but price will come down. The technology is only going to get better.

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-ds/

unbiased review by motorcycle.com:
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2012 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
I think small cars and even an all electric car would be better recieved if it wasn't so costly to have 2 cars on the road..
if I was a payed car/truck designer/engineer, I'd make a small car like electric,, that had a detatchable pick up bed with a gas engine under the bed for when you use it as a truck..
with optional 3rd row seating that folded into the bed floor like an old school wagon.. the bed cover would be lite carbonfiber and for storage when use'n the bed to haul stuff other than people.. it stap/tie dow to the cars main roof..
it be a small electric gas saver for around town and when you needed more range or a car like a wagon or a ick up bed, you'd have that rear half that became part of the unit when connected..
air bag rear wheels on the main car would allow them to be lifed off the ground when used as a wagon or p/u with small loads..
the + would be all wheel drive for winter driving with the bed/wagon half connected..
it really be the all in one vehicle that meet the needs of 90% of the driving public...
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

Just to relate, this year Zero Motorcycles just came out with a new series of bikes that have a decent range (63-114 miles) and perform well as motorcycles with 0-60 in about five seconds. They are still expensive but price will come down. The technology is only going to get better.

awesome! doesnt sound right, but still very cool. i'll be watching this!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Definately no loss that Saab is gone. I was surprised about the Tesla roadster though. They sell like hotcakes here in California. The rest of the cars are plain-jane vehicles that will be no loss to the automotive community. Now if they discontinued the Mustang or Corvette, THAT would be real news.

Looks to be the reason tesla is going under is because lotus is putting an end to the elise..
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Tesla isn't going under. They are discontinuing the roadster to produce another model.
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
Really, 7 pages of one vehicle per page? (I'm just guessing, since this is so stupid I stopped clicking after 4, which is sad, given that I really don't have anything else to do, but it's just so stupid)

I will miss the Avalanche, though, if that was still around in 2015, it'd certainly have a fighting chance to be my next vehicle. It'll either be that, or a conversion van.....right now, looks like the van is winning, given that whose will be around until 2017.....

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
the internet as the last bastion of freedom. the freedom to look at ads.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
"The demise of the Lotus Elise in the U.S. signaled the end of Tesla Roadster production."
PFF
System Bot
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

I think small cars and even an all electric car would be better recieved if it wasn't so costly to have 2 cars on the road..
if I was a payed car/truck designer/engineer, I'd make a small car like electric,, that had a detatchable pick up bed with a gas engine under the bed for when you use it as a truck..
with optional 3rd row seating that folded into the bed floor like an old school wagon.. the bed cover would be lite carbonfiber and for storage when use'n the bed to haul stuff other than people.. it stap/tie dow to the cars main roof..
it be a small electric gas saver for around town and when you needed more range or a car like a wagon or a ick up bed, you'd have that rear half that became part of the unit when connected..
air bag rear wheels on the main car would allow them to be lifed off the ground when used as a wagon or p/u with small loads..
the + would be all wheel drive for winter driving with the bed/wagon half connected..
it really be the all in one vehicle that meet the needs of 90% of the driving public...

This a great idea! I've never heard it proposed before.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

So Saab is completely dead.

I would hate to be one of the few (very few) people who bought the completely redesigned 9-5 sedan, that had to be on the market for mere months... Plunking down $50K on a new luxury sedan, only to see warranty, service, and parts vanish a week later.
Dracor

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Oh, you mean this $15,000 addon? It has merit, but wayyyyy to expensive.

http://www.wired.com/autopi...v-carries-your-gear/

------------------
'84 3800SC, XP cam, 3.2 pully, HPTuners, N* TB, 4sp, SPEC 3+ clutch, Aluminium flywheel, pacesetter headers, F355 body kit, weight reduction

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock