Started on: 05-21-2012 10:37 AM
Replies: 30
Last post by: E.Furgal on 05-22-2012 06:50 AM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Obamabot out of control?
http://godfatherpolitics.co...ize-president-obama/

The First Amendment was mandated by the states to protect political speech. The colonists wanted the freedom they didn’t have in England to speak freely about what political leaders were doing. They also wanted to be free to write about what they believed were wrong-headed policies without fear of reprisals. In addition, they insisted on the freedom to “petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

The First Amendment was a freedom breakthrough, but you would never know that if you were a student in one North Carolina classroom.

A student stood firm in his beliefs about President Obama and challenged his teacher on the claim that Mitt Romney was a bully in high school. The student pointed out that President Obama admitted shoving a girl to the ground in his book Dreams from My Father. The teacher screamed the following in disapproval: “Stop, no, because there is no comparison. [Romney is] running for president. Obama is the president.” It’s obvious that the the teacher is an Obama zombie.

The teacher then goes into intimidation mode by telling the student that it is wrong to “disrespect the president of the United States in this classroom.” He points out that what President Obama wrote in his own book is not being disrespectful; it’s being factual. He could have also pointed out that the President was a drug user.

The teacher then tells the student – wrongly – that it is a criminal offense to say bad things about a president. “Do you realize that people were arrested for saying things bad about Bush? Do you realize you are not supposed to slander the president?”

Referencing the First Amendment, the student, obviously knowing more than his teacher, tells her that any suppression of his opinions would be a violation of the First Amendment.

I suspect that these types of incidents are common all across the United States. We are fortunate that not all students are brainwashed. There may still be hope for America.

There is a YouTube video that was shot by a friend of the bullied student. You can view it here (sound only):

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
It IS a crime to slander the POTUS. But....slander (any) is only slander if it's not true. If it's true, it's not a crime. It's also a crime to threaten the President even if you're joking and/or don't mean it.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2012 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
it's also a crime to be a fraud, oops.. in the end thats what the history books wil list these last 4 years as.
OKflyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Yup. Tells her student "You cannot criticize any president, past or present" then calls President Bush a "shi??y" president a minute or so later. Well done, teach, well done.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2012 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

... It's also a crime to threaten the President even if you're joking and/or don't mean it.

Ah, but if he is not legally entitled to be President, then he is not president and is only pretending hence that does not apply.

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Just an observation, but this lady sounded like she had an elementary level education. One can thank the governments forced racial quotas for allowing this imbecile to educate young minds.

At least they will be fluent in ebonics when they graduate from her class.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2012 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
How many of you want to bet that I am going to have a difficult time with teachers when Benjamin enters school? I forsee it.

Tony
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Its only against the law if your in the military. Anyone with any balls can criticize any politician they want. Lately, even some military people are talking.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

How many of you want to bet that I am going to have a difficult time with teachers when Benjamin enters school? I forsee it.

Tony

I have two words for you........private school.

Sadly, good public schools are too few & far between nowadays.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
schools have become day cares nothing more
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I see more and more every year doing the home school thing. That's fine by me, but I still beleive there is something lost by not being in an interactive and diverse climate with students one's own age.
Where's the kid gonna learn dirty jokes when staying home with parent every day?
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Where's the kid gonna learn dirty jokes when staying home with parent every day?

My house, .
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Cliff's house, maryjane, or his video teaching series.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

schools have become day cares nothing more

There not even good at that. Kids all walk out of school anytime they want after they get out of elementary school.

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Direct Link to This Post
http://www.sott.net/article...in-Graduation-Speech

The valedictorian of the school calls out the U.S. school system.
It's remarkably interesting to see her views of U.S. schools and she kinda hits the nail on the head.
This is a good read if you don't like schools these days.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

It IS a crime to slander the POTUS. But....slander (any) is only slander if it's not true.

Only if acted in malice. A public figure, like POTUS doesn't have the same level of protection as a private citizen with it comes to defamation, libel or slander.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
The teacher was relieved of duty, with pay, and no real comment from the school system.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Was this the teacher?

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-21-2012 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

It IS a crime to slander the POTUS. But....slander (any) is only slander if it's not true. If it's true, it's not a crime. It's also a crime to threaten the President even if you're joking and/or don't mean it.

It will be soon.. even if its not slander.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-21-2012 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by maryjane:

I see more and more every year doing the home school thing. That's fine by me, but I still beleive there is something lost by not being in an interactive and diverse climate with students one's own age.

Depends on the parent.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
That was painful to try to listen to People like that make me ashamed to be a teacher.
Rest assured, in my classroom, I encourage my students to stand up for what they believe, even if the consequences mean they get into trouble. I encourage them to stand their ground and speak their mind and we have had some interesting conversations throughout the year. I try to keep my personal opinions and bias out of the classroom and teach the facts of history to the best of my ability. I ask their opinion about current situations, but it is not my place to try to force my views upon these kids. I give them the knowledge. What they do with it is up to them. I try to teach them like my old grandpaw used to say..."You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything."
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:

That was painful to try to listen to People like that make me ashamed to be a teacher.
Rest assured, in my classroom, I encourage my students to stand up for what they believe, even if the consequences mean they get into trouble. I encourage them to stand their ground and speak their mind and we have had some interesting conversations throughout the year. I try to keep my personal opinions and bias out of the classroom and teach the facts of history to the best of my ability. I ask their opinion about current situations, but it is not my place to try to force my views upon these kids. I give them the knowledge. What they do with it is up to them. I try to teach them like my old grandpaw used to say..."You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything."

You're one of the good ones. I believe my wife is, too.

This other person just gives me the chills.
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I have two words for you........private school.

Sadly, good public schools are too few & far between nowadays.

It's a tough battle for private schools.
It's hard to compete with "free."
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:

You sound like my 12th grade Government teacher. We spent more time in hs class just debating topics than we did on actual studies. We'd get in class and alot of us would be talking about different current events and our teacher would add questions here and there, both in support of or against the topic. We'd end up talking about them for the first 1/2 of class or more and then cram our lesson into the last part of class time. Of course I graduated in 89, so Reagan was in office for the vast majority of my High School years, followed by Bush for the last 9 months of my High School years. That gave us alot to talk about. I still think of him as my favorite teacher. We even used to steal his classroom podium that he taught from. We'd paint it different ways and return it. One time we painted it camo and left it in the bushes outside his classroom. At our graduation, we stole it and glued feathers all over it making it look like a duck (since he commonly used ducks in obviously wrong answers on multiple choice tests). Mr. Russel was a fun teacher and I think you are most likely just as good .

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 05-22-2012).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2012 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:.

[QUOTE]

You ARE one of the good ones. I believe this also.

Tony

tbone42

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

It's a tough battle for private schools.
It's hard to compete with "free."

Free.. thats a funny word considering how much tax money I give our school systems here a year.
Shyster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShysterClick Here to visit Shyster's HomePageSend a Private Message to ShysterDirect Link to This Post

Slander is not a crime, it is a tort. It is a civil, not criminal action. Oh, and public figures, such as POTUS, are not entitled to much protection, at all, under the law of slander.

Slander's awfully tough to prove, in the bast of circumstances. For a public figure, such as POTUS, well nigh impossible.

And no, it is most certainly NOT a crime to "slander" the President. (You think otherwise, cite the statute that says so.) If POTUS wants to sue you for slander, he can do so, but then it's up to him, you, the Judge, the Jury, and The Law. He can''t possibly put up a case for "damages." He's got none.

Criticizing the President is not, and never has been, a crime in the US. It's a National Sport.

So do, please, get over yourself.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shyster:

Slander is not a crime, it is a tort. It is a civil, not criminal action. Oh, and public figures, such as POTUS, are not entitled to much protection, at all, under the law of slander.

Slander's awfully tough to prove, in the bast of circumstances. For a public figure, such as POTUS, well nigh impossible.

And no, it is most certainly NOT a crime to "slander" the President. (You think otherwise, cite the statute that says so.) If POTUS wants to sue you for slander, he can do so, but then it's up to him, you, the Judge, the Jury, and The Law. He can''t possibly put up a case for "damages." He's got none.

Criticizing the President is not, and never has been, a crime in the US. It's a National Sport.

So do, please, get over yourself.

Thank You. As always.

Brad
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Sounds a lot like Liberal hypocrisy.
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2012 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Free.. thats a funny word considering how much tax money I give our school systems here a year.

See the quotes that I put around the word "free?"
Now imagine we are having this conversation face-to-face and I do the finger-quotes. LOL
Implied sarcasm at it's finest.

On a serious note, that is very kind of you to "give" the school systems money.
In my case, extortion would be a more appropriate word.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2012 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
sadly even the good and great teachers, have their hands tied.. the feds say, you have to teach "this" and they will be tested on it, and your schools funding will be based on that testing..
follow the money..
yes when I was in school they had a set of studies that needed to be taught durring that school year.. but we where able to also get side tracked, like when the space shuddle blew up.. when the great wall was brought down, and other news that was happening around the globe at that time.. , I mean when the shuddle blew up, we spent 2 weeks on the history of the space program.. that if that didn't happen, it would not have been part of the class.. the teachers made the class fun to be in/at and that made learning/school less of a drag.. allot of times the stuff we should've been doing in class became homework.. but no one cared.. as the class was entertaining, fun, and opened your mind..
today they don't have that freedom.. one teacher a family friend was suppended without pay for a week for spending time on the navy seals, after the story broke that they got bin ladin..
because ot wasn't part of the studies listed on that years requirements..
the feds that are controlling our school system need a ***** slap up side the head..
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock