Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  GAO: Recoverable Oil in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming 'About Equal to Entire World’s Proven

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

GAO: Recoverable Oil in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming 'About Equal to Entire World’s Proven by avengador1
Started on: 05-12-2012 11:31 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Wichita on 05-13-2012 01:35 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
http://cnsnews.com/news/art...e-world-s-proven-oil

The Green River Formation, a largely vacant area of mostly federal land that covers the territory where Colorado, Utah and Wyoming come together, contains about as much recoverable oil as all the rest the world’s proven reserves combined, an auditor from the Government Accountability Office told Congress on Thursday.

The GAO testimony said that the federal government was in “a unique position to influence the development of oil shale” because the Green River deposits were mostly beneath federal land.

Continue reading at link.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm ... "Recoverable" vs. "Proven." At this point, "recoverable" means both "an estimate" and "potentially recoverable," but it does not necessarily mean "economically feasible." It always jerks my chain every time some new developer proclaims, "the potentially recoverable oil and gas in my new field exceeds the entire world's proven reserves." Yeah ... right ... prove it!

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 05-13-2012).]

Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Every oil field known to man has been mapped and drilled at one point or another.

New technology may make it more feasible, productive and more profitable, but there is no easy oil anymore. There is no spindle top.

If it was easy oil to get and good oil, it would have been tapped out a long time ago.

We are down to the sour tar stuff now.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock