Started on: 04-27-2012 09:51 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: jetman on 04-28-2012 10:43 AM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
http://godfatherpolitics.co...oll-over-for-romney/

Mitt Romney is the presumptive GOP candidate who will face President Obama in November. I’m not happy about it, but it is what it is. I have to deal with it. Ron Paul supporters are hoping against hope that somehow he’s going to get the nomination. The best they can hope for is a brokered convention based on delegate counts. The popular vote doesn’t seem to be there.

We are left with Romney. So now what do we do? Many people won’t vote. If their candidate didn’t make it, they’re going to stay home and show their disdain for the GOP. While I can sympathize, it’s a big mistake. The presidency is not our government. We’re not a monarchy. If we had enough constitutionalists in the House and Senate, we could make any president a lame duck. He would be nothing more than a figurehead.

If you are not going to vote for Romney, then you need to double your efforts to get constitutionalists in office who will (1) support Romney when he’s right on an issue and (2) oppose him when he’s wrong. If Romney loses, the tactic is still applicable. Stopping Obama is priority number 1.

When we have a Republican President, Republican congressmen too often support any program he proposes. They want to be in good graces with the Republican establishment, be appointed to committees, and get reelected. It’s how we got No Child Left Behind, the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act (also called the Medicare Modernization Act or MMA), and the Iraq War.

Congressmen and Senators take an oath to uphold the Constitution, not the Republican Party. All candidates running for office should make it clear where their loyalties lie.

There’s a battle going on in Indiana with long-time Senator Richard Lugar and Indiana State Treasurer Richard Mourdock. Lugar has been a disappointment to constitutional principles and causes, and the people of Indiana have taken notice. A new poll shows that Mourdock has taken a slight lead over Lugar in the state’s Republican Senate primary. If Mourdock beats Lugar, Mourdock is going to need the help of Republican voters in November when he goes up against his Democrat opponent. Sulking over the candidacy of Romney will not win elections in the House and Senate.

A similar contest is going on in Utah with 36-year incumbent Orrin Hatch and Dan Liljenquist. If Hatch loses, his GOP opponent will need support in November. If anything, Liljenquist is pushing Hatch to be more conservative as he preps for his primary race. But Hatch’s close ties with Romney could be a problem as he cajoled his fellow Republican Senators to support any and all of Romney’s programs as president because he’s “our guy.”

There’s a lot at stake this year. Let’s not blow it because our guy didn’t win the race.

Those who choose to stay at home, and not vote, will get the government they deserve.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

http://godfatherpolitics.co...oll-over-for-romney/

Those who choose to stay at home, and not vote, will get the government they deserve.

So will those that vote.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

So will those that vote.

Not true Boonie, many did but there's a bunch of folks out there that voted and lost. We'll try to fix that this time around. I assure you, regardless of who wins, I'll always vote.

------------------
Ron
The key thing is to wake up breathing! All the rest can be fixed. (Except Stupid - You can't fix that)
Always remember these words of wisdom.

"The Lord must truly love fools, for he made them in abundance."

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
So in order to stand for our beliefs we must lie to ourselves? I'm not buying that, I was raised to stand up for my beliefs, and be moral, not do anything to get my way.

What if I think Romney is no better than President Obama?

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 04-28-2012).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

So in order to stand for our beliefs we must lie to ourselves? I'm not buying that, I was raised to stand up for my beliefs, and be moral, not do anything to get my way.

What if I think Romney is no better than President Obama?

Brad

You either vote or don't vote, cast that vote as you see fit or don't. It's your decision. No one can make that decision for you.

I have my own concerns with Romney but, I'll do all I can do to get the right folks into the Senate and House. You do what ever your heart and conscience tells you to do.

------------------
Ron
The key thing is to wake up breathing! All the rest can be fixed. (Except Stupid - You can't fix that)
Always remember these words of wisdom.

"The Lord must truly love fools, for he made them in abundance."

jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I have my own concerns with Romney but, I'll do all I can do to get the right folks into the Senate and House. You do what ever your heart and conscience tells you to do.

That is a very good point that is often missed by many.

I'll be honest, I do have concerns about Romney too, my fear of where the country is heading probably will trump those fears.

To me, it's the unkown factor versus the status quo which I don't like.

Obama didn't reduce the deficit per his campain promise, hasn't had a formal budget, uses execuative power to overide our constitutional rights and his cabinet positions is loaded with the very same bankers that got us into this mess in the first place.

On the other hand, who's to say that Romney would be any better? Is the nation that far up the creek where we are trapped and that's the only course open to us no matter who's elected?

Another point that is troubling to me is that 50% of the population pays no net federal taxes or is on the recieving end of one thing or another. Of course, they're going to vote to keep the gravy train going meanwhile I'm struggling, Ramen Noodles and such in the pantry, feeling like theres a huge anchor keeping me from moving forward. (yes, i do donate what little I have, whenever i can)

Republican, Democrat, white, black or pokadot for that matter, I'm taking a hard look. To me, this an election of what's best for the counrty and everyone as a whole going forward or an election of what's in it for the individual me right now. This should be interesting and very telling, don't you think?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock