Started on: 04-19-2012 12:53 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: tbone42 on 04-23-2012 08:50 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp...20120418-to_19254443

In the latest tit-for-tat in Mitt Romney's lingering dog problem, aides to the Republican candidate are gleefully pointing out that President Barack Obama ate dog meat as a child.

The tale of Romney's Irish setter Seamus -- who traveled in a crate atop the family's station wagon on a 1983 trip from Boston to Canada -- has dogged the former Massachusetts governor for years.

Romney and his wife were most recently asked about the incident during an interview Monday with ABC's Diane Sawyer and Ann Romney's defense that Seamus "loved" traveling on top of the family car drew snickers from some Democrats and dog lovers.

Biting back Tuesday, conservative news site The Daily Caller made note of a passage in Obama's book "Dreams from My Father," in which the president recounted some of his adventurous eats while living in Indonesia with his stepfather Lolo Soetoro from age six to 10.

"With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chili peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy)," part of the passage reads.

Daily Caller blogger Jim Treacher commented, "Say what you want about Romney, but at least he only put a dog on the roof of his car, not the roof of his mouth."

Romney's campaign quickly seized on the anecdote. On Tuesday night, top Romney aide Eric Fehrnstrom re-posted a tweet originally made in January by Obama adviser David Axelrod that showed a picture of the president riding inside a car with his pet Bo, a Portuguese water dog.

In a jab at Romney, Axelrod's original caption read, "How loving owners transport their dogs." But Fehrnstrom commented, "In hindsight, a chilling photo."

Romney spokesman Ryan Williams also linked to an ABC report on the story on Twitter, saying, "Not the headline Team Obama was looking for."

Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt fired back, tweeting, "What's the next attack [Fehrnstrom] and the RNC will surface on a 6-10 year old?"

Asked about the back and forth during an interview with Ohio radio station WLW Wednesday, Romney said, "This campaign is going to ultimately become about jobs not dogs."

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
So he lied on his birth certificate again....he actually was one of the Bushmen of the Kalahari eating bugs, dogs, and other unmentioned creatures?

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-19-2012).]

GreenPlatypus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusDirect Link to This Post
Meh. No big deal. I've had dog meat before, a little tough but not bad. With the right seasoning, tastes like taco bell meat.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
LOL, I bet many of us have, unknowingly.

Silly.

Gotta wonder if some 18 year old girl with a dog just changed her vote.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GreenPlatypus:

Meh. No big deal. I've had dog meat before, a little tough but not bad. With the right seasoning, tastes like taco bell meat.

So THATS why I like Taco Bell so much.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-19-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post
Personally i disapprove of eating a domesticated species, but i do realize its acceptable in some cultures.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Not only have you jumped the shark, the shark has jumped the shark.
KidO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KidOSend a Private Message to KidODirect Link to This Post
I hear that Mitt Romney only eats apple pie... Now that's a true American.

I did read that Mitt Romney's great-grandfather was a Polygamist. I wonder if you get more pie that way?
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

Personally i disapprove of eating a domesticated species, but i do realize its acceptable in some cultures.

I think you mean pet animals. Cows, chickens, and pigs are also domesticated.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-19-2012 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:
I think you mean pet animals. Cows, chickens, and pigs are also domesticated.

Ya, i was meaning 'pet domesticated'.. sorry about that.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
So now he has something in common with Ted Nugent?
Wait.
Obama was a 9 year old child who politely ate what was served to him by adults.
In a poor country where ANY meat is considered a luxury saved for special occasions.

Ted Nugent, well, he's Ted.
He reminds me of a certain batshit crazy forum member, except that Ted is more lucid.

------------------

Drive safely!

PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
LOL. I heard he even ate cow meat. Despicable...
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
If he had ate Dog meat last week when visiting some other country it wouldn't bother me.

Brad
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Ted Nugent, well, he's Ted.
He reminds me of a certain batshit crazy forum member, except that Ted is more lucid.

Hey! I'm lucid!
-Ted

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 04-19-2012).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-19-2012 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

If he had ate Dog meat last week when visiting some other country it wouldn't bother me.

Brad

Not casting stones as i have not been in that position, but i donno if i would 'eat like the natives' if i disagreed with the meal. I might just say thanks, and eat a salad instead. ( and make up some excuse about not being able to eat due to allergies or something so as not to offend them too much )
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Not casting stones as i have not been in that position, but i donno if i would 'eat like the natives' if i disagreed with the meal. I might just say thanks, and eat a salad instead. ( and make up some excuse about not being able to eat due to allergies or something so as not to offend them too much )

When I was 9 yrs old, you ate what was on the table or you went hungry. You did not get secondary dinner options in my home. To not be a hypocrite, my father who HATED spaghetti always went without on Spaghetti night. Not to go off on too far out of a tangent, but I believe this is one of the biggest "spoiling" factors kids get today. "Oh honey, you don't like what the rest of us are having? Let me make you a plain hamburger.."

You also took what you want, but ate what you took. Several nights during the month I would sit and watch my family eat, but never got special treatment because I did not like swiss steak and tomato gravy, or stuffed peppers... both of which I STILL won't touch to this day.

Nurb, your post reminds me of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"...

It's more than these people eat in a week

Although the allergy excuse is a good one.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Seriously? SERIOUSLY?? This getting beyond ridiculous I was going to say 'roll on November...', but I can't help worrying that this Political sh!t is going to destroy this part of PFF for ever, if Obama wins... Just for the sake of my sanity alone, I hope he doesn't
For heaven's sake!!! STOP POSTING THIS CRAP!!
I only clicked on this to see if it was the usual desperate blathering of a Political hack....and sure enough, I wasn't disappointed...or rather, I ·WAS
Yeah, I know...don't click...but I STILL have some hopes it will stop
AAAAAAAAAAGH!!...John...you REALLY need to get a flippin' JOB!!!!

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 04-19-2012).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Brad

Hell, it wouldn't bother me if he did it here.

But I'm a bit... different.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?? This getting beyond ridiculous I was going to say 'roll on November...', but I can't help worrying that this Political sh!t is going to destroy this part of PFF for ever, if Obama wins... Just for the sake of my sanity alone, I hope he doesn't
I only clicked on this to see if it was the usual desperate blathering of a Political hack....and sure enough, I wasn't disappointed...or rather, I ·WAS

I guess you missed the point. Not such a big deal that he ate dog. What is a big deal is that the Obama goons have been attempting to make a big deal out of Romney putting his dog in a crate on the roof of his car. Chalk this in along with the war on women, again fail.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-19-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

I guess you missed the point. Not such a big deal that he ate dog. What is a big deal is that the Obama goons have been attempting to make a big deal out of Romney putting his dog in a crate on the roof of his car. Chalk this in along with the war on women, again fail.

Right, its just an expression of the rampant hypocrisy.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-19-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by tbone42:

Although the allergy excuse is a good one.

I was speaking as an adult going to visit other areas today who can choose what to eat and not to eat, not as a child eating what his parents were putting on the table or not eat ....

And ya, Indiana Jones did come to mind as i was typing it

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 04-19-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GreenPlatypus:

Funny I used to refer to Taco Bell meat as "Dog Meat." lol!
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
I don't care that he ate dog meat as a kid. What I do care about is that I may have to eat dog meat because of his policies.

Jim
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-19-2012 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

I don't care that he ate dog meat as a kid. What I do care about is that I may have to eat dog meat because of his policies.

Jim

Id eat my neighbors before i ate my pets.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Id eat my neighbors before i ate my pets.

Not if you had MY neighbors....I'd take the dog any day!

A lot of South Asian/Polynesian/Subcontinental/African/South American cultures eat dogs...and horses....and cats.....and apes....and insects.....any viable protein source. A lot of them likely wonder why WE don't. The average American spends more annually on their house pets than the bulk of Third World can spend to feed their families.

So I guess we can afford to be condescending.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 04-19-2012).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Doni Hagan

8242 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Either way, win or lose, it's gonna be "Release the hounds" time here after November. That's when PFF will probably be useful for little more than car advice.

If you think it's ugly now, wait until after the election.

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Not if you had MY neighbors....I'd take the dog any day!

A lot of South Asian/Polynesian/Subcontinental/African/South American cultures eat dogs...and horses....and cats.....and apes....and insects.....any viable protein source. A lot of them likely wonder why WE don't. The average American spends more annually on their house pets than the bulk of Third World can spend to feed their families.

So I guess we can afford to be condescending.

It really is condescending. Everyone knows I have no love for the President, but I don't give a crap what he eats, or ate, as long as it's not other humans. People from other countries look at us and cannot understand why we let dogs in the house, or why we buy them clothes. When I used to work for Wal-Mart, we had a running joke after they started opening stores in China.

Clerk #1: Do they have pet departments in the Wal-Marts located in China?

Clerk #2: Sure they do, they call them food courts!

Jim
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Either way, win or lose, it's gonna be "Release the hounds" time here after November. That's when PFF will probably be useful for little more than car advice.

If you think it's ugly now, wait until after the election.

It's no different than it was during the 8 years of the Bush administration.
Or do you recall those halcyon days of Democrats rallying around President Bush because, while they didn't care for many of his policies or that he's breathing, he was the President and we were at war, and they had such respect for the Office of the President that they put their personal concerns aside to come together in, united in a love for one's country?

Such a kinder and gentler time, right?

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 04-19-2012).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-19-2012 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

It really is condescending. Everyone knows I have no love for the President, but I don't give a crap what he eats, or ate, as long as it's not other humans. People from other countries look at us and cannot understand why we let dogs in the house, or why we buy them clothes. When I used to work for Wal-Mart, we had a running joke after they started opening stores in China.

Clerk #1: Do they have pet departments in the Wal-Marts located in China?

Clerk #2: Sure they do, they call them food courts!

Jim

This really isn't about what The O ate, its actually about his hypocrisy.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

This really isn't about what The O ate, its actually about his hypocrisy.

I'm confused there, how is something he did when he was a kid even relevant now?

Brad
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2012 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I have eaten human.
Not too bad, on the............whole.
PFF
System Bot
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
We were on a little island off the Philippines a few years back and ordered "American style burgers." They were SUPER gamey. We could only take a couple bites. A few days later we learned it was dog. Now, whenever I look at my pooch, its like on of those looney toon scenes where the other person looks like a cooked turkey! MMMMMM Dog! lol
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I have eaten human.
Not too bad, on the............whole.

Brad
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

It's no different than it was during the 8 years of the Bush administration.
Or do you recall those halcyon days of Democrats rallying around President Bush because, while they didn't care for many of his policies or that he's breathing, he was the President and we were at war, and they had such respect for the Office of the President that they put their personal concerns aside to come together in, united in a love for one's country?

Such a kinder and gentler time, right?

So since the other guy went mud wrestling, it's okay if everyone else does it?

Didn't learn much from what you didn't like about them, did ya'?

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post04-19-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

So since the other guy went mud wrestling, it's okay if everyone else does it?

its how politics works, unfortunately.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

I was speaking as an adult going to visit other areas today who can choose what to eat and not to eat, not as a child eating what his parents were putting on the table or not eat ....

And ya, Indiana Jones did come to mind as i was typing it

Oh I thought when I said 9 years old you would know I was referring to when obama ate dog. Sorry about the confusion.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Okay... So maybe it is a bit played out.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-19-2012).]

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Hitler finds out about a lot of stuff lately, doesn't he?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a dog in this fight, so here's a CATchy little tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmXxrMC5Pv4

(it's a parody folks--deal with it)
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

its how politics works, unfortunately.

And who exactly do we pass blame to for that?

By basic definition, "Politics" consists of the actions of "politicians."

Politicians are voted into office by people who, by and large, reflect their views and validate their behaviors...Why?...Because they're guys and gals from the neighborhoods they represent.

In essence, our "politics" are as dirty and uncivilized as the people we send to engage in them. If one doesn't like "politics," one should look around their own neighborhood for the cause. It's a start anyway.

To quote Pogo "We have met the enemy... and he is us."
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock