Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Barney Frank: On Second Thought, Passing Obamacare Might Have Been a Mistake

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Barney Frank: On Second Thought, Passing Obamacare Might Have Been a Mistake by avengador1
Started on: 04-17-2012 10:42 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: maryjane on 04-17-2012 09:43 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
http://townhall.com/tipshee..._have_been_a_mistake

Duh!

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) thought President Obama was making a "mistake" in pressing for healthcare reform in 2010 and urged the White House to back off after Democrats lost their 60-seat majority in the Senate, the congressman tells New York magazine. "I think we paid a terrible price for healthcare," Frank told the magazine in a lengthy interview as he prepares to retire at the end of his 16th term. "I would not have pushed it as hard. As a matter of fact, after [Sen.] Scott Brown [R-Mass.] won [in January 2010], I suggested going back. I would have started with financial reform, but certainly not healthcare."

Obamacare likely cost Democrats the House in 2010, and it continues to plague the re-election prospects of the man whose name it bears, due to its enduring unpopularity. I'm particularly amused by how the soon-to-be former Congressman now says he (privately, of course) warned Obama about this misbegotten endeavor from the get-go, patting himself on the back for his retrospective wisdom. Yes, because Barney Frank has established himself as an accomplished soothsayer regarding impending political calamity:

Well then. At least Frank wasn't tasked with co-authoring the Byzantine piece of legislation ostensibly designed to help prevent the type of collapse he'd previously insisted was never going to happen. And at least he wasn't forcefully arguing against Republican-proposed regulations of a GSE that fueled the financial meltdown while his partner was on its payroll. If he were responsible those sorts of shameless acts, I'm sure he'd keep his mouth shut right about now and fade inconspicuously into retirement. Right? The good news for Frank is that even on his way out the door, he's failed to crack the "least popular member of Congress" roster. The top honor in the category remains reserved for a very special lady:

In Boehner's case, 37% hold him in a favorable view, the highest, according to Rasmussen. How shall we put this minor achievement? The next least favorable congressional leader is Mitch McConnell, Senate Republican leader from Kentucky. He's followed closely in tiny favorables by Nancy Pelosi at 31%, trailed by fellow grumpy Democrat Harry "Don't You Dare Call Me Happy" Reid with only 27% favorable.

On the other side of the like scale, Pelosi is the easy winner of the most unfavorable rating, pulling away with nearly two-out-of-three (60%), and trailed by, of course, another Democrat, Reid with 48% unfavorable. Next highest unfavorable is Boehner at 42% with McConnell the winner of sorts of least disliked at 36% unfavorable.

Don't forget, she wants her gavel back. I'll leave you with a fun clip highlighting healthcare prophet Rep. Frank's genuine view of the issue:

Click on link to watch videos.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
heybjorn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Of course Barney says this NOW. Can't hurt him, can it?
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
He is not a bad guy, he just whants to help the less fortunant? What is wrong with taking money by force and threat of imprisonment and giving it to people that that cant or dont wont to get a job?
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Barney Frank redefines the term troglodyte. When will this loser among losers shut his yap and slither away? Hasn't he done enopugh damage to this country without having to remind us of it?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I notice that second thought isn't about whether ObamaCare will work, but only if it was politically advantageous or not.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Nancy Pelosi's 2010 comment comes to mind (again). "If we lose 20 house seats but still get healthcare passed we'll be fine with that. We'll still have a majority and will still press our agends thru congress and on to the President's desk."

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock