Started on: 04-09-2012 08:55 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: htexans1 on 04-10-2012 12:48 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
She got her learners permit.
She is actually a really good driver.
She's gonna' be just fine.

I can't begin to count how many people I have taught to drive.
Even my own Wife.
I am told I am a very calm, patient teacher, in everything I teach.
My boss's past & present have even commented on my amazing ability to teach anyone in a way that each individual can get it.

But do I enjoy it?
Well, I nothing it.
It's one of the few things all my life that I don't feel anything about, before, durring, of after doing it.
No trepidation, no frustration, no pride, no defeat, no nervousness, no joy, no anger, no success, no nothing.
Not like I do when I attempt or accomplish something I do with my mind or my own two hands.

It is really wierd to be good at something but have no feelings about it one way or another.

On top of the fact that I have huge respect for teachers and their abilities and desire to reach EVERY student.
Although, I cannot say that even ONE teacher tried to reach out to me.
Not from my first day, and not my last day when I finaly dropped out.
And I really needed to be reached.

But I still find it to be an honorable profession, and concider a caring teacher more valuable then gold.
And I am one.
I do it at work, I do it at home, and feel absolutly nothing about it one way or the other.
It is the only thing in my life I feel nothing about.
I wonder if it is some kind of block?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-09-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Quite a lot of words for something you feel so little about.
It matters enough to you to know how you feel about your abilities, and teaching, tho most teachers/instructors say they get a lot out of it, teaching is one of those things where the rewards are mostly for the taught. It matters little what you think or feel, it only matters how they feel and they probably always will.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-09-2012).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Quite a lot of words for something you feel so little about.

No, I get no feelings from teaching, but I do have very strong feelings about getting no feelings from teaching.
It's not that I don't have any feelings ABOUT teaching, it's that I don't get any feelings FROM teaching.
And that, I have feelings about.

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
who taught you to drive?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I always thought teaching someone things ya knew was just part of life--someone taught me--I taught someone else--they teach another. We're not supposed to watch someone do something and think "I taught them everything they know", but they WILL (if my own experience is any indication) think "I do this because that person took the time to teach me". The degree of satisfaction one might get from teaching varies i suppose, but I think you are reading way too much into what you are not feeling.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

who taught you to drive?

I don't know, I was just driving.
My Dad said, "Go get the truck" and I got the truck.
But we lived in the brush.
And I just started driving my Dad into town for parts or whatnot.

And I had been operating Cats and Loaders since I was 10 or so.
My first bulldozer:

1938 International TD 40

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

so driving is nothing special to you. maybe most of the things you do (and teach) are nothing special, so teaching is nothing special?
but as you know, that's not really true. many people who can do cant teach. it's special.
you do things for the doing, not for the "reward". you're not interested in the praise or even the thanks.
you're one of the most giving people i think i've ever "met". it's your nature, and for you, it's nothing special. but in the scheme of things, it is.
very, very special.
suck it up.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 04-09-2012).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Stick, or auto?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

suck it up.

LOL!

You forgot "pantywaist"!
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
suck it up, pantywaist. better?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Stick, or auto?

Auto, but i specialize in stick.
But 80 percent has been auto.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

suck it up, pantywaist. better?

That added just the flavor it needed!
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
you, my friend, have PMS. how's that sex change going, anyway?
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Auto? Wimp! J/K
I learned the same way as you Boonie Working on the neighbour's farm at 14..told me to go get the pick-up from the next field drove it all the way in first Then I advanced to tractor and trailer I drove it over a causeway over a river How I got it round without tipping the trailer into the river, I will never know ..but I guess I understood deflection of the trailer following the tractor, and survived that Hardest part was backing the tractor up with a hay trailer piled high with hay bales...always seemed to get the trailer going the opposite way to where I wanted it to go
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

you, my friend, have PMS. how's that sex change going, anyway?

I'm still stuck with a stick.
But soon i'll be getting stuck with a stick!
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

My Dad said, "Go get the truck" and I got the truck.
But we lived in the brush.
And I just started driving my Dad into town for parts or whatnot.

And I had been operating Cats and Loaders since I was 10 or so.
My first bulldozer:

1938 International TD 40

Helluva beard for 10 years old!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistDirect Link to This Post
I miss the kids I taught. Swimming, computers, etc.

The little kids I taught are now 22 years old.

Those were good times.

Their brains were little sponges.

Teaching my son is one of the few things I focus on, or give a crap about. I do stupid crap and have side interests and whatnot, but I'm kinda "done' - I want him to experience stuff.

So why are you so bothered that something DIDN'T feel 'profound" to you?Sounds like you didn't really enjoy school too much...

ugh friggin' in mosquitos are killin me

*zap*
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

So why are you so bothered that something DIDN'T feel 'profound" to you? Sounds like you didn't really enjoy school too much...

Everyother thing in my life I take on, weather successful or failureful, I feel something from it.
But not teaching.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2012 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Zeb:

Helluva beard for 10 years old!

That's ma' pappy.
But I cut into that same land.

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2012 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

No, I get no feelings from teaching, but I do have very strong feelings about getting no feelings from teaching.
It's not that I don't have any feelings ABOUT teaching, it's that I don't get any feelings FROM teaching.

You feel this way because you feel you were taught by soul-less automatons who did not care about their students. Who made no effort to "reach out" to you.

Perhaps you sat there in your shell, and refused to be touched. I've known good teachers, my Great Aunt, my Fiero's original owner, was a teacher. She taught in one-room schools, whee kids would bring farm animals for Show-And-Tell. Then again, she was an exception.

It's entirely likely every single one of your teachers was just there to get in out of the cold, and get a paycheck. But they seem to have taught you something. Your reading and writing are exceptional. Haven't seen your ciphering skilz, but you're pretty sharp with these computator machines. Perhaps they did "reach" you.

Consider yourself lucky they didn't "reach out and touch you."
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Zeb has a point. Maybe the reason you are so good at what you do... is born out of some form of subconscious spite for those you feel neglected you as a student. It would made sense that you wouldn't feel proud of doing something that just needs done - there's a hole, you patch it up. Just how you operate.

Or am I getting too deep (it does feel deep in here some days, ya know)...?
PFF
System Bot
Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeDirect Link to This Post
Kinda reminds me of a line from a movie, or TV show, can't remember. I think it was after he fired someone......
" It's not that I'm an un-feeling person, I'm uncaring. I feel bad that I don't care but, I still don't care!"

It sounded better when he, whoever it was, said it
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
There is a man on here,Cooter,who I have talked to many times on the phone and in person.If all teachers felt about their students (in the lower grades he teaches) as he does,the world would be a better place,because the students may grow into adults that want to emulate him!
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

For me, figuring out how to operate the CAT pictured in this post would be MUCH easier than trying to figure out the
above quote.

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:

For me, figuring out how to operate the CAT pictured in this post would be MUCH easier than trying to figure out the
above quote.

Yin and yang are not in balance.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock