Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Two parties, two ways of thinking, Europe included.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Two parties, two ways of thinking, Europe included. by dennis_6
Started on: 03-20-2012 12:59 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: fierofetish on 03-20-2012 12:52 PM
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
This forum is a perfect example, either you deserve exactly what you have or you have been cheated by the man.
It is never that simple, and there are many parties here in the US to vote for other than Republican or Democrat, is everyone unable to see shades of grey?

There
is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into
two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting
measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension,
is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.
- John Adams

I mean its either entitlement or you have exactly what you deserve. It is neither, idiots obtain wealth with their connections, and people like Nikola Tesla die in poverty. You don't always achieve greatness because of hard work, and you don't always wind up in poverty due to laziness. I wish this forum and America would wake up as a whole.

Yes some of the rich did earn it, and yes some in poverty do earn it. However there is a grey area, where those in wealth did not earn it, and those in poverty did not earn it. This forum and the USA as whole sees it as, either the government should be our nanny or you deserve exactly what you get. Both are false.

I get negative ratings from both sides, and both sides accuse me of being the other side, how can that be? It can't. Learn to see shades of grey, and just maybe you will see reality.

Seriously google Nikola Tesla and Edison and tell me which one was the genius, and which one was rich for no reason other than popularity.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 03-20-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Tesla was quite smart indeed however he had no business sense.

Edison had the right combination of business sense and inventing sense. I strongly disagree with "and which one was rich for no reason other than popularity."

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 03-20-2012).]

yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Dennis, I'm with you. There's no silver bullet and also the right solution also changes over time. That's why we have a democratic system that will (messily) adapt to new realities (ideological and financial).
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-20-2012 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
X2
perfect example - My brother. Failure throughout his whole life. Lost what little he did manage to cobble together, and divorced his wife for a woman who makes Roseanne Barr seem exotically beautiful (because his new wife had divorced her American husband and took him to the cleaners, whom he married 2 years ago, and now lives off my father's money, and hers)..now almost a millionaire (not for long though Like most who win the Lottery, they end up broke again sooner or later )
I'm the exact opposite Work hard, don't cheat, have a beautiful wife...and I bet I am STILL happier than he is, poor sod

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 03-20-2012).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2012 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:
There's no silver bullet and also the right solution also changes over time.

No, it doesn't. Foolish and/or dishonest use of money is never the right solution to any question, nor is lying by politicians to the electorate or, even worse, individuals lying to themselves. We have abdicated responsibility for an entitlement and self-glorification mentality. Until this changes, and there is little to no evidence that it will, Western civilization will not recover.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-20-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Coincidently the decline began, IMHO, with the introduction of the one-eyed monster occupying the corner whole darned wall of the lounge/dining room-mancave-bedroom-garage-bar-hotel-restaurant-.....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock