Started on: 12-29-2011 06:53 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Doug85GT on 03-22-2012 11:03 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Since we have thread on some of the other candidates, I thought I would start another one about Rick Santorum, so we could all learn some more about him as more information comes out. He is currently third after recent Iowa polls.

Surging Santorum: I know how to win tough elections
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/.../today-today_people/

In a surprise, former also-ran Santorum has climbed ahead of Gingrich to move into third place in a new CNN/Time/ORC poll for GOP Iowa caucus participants, behind Romney and Ron Paul. Speaking with TODAY’s Savannah Guthrie, Santorum said he believes his previous runs for office in Pennsylvania — including a 1990 Congressional campaign and a 1994 Senate campaign in which he defeated incumbent Democrats — shows he can come up big in November.

Romney tops field in Iowa while Gingrich slides

“I’m the only one in this race that has a track record of winning elections in tough states,” Santorum said from Coralville, Iowa, in advance of Tuesday’s caucuses. “I have to think that’s one of the reasons that people in Iowa are looking at us and saying, ‘Wow, this guy has defeated, straight up, two Democratic incumbents in very tough districts and in a very tough state.’ ”

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-29-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
God no...what a giant colostomy bag and tool

Off to bed, goodnight all

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 12-29-2011).]

2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Right now I consider him to be one of my favorites of the ones left standing in the race. He's quietly competent, some good ideas, and a personable person. Best of all he's not Romney and a ten times better leader than Obama.
Doni Hagan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
If he gets a single vote from the urban "21-35" demographic, I'll be extremely shocked.

Do a Google search of his last name. He can thank some of his views on same-sex relationships for that.

To many people, he's simply a punchline to a very dirty joke.
Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

God no...what a giant colostomy bag and tool

Off to bed, goodnight all

+1
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Latest from Iowa. "Santorum surges from behind". I just googled the phrase. It turns out that Santorum ALWAYS surges from behind.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post12-30-2011 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Latest from Iowa. "Santorum surges from behind". I just googled the phrase. It turns out that Santorum ALWAYS surges from behind.

Is that a real headline? Someone had fun writing that!
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
DEAR ABBY:
'I have always wanted to have my family history traced, but I can't afford to spend a lot of money to do it. Any suggestions?'

Sam in California.

DEAR SAM:
'Register as a Republican, and run for public office.'

Abby

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 12-30-2011).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I would vote for Obama than Rick Sanatorium.

But Rick isn't going to get the nomination. He is a loser.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

But Rick isn't going to get the nomination. He is a loser.

Thus, our culture and way of life are doomed!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

Thus, our culture and way of life are doomed!

Really? Just because evangelical religious folks are so blinded to the massive egoistical selfishness and power hungry person that is Rick Santorum because he speaks about Christian values and being anti-choice?

I'm sorry, but Obama is more real and truthful than Rick Santorum. Rick is somebody that I absolutely do not trust, nor have any respect for, nor have any confidence at all that he is competent for the position as President or any public office.

He was kicked out of office to never return.

Put it this way. Rick Santorum is the John Edwards of the Republican Party.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 12-30-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry, but Obama is more real and truthful than Rick Santorum.

Then you aren't much of a conservative.

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

If ignoring reality is being conservative, why would you want to be one?

And no offense man, but who are you to say anyone is anything? What makes you king $hit?

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 12-30-2011).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Though I agree with Jonesy's estimation, I'll put it a bit more diplomatically....

If, in your opinion, the "price of admission" to true conservatism is to place a Rick Santorum in the White House, you have defined yet another reason why I will continue to "cherry-pick" those aspects of the neo-conservative movement I'll accept and those I'll readily reject. Through our frequent debates, I have grown to respect your positions, though certainly not uniformly agree with them. But I can't believe that your hatred and/or disappointment for or with the current administration is so all-consuming or your conformity to ideology so myopic that you see Rick Santorum as the cure for the nation's ills.

On top of that, you've probably chosen the only candidate in the race that could make Newt Gingrich look viable. Other than Newt, Santorum would most likely be Obama's "wet dream" of an opponent.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 12-31-2011).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2012 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
As far as I'm concerned, it is over. Rick has sour grapes and telling people to vote for Obama over Romney just seals the deal.

Santorum: Might As Well Have Obama Over Romney

He might have also ended his political career as a Republican too. He just burned a major bridge. He certainly has lost my respect.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock