Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Japan's nuke problems--what's happening?--conflicting reports. (Page 43)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 64 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 
Previous Page | Next Page
Japan's nuke problems--what's happening?--conflicting reports. by maryjane
Started on: 03-12-2011 09:14 AM
Replies: 2526
Last post by: 8Ball on 10-25-2013 05:04 PM
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

When you have pre-determined in your mind what the facts are then you can just judge what news you will believe and which ones you will just dismiss as incorrect. But then why even bother with reading the news anyways.

Or maybe perhaps it was the first estimate that was incorrect.

It was various estimates by CREDIBLE groups, then comes some fringe group and throws a low ball number. If you go back through this thread, you will see the estimates which were raised and lowered but far above the 10 percent group. Journalist stating that it appeared the melted fuel was outside the reactor buildings. i don't buy the 10 percent figure, I also don't buy the 1000x Chernobyl.

"How did the population of Fukushima prefecture dodge the radioactivity? Gerry Thomas at Imperial College London, director of the Chernobyl Tissue Bank, says the answer is simple. "Not an awful lot [of radioactive material] got out of the plant – it was not Chernobyl." The Chernobyl nuclear disaster released 10 times as much radiation as Fukushima Daiichi."
http://www.newscientist.com...-than-predicted.html

NEW YORK: The Fukushima nuclear disaster released twice as much of a radioactive substance into the atmosphere as Japanese authorities estimated, reaching 40 percent of the total from Chernobyl, a preliminary report says.

The estimate of much higher levels of radioactive cesium-137 comes from a worldwide network of sensors. Study author Andreas Stohl of the Norwegian Institute for Air Research says the Japanese government estimate came only from data in Japan, and that would have missed emissions blown out to sea.
http://articles.economictim...strial-safety-agency

It's been three months since the massive earthquake and tsunami ravaged the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan. And now an official report says the amount of radiation released was more than double the earlier estimates. That means it was one-sixth the amount dispersed at Chernobyl in 1986, the world's worst nuclear disaster.

Initially, the Fukushima radiation was rated one-tenth the total at Chernobyl. The report comes from Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency. It acknowledges that three reactors at Fukushima suffered core meltdowns and likely breached their containment units.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour...11/japan1_06-07.html

Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s Fukushima station, which was wrecked in the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, may have emitted 35,800 terabecquerels of radioactive cesium 137 at the height of the disaster, according to a study in the Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics journal. Japan’s nuclear regulator in June said 15,000 terabecquerels of cesium 137 was discharged.
http://www.bloomberg.com/ne...-than-estimated.html

Japan's nuclear safety agency has more than doubled its estimate of the amount of radiation released into the atmosphere from the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/...eak-estimate/2748978
So remind me, how does one guy who claims Tepco's first estimate is correct, over rule all the other studies, and I have only posted a few.

I really am wondering if you have money invested in nuclear power, or uranium mining.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 11-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
ABC calls radiation plume over Europe “massive, but harmless” — IAEA now claims Hungary lab likely source of iodine-131 — “Extremely unlikely” says director

Nov. 17 — International Atomic Energy Agency said today they “believe they have traced the source of a massive, but harmless, radiation plume that has spread across the atmosphere in Europe to an institute in Hungary, but the head of the institute disagrees,” according the ABC News.

Jozsef Kornyei, director of the Budapest-based Institute of Isotopes Co. spoke with the AP in a phone interview: “Citing weather factors and the very low radioactivity of the iodine-131 released into the atmosphere, Kornyei said it was “extremely unlikely” that the leak at the Budapest plant was the cause of trace levels of iodine-131 measured in several European countries.”

The Budapest lab “denies being the source of any elevated radiation,” according to AFP. Lab director Mihaly Lakatos said, “Radiation levels in Hungary were only a little higher in Budapest than elsewhere… If the source of heightened radioactivity had been Budapest, the levels measured here should have been much higher.”

“Maybe partly we have something to do with iodine-131 over Budapest, but not over Europe… The distance is too long,” Lakatos said. (ABC)

“In response to Lakatos’ objections, the IAEA referred ABC News to the HAEA, who made the claim initially. Representatives there did not immediately responded to requests for comment.” (ABC)
http://enenews.com/abc-radi...likely-says-director
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
print button email button

Friday, Nov. 18, 2011

Fukushima, Tokyo log fewer births
Kyodo

The number of births between April and June slumped 25 percent in Fukushima Prefecture and also declined significantly in Tokyo, Chiba and Kanagawa prefectures, but the tally rose in northern and western Japan, a recent survey showed.

The Japan Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, which conducted the nationwide survey, believes many pregnant evacuees gave birth in areas they considered to be at less risk of radioactive fallout from the Fukushima nuclear crisis.

Based on valid responses from about 750 hospitals that handle deliveries, the association estimated there were 1,000 fewer births from the previous year in Fukushima Prefecture, and a combined total of 2,000 fewer newborns in Tokyo, Chiba and Kanagawa prefectures.

Other areas in Kanto also saw a decline in the number of births, with the exception of Saitama Prefecture, where many Fukushima evacuees took refuge.

In the Tohoku region, the average number of births per hospital in the three-month period dived 25 percent in Fukushima Prefecture, but in neighboring Iwate Prefecture the total remained almost unchanged and in Miyagi Prefecture it actually rose 6 percent.

Hokkaido and Aomori prefectures, as well as Gifu, Tottori, Kochi, Fukuoka and Nagasaki, recorded marked increases in births, including a rise of around 1,200 newborns in Fukuoka.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/rss/nn20111118a3.html
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Show me where I claimed Tepco's first estimate was correct?

Or are you making up facts to fit whatever story you want to tell?

Originally posted by dennis_6:

It was various estimates by CREDIBLE groups, then comes some fringe group and throws a low ball number. If you go back through this thread, you will see the estimates which were raised and lowered but far above the 10 percent group. Journalist stating that it appeared the melted fuel was outside the reactor buildings. i don't buy the 10 percent figure, I also don't buy the 1000x Chernobyl.

"How did the population of Fukushima prefecture dodge the radioactivity? Gerry Thomas at Imperial College London, director of the Chernobyl Tissue Bank, says the answer is simple. "Not an awful lot [of radioactive material] got out of the plant – it was not Chernobyl." The Chernobyl nuclear disaster released 10 times as much radiation as Fukushima Daiichi."
http://www.newscientist.com...-than-predicted.html

NEW YORK: The Fukushima nuclear disaster released twice as much of a radioactive substance into the atmosphere as Japanese authorities estimated, reaching 40 percent of the total from Chernobyl, a preliminary report says.

The estimate of much higher levels of radioactive cesium-137 comes from a worldwide network of sensors. Study author Andreas Stohl of the Norwegian Institute for Air Research says the Japanese government estimate came only from data in Japan, and that would have missed emissions blown out to sea.
http://articles.economictim...strial-safety-agency

It's been three months since the massive earthquake and tsunami ravaged the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan. And now an official report says the amount of radiation released was more than double the earlier estimates. That means it was one-sixth the amount dispersed at Chernobyl in 1986, the world's worst nuclear disaster.

Initially, the Fukushima radiation was rated one-tenth the total at Chernobyl. The report comes from Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency. It acknowledges that three reactors at Fukushima suffered core meltdowns and likely breached their containment units.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour...11/japan1_06-07.html

Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s Fukushima station, which was wrecked in the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, may have emitted 35,800 terabecquerels of radioactive cesium 137 at the height of the disaster, according to a study in the Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics journal. Japan’s nuclear regulator in June said 15,000 terabecquerels of cesium 137 was discharged.
http://www.bloomberg.com/ne...-than-estimated.html

Japan's nuclear safety agency has more than doubled its estimate of the amount of radiation released into the atmosphere from the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/...eak-estimate/2748978
So remind me, how does one guy who claims Tepco's first estimate is correct, over rule all the other studies, and I have only posted a few.

I really am wondering if you have money invested in nuclear power, or uranium mining.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
Show me where i said phonedawgz claimed 10%.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

This, not the previous post is what you said.

Again and again and again and again and again and again you have a real problem with the facts and who said what.

Again I will suggest that you limit your postings to just reposting news stories. You fail miserably at anything else.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 11-18-2011).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

This, not the previous post is what you said.

Again and again and again and again and again and again you have a real problem with the facts and who said what.

Again I will suggest that you limit your postings to just reposting news stories. You fail miserably at anything else.

Still not seeing phonedawgz anywhere in there. I guess you have a problem with facts. If I was referring to you, I would have said you, not some guy. The some guy I was referring to, was the one who made the statement that Fukushima is only 10 percent of Chernobyl, that the media ate up. I have yet to see the media quoting you, so obviously I wasn't referring to you.
However, you have a huge problem with being wrong, so I expect you to keep this back and forth going on, instead of stating you made a mistake, like a man. Baseless accusations, and half azzed assumptions seem to be your specialty.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 11-18-2011).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Japan military to conduct decontamination in nuclear no-go zone

Nov 18, 2011, 11:10 GMT

Tokyo - The Japanese government plans to send military troops in December to the no-go zone around the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station to decontaminate municipal buildings, local media reported Friday.

Tokyo wants the buildings to serve as bases for decontamination efforts in the area from January, Kyodo News reported, citing an unnamed government official.

Private sector workers will reportedly start in January to remove radioactive material from areas around the plant.

The plant has been leaking radioactive substances into the environment since it was hit by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

Defence Minister Yasuo Ichikawa expressed his backing for the deployment, chief cabinet secretary Osamu Fujimura told a news conference.

The environment and defence ministries confirmed at a ministerial meeting that they would make a final arrangement on where the 300 troops would be engaged after assessing data on radiation levels, the official told Kyodo.

The dispatch of the troops 'has not been decided yet,' Katsumasa Seimaru, an Environment Ministry official, said. 'We are still considering various plans.'

'We are planning decontamination in areas inside the no-go zone as well as outside,' Seimaru said.

Those troops 'would just end up being exposed to radiation to no purpose,' Hiroaki Koide, assistant professor at the Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute, said. 'It is impossible to decontaminate. The region's land itself has been contaminated. And it is impossible to move the land.'

The plan to dispatch troops to areas near the plant came at a time when citizens and local officials found radiation hot spots far beyond the 20-kilometre no-go zone. Critics have even urged the government to evacuate children from such areas and their vicinity for the time being.

Municipalities in the prefecture of Fukushima just started decontamination efforts in September, and there are still many areas which they have not covered.
http://www.monstersandcriti...n-nuclear-no-go-zone
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Japan military to conduct decontamination in nuclear no-go zone

Nov 18, 2011, 11:10 GMT

Tokyo - The Japanese government plans to send military troops in December to the no-go zone around the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station to decontaminate municipal buildings, local media reported Friday.

Tokyo wants the buildings to serve as bases for decontamination efforts in the area from January, Kyodo News reported, citing an unnamed government official.

Private sector workers will reportedly start in January to remove radioactive material from areas around the plant.

The plant has been leaking radioactive substances into the environment since it was hit by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

Defence Minister Yasuo Ichikawa expressed his backing for the deployment, chief cabinet secretary Osamu Fujimura told a news conference.

The environment and defence ministries confirmed at a ministerial meeting that they would make a final arrangement on where the 300 troops would be engaged after assessing data on radiation levels, the official told Kyodo.

The dispatch of the troops 'has not been decided yet,' Katsumasa Seimaru, an Environment Ministry official, said. 'We are still considering various plans.'

'We are planning decontamination in areas inside the no-go zone as well as outside,' Seimaru said.

Those troops 'would just end up being exposed to radiation to no purpose,' Hiroaki Koide, assistant professor at the Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute, said. 'It is impossible to decontaminate. The region's land itself has been contaminated. And it is impossible to move the land.'

The plan to dispatch troops to areas near the plant came at a time when citizens and local officials found radiation hot spots far beyond the 20-kilometre no-go zone. Critics have even urged the government to evacuate children from such areas and their vicinity for the time being.

Municipalities in the prefecture of Fukushima just started decontamination efforts in September, and there are still many areas which they have not covered.
http://www.monstersandcriti...n-nuclear-no-go-zone

Ah, the joys of serving your country. I'm guessing this isn't what they had in mind when they signed up. I'm thinking chain gangs might be a better use of humanity.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

You have repeatedly accused me of this in the past. So who is the YOU that you are now referring to?

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 11-19-2011).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2011 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Still 80,000 refugees with no quality of life, no home, no job, no future, no anything. Just a reminder, since that seems so easily overlooked in this thread.
PFF
System Bot
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

You have repeatedly accused me of this in the past. So who is the YOU that you are now referring to?

I used the term you in that statement the preceding one did not use the term "you".
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
N-fuel conditions unclear

Tatsuo Nakajima / Yomiuri Shimbun Staff Writer

The latest timetable for bringing a nuclear fuel meltdown at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant under control shows the situation is no longer in the critical condition it was immediately following the accident, but many issues remain unsolved.

The government and Tokyo Electric Power Co. have revised the timetable for the seventh time in the eight months since the crisis began. Data suggests the reactors and radioactive material are under control, and the power plant will achieve a cold shutdown once required conditions are confirmed.

However, the status of the molten nuclear fuel is unclear. It is not known how the fuel, believed to have partially melted through pressure vessels of the reactors and into containment vessels, has dispersed and how much lies in water.

It is questionable to assess the situation as nearly a cold shutdown. Usually, to achieve a cold shutdown, all fuel rods should be cooled under water, and nuclear fuel, pressure and containment vessels should be intact and in good condition.

The situation at the nuclear plant does not meet this definition. Is it appropriate for the government and TEPCO to call the current status nearly a cold shutdown?

On Nov. 2, TEPCO said a small-scale recriticality incident--in which nuclear fuel achieves a fission chain reaction--may have taken place at the No. 2 reactor of the power plant, creating a small panic. The company later said xenon discovered at the plant was the result of spontaneous fission, not a nuclear chain reaction known as recriticality as had been feared.

TEPCO should have been able to coolly handle the detection of xenon, but it failed to do so as it had not properly prepared necessary data. These matters should not be dealt with in a hurried and sloppy manner as the end of the year, the target for achieving cold shutdown, approaches.

There are many other unsolved issues, including how to cope with contaminated water said to be accumulating at a rate of 200 to 500 tons a day in underground areas of the reactor buildings. The government and TEPCO must thoroughly solve these issues without being bound by their timetable.
(Nov. 19, 2011)
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy...al/T111118006066.htm
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
rchitect of Reactor 3 warns of massive hydrovolcanic explosion
Posted by Mochizuki on November 19th, 2011 · 2 Comments

Architect of Fukushima Daiichi Reactor 3, Uehara Haruo, the former president of Saga University had an interview on 11/17/2011.

In this interview, he admitted Tepco’s explanation does not make sense, and that the China syndrome is inevitable.

He stated that considering 8 months have passed since 311 without any improvement, it is inevitable that melted fuel went out of the container vessel and sank underground, which is called China syndrome.

He added, if fuel has reaches a underground water vein, it will cause contamination of underground water, soil contamination and sea contamination. Moreover, if the underground water vein keeps being heated for long time, a massive hydrovolcanic explosion will be caused.

He also warned radioactive debris is spreading in Pacific Ocean. Tons of the debris has reached the Marshall Islands as of 11/15/2011.

http://fukushima-diary.com/...28Fukushima+Diary%29
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
And who was the YOU that you were referring to?

I used the term you in that statement the preceding one did not use the term "you".

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009

N-fuel conditions unclear

...However, the status of the molten nuclear fuel is unclear. It is not known how the fuel, believed to have partially melted through pressure vessels of the reactors and into containment vessels, has dispersed and how much lies in water.

It is HIGHLY unlikely any fuel has been "molten" for many many months.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

And who was the YOU that you were referring to?

You refers to you as far as suspected investment in the industry.
I did not refer to you in the preceding statement, they were to different statements about two different people, and two different subjects.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

You refers to you as far as suspected investment in the industry.
I did not refer to you in the preceding statement, they were to different statements about two different people, and two different subjects.

May I suggest you use a period to end your sentences. Then put in two spaces and start the next sentence with a capital letter. It will make your statements seem a little more coherent.

Also the word to mean a number is two not to.

I did not refer to you in the first statement. They were two different statements about two different people, and two different subjects.

Or maybe just don't post when you have been drinking.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

Shows your level of class, the keys on this laptop don't always work. If I catch it, I fix it.
Your personal attacks only show you have no legit argument. It discredits you, intelligent people do not have to resort to those tactics. In the end you are just a fiero forum member not a world expert on all things nuclear, you are entitled to your opinion, but denying any conflicting opinion just makes you sad.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 11-20-2011).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
So on your keyboard the period, the space and the shift all seem to fail at the same time?

Or maybe it's that you are making things up again?
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

So on your keyboard the period, the space and the shift all seem to fail at the same time?

Or maybe it's that you are making things up again?

the w key doesn't always work, along with a few other keys. I was not worried about shift or the period key. I am not writing a peer review paper, I am posting on a car forum .

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 11-20-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

When one can't discredit the ideas, always go after the writing technique and character of the author instead.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
I suppose it would be too much to expect dennis_6 to use Second Grade punctuation rules as he tries to promote the idea that he knows more than the nuclear engineers.
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

I suppose it would be too much to expect dennis_6 to use Second Grade punctuation rules as he tries to promote the idea that he knows more than the nuclear engineers.

Funny, I haven't been the one calling PHds wacko repeatedly. Now lets try this again, car forum, not research community.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 11-21-2011).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

Power plant buildings were among the few left standing after the tsunami
of 11 March hit the coastline of Fukushima prefecture

Quoted from article

Six of ten stabilisation goals at Fukushima Daiichi are complete, with official recognition of cold shutdown still outstanding despite low core temperatures.

The latest update on roadmap activities from Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry detailed the tasks completed as well as those that lie ahead for the ruined power plant.

Stable cooling of damaged reactors has been improved and the release of radioactivity further reduced. The accumulation of water used for cooling is being managed and the site has improving margins to avoid this water overflowing, in case of typhoon for example.

Steady cooling

Temperatures recorded at the bottoms of the reactor vessels for units 2 and 3 are below 70ºC, while unit 1 is cooler still at 37ºC. Being below the landmark 100ºC, these basically fulfil the conditions for the declaration of cold shutdown although this has not been officially recognised by the government.

A complicating factor is the uncertainty over the melted core. Water leaking from holes in the bottoms of the reactor vessels, has lead to concerns that corium may have followed. But this theory is not supported by radiation readings from the drywell below, with the exception of unit 1 where a damaged sensor is fluctuating wildly. The drywells contain large pools of water at below 50ºC.

Amid this uncertainty, the Japanese government seems unready to declare the end-of-year goal of cold shutdown as having been achieved. Nevertheless, Tepco's document today shows it has notified the government that it has achieved and then 'maintained' cold shutdown - part of a subsequent set of goals.

Tepco said that if corium was indeed present in the drywell, "steam generation would be suppressed due to sufficient cooling, thus the release of radioactive materials from [containment] has been kept under control." The rate of emission of radioactivity is currently around 13 million times less than at the height of the accident on 15 March.

Noted among the recently completed sub-tasks of stabilisation were the expansion of water processing and decontamination facilities as well as water storage.

Water storage

Water is constantly injected to the reactor vessels and becomes radioactive on contact with the melted cores before being fully decontaminated. Despite the acknowledged safety of this water - a government minister even drank some on live television - Tepco is not currently allowed to release this to sea. Instead it is building up on site in a growing number of large tanks now totalling 106,000 cubic metres in capacity. A further 20,000 cubic metres of capacity is slated for addition every month in an arrangement that seems bound for revision.

However, the process of cleaning the water concentrates the contaminants in sludges that do require long-term storage and proper disposal. Work on a temporary tank for this was started on site by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries this week.

Apart from cold shutdown, Tepco's goals for the next six weeks cover ongoing safety topics relating to its workforce: the improvement of living and working environment; improvement of radiation control and medical facilities; and establishment of personnel training and allocation routines.

Wreckage from hydrogen explosions is being cleared from the tops of units 3 and 4 to reduce the spread of dust and enable the construction of an airtight cover like the one already complete at unit 1. Reactor unit 2 does not need a cover, with its containment breach having taken place in the torus suppression chamber in its foundations.

Tepco and the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency have now begun to set out a long-term roadmap, aiming at completely decommissioning units 1-4, the ultimate end point of which would not come for many years.

http://www.world-nuclear-ne...roadmap_1711111.html
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

I'm sure Dennis doesn't know more than the nuclear engineers. I bet the 80,000 refugees from the world's second worse nuclear engineering screwup couldn't care less about what nuclear engineers have to say.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

18612 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Power plant buildings were among the few left standing after the tsunami
of 11 March hit the coastline of Fukushima prefecture

Quoted from article

Six of ten stabilisation goals at Fukushima Daiichi are complete, with official recognition of cold shutdown still outstanding despite low core temperatures.

The latest update on roadmap activities from Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry detailed the tasks completed as well as those that lie ahead for the ruined power plant.

Stable cooling of damaged reactors has been improved and the release of radioactivity further reduced. The accumulation of water used for cooling is being managed and the site has improving margins to avoid this water overflowing, in case of typhoon for example.

Steady cooling

Temperatures recorded at the bottoms of the reactor vessels for units 2 and 3 are below 70ºC, while unit 1 is cooler still at 37ºC. Being below the landmark 100ºC, these basically fulfil the conditions for the declaration of cold shutdown although this has not been officially recognised by the government.

A complicating factor is the uncertainty over the melted core. Water leaking from holes in the bottoms of the reactor vessels, has lead to concerns that corium may have followed. But this theory is not supported by radiation readings from the drywell below, with the exception of unit 1 where a damaged sensor is fluctuating wildly. The drywells contain large pools of water at below 50ºC.

Amid this uncertainty, the Japanese government seems unready to declare the end-of-year goal of cold shutdown as having been achieved. Nevertheless, Tepco's document today shows it has notified the government that it has achieved and then 'maintained' cold shutdown - part of a subsequent set of goals.

Tepco said that if corium was indeed present in the drywell, "steam generation would be suppressed due to sufficient cooling, thus the release of radioactive materials from [containment] has been kept under control." The rate of emission of radioactivity is currently around 13 million times less than at the height of the accident on 15 March.

Noted among the recently completed sub-tasks of stabilisation were the expansion of water processing and decontamination facilities as well as water storage.

Water storage

Water is constantly injected to the reactor vessels and becomes radioactive on contact with the melted cores before being fully decontaminated. Despite the acknowledged safety of this water - a government minister even drank some on live television - Tepco is not currently allowed to release this to sea. Instead it is building up on site in a growing number of large tanks now totalling 106,000 cubic metres in capacity. A further 20,000 cubic metres of capacity is slated for addition every month in an arrangement that seems bound for revision.

However, the process of cleaning the water concentrates the contaminants in sludges that do require long-term storage and proper disposal. Work on a temporary tank for this was started on site by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries this week.

Apart from cold shutdown, Tepco's goals for the next six weeks cover ongoing safety topics relating to its workforce: the improvement of living and working environment; improvement of radiation control and medical facilities; and establishment of personnel training and allocation routines.

Wreckage from hydrogen explosions is being cleared from the tops of units 3 and 4 to reduce the spread of dust and enable the construction of an airtight cover like the one already complete at unit 1. Reactor unit 2 does not need a cover, with its containment breach having taken place in the torus suppression chamber in its foundations.

Tepco and the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency have now begun to set out a long-term roadmap, aiming at completely decommissioning units 1-4, the ultimate end point of which would not come for many years.

http://www.world-nuclear-ne...roadmap_1711111.html

Several spelling mistakes and grammar errors in that article, sorry, I can't take it seriously. Try posting something from a credible source why don't ya?
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
One of the 'take away's I see in the article it that the rate of emission of radioactivity is 13 million times less than at the height of the accident. Those who are interested in inflating everything they can about the accident are still shouting about the 'ongoing' radiation contamination.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

One of the 'take away's I see in the article it that the rate of emission of radioactivity is 13 million times less than at the height of the accident. Those who are interested in inflating everything they can about the accident are still shouting about the 'ongoing' radiation contamination.

You mean, the hundreds of square miles of homes, lands, and farms that 80,000 people were forcibly evicted from are now no longer contaminated? That's great news! They can start moving home tomorrow and begin rebuilding their lives like everyone else in Japan started doing eight and a half months ago since they no longer have ongoing radiation contamination of their homes and farms.

Edit to add: Found this while looking for specific square miles of evacuation zone:

TOKYO — Broad areas around the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant could soon be declared uninhabitable, perhaps for decades, after a government survey found radioactive contamination that far exceeded safe levels, several major media outlets said Monday.

The formal announcement, expected from the government in coming days, would be the first official recognition that the March accident could force the long-term depopulation of communities near the plant, an eventuality that scientists and some officials have been warning about for months. Lawmakers said over the weekend — and major newspapers reported Monday — that Prime Minister Naoto Kan was planning to visit Fukushima Prefecture, where the plant is, as early as Saturday to break the news directly to residents. The affected communities are all within 12 miles of the plant, an area that was evacuated immediately after the accident.

Rest at this link: http://www.nytimes.com/2011...ld/asia/22japan.html

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 11-21-2011).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
Posted at 06:00 AM ET, 11/21/2011
Fukushima Daiichi: My trip inside Japan’s Dead Zone
By Chico Harlan

Just about the time we crossed into the no-entry zone surrounding the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, the dosimeter clipped to our car window introduced its soundtrack: Chirp-chirp. Chirp-chirp. Chirp-chirp.

A feral ostrich, which is believed to run away near a ostrich farm, is seen at the Tomioka fishing port , no-entry zone near the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant. (Eiji Kaji/Ymiuri)

The dosimeter was blue, about the size of a pager, and it updated its readings of the airborne radiation levels every 30 seconds. Any reading over 2.50 microsieverts (uSv) per hour triggered the chirp. It was 9:30 a.m. when we entered the no-go zone, flashing a permit to five policemen at a checkpoint, and for the next six hours, the chirping never stopped.

Since the March 11 natural disaster triggered a nuclear crisis, many Japanese have turned into self-taught experts on radiation dangers. They’ve learned about cesium and microsieverts and half-lifes. But even after they’ve mastered the glossary, they discover a more troubling roadblock: When it comes to non-acute exposure, we still don’t really know what levels cause danger. Research conflicts. And most people in Japan, as a fallback, have resorted to the government’s guidelines.

Which are:

* No nuclear plant worker should receive more than 250,000 uSv per year.

* No adult should receive more than 20,000 uSv per year.

Do the math in reverse, dividing 20,000 uSv by 365 days and 24 hours, and you come up with the hourly radiation level that puts you on target for the ordinary-adult limit: 2.28 uSv per hour. The number is arbitrary, of course — who spends his or her life in one spot? — but it also has practical applications, particularly in Fukushima. If your front yard gives off radiation levels of 2.28 uSv/hr, you might want to think about moving.

As we drove deeper into the no-entry zone, curving past beautiful and empty homes with tile roofs, the numbers on our dosimeter started to soar well beyond the safe-guideline level.

3.41 uSv/hr.

7.12 uSv/hr.

12.03 uSv/hr.

32.04 uSv/hr.

Chirp-chirp.

Our guide, a local rancher with a permit for the area, stopped his Isuzu SUV. We were about eight or nine miles from the nuclear plant, I’d guess, with thick trees on both sides. The rancher, Masami Yoshizawa, placed the dosimeter on the ground. We waited for new numbers to flash.

71.32 uSv/hr.

That’s 2.5 times the level at the front gate of the nuclear plant.

Stand in that spot for a year, and you’d be exposed to almost 625,000 uSv--36 times the annual maximum.
Fukushima

We gawked at the dosimeter - or at least the two Washington Post reporters did. Yoshizawa told a five-minute story about cattle ranchers, and only once he stopped did we return to his car.

Yoshizawa makes daily trips into this no-entry zone, tending to the contaminated cattle that the government wants him to euthanize. Taking care of the animals has become his mission, and he’s willing to take a health risk. Plus, he’s 57, and his boss, Jun Murata, acknowledged that the ranchers’ lifestyle was less than healthy.

“We smoke and drink all the time,’’ Murata said. “Even if we would develop cancer, we wouldn’t know whether it came from radiation or smoking too much.”

Yoshizawa had his body tested for radiation in July, and a doctor told him his levels were on the “high end.” But Yoshizawa didn’t change his daily routine.

But each person calculates his own risks differently. For me, I balanced the desire to write a story from an eerie and important place against the desire to keep my mother worry-free. Yoshizawa, for this trip, also gave me a second radiation measuring tool, like an odometer, that measures cumulative radiation levels. We set it to zero when entering the no-go zone. Six hours later, it said I’d been exposed to just 20 uSv. I wore no mask and no special protective material.

Even within the sealed off 12-mile area around the plant, radiation levels are fickle. In the early afternoon we headed closer to the plant - but levels went down. At one point we were just three miles from the nuclear plant, but hourly readings were roughly 3 uSv.

Monitoring data from Japan’s science ministry paints a similar picture. The data comes from 51 monitoring areas sprinkled within the no-entry zone. One spot four miles from the plant is on pace to get 116,800 microsieverts this year. Another spot five miles from the plant is on pace to get 3,900.

At no point during my time inside the no-go zone did I feel unsafe. But admittedly, that’s more a result of mindset than fact. Still, just to be safe, when I returned to my apartment in Tokyo, I took off my sneakers, dropped them into a plastic bag, and tossed them into a dumpster.

Three days later, I took a 12-hour flight from Tokyo to Washington, D.C, for the start of a vacation.

Because air travel brings with it a dose of cosmic radiation, I was exposed to roughly 100 microsieverts — five times my total exposure in the no-entry zone.

By Chico Harlan | 06:00 AM ET, 11/21/2011

http://www.washingtonpost.c...gIQAF5fLhN_blog.html
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Published: November 21st, 2011 at 05:44 PM EDT | Email Article Email Article
By ENENEWS Staff
10 comments
Strontium detected at several locations in Central Tokyo — Highest radiation of survey found outside Gov’t building

Sample Date: Oct. 6, 2011
Analysis Date: Oct. 26, 2011

Tokyo Location 1: Shrubbery in front of Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry

* Sr-89,90: 48 Bq/Kg
* Cs-137: 26,826 Bq
* Cs-134: 21,350 Bq
* Radiation dose: 1.38 uSv/h

Tokyo Location 2: Shrubbery near Kiyosumi Shirakawa train station

* Sr-89,90 : 44 Bq/ Kg
* Cs-137: 10,502 Bq
* Cs-134: 8,624 Bq
* Radiation dose: Approx. 0.60 uSv/h – 0.74 uSv/h

Tokyo Location 3: Shrubbery in front of Yurakucho train station

* Sr-89,90: 51 Bq/Kg
* Cs-137:11,545 Bq
* Cs-134: 9,410 Bq
* Radiation dose: Approx. 0.60 uSv/h

They measured strontium at 3 locations in Tokyo (one is at METI), Fukushima Diary, November 21, 2011:

* Locations picked randomly
* Strontium can be scattered everywhere in Tokyo

Radioactive Strontium Found in Central Tokyo, EX-SKF, Nov. 21, 2011:

Summary of reporting by Yasumi Iwakami, independent journalist: [...]

It’s a poetic justice that the amount of radioactive cesium is the highest at METI. I hear TEPCO’s headquarter building in Tokyo also enjoys rather high radiation.

Iwakami cautions that radioactive strontium may be confirmed to have come from Fukushima only after the detailed analysis at a laboratory that can separately measure strontium-89 and strontium-90. The presence of cesium-134 seems to prove that at least radioactive cesium found in the soil samples is of Fukushima origin. [...]

http://enenews.com/strontiu...utside-govt-building
PFF
System Bot
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Since you used 'ongoing', like its laughable, this should be preserved and brought back up 6 months from now. I am sure the disaster will still be going on.

1.6sv/h http://fukushima-diary.com/...28Fukushima+Diary%29

Yep, seems like its over to me. /sarcasm

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I'm sure Dennis doesn't know more than the nuclear engineers. I bet the 80,000 refugees from the world's second worse nuclear engineering screwup couldn't care less about what nuclear engineers have to say.

Exactly how many people with Doctorate degrees did I post that phonedawgz called wacko? lol Of, course i don't know more than Nuclear Engineers, but there are plenty of people in the industry that are in line with what I am saying, some of them with 30+ years in the industry, and at least one that worked for the IEAE. Its not like everyone in the nuclear industry agrees with phonedawgz, despite his trying. I would love him to take his typo and grammar attacks and hit everyone else in the forum, and watch how quickly that backfired on him. People would be pissed, because it is wacko.

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

You mean, the hundreds of square miles of homes, lands, and farms that 80,000 people were forcibly evicted from are now no longer contaminated? That's great news! They can start moving home tomorrow and begin rebuilding their lives like everyone else in Japan started doing eight and a half months ago since they no longer have ongoing radiation contamination of their homes and farms.

Edit to add: Found this while looking for specific square miles of evacuation zone:

Rest at this link: http://www.nytimes.com/2011...ld/asia/22japan.html

Yeah I know those words "rate of emission" are quite bit for you but maybe if you ask a grown up what they mean, that grown up will explain it to you.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 11-22-2011).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
When you mislead people as to how much radiation is being released from the plants then you get people thinking like this - back from a month ago

Originally posted by carnut122:

I'm glad it appears the government is reacting to the situation and has apparently started the clean-up. However, I have to wonder if they are thinking "why begin the clean-up when the 'fallout' is still continuing?" per some sources . And, possibly thinking, "until the reactors are properly under control, cleaning up now will only result in re-doing the same work later." It's probably a no-win situation. I have to agree that they need to prioritize clean-up based on exposure/risk factors.

Yes the plant is still releasing radioactivity. No it is no where near the amount it was at first. It is 13 million times less than the peak.

And no Jazzman just because the plant is releasing 13 million times less than the peak doesn't mean what was released hos somehow magically gone away. Try reading and comprehending the facts of the story.

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Yes many of your posts were quoting anti-nuke wackos who are quite willing to mis-represent the facts so they can tell their slanted story.

Also pretty much everyone posting on the forum knows to use a period, question mark, or exclamation point to end their sentences and capitalization to start a new one. It makes it easier for the readers to be able to comprehend what is said.

I don't understand why you are trying to defend your lack of using them.

Exactly how many people with Doctorate degrees did I post that phonedawgz called wacko? lol Of, course i don't know more than Nuclear Engineers, but there are plenty of people in the industry that are in line with what I am saying, some of them with 30+ years in the industry, and at least one that worked for the IEAE. Its not like everyone in the nuclear industry agrees with phonedawgz, despite his trying. I would love him to take his typo and grammar attacks and hit everyone else in the forum, and watch how quickly that backfired on him. People would be pissed, because it is wacko.

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

Yes many of your posts were quoting anti-nuke wackos who are quite willing to mis-represent the facts so they can tell their slanted story.

Also pretty much everyone posting on the forum knows to use a period, question mark, or exclamation point to end their sentences and capitalization to start a new one. It makes it easier for the readers to be able to comprehend what is said.

I don't understand why you are trying to defend your lack of using them.

I am quite sure, you can find at least 75% of the members that make typos, if you looked.
You do realize I work monday to friday 8 to 5? Any post made during that time is on my phone, a phone that does not have a qwerty keyboard. Post made from it will not be capitalized, or use proper punctuation. Cycling through the function and symbol keys to make you happy, is not worth it.

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 11-22-2011).]

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

dennis_6

7196 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Radiation covers 8pc of Japan

By North Asia correspondent Mark Willacy

Updated November 22, 2011 12:12:55

The Fukushima plant went into meltdown after a massive earthquake and tsunami hit the country in March.

Japan's science ministry says 8 per cent of the country's surface area has been contaminated by radiation from the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant.

It says more than 30,000 square kilometres of the country has been blanketed by radioactive caesium.

The ministry says most of the contamination was caused by four large plumes of radiation spewed out by the Fukushima nuclear plant in the first two weeks after meltdowns.

The government says some of the radioactive material fell with rain and snow, leaving the affected areas with accumulations of more than 10,000 becquerels of caesium per square metre.

Last week tests found unsafe levels of radioactive contamination in recently harvested rice from the Fukushima region.

The levels of radioactive caesium were measured at 630 becquerels per kilogram, above the maximum allowable level of 500 becquerels.

Officials from Fukushima prefecture have now asked all rice farmers in the district to suspend shipments.

There have been a series of scares over radiation in food in Japan in recent months; in products such as beef, mushrooms and green tea, but never before in the country's staple, rice.

Authorities have also begun testing soil in some Tokyo playgrounds and schools for traces of radioactive contamination.

Many people in Japan have purchased their own Geiger counters to monitor radiation levels around them.

The Fukushima plant went into meltdown after a massive earthquake and tsunami hit the country in March.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/...6324/?site=melbourne
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

And no Jazzman just because the plant is releasing 13 million times less than the peak doesn't mean what was released hos somehow magically gone away. Try reading and comprehending the facts of the story.

I have read and comprehended the facts of most all of the stories posted in this thread just fine, phonedawgz, have been doing so for the last nearly nine months. My post was being sarcastic, which you so painfully and obviously missed completely, because I felt that your comments seemed to be overly minimizing the severity of the Fukushima disaster. In fact, that's what you've been doing all along in this thread, ignoring the bad parts and playing up the "good" parts as much as you can, apparently in a bid to foster a (false) impression that the Fukushima disaster isn't really as bad as the "media" has made it out to be. You've also continually attacked, directly and indirectly, anyone who posts here that doesn't agree with you. You insinuate, lie, and mischaracterize, distort, and attack others honor and integrity, disparaging them at every turn, never missing an opportunity to deride them.

In fact, you do all the negative things that politicians do in political races, all to win some victory. What victory? I'm guessing you want this thread to die, to go away, so that nuclear power will somehow stop getting a black eye from this engineering catastrophe. I can't think of any other reason why you so viciously go after those who don't share your glisteningly positive (and IMHO completely ignorant) outlook toward uranium fission power generation.

Well guess what? This isn't a political race. There are no candidates running for office here. There are 80,000 nuclear refugees in Japan whose lives are ruined, whose homes are ruined, whose businesses are ruined, whose farms are ruined, whose schools are ruined, whose communities are ruined. Many are elderly, so they will die as refugees in the coming years and decades, die in some strange place that's not their home. Thousands of small business owners, you know, like the ones in this country that you claim you care so much about, have been ruined there, driven away from their businesses, their customers driven away from their markets. Nearly nine months later it continues. Rice farmers there are being told to not ship their work product to market. Most of those rice farmers are small businesses, and now they're out of business. They are the reality, not your skewed (and screwed up) understanding of the reality of this technology.

Apparently 8 percent of the entire land area of Japan is contaminated. Eight percent. That's a staggering number. I honestly think that the resources to decontaminate all of that area simply do not exist, that there just isn't enough money in the entire Japanese economy to fully remediate this disaster.

Though you seem to find 80,000 thousand permanent refugees and eight percent of the nation of Japan contaminated from one nuclear malfunction to be an acceptable cost of doing business, I don't, and I am pretty sure that the people of Japan don't either, regardless of your bleating and mewling about how good and wonderful and safe and clean this technology is. They're living the truth that puts the lie to your words. They know better, and those of us who choose to learn from their experiences (unlike you who seems so desparate to remain ignorant) are beginning to know better as well.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Sorry when I bring this 'discussion' back to the actual facts that you consider it to be ' overly minimizing the severity of the Fukushima disaster.'

It's that I don't buy into the wacko liberal thinking. I'd rather just try to understand what is really going on instead.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 64 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock