Started on: 03-19-2008 06:30 PM
Replies: 85
Last post by: USFiero on 01-04-2013 09:46 AM
OKflyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
[Edit] Things have changed... see more recent posts below[/Edit]

...and what I now want to base my DIY RT design on.

The Trirod -

http://www.trirodmotorcycles.com/

Check out a video of her in action here:

http://www.trirodmotorcycle...drenaline_video.html

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 04-14-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
All yours for the low low price of about $55,000.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

All yours for the low low price of about $55,000.

Agreed, the price is unbelievably steep, but I don't want to buy one, I want to build my own.
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2008 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-20-2008 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
They don't show you much in the high-speed twistees for a reason.
That backend breaks out too easy.
Without leaning, the front has to much grip for the rearend.

I'm just guessing, of coarse.

I'm sure it's a great fun ride, just not the "cornering racecar" they are portraying.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2008 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
That plus others can be found at http://reversetrike.com/ready-to-ride.html

I like the Triking

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 03-20-2008).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
OK. So I've found the platform and have the idea in my head for modification.

The basic design will be lifted from a "SportCycle" seen below but honestly, the awkward looking body on these things just ruins it for me:

but if we take a look at one without its "skin", you can see the potential. Hell, I think this one looks flat-out SEXY just like that, (kinda reminds me of the Ariel Atom) why ruin it with a stupid looking body? But hey, that's just me...

ANYWAY, You can see at this incomplete stage its RIPE for the modifications I have in mind:

- don't bother with a floorboard
- create a mount for a chopper-style saddle (obviously higher off the ground then where the Sportcycle designer intended, probably about as high as where the higher square tubing sits in the above pic)
- Raise the steering column height, axe the steering wheel and fit with handle bars
- don't bother with an automotive 3-pedal system, keep the bike controls

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 03-21-2008).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2008 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
what are the respective merits of the two wheels in front vs in back? i have a little project in mind for 3-4-5 years down the line, and it may move in the trike direction for simplicity's and lightness' sake, but not if it means sacrificing stability or control.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

what are the respective merits of the two wheels in front vs in back? i have a little project in mind for 3-4-5 years down the line, and it may move in the trike direction for simplicity's and lightness' sake, but not if it means sacrificing stability or control.

If you've got some time to read, here's a great article about 3-wheeled vehicle handling characteristics:

http://www.rqriley.com/3-wheel.htm
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

If you've got some time to read, here's a great article about 3-wheeled vehicle handling characteristics:

thanks, i'll give it a look-see
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
I still dont see why people build the reverse trikes... they are kind of cool, but I would think 4 wheels would be better for handling... unless it is still like a bike and you can still lean in turns...

I'd rather build something with 4 wheels and a cage myself, kind of how they build a dune buggy... but for on-road instead (go-kart on steriods)
PFF
System Bot
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJ7:

I still dont see why people build the reverse trikes... they are kind of cool, but I would think 4 wheels would be better for handling... unless it is still like a bike and you can still lean in turns...

I'd rather build something with 4 wheels and a cage myself, kind of how they build a dune buggy... but for on-road instead (go-kart on steriods)

There's several reasons to build a RT vs. a four wheeled car.

1) A properly designed Reverse Trike will OUTHANDLE just about anything on the road.

Read the link I provided lurker about 3-wheeled handling.

2) Most RTs keeps the motorcycle almost intact. This means you have the motor, transmission, fuel tank, all electronics (blinkers, etc), drivewheel, all ready in a neat little package.

3) A RT can keep the motorcycle registration. SCV (Specially Constructed Vehicle) tags are a b?tch to get, and the vehicles themselves are a b?tch to insure once you get the tag.

4) They're a relatively small investment. Most of the RTs I've seen and wanted were built with less than $10K

5) They're just plain radical looking, and many people (myself included) like the weird looking stuff.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 03-21-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
http://www.mride.se/Mride_t42home1.html

The T42 turbo trike design. It is a trike based on a suzuki GSX-R 1000 -01 motorcycle that I have built a turbokit to. The engine power is 280hp, and it weighs 460kg = 600hp/tone!! Type of vehicle: Threewheeled motorcycle with body. Engine: Suzuki GSX-R 1000 -01 TURBO. Dimentions: Total length: 445cm. Weight: 460kg with fuel and no driver. Total width: 217cm. Wheelbase: 312cm. Hight: 110cm. Engine power: 280bhp, ~190nm. Front Suspension: Öhlins shockabsorbers, Pushrod. RC: at 100mm. = 25% antiroll. Rear Suspension: Rebuilt Suzuki absorber. Turnradius: 13,7m. Steering: 1,9 turns (side-side). Maximal lateral acc: 1,55G (before tipping over). Passengers: 2. Performance: 25km/h - 200km/h= 9sek.(driver + passenger and wheelspin to 180km/h ). Topspeed: 300km/h. Seats: TILLETT racing T250 seats. Airodynamics: AirForce racing rear wing- Gives upto 186kg DF (down force) at 300km/h.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
2003 Car and Driver article about the Sportcycle (back when they were selling kits, and calling it the Indycycle. Now they sell plans and a few parts, but no longer kits.)

http://www.sportcycle.info/...river_april_2003.pdf
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
If you really want the ability to turn fast, You'd get more bracing with the sit in kind vs the bike type. You would have to do alot of counterbalancing to physically turn the Trirod, especially thru multiple twisties, at over 1g.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003
THIS is more along the lines of what I would like, different engine and more open bodywork though:

http://www.blackjackzero.com/mainindex.htm
Light, compact and reduced to essentials the Zero evokes the purposefulness of a big bike, a fighter plane or sports racing car. Its character and individuality leave in no doubt that its form has been dictated by function.

Its HAMMERHEAD layout puts the drive, the power, a large proportion of the weight and roll stiffness at the front where it belongs. Single rear wheel drive trikes too often display alarming characteristics where the rear threatens and can overwhelm in a variety of ways.

With the Zero, the planted bit of the car does the work, the rear trails obediently and faithfully contributing the least possible weight and an absolute minimum of roll effect and weight transference from the rear. Result; an ultra compact car that is instantly responsive, lightly loaded and tremendously quick as it unlocks the maximum potential of its comparatively modest powerplant.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 03-22-2008).]

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
I think I'd have to drive one before I believed the handling.... just doesnt seem like it would handle that well having all the support up front for turning.. now if it were to lean into the turn that would be different.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

If you really want the ability to turn fast, You'd get more bracing with the sit in kind vs the bike type. You would have to do alot of counterbalancing to physically turn the Trirod, especially thru multiple twisties, at over 1g.

That's very true, and something I had been pondering myself. I'm thinking with a Chopper-modified Sportcycle high-G cornering wouldn't be as much of a concern. Granted I would still want something that's not going to tip over at the drop of the hat... Another thing I've learned after studying the Sportcycle over the past couple of days is that the Sportcycle is a very well thought out vehicle. The designer, Jim Musser, didn't just weld some stuff together and call it a trike. I'm wondering about the viability of modifying this design to suit my purposes after all. What I've found is that I really like my design idea but I also really like the Sportcycle. I''m going to go forward but if in my calculations I cannot make the Chopper-mods the way I had intended I will probably just go ahead and make a Sportcycle (minus the stupid looking body...)

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 03-22-2008).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

OKflyboy

6607 posts
Member since Nov 2004

THIS is more along the lines of what I would like, different engine and more open bodywork though:

http://www.blackjackzero.com/mainindex.htm

<snip>

The Zero is a fine machine. I've developed a real fascination with all RTs over the past few years. However, it's just not what I want to build. I'm trying to stick with a design that keeps the motorcycle chassis more or less intact. I don't mind welding a bit here or there, but I'm really hoping to keep the mechanical fabrication to a minimum.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

OKflyboy

6607 posts
Member since Nov 2004

Originally posted by AJ7:

I think I'd have to drive one before I believed the handling.... just doesnt seem like it would handle that well having all the support up front for turning.. now if it were to lean into the turn that would be different.

I understand you skepticism. Trikes have a real nasty reputation, some of it deserved. But most of those that deserved it were also very poorly designed.

To quote Robert Q. Riley:

A conventional, non-tilting three wheel car can equal the rollover resistance of a four wheel car, provided the location of the center-of-gravity (cg) is low and near the side-by-side wheels. Like a four wheel vehicle, a three-wheeler's margin of safety against rollover is determined by its L/H ratio, or the half-tread (L) in relation to the cg height (H). Unlike a four-wheeler, however, a three-wheeler's half-tread is determined by the relationship between the actual tread (distance between the side-by-side wheels) and the longitudinal location of the cg, which translates into an "effective" half-tread. The effective half-tread can be increased by placing the side-by-side wheels farther apart, by locating the cg closer to the side-by-side wheels, and to a lesser degree by increasing the wheelbase. Rollover resistance increases when the effective half-tread is increased and when the cg lowered, both of which increase the L/H ratio.

So there's more to it then putting a couple of wheels in front of a motorcycle, or putting a "trike kit" (turns the single rear wheel into two) on a Goldwing and expecting it to react the same is if it was still a motorcycle. There's a lot of planning that goes into properly designing a RT.

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I still prefer this one.
http://www.t-rexvehicles.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38TFetQAe2o

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 03-22-2008).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I still prefer this one.
http://www.t-rexvehicles.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38TFetQAe2o

Heck yeah!

A T-Rex started it all for me. Saw a T-Rex once a few years back, said "What the hell was THAT?" Went home, googled, found out about RTs, and have been hooked since.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
If you didn't live in the middle of OK I'd say go for a test ride on a Can Am Spyder but the closest dealer is in CO. Do you plan on coming to the 25th show?
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

If you didn't live in the middle of OK I'd say go for a test ride on a Can Am Spyder but the closest dealer is in CO. Do you plan on coming to the 25th show?

Unfortunately no on the 25th. I love the Spyder too, but again, not what I want (sensing a theme? LOL)
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

So there's more to it then putting a couple of wheels in front of a motorcycle, or putting a "trike kit" (turns the single rear wheel into two) on a Goldwing and expecting it to react the same is if it was still a motorcycle. There's a lot of planning that goes into properly designing a RT.

Wish I could quote your whole post.
With the engine hanging in front, the wheelbase won't have to be long. Also the weight is more by the side by side wheels. When the trike has seating for 2, the width of the wheels is normally wider. FWD does have problems but with what we know about it, it might be a more understanding and forgiving powerdrive.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Wish I could quote your whole post.
With the engine hanging in front, the wheelbase won't have to be long. Also the weight is more by the side by side wheels. When the trike has seating for 2, the width of the wheels is normally wider. FWD does have problems but with what we know about it, it might be a more understanding and forgiving powerdrive.

Oh, I'm not disputing the benefits as much as the styling, superficial though it may sound, I just don't really like the way they look... That and the mechanical aspect, I like the idea of being able to leave to motorcycle chassis intact, and the extent of the fabrication being lengthening control cables and such...
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Still on track.

Had Jury duty last week then lost my job Thursday so things are a bit hectic 'round these parts but I'm about ready to start to collecting parts and tools.

I have officially decided to bench my design changes and build the Sportcycle as designed (minus the silly looking body). I still think my ideas have merit, but I'd rather have a successful build under my belt before I start changing things.

Tool-wise, I need to buy a welder, drill press and chop saw.

Then I'm going to buy the needed steel plus a bit extra to play with. There's no welding classes available right now, but my brother's a decent welder and has convinced me that with his guidance I could pick up MIG quickly enough on my own and probably don't need a class.

There are several expensive parts needed, the steering knuckles are about $500 for the pair, the Wilwood brakes and hubs are about another $500 and of course there's the donor bike which will be a grand minimum so there's going to be a lot of saving between buying each of the major parts.

my "motivational" poster -

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 04-13-2008).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
what are you guys using to design? software? pen and paper? tape measure and hacksaw?
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

what are you guys using to design? software? pen and paper? tape measure and hacksaw?

The design was originally created by Jim Musser, a former GM engineer. Info about the Sportcycle can be found here:

http://sportcycle.info/introduction.htm

In 2003 Car and Driver wrote a review about the Sportcycle (back when they were selling kits, and calling it the Indycycle. Now they sell plans and a few parts, but no longer kits.)

http://www.caranddriver.com...es_indycycle_feature

Again, my first version will be different only in that it will have the fibergalss body eliminated (simply because I think it looks stupid). The second version? Don't know yet. The changes will definitely be on paper first, but I feel I need something tangible to put my hands (and a tape measure) on first before I'm ready to start putting it on paper. Not to mention I may build the first one and love it so much that I don't want to change it...

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 04-13-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Save on the bike, get this: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/640170399.html You can sell the parts not needed and get your money back.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 04-14-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
You can say what you like, and choose to believe whatever you like, it's your hind-end.

That kind of tail-dragger configuration is inherintly unstable.

Ever hear of a ground loop?

They are wicked when they happen at 30mph.

Go out to any airport and see if you can pay somebody to take you on a few groundloops in a taildragger. I'll pay for your ride, if you can get one.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by opm2000:

You can say what you like, and choose to believe whatever you like, it's your hind-end.

That kind of tail-dragger configuration is inherintly unstable.

Ahh, but I don't need to "believe what I want", I have science to back me up...

My understanding of ground loops as they pertain to aircraft (having an electronics background I immediately thought of something else) is they occur when the center of gravity is placed too high and too far aft of the forward landing gear.

As I've already stated above, the key to keeping a reverse trike stable is to place the center of gravity as low and as close to the front wheels as possible. If this were to be ignored, then I suppose a "ground loop" would be possible. But then I thought I'd already mentioned that this particular RT had been designed with its CG such to avoid that situation.

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

OKflyboy

6607 posts
Member since Nov 2004

Save on the bike, get this: http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/640170399.html You can sell the parts not needed and get your money back.

Actually, I've been following it for over a month, he's dropped the price 2 times now. I had planned on looking at it, till I lost my job last week. Then I read this:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/639588040.html

I would not pay any more than $50 for this bike. I took a look at it and there is way more wrong than specified. Ignition switch broken. No key so you can't open fuel tank. Wiring hacked up. Carbs hanging off of it. Way to much work is needed on this bike. He says great compression but I can crank the engine over by hand. There is just way to much wrong with it. One carb boot is ripped and the beather box is gone. SIde covers are missing.

Now this one, I'm still very interested in:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/624611148.html

1986 Suzuki gsxr 750 needs work runs but has not got it started in a couple of days. Great project bike for first line of sport bikes lovers.. Yoshimira pipe, been down before. Like I said great project bike..$700.00 OBO/Will trade for a 78-80's cruiser!!

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
OKflyboy, are you still going to build this? Any updates?
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

OKflyboy, are you still going to build this? Any updates?

Thanks for reminding me! The loss of my previous job then a brief unemployment spell forced my money to other priorities. Back on track job-wise though. Still hoping to build soon.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 07-21-2008).]

nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Direct Link to This Post
Why have 3 wheels when all you need is two.... side by side!

Check this out!
http://www.popsci.com/scite...e-wheeled-motorcycle

------------------
87 coupe resoration project.

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I've been a long time fan of the T-Rex. Built in Quebec.

Check these stats. There is unlikely to ever be a Fiero to touch it, and precious few other vehicles on the public roads.

Arn

ZZR1200 Powered (2003-2006)

* Horsepower: 175 hp (130 kW) @ 10500 rpm
* Torque: 99 lb·ft (134 N·m) @ 7500 rpm
* Acceleration 0-60 mph: 4.1 seconds
* 1/4 Mile: 8.32 sec
* Top speed: 140 mph (230 km/h)
* Braking Distance 100 mph (200 km/h)-0: 305 feet (93 m)
* Chassis: Multi-tubular steel chassis frame.
* Body: Reinforced fiberglass plastic-sandwich construction, carbon fiber windscreens and headrests.
* Cockpit: Side-by-side 2-person seating, adjustable backs, adjustable foot-pedal box, 3-point retractable safety belts.
* Width: 78 in(1981 mm)
* Length: 138 in (3500 mm)
* Height: 42 in (1067 mm)
* Dry Weight: 900 lb (410 kg)
* Engine: Kawasaki 1164 cc inline 4 cylinder, DOHC
* Transmission: Sequential 6-Speed gearbox with reverse.
* Steering: Rack and pinion
* Front suspension: Unequal opposed triangular arms, adjustable dampers with coil overs, sway bar.
* Rear suspension: Swinging arm, dual adjustable dampers with coil overs.
* Front Wheels: 2003-2005: Aluminum 7 inch x 15 inch - 2006: Aluminum 7 inch x 16 inch
* Rear Wheel: 2003-2005: Aluminum 11 inch x 17 inch - 2006: Aluminum 10 inch x 17 inch
* Front Tires: 2003-2005: 195/50/ZR15 - 2006: 205/45/ZR16
* Rear Tire: 2003-2005: 315/35/ZR17 - 2006: 285/40/ZR17
* Front Brakes: 11 inch (280 mm) Cross-drilled discs, 4-piston aluminum calipers.
* Rear Brake: 10 inch (254 mm) Cross-drilled disc, 2-piston aluminum caliper.
* Lateral Acceleration: over 1 g (10 m/s²)
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayDirect Link to This Post
Some of those numbers might be right, but unless that isn't a stock t rex, and a new one at that, it should be running a 13.8 in the 1/4.

Any chance you got 1/8th mile time?

Don't mean this to be saying you are wrong, but the numbers didn't seam to work in my head.

Chris

*edit... i take that back... and.... D*MN!!!!... i didn't scroll far enough down on wikipedia

[This message has been edited by eph_kay (edited 07-21-2008).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock