Started on: 01-17-2012 10:12 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 01-20-2012 05:38 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
http://smallestminority.blo...-this-is-recoil.html

I was hoping this would come out as a semi-automatic with the option to go full but, I doubt I could hold it on the target.

------------------
Ron
The key thing is to wake up breathing! All the rest can be fixed. (Except Stupid - You can't fix that)
Always remember these words of wisdom.

"The Lord must truly love fools, for he made them in abundance."

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2012 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Now WHAT the hell would ya do with that thing outside the range?...Hunt a T-Rex ???
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Warning- Do not use this weapon if you have a pacemaker.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
If semi or full, the recoil would be decreased-not that you would significantly notice in this case tho.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Great reading the comments!

At some point someone will be able to truthfully say, "The recoil from my rifle will do more damage than the target end of that pitiful excuse for a purse gun."

LMAO!!!!
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Now WHAT the hell would ya do with that thing outside the range?...Hunt a T-Rex ???

One should not announce one's intentions if those intentions could be construed in some what of a gray area of the law. Not that I'd do anything like that but, it's be nice to have it in the gun case, just in case. Castle laws do allow taking the target out once it's on yer neighbor's property don't they?

------------------
Ron
The key thing is to wake up breathing! All the rest can be fixed. (Except Stupid - You can't fix that)

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
A gun that can kill the user, and the target...............I want one!

Jim
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
I'll see your gun, and raise you a 2 gauge.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 01-18-2012).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

One should not announce one's intentions if those intentions could be construed in some what of a gray area of the law. Not that I'd do anything like that but, it's be nice to have it in the gun case, just in case. Castle laws do allow taking the target out once it's on yer neighbor's property don't they?

Still, nice to have should 'something' break into your rec room.

Right Burt?

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
That’s not a rifle, it’s a hand held howitzer. Christ
Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 01-18-2012).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
If you use a beer can for a bb gun, I suppose you should use an engine block as your target for that thing!
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
.950 JDJ
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (September 2010)
.950 JDJ

Type Rifle
Place of origin United States
Production history
Designer J. D. Jones
Manufacturer SSK Industries
Specifications
Parent case 20 x 102 mm Vulcan
Bullet diameter 0.950 in (24.13 mm)
Case length 4 in (101.6 mm)
Ballistic performance
Bullet weight/type Velocity Energy
3,600 gr (230 g) 2,200 ft/s (670 m/s) 38,685 ft·lbf (52,450 J)
The .950 JDJ is a large caliber rifle cartridge developed by J. D. Jones of SSK Industries. Jones is also the noted developer of many other well-known cartridges, such as the Whisper family.
Contents
1 Cartridge
2 Rifles
3 Ballistics
4 See also
5 Notes
6 External links
Cartridge

The .950 JDJ is the world's largest, and most powerful caliber rifle cartridge.[citation needed] Loaded .950 JDJ cartridges are approximately the length of an empty .50 BMG casing (i.e., 4"), and are based on a 20x102mm case shortened and necked up to accept the .950" bullet.[1] Projectiles are custom-made and most commonly weigh 3,600 grains (230 g) which is 8.2 ounces or over half a pound.[2]
Rifles

As its name implies, rifles chambered for the cartridge have a bore diameter of 0.950", which would normally classify them as Destructive Devices under the 1968 (1934) National Firearms Act. However, SSK sought and received a "Sporting Use Exception" to de-regulate the rifles, meaning they can be purchased like any other Title I rifle by a person over age 18 with no felonious criminal record.[citation needed] The rifles themselves, of which only a handful have been made, use McMillan stocks and extraordinarily thick Krieger barrels bearing an 18 lb (8.2 kg) muzzle brake. Overall, depending on options, the rifles weigh from 80 to 110 pounds (36 to 50 kg) and are therefore only useful for shooting from a bench rest or heavy bipod.[3] Despite the weight, recoil is significant, and shooters must be sure to choose components (i.e., scopes and bipods) that can handle the abuse. The sheer size and weight of these weapons makes them impractical for hunting use, as they cannot be carried afield. Thus, they are largely "range queens"—rifles that are brought to the range for a fun time, but not usually used for hunting or other "more practical" uses. Additionally, the cost of owning and operating such a firearm is beyond most shooters; the rifles cost ~US$8,000, loaded cartridges are $40 each, and the individual lathe-turned bronze bullets are $10 apiece.[4]
Ballistics

The cartridge propels its 3,600 gr (230 g) bullet at approximately 2,200 ft/s (670 m/s). This yields a muzzle energy of 38,685 ft·lbf (52,450 J)[1] and a momentum of 154.1 Newton-seconds. This kinetic energy would allow the .950 JDJ to pass through several body-armored humans. It is comparable to the original tank rounds of World War I in terms of ballistic energy.
By comparison, the 5.56x45 cartridge, used in the M16 rifle, produces between 1,200–1,300 ft·lbf (1,600–1,800 J), while the .308 Winchester, a favorite for hunters and medium-range police/military sniping, produces between 2,000–3,000 ft·lbf (2,700–4,100 J) depending on the load used. The ballistics of the .950 JDJ is more similar to that of the 20mm autocannon round, which delivers approximately 39,500 ft·lbf (53,600 J). The muzzle energy of the .950 JDJ is comparable to the kinetic energy of a 2,800 lb (1,300 kg) automobile traveling at 20 mph (32 km/h).
In a 110 lb (50 kg) rifle, this will develop well over 200 ft·lbf (270 J) of free recoil energy if an efficient muzzle brake is not used. This is far beyond the shoulder-firing capacity of nearly all humans, even without considering the difficulty of shouldering such a heavy rifle. Shooting is usually heavy "lead sled" or similar shooting rest, and the rifle is not held to the shoulder because of the severe recoil and possible injury. The rifle scope has significant eye relief to avoid injuring the ocular orbit.
See also
jetman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Goodness gravy, me and four cats flinched when that monster was shot. Wow, that was pretty cool, thanks for posting that, I'm still laughing at that.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Still, nice to have should 'something' break into your rec room.

Right Burt?

Burt? Who's Burt? Or, am asking a question I really don't want to know the answer to?

OK, I'll bite, who's Burt?

------------------
Ron

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Burt? Who's Burt? Or, am asking a question I really don't want to know the answer to?

OK, I'll bite, who's Burt?

Even though I'm sure you're joking...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Gummer

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 01-18-2012).]

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Dang Ron, never though you were into this kind of fire power... LOL
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
12 gauge 3 inch mag shells produce over 60 foot pounds, so if you want to see what half the recoil is like.
Get a double barrel 12 gauge and fire both barrels at the same time with 3 inch mag shells.
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
I bought an over/under to skeet shoot and the first time I pulled the trigger it as a painfull experiance cause both barrels fired at once. Not unberable mind you but double that I would have to say would plain out hurt! LOL

Rob D.

Originally posted by dennis_6:

12 gauge 3 inch mag shells produce over 60 foot pounds, so if you want to see what half the recoil is like.
Get a double barrel 12 gauge and fire both barrels at the same time with 3 inch mag shells.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Even though I'm sure you're joking...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Gummer

Actually, I wasn't, no idea who Burt is/was. They won't let me out much, or often. But, when I do get out, I have some fun. At least until they catch up with me. Then we start all over again.

------------------
Ron

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Actually, I wasn't, no idea who Burt is/was. They won't let me out much, or often. But, when I do get out, I have some fun. At least until they catch up with me. Then we start all over again.

Burt's my HERO!! *gush* *faint*
Ventura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VenturaSend a Private Message to VenturaDirect Link to This Post
This is my favorite recoil video........

http://www.youtube.com/watc...Ezss&feature=related
PFF
System Bot
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

I bought an over/under to skeet shoot and the first time I pulled the trigger it as a painfull experiance cause both barrels fired at once. Not unberable mind you but double that I would have to say would plain out hurt! LOL

Rob D.

Always pull the rear trigger before the front. lol
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

LOL That would be fine but it only has ONE trigger....hehehehe

The inertia mechanism needed some work...Shoots nice now....

Originally posted by dennis_6:

Always pull the rear trigger before the front. lol

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock