Started on: 12-23-2011 04:51 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: tbone42 on 12-28-2011 09:23 PM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I never would have thought that a pair of sneakers was going to be the "must get" item of 2011 Christmas wish list.

Reports coming across the country today, including my home town, of people getting trampled, fights breaking out, gun shots, rowdy crowds being pepper sprayed and the whole works...just for a pair of Air Jordans, which by the way cost $200.

A mall right down the street from where I live, there were three arrests, several injuries (including a small child that was knocked down and ran over and broke his nose) as a mob stormed in the mall to rush to Foot Locker, Finish Line and all the other shoe stores selling Air Jordans.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
Um, they only cost $180 :P
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Video of the madness.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com...-Ugly-20111223-am-sd

Does it make me a racist that I knew the video would be of a bunch of blacks before watching the video?

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 12-23-2011).]

Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-23-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:
Does it make me a racist that I knew the video would be of a bunch of blacks before watching the video?

Absolutely not. I knew the same thing just reading the title of the thread.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry.

I really do not understand what the fascination is with this shoe. I never have understood it with Jordans. I'm also not willing to pay $180 (or more, like many have paid) for something that I'm going to wear out in literally no time at all (I'm very rough on every pair of shoes I've ever owned, no matter the brand). It's stupid. Most of the ones I have seen look utterly ridiculous anyway. Like that plastic shiny crap that's being put on sneakers makes shoes look incredibly gaudy.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Reports coming across the country today, including my home town, of people getting trampled, fights breaking out, gun shots, rowdy crowds being pepper sprayed and the whole works...just for a pair of Air Jordans, which by the way cost $200.

Is it the 90's again? I remember this happening regularly back when I lived around Detroit. People would be shot and killed over a stupid pair of sneakers.

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 12-23-2011).]

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello and first time Ive seen Potential Customers running INTO a store, while holding their pants up with one hand.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure if you look closely, you'll see 'Obama and his lady friend Michelle going for them shoes too. Screw peace in the middle east when you can wrestle yourself to some free sneakers. That is, if it doesn't conflict with your golf schedule. FREE SHOES, YES WE CAN! Another OBAMA success story.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

No, particularly if you expected white people if it was for a stupid toy or something like that. Different groups go crazy for different things.

My wife mentioned "Black peple going crazy over sneakers." last night. My 14 year old daughter laughed, then stopped and said, "Wait, what sneakers?"
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
Hey look they're on Ebay already! Only $500.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201...&hash=item2317d1df1f

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I know there is a sucker out there. $500 for a pair of "sneakers"? The last time I bought "sneakers" they were $12 at Walmart, and I thought that they were too pricey.
PFF
System Bot
Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post

No.

Of course they didn't show all the white trash in Alabama rushing Bubba's Beer Mart for the brand new limited edition 'Merican Flag Budweisers!

~ Derek
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
While I think that the rushing in to the store and trampling people is ludacris and outrageous, I think that a lot of people are missing the point.

These aren't just "sneakers". They aren't even just Jordans.

They are a collector's item. 98% of all these shoes will never be worn. They are already going for 500 bucks on ebay, and in the coming years they will probably be double that.

There are A LOT of people that collect vintage shoes and especially Nikes and ESPECIALLY Jordans.

It's no different than there being a limited edition figurine from your favorite movie that sells out within minutes of it going up on the web. There is just no retail location for these people to rush in to.

People collect all kinds of things and when they find the one piece of their collection that they have been looking for, or been wanting for a long time, it's natural that some people will go a little crazy when they come avaliable.

They aren't just some "sneakers".
FairladyZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FairladyZClick Here to visit FairladyZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FairladyZDirect Link to This Post
This is why I don't Christmas shop....at ALL!! The few gifts I buy, I buy online...and thats only for my wife. Everyone else is lucky to get a card from me.

This crap is beyond stupid and ridiculous!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by normsf:

Hello and first time Ive seen Potential Customers running INTO a store, while holding their pants up with one hand.

Rofl

I don't call myself a sneakerhead or anything, but I like buying pairs that are unique in their own way. I buy mostly Nike SBs, and despite how much some of them cost- I've managed to never spend over $100 on a pair. I don't buy them to make any sort of statement about the sneakers I can afford, I don't buy them based on trends.. I just love some of the patterns and designs, timeless styling IMO.

Jordans in general are ridiculously gaudy and look like crap IMO. I understand the collectable value- but ehh its such an ugly looking sneaker.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ive never paid more than $20 or so for any pair of shoes. Usually I catch them on sale for like $12-$15 at KMart.
FairladyZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FairladyZClick Here to visit FairladyZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FairladyZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Ive never paid more than $20 or so for any pair of shoes. Usually I catch them on sale for like $12-$15 at KMart.

I paid $175 for a pair of Doc Martens high tops about 12 years ago. I wore them today....that's how long they've lasted, and they're still in excellent shape. They're on their third set of laces.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
That dont prove a thing. Ive got a pair of velcro closure Tom Mcann loafers I got at KMart for $18 that i still wear almost every day in the shop. They dont even need laces, but i did have to glue on some new velcro once. Their around 12 years old. They did get so nastly looking, I put a coat of black vinyl paint on them. I also have a pair of Chinese KMart ankle boots I wear in winter that are over 10 years old and cost less than $20. Theres hardly even any visible wear on the soles. Ive got more than one pair of $10 sneakers that are prob 5-6 years old. I havent bought a pair of shoes except house slippers in last 5 years.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
I sense a lack of fashion sense running rampant in this thread .

Its the same deal as with watches or cars, some like Rolls Royces and Rolexes for either the collectable/ nostalgic value or the status it shows off.

Saying that you're cheap/ frugal proves what point? I'm not a Jordan/ Nike fan in general, but I don't condemn people for wanting a high end pair of sneakers. Do I think its stupid? Yes, but I don't think I'm superior because I can walk around on shoes I bought for $20 which serve the same purpose.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Im not any smarter, i just dont spend as much money on needless stuff...If someone wants to spend $200 for a pair of shoes, theyre not any smarter either. I just prefer to buy a $20 pair and have $180 left to do something else with.
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
You want to hear a funnier story. There was an earlier release on black friday. A kid i work with was up at 3am to get them. hen he heard about this release and was so mad. I just lauged and said whats the deal with these things they all look the same in two months when there falling apart.
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I sense a lack of fashion sense running rampant in this thread .

Its the same deal as with watches or cars, some like Rolls Royces and Rolexes for either the collectable/ nostalgic value or the status it shows off.

Saying that you're cheap/ frugal proves what point? I'm not a Jordan/ Nike fan in general, but I don't condemn people for wanting a high end pair of sneakers. Do I think its stupid? Yes, but I don't think I'm superior because I can walk around on shoes I bought for $20 which serve the same purpose.

You make a good point, but these are far from "High End Sneakers", they are the same quality as the crappy Dollar Store shoe anymore. In the 80's, and early 90's they were high end, but so were Pioneer Stereo's.

Brad

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Agreed, I was defending the idea of spending that much money on a high end pair. I think Jordans are crap and most of the people who buy them are idiots lol. I'll stick to my Nike Sbs- they also aren't the most durable of the bunch, but every once in a while you can find a pair that has tasteful styling with a classic retro look that doesn't break the bank (most of the time, a buddy I know has pairs that go for $1500 a pop).
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-26-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Is it the 90's again? I remember this happening regularly back when I lived around Detroit. People would be shot and killed over a stupid pair of sneakers.

People are stupid. Its a timeless situation.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-26-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by twofatguys:

You make a good point, but these are far from "High End Sneakers", they are the same quality as the crappy Dollar Store shoe anymore. In the 80's, and early 90's they were high end, but so were Pioneer Stereo's.

Brad

Heh, i still remember with radio shack made decent stereos
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-26-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

That dont prove a thing. Ive got a pair of velcro closure Tom Mcann loafers I got at KMart for $18 that i still wear almost every day in the shop. They dont even need laces, but i did have to glue on some new velcro once. Their around 12 years old. They did get so nastly looking, I put a coat of black vinyl paint on them. I also have a pair of Chinese KMart ankle boots I wear in winter that are over 10 years old and cost less than $20. Theres hardly even any visible wear on the soles. Ive got more than one pair of $10 sneakers that are prob 5-6 years old. I havent bought a pair of shoes except house slippers in last 5 years.

Depends on your feet too. if you have 'odd' feet then generic shoes are bad for you.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Heh, i still remember with radio shack made decent stereos

Used to be a time you could go to Radio Shack and get parts to fix electronics. I used to love that store.

Brad
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Tell me how smart the morons are that buy them, tear out the tounge, and never tie the laces. I see that everyday. Maybe they figure the jeans down around their knees will hide them.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Hey look they're on Ebay already! Only $500.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201...&hash=item2317d1df1f

Reminiscent of Tickle Me Elmo selling for over 2k on E-bay...
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Khw

11139 posts
Member since Jun 2008

/shrug, I used to buy Italian loafers that cost $50 or more... Back when I was single and could waste money like that.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to add that while I find it strange for people to blow money on what I view as crappy shoes, they could look at most of us as throwing good money away on crappy Pontiacs.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Tell me how smart the morons are that buy them, tear out the tounge, and never tie the laces. I see that everyday. Maybe they figure the jeans down around their knees will hide them.

I must be a moron then, cause I never tie my laces (at least not the conventional way, I cross them once and slip them into the sides of the sneaker).. Having them tied the conventional way clutters up the appearance of the shoe.
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I must be a moron then, cause I never tie my laces (at least not the conventional way, I cross them once and slip them into the sides of the sneaker).. Having them tied the conventional way clutters up the appearance of the shoe.

That is one of the strangest notions I've heard of recently... Weirdo.

You could try lacing them differently so the knot ends up in a "prettier" location...

I personally hate how shoes feel when not tied properly.

http://www.fieggen.com/shoe.../onehandedlacing.htm

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

[This message has been edited by TommyRocker (edited 12-27-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
So why do you buy shoes with laces. Just buy sandles or slip ons. Id compare that to me buying dresses because their pretty and the latest fashion. Makes as much sense.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

I personally hate how shoes feel when not tied properly.

As do I, but it works for me without any discomfort- I don't feel the laces and they never fall out+ they hold the shoe on tight.. I've never had a sneaker fall off. The laces come out once in a blue moon if I run with them on like that, I usually tie em if I'm going to be playing sports or whatnot.

Roger.. Really? We're talking about why people buy and wear the shoes they do- why the **** would I buy sandals if I'm a fan of a certain style sneaker?

This is how I wear my sneakers, in my moronic way I guess... lol. From the last Fiero cruise, I'm sure everyone thought I was some ghetto/ uneducated/ dumbass cause of my untied $75 sneakers:

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
You look ghetto because of the rear bumper...

Seriously though, those are way too loose for me.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Ah well, I guess project cars are ghetto. Doesn't matter now, someone demolished it on friday.
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
hello, hope you get her fixed. Still a good looking car.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Everyone has the right to buy whatever they want. I just say its a dumb move to walk around with untied shoes. To me it just screams ' im a dumb azz'. But then people laugh because i like velcro ones too. I dont like tying laces either...so I dont buy lace shoes. You cant tell me you can run thru a wet yard or snow and never pulled a shoe off before. People get TIED shoes pulled off all the time. I actually even take mine off a lot without unfastening them. Your welcome to do whatever you want, but it still wont make me think your any less of a dummy. And....I never pick on anyone running around with different color body parts on a car their working on. On that Ill tell a quick story of what i DO thing was stupid. I was at a car show a few summers ago. There were 2 pontiac Grand Ams/ Gran Prix there that belonged to 2 younger guys. One was red and one was white and they looked nice. After a bit we noticed they were working on something and we sort of wandered over to see what they were doing. What they had done was take off both hoods and both trunk lids and swapped them. It wasnt like there was anything wrong with either, they just wanted mismatched hoods and trunks for some reason. Thats dumb. I guess they noticed ricers were doing that and it looked cool. They left and drove off their separate ways like that.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Norm, its not looking good right now . There is definitely a lot of damage, the whole right front needs rebuilding as well as the body being shot on the drivers side thanks to the douche who hit me.

Roger- My shoes have never untied on me in the winter from what I can remember.. Now lets say if I try to run to catch a bus wearing them like I usually do then they'll come apart every once in a while. Either way the appearance looks much cleaner than tying them the conventional way, it works for me . Its not dumb if it still has the same affect, like I said I don't have problems with them coming apart and I don't feel any discomfort.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock