Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Herman Cain train has stopped! He dropped out. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Herman Cain train has stopped! He dropped out. by Wichita
Started on: 12-03-2011 02:08 PM
Replies: 64
Last post by: Doug85GT on 01-08-2012 05:30 AM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
We all knew he couldn't recover from his affairs coming out. But Herman is still a cool guy and had a good run.

He will be endorsing one of the Candidates soon and I'm guessing it will be Newt.

I know that Democrats can get away with sexual allegations and affairs. But your average Republican are prudes and pretentious because of the huge Christian Evangelical voting group that dominate a lot of the Primary votes.

In my opinion. Barack Obama will be re-elected anyways. I rather see Newt in than Romney, but I don't think the Republicans can over come the Christian Prudes in the Republican camp who won't come out to vote because Newt has been married 3-times or Romney is a Mormon.

http://www.latimes.com/news...11203,0,889996.story
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

In my opinion. Barack Obama will be re-elected anyways.

Really? Is it because The field of GOP candidates is so uninspiring or because Americans a gullable? I personally can't see anyone losing to Obama.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
The guy talked at us like a preacher and over simplified everything. I never did like his attitude regardless of how he treated women. I know that lots of politicians preach at us, but I don't like being preached to. I guess he was a motivational speaker, same thing.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Toddster:

Really? Is it because The field of GOP candidates is so uninspiring or because Americans a gullable? I personally can't see anyone losing to Obama.

The uninspiring part. Ok, both.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 12-03-2011).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Really? Is it because The field of GOP candidates is so uninspiring or because Americans a gullable?

Are those two elements mutually exclusive?
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Gullible! We have a lot of dumb voters, most make up the Democratic Party electorate.

But many on the GOP side as well.

I was watching O'Rilley the other day and he was talking to Glenn Beck. Beck is supporting and encouraging his follower(s) to vote for Michele Bachmann because she has what it takes to turn the country around.

Michele is an annoying and painfully shrilling Macaw who has nothing beyond talking points and pointing towards other candidates faults. She is nothing more than a Sarah Palin. But people loved her too and thought she would make a great President.

Different strokes for different folks is all. But most strokes are losers.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 12-03-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
Wichita, what are your thoughts on Ron Paul?
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I was watching O'Rilley the other day and he was talking to Glenn Beck. Beck is supporting and encouraging his follower(s) to vote for Michele Bachmann because she has what it takes to turn the country around.

I didn't see the O'Reilly segment. But Beck doesn't "endorse" candidates. He's been saying good things about Bachmann and Santorum because they appear true to their personal convictions, which Beck has indicated he likes.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Wichita, what are your thoughts on Ron Paul?

He doesn't really want to be President. He is just using the primary election as a national platform and exposure to get his ideas out to the mass public.

He does have good points and great ideas, but he doesn't stand a chance to get elected.

With mass visual media, nobody is going to elect a small, frail man to the office of the Presidency.

But what Ron Paul is doing is setting the stage for his son to take the Libertarian torch and run with his ideas, which I suspect Rand will in the future, but probably not until the 2020's.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

He doesn't really want to be President. He is just using the primary election as a national platform and exposure to get his ideas out to the mass public.

He does have good points and great ideas, but he doesn't stand a chance to get elected.

With mass visual media, nobody is going to elect a small, frail man to the office of the Presidency.

But what Ron Paul is doing is setting the stage for his son to take the Libertarian torch and run with his ideas, which I suspect Rand will in the future, but probably not until the 2020's.

There's a lot of truth to that. If all of our past presidential elections were in the media and TV that much, this country never would have elected a man in a wheelchair.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:
He's been saying good things about Bachmann and Santorum because they appear true to their personal convictions, which Beck has indicated he likes.

LOL!

That is why I'm no fan of Glenn Beck. He talks a good game, but he is extremely misinformed. Personal convictions.... LOL!

That is just code word for that these two loosing and waste of time candidates are just MORE RELIGIOUS than the others. Bachmann and Santorum will stab you in the back if they could get ahead in politics and they are hungry for power and have enormous and selfish egos.... But since they play the religion game, they have convictions that are positive.

That is why I'm no fan of religion. It clouds peoples judgement and makes them blind!
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

I didn't see the O'Reilly segment. But Beck doesn't "endorse" candidates. He's been saying good things about Bachmann and Santorum because they appear true to their personal convictions, which Beck has indicated he likes.

Beck has said given the candidates, his choice would be Bachmann. It was on one of his video segments.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Yea, you really don't get it do you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The rest of this is unrelated to your useless drivel.
The right is so messed up it just shot down what I think was the best candidate over what? They had to use dirty politics against each other regardless of the fallout. Screw em all. I don't buy any of this anymore than I bought the crap that was said about Perot. Remember him? He dropped out because of death threats against his family.

In the end we are pointed to another sellout candidate, someone who has spent his life chasing power, watch and see.

Who do I think will win this election? President Obama, because of crap like this.

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 12-03-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Beck has said given the candidates, his choice would be Bachmann. It was on one of his video segments.

Yes, based on her core principles. But he doesn't *endorse* candidates.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Yea, you really don't get it do you.
The rest of this is unrelated to your useless drivel.
The right is so messed up it just shot down what I think was the best candidate over what? They had to use dirty politics against each other regardless of the fallout. Screw em all. I don't buy any of this anymore than I bought the crap that was said about Perot. Remember him? He dropped out because of death threats against his family.

In the end we are pointed to another sellout candidate, someone who has spent his life chasing power, watch and see.

Who do I think will win this election? President Obama, because of crap like this.

Brad

Because I'm right and that's just the way it is. Sorry! But it's true.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Interesting. At first I thought Cain had dropped out as the title suggested, and that was the impression I got as I listened to news stories about this earlier today. But, in fact, Cain has said he's "suspending" his campaign, not ending it. How odd. So, did a little digging and found this:

Federal law doesn’t have a specific definition for “suspending” a political campaign, meaning Cain is still legally considered a candidate.

Because he did not officially drop out of the race, Cain will still be allowed to raise and spend campaign funds as if he were still seeking the nomination.

If he had told supporters Saturday he was ending his bid for the White House, Cain would have been permitted only to raise funds to retire debts accrued on the campaign trail.

http://politicalticker.blog...oes-suspending-mean/

Looks like he'll be able to keep what's left of the money train rolling in for a little profit on his enterprise. Or maybe a lot of profit. He didn't get to be CEO of a pizza chain by being dumb, that's for sure.

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 12-03-2011).]

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Interesting. At first I thought Cain had dropped out as the title suggested, and that was the impression I got as I listened to news stories about this earlier today. But, in fact, Cain has said he's "suspending" his campaign, not ending it. How odd. So, did a little digging and found this:

http://politicalticker.blog...oes-suspending-mean/

Looks like he'll be able to keep what's left of the money train rolling in for a little profit on his enterprise. Or maybe a lot of profit. He didn't get to be CEO of a pizza chain by being dumb, that's for sure.

Wow, Im finding myself aggreeing with you again. I said to my friends when we were watching Cain give his speech with the sound off as we were at a restaurant for lunch that he is saying a lot with his wife in the background smiling that "he will continue his run". I was was shocked to see the scrawl on the bottom that he is suspending his campaign. I thought what has he got to lose continueing his run, its not like hes spending his own money to run so why not with his wife in the background and crowd cheering he will run right. But No, so Im thinking hes still talking and still talking, I mean how much time does it take to say Im not running, so hes setting something up in the future hopeing that he will be called to duty to run again.

Who knows but Im betting we havent heard the last of him yet. Thanks Norm

[This message has been edited by normsf (edited 12-03-2011).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
As Jazzman correctly stated, he hasn't dropped out of the race, he only suspended his campaign. I think he is just waiting for things to cool down before he decides if he is going to actively resume his campaign.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-03-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Headline for the tawdry side of the Media
'Cain Unable'
Nick
PS!! NO political siding there...just thought it was a good headline
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Not worth much more than a classic T/OT copy and paste.

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

I told you so.

And the GOP TV reality show will continue to struggle along to its inevitable conclusion, as I have said before:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drive safely!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 12-05-2011).]

D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the Cain train had too much steam on the windows and not enough in the boiler !
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

I don't agree that he doesn't want to be President, but I don't think he'll win; I do agree that he is helping set up Rand.
I really dislike Bachmann. I want her to go home.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

As Jazzman correctly stated, he hasn't dropped out of the race, he only suspended his campaign. I think he is just waiting for things to cool down before he decides if he is going to actively resume his campaign.

As predicted over a month ago:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/089099.html

I think he's just waiting on the others to say enough (or in Perry's case 67% of enough) to commit Politicide (new term) while at the same time he'll be able to move towards being a front runner by not having to speak or participate in debates. He'll be like Silent Cal and be the least candidate possible. Then when all of the others have eliminated themselves, he'll be nominated (probably not, but it makes for a better plot).
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

We all knew he couldn't recover from his affairs coming out.

I'm glad the media focused on the real issues, and not anything that may have come out of his mouth...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/...ear-nuclear-program/

I could list others (Libya and Taliban, etc), but I won't bore anyone... The guy's a kook who knows nothing about foreign affairs.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Neptune time to update your signature. I took the liberty of finding a new one for you.

If you don't like that one feel free to use this one.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-03-2011).]

Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post
Well, I guess I will be the first to say it.....in spite of all the negative opinions I will get from this statement....Obama gave black people a bad rep in the Office. He came in like gang-busters but in the end failed like a homeless person so I doubt there will ever be another black President elected due to the thought of the common people of the U.S.

[This message has been edited by Jackdaniels (edited 12-03-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I think he is just waiting for things to cool down before he decides if he is going to actively resume his campaign.

He's done...accept it.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jackdaniels:

Well, I guess I will be the first to say it.....in spite of all the negative opinions I will get from this statement....Obama gave black people a bad rep in the Office. He came in like gang-busters but in the end failed like a homeless person so I doubt there will ever be another black President elected due to the thought of the common people of the U.S.

I disagree. I think Obama is a complete and utter failure. I'd have voted for Cain if he had gotten the nomination.
Speaking in "past tense", because I believe that he's done.

JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I think you guys are overthinking Cain's strategy. He's done, he ain't running. There's zero chance he's going to do anything more.The only reason IMHO for "suspending" his campaign instead of ending it is really simple: For the money. Occam's Razor, and all that.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
There are reasons that trains stop. The Cain train was more of a shock to me. The Republicans left are completely uninspiring.

Within a little more than one hour, two people were struck and killed by trains in Palo Alto and Menlo Park Saturday, a Caltrain spokesperson has confirmed. The first, a man, died at Palo Alto's California Avenue station; the second person was hit just north of the Menlo Park station.

At 11:10 a.m. northbound train No. 801, an express, struck and killed a man on the train tracks in Palo Alto. The 150 passengers on the train were transferred to another train, spokeswoman Christine Dunn stated in a press release.

At 12:13 p.m. southbound Caltrain No. 428, a local, struck and killed a person on the train tracks in Menlo Park. One hundred and twenty passengers were on board.

Emergency crews are on scene, Dunn said shortly before 1 p.m. As a result of these incidents, Caltrain passengers should expect significant delays until late Saturday afternoon.

There have been 16 fatalities on the Caltrain right of way this year. A middle-aged man, Greg Brown of Redwood City, was killed last Saturday (Nov. 26) at the California Avenue Caltrain station. The highest number of deaths in one year in the Caltrain right of way -- 20 -- occurred in 1995, Dunn said.

The Santa Clara County Coroner is handling the investigation of the Palo Alto death, and the San Mateo County Coroner the Menlo Park death, Dunn said.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Too funny-the Cain train has made its last stop. Nobody has any integrity. How many times has old Newt cheated on his wives?
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I think you guys are overthinking Cain's strategy. He's done, he ain't running. There's zero chance he's going to do anything more.The only reason IMHO for "suspending" his campaign instead of ending it is really simple: For the money. Occam's Razor, and all that.

Nope

Leftover Campaign Funds

Q: What happens to a candidate’s leftover campaign funds when he or she drops out of the race?

A: The big rule is: no personal use.

FULL QUESTION

Do candidates for elected office keep donations to their campaigns for personal use after they lose or drop out? Or do those donations have to go into a greater party fund?

FULL ANSWER

As Bob Biersack from the Federal Election Commission points out, most candidates don’t have much left over to begin with. Campaigning is expensive, and “leftover” money gets used for bills and debts first, including expenses incurred while winding down an abandoned campaign or a lost political office.

Candidates do sometimes end up with surplus funds, though, particularly if they’re incumbent members of Congress who decide not to run for another term. State and local governments have their own rules, but those running for federal office — including presidential candidates — must abide by strict FEC guidelines when it comes to their extra campaign money. They can donate an unlimited amount to a charity or political party. They can also, within limits, make contributions directly to other candidates. A campaign committee can give up to $2000 per election to each candidate. If the committee is converted into a political action committee, the limit jumps to $5000 – but to be established as a PAC, the committee would have to be in existence for six months, receive contributions from 50 donors, and make contributions to five recipients.

What candidates can’t do with leftover money is use it for personal expenses. Retiring federal lawmakers used to be able to pocket extra cash and use it for cars, vacations, clothes, pet grooming, whatever — but that changed in 1989 with the passage of the Ethics Reform Act.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jackdaniels:

My only comment is that the nation has come a long way in my life-time when it elected another non-WASP. So far, one black and one Catholic. I'm not sure that another Catholic is in the works soon ( I grew up Catholic), and I'm very doubtful about a Mormon(I could be wrong). In the end, it's either politics as usual or stalemate.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Just goes to show you that if you have any skeletons in your closet you shouldn't run as today's media will inappropriately dig into your private life and plaster it everywhere.

Once upon a time the media ( and the public ) respected a persons private life, and their fellow citizens.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
I was walking through the airport yesterday when I saw a blurb on TV that Cain had a "major announcement" to make. I figured he was getting ready to drop out. In so much as he didn't realistically have a snowball's chance in Hell of actually getting the GOP nod, perhaps he sees the role as "power broker" more to his personal advantage.

I still see the race as Romney's to lose. His numbers among the base may be anemic at best but they're still better than the competition.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2011 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Nope

Leftover Campaign Funds

Q: What happens to a candidate’s leftover campaign funds when he or she drops out of the race?

A: The big rule is: no personal use.

FULL QUESTION

Do candidates for elected office keep donations to their campaigns for personal use after they lose or drop out? Or do those donations have to go into a greater party fund?

FULL ANSWER

As Bob Biersack from the Federal Election Commission points out, most candidates don’t have much left over to begin with. Campaigning is expensive, and “leftover” money gets used for bills and debts first, including expenses incurred while winding down an abandoned campaign or a lost political office.

Candidates do sometimes end up with surplus funds, though, particularly if they’re incumbent members of Congress who decide not to run for another term. State and local governments have their own rules, but those running for federal office — including presidential candidates — must abide by strict FEC guidelines when it comes to their extra campaign money. They can donate an unlimited amount to a charity or political party. They can also, within limits, make contributions directly to other candidates. A campaign committee can give up to $2000 per election to each candidate. If the committee is converted into a political action committee, the limit jumps to $5000 – but to be established as a PAC, the committee would have to be in existence for six months, receive contributions from 50 donors, and make contributions to five recipients.

What candidates can’t do with leftover money is use it for personal expenses. Retiring federal lawmakers used to be able to pocket extra cash and use it for cars, vacations, clothes, pet grooming, whatever — but that changed in 1989 with the passage of the Ethics Reform Act.

Key phrase, I believe, would be "drops out of the race". Cain's campaign is merely suspended, and I am sure still taking donations at https://supporthermancain.com/, that is what is called a "loophole". It is what politicians live for.
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post
Well, he started it off with like 600 million of his own money, so yeah, I'm sure he'll accept donations as long as possible to re-coup some of his own investment-which I am sure would be allowed somewhere.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
How did a person as dumb as him get $600,000,000? I apologize, but he just didn't seem that bright to me and I'm truly amazed that he is worth that much.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

How did a person as dumb as him get $600,000,000? I apologize, but he just didn't seem that bright to me and I'm truly amazed that he is worth that much.

There is a lot of money in politics.
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello, $600 million not sure where that # came from, but no way. Obama spent more than that for his first election, rumored to be around $750 million and None of that was his his own money. Texas millionaire Ross Perot spent $100 million of his own money and got it most if not all back. Cain may be wealthy, but hes not spending anywhere near that kind of money and where not even to the conventions yet let alone the full presidentional general election.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock