Started on: 11-12-2011 02:03 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: WhiteDevil88 on 11-25-2011 12:31 PM
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2011 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Probably the same car as this one,

I was driving through Santa Cruz yesterday and saw it waiting in traffic in the opposite lane. I guess Ferrari calls it Safari Ivory (Avorio Safari). It was my first Italia sighting, and I have to say it looked damn good in real life.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

I was driving through Santa Cruz yesterday and saw it waiting in traffic in the opposite lane. I guess Ferrari calls it Safari Ivory (Avorio Safari). It was my first Italia sighting, and I have to say it looked damn good in real life.

The 458 Italia is the most beautiful car on the road today. The only negative thing I have to say about it is you can't get a real manual transmission, just that stupid paddle shift nonsense. I would still buy one of I had the $$ though.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Wouldn't bother me, I would probably have mine built with the accelerator on the left side anyway, as my right foot is just along for the ride.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I thought they came in any color you want as long as it's red.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
I imagine it probably costs quite a bit to get your 458 painted in Camry Tan.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
If it's the correct factory Avorio Safari paint - which I imagine it is being a Ferrari - it's one of the rarest colors they put out. You can order most any Ferrari model in Avorio Safari, but as the color is originally a FIAT color there aren;t that many cars that carry the color. Plus there are more popular Ferrari colors anyway like Rosso Corsa and Gaillio Modena that tend to get ordered.

In the short run it's not necessarily a big deal. The 458 is still pretty young. However twenty or so years from now - if the owner keeps meticulous records and it stays relatively "low" mileage for Ferrari terms - you're looking at a vehicle that will be worth more that it's counterparts simply because of the rare color once the market levels off for used examples..
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

The 458 Italia is the most beautiful car on the road today.

Agreed, but the those folks at GM really know how to make the CTS-V look good when they're in the same commercial. If I had the dough, I'd get one of each!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ive done service (body + paint) work for a local Ferrari dealer here and Ive never seen that or a color like that on a Ferrari. There usually pretty flashy, hence the red and yellow account for more than 75%, closely followed by black. They do have an awesome looking medium blue and green though, and look spectacular with their tan interiors. Even silver or white is pretty rare. People that buy them usually want to be sure to stand out. Camry tan definately dont, lol. Since silver is the number one color, that what to get to disappear in traffic.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Dont like the look of the italia for some reason.. Heres a nice little fact for you though.. all ferrari's and body parts shipped into the us back in the day all used to be red.. if you or the dealership wanted a different color it was up to them to repaint it. dont know if they still do that now though.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
I can't imagine NOT buying a RED Ferrari. I suppose if all of your friends had them too, you would want to stand out somehow.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Heres a nice little fact for you though.. all ferrari's and body parts shipped into the us back in the day all used to be red.. if you or the dealership wanted a different color it was up to them to repaint it. dont know if they still do that now though.

wrong again
http://enewsferrari.com/ene.../COLOR_OF_DREAMS.htm
The Color of Dreams

The first step in personalizing a Ferrari comes with color choice, and it might come as a surprise to some, but Ferrari offers many more choices than red! For the record, the official name of the color that some in the media and public have dubbed "Ferrari Red" is Rosso Corsa. This highly popular choice, which nearly four in 10 North American clients choose, comes from the standard color palate.

After red, black (Nero) is the next most popular color for Ferraris, worldwide and in North America, accounting for about one in five cars. It, too, is from the standard palate. Ferrari clients can choose colors from two other groups, metallic colors and "1950s and 1960s" colors, and they can also request special-order colors.

The silver/gray (Grigio) families, found on the metallic color palate, make up the third most popular Ferrari color group. The metallic palate also features some stunning blues, including the extra-cost Azzuro California, which was the launch color for the California model; it is featured in many official factory photos and videos.

The appropriately named "1950s and 1960s colors" palate includes 10 choices. Blu Scozzia, for example, is a modern take on Blu Sera. Verde (green) looks particularly stunning on classic Ferraris, and now, new ones as well. This group also includes non-metallic grays, a unique offering among high-line cars.

Worldwide Ferrari client color preferences have changed over dozen or so years. Red has been consistently popular, and black has roughly doubled its share since 1997. White (Bianco Avus) is now more popular than yellow (Giallo Modena) on new Ferraris. Ferrari offers some stunning blues in the standard, metallic and historic color palates. Blu Tour de France, a metallic, goes on nearly one in 25 Ferraris in North America.

As part of the Carrozzeria Scaglietti Personalization Program, Ferrari can paint a car any color the client requests. The client must first approve a panel painted in the color, however, before Ferrari will commit the entire car. Longtime Ferrari partner, Carrozzeria Zansi, is entrusted with handling special exterior colors and has been doing so since the early 1960s.

http://ferraris-online.com/...reqart=SCM_200512_SS

http://fourwheeldrift.wordp...errari-paint-colors/
Thanks to the work of many members of Ferrarichat.com, here is a complete (albeit not authorized) list of Ferrari paint shades — 1,081 in total. This list contains 150 shades of red, over 200 variations of blue, and even nearly 100 hues of green. Silver, brown, white, gold, black…Ferrari has them all covered like a pack of Amish twenty-something females on a trip to the beach.
http://www.ferrari-collection.net/color/index.html

http://www.topgear.com.ph/n...r-colors-besides-red
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I suspect locality also affects color choices. In 45 years, I have only seen 2 white ones and one silver. Body parts I buy generally come in either a wash primer or flat white.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
I think that one of the bigger choices behind picking a "non-traditional" Ferrari color like red and yellow that we all know is going heavily into more of what I eluded to - collectors are beginning to really appreciate odd or rare factory colors. It's quite special with Ferrari because of the slew of colors they're willing to paint your car in. Of course like any production vehicle you can typically order a color you like - as long as the manufacturer supplies it on that model. However exotics are an entirely different playing field, and the customer is treated with near carte le blanche when ordering an exotic new.

Take this for example. Let's consider a Ferrari that's fairly close to the Fiero in terms of the time period it was produced - the 308 (the two seat GTBs and GTS models, and lesser known 208s that use the same body. Not the four seat Dino 308). Plenty of 308s exist in Rossa Corsa and Nero. However, throw something like one of the blue or green metallico colors in the mix - on a confirmed original painted 308 with factory PPG decal that denotes that the color on the car is correct - and you have a much more desirable car. That unique color is going to be the one that's winning the concours trophy in it's class. It can also mean the difference from your 308 selling for $32,000 to selling for $45,000.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 11-17-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
I would take that beige over any other "ordinary" color. Red is obnoxious to me (maybe not the right word--I mean it screams something at ME, not that I think the people who pick it are annoying in any way); beige says class. It also says you aren't afraid to NOT immediately stand out. Owning the Ferrari should be for yourself and the beauty of the car, not to show everyone else how cool you are. That's what Lambos are for.*

*This post is just my opinion and nothing meant to harm anyone's feelings.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2011 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
I'd like a brown one the color of Steve McQueens 250 Lusso.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
It used to be in the US, you could order about any car any color you wanted. I think they stopped doing it in the 80s. Id ordered a new car in a specific color from a different manufacturer. They took the money and wrote the info on the order. A few weeks later I got a call telling me they no longer did it. There are still some exceptions, Mary Kaye Cadillacs are painted their special pearl pink at the factory. Ive repainted several of them and know that for a fact, they even have the code for it on the OEM RPO plate.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
those things catch fire !!!!!!!!

http://www.autoblog.com/201...-recalled-fire-risk/

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

------------------
are you kind?

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

It used to be in the US, you could order about any car any color you wanted. I think they stopped doing it in the 80s. Id ordered a new car in a specific color from a different manufacturer. They took the money and wrote the info on the order. A few weeks later I got a call telling me they no longer did it. There are still some exceptions, Mary Kaye Cadillacs are painted their special pearl pink at the factory. Ive repainted several of them and know that for a fact, they even have the code for it on the OEM RPO plate.

The other Fat guy ordered his Grand Prix what he called "ti##ie pink" it was a washed out pink that really didn't look bad, I'm not sure what the original name of the color was, but it was not anywhere close to Mary Kay pink. It was ordered, and delivered to the car lot that color, though I'm not sure if it was done at the factory, or elsewhere as I never asked. (His truck was "Pu##y pink" according to him, and it didn't look horrible either. Yes, there is a story behind it all. )

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 11-23-2011).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

------------------
are you kind?

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
I think Ray's trying to tell us that the Italia models have had fire problems.

I don't think I've ever seen a triple post over such a long period of time before!
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

wrong again
http://enewsferrari.com/ene.../COLOR_OF_DREAMS.htm
The Color of Dreams

The first step in personalizing a Ferrari comes with color choice, and it might come as a surprise to some, but Ferrari offers many more choices than red! For the record, the official name of the color that some in the media and public have dubbed "Ferrari Red" is Rosso Corsa. This highly popular choice, which nearly four in 10 North American clients choose, comes from the standard color palate.

After red, black (Nero) is the next most popular color for Ferraris, worldwide and in North America, accounting for about one in five cars. It, too, is from the standard palate. Ferrari clients can choose colors from two other groups, metallic colors and "1950s and 1960s" colors, and they can also request special-order colors.

The silver/gray (Grigio) families, found on the metallic color palate, make up the third most popular Ferrari color group. The metallic palate also features some stunning blues, including the extra-cost Azzuro California, which was the launch color for the California model; it is featured in many official factory photos and videos.

The appropriately named "1950s and 1960s colors" palate includes 10 choices. Blu Scozzia, for example, is a modern take on Blu Sera. Verde (green) looks particularly stunning on classic Ferraris, and now, new ones as well. This group also includes non-metallic grays, a unique offering among high-line cars.

Worldwide Ferrari client color preferences have changed over dozen or so years. Red has been consistently popular, and black has roughly doubled its share since 1997. White (Bianco Avus) is now more popular than yellow (Giallo Modena) on new Ferraris. Ferrari offers some stunning blues in the standard, metallic and historic color palates. Blu Tour de France, a metallic, goes on nearly one in 25 Ferraris in North America.

As part of the Carrozzeria Scaglietti Personalization Program, Ferrari can paint a car any color the client requests. The client must first approve a panel painted in the color, however, before Ferrari will commit the entire car. Longtime Ferrari partner, Carrozzeria Zansi, is entrusted with handling special exterior colors and has been doing so since the early 1960s.

http://ferraris-online.com/...reqart=SCM_200512_SS

http://fourwheeldrift.wordp...errari-paint-colors/
Thanks to the work of many members of Ferrarichat.com, here is a complete (albeit not authorized) list of Ferrari paint shades — 1,081 in total. This list contains 150 shades of red, over 200 variations of blue, and even nearly 100 hues of green. Silver, brown, white, gold, black…Ferrari has them all covered like a pack of Amish twenty-something females on a trip to the beach.
http://www.ferrari-collection.net/color/index.html

http://www.topgear.com.ph/n...r-colors-besides-red

Well my information comes from a friend who has owned a ferrari dealership near where i live for the past 30 years so i think i trust his information more than yours.

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Well my information comes from a friend who has owned a ferrari dealership near where i live for the past 30 years so i think i trust his information more than yours.

Your friend owned a dealership since the 80s. How much stuff did he say to you to keep the Ferrari name in awe? The links I showed (and this one http://www.jb330gt.com/Colors.htm are from people that have owned and restored them since the 50s. A little research shows more truth than buddies bs'ing. Try it sometime instead of spewing ignorance.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 11-24-2011).]

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:
The 458 Italia is the most beautiful car on the road today.

Completely agree. There is a 458 I see locally from time to time in a really dark blue (pozzi blue maybe?) and I gotta say if I could afford one it would be in that blue.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Officer Tim has a Ferrari dealership? What is the name of the dealership? I am positive that they have a website, got a link?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock