Started on: 09-15-2011 10:25 AM
Replies: 27
Last post by: dratts on 09-16-2011 09:24 AM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Can't they trust one of their own?
http://online.wsj.com/artic...=WSJ_hp_mostpop_read
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Yeah they screwed up. I hope they can recover some of it. From what I understand, the guiding principle of their plan was saving money on silicon. Then other manufacturers found another way around it, which made them uncompetitive. I'm still hoping that nano technology can make breakthroughs in solar cells and batteries.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
What? What's the big deal? Democrats are all about stealing from others to pay for their s***, and using the government to do it.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
"Fraud Case Rocks Democratic Party" or as the DNC would call it, "Thursday."
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's unbelievable. Good thing Republicans would never dream of doing anything immoral.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8-P:

Wow, that's unbelievable. Good thing Republicans would never dream of doing anything immoral.

Your post is a shining example of the difference between Democrats and Republicans. When Republicans get in a scandal, they're typically ostracized by their own party. When Democrats get in a scandal, they deny, deny, deny, and then say it doesn't matter because someone else did it too. It's a lot like Obama supporters trumpeting that he's better than Bush, when they spent 8 years saying Bush was the "Worst President Ever." So, all you need to like the guy is that he isn't scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Don't raise that bar too high. You might trip over it.
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Your post is a shining example of the difference between Democrats and Republicans. When Republicans get in a scandal, they're typically ostracized by their own party. When Democrats get in a scandal, they deny, deny, deny, and then say it doesn't matter because someone else did it too. It's a lot like Obama supporters trumpeting that he's better than Bush, when they spent 8 years saying Bush was the "Worst President Ever." So, all you need to like the guy is that he isn't scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Don't raise that bar too high. You might trip over it.

Just pointing out that several people on the forum are quick to post anything that may paint Democrats in a negative light and act that it's the first time something so awful has happened since the Holocaust.

Just look at the sensationalist title "Fraud case ROCKS the Democratic party". Turns out one person stole a relatively small sum of money from a handful of politicians in a single state. I'd hardly say that reflects on the entire party.

[This message has been edited by 8-P (edited 09-15-2011).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
That's a funny cartoon. I get a kick out of it, but you could easily switch the donkey and elephant depending on your view/ agenda.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Just pointing out that several people on the forum are quick to post anything that may paint Democrats in a negative light and act that it's the first time something so awful has happened since the Holocaust.

Just pointing out just as many people on the forum are just as quick to post anything that may paint Republicans in a negative light and act like only Republicans have ever done anything wrong.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Well obviously you're both entirely right.
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Just pointing out just as many people on the forum are just as quick to post anything that may paint Republicans in a negative light and act like only Republicans have ever done anything wrong.

Cool, can you share a few recent examples? On the front page I see several smear threads about Obama and Weiner....maybe I'm just missing the Republican bashing?
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Cool, can you share a few recent examples? On the front page I see several smear threads about Obama and Weiner....maybe I'm just missing the Republican bashing?

8-P, meet Neptune. Neptune, this is 8-P.
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

8-P, meet Neptune. Neptune, this is 8-P.

"No" would have sufficed.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

"Fraud Case Rocks Democratic Party" or as the DNC would call it, "Thursday."

Indeed.

I'm losing count of the California Democrats in jail these days:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/...rested-on-fraud.html

http://www.topix.com/forum/...ca/TFMKTVG05O6RE7H9D

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Look at any of the Tea Party threads.
You will see plenty more, as soon as (and if) conservatives win the White House. There are loads of these reverse examples in archives from the Bush years--those that haven't been deleted and replaced with a simple punctuation mark.
It goes back and forth--simply depending who is in "power" at any given time.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

When 8 Democrats are investigated every year to each Republican it is not as if we are going out of our way to find the scandals.
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

When 8 Democrats are investigated every year to each Republican it is not as if we are going out of our way to find the scandals.

Wow, I had no idea things were so lop-sided. Can you share your source for that little statistic?
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Wow, I had no idea things were so lop-sided. Can you share your source for that little statistic?

http://www.congressionalbadboys.com/Ethics7.htm
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

http://www.congressionalbadboys.com/Ethics7.htm

According to that site, the ratio's 2.2:1. That's ALMOST 8:1, but not really....at all.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

According to that site, the ratio's 2.2:1. That's ALMOST 8:1, but not really....at all.

My apologies, the Democrats are only a bit more than TWICE as corrupt as the Republicans. Thanks for the correction.
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

My apologies, the Democrats are only a bit more than TWICE as corrupt as the Republicans. Thanks for the correction.

No problem, man, that's what I'm here for. If you have any other questions about basic math, feel free to shoot me a PM.
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

Just look at the sensationalist title "Fraud case ROCKS the Democratic party". Turns out one person stole a relatively small sum of money from a handful of politicians in a single state. I'd hardly say that reflects on the entire party.

The amount stolen more than qualifies as grand theft. I wouldn't consider it a "relatively small" sum by any strecth of the imagination. I wish I had that kind of money to throw around. Sensational or not, is it your opinion that it was OK for her to steal this "realtively small" sum of money?
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

The amount stolen more than qualifies as grand theft. I wouldn't consider it a "relatively small" sum by any strecth of the imagination. I wish I had that kind of money to throw around. Sensational or not, is it your opinion that it was OK for her to steal this "realtively small" sum of money?

Politically speaking, yeah, a million dollars isn't much. Consider that Meg Whitman spent something like 150 million of her own money while running for governor of CA.

And no, I didn't say stealing was okay, I was just pointing out that the headline didn't represent the story as much as it reflected the writer's personal political beliefs.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I mean, why not? It's not fair that she has to work for pennies while fat cat Democrat politicians get to ride executive jets, luxury homes and royal perks while the little man suffers.

The Democrat who is just distributing the wealth.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Yeah, looks like she redistributed a goodly share of it to her waist line.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I mean, why not? It's not fair that she has to work for pennies while fat cat Democrat politicians get to ride executive jets, luxury homes and royal perks while the little man suffers.

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
It was a screw up. Not a $500 million screw up. That was how much money that was put up. The assets will be sold and some of it recovered. If I really want to get hopeful maybe the plant can be reconfigured to be competitive. I know we're going to lose, I'm just looking for some kind of an up side. I's a lemon, let's make lemonade.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Watched John Stewart last night and he pretty much roasted Obama over solyndra. I too wish they had been more careful. Let's see what the investigation turns up. Businesses fail and businesses succeed, but when you're using someone elses money, (ours) you have to do it wisely and responsibly.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock