HIGH oil pressure Suburban by njcwgrl
Started on: 08-31-2011 02:48 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: fierowitch on 09-01-2011 02:24 PM
njcwgrl

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

Im not doing great wit my cars lately, Now my 99 Chevy Suburban started this morning to 80+ oil pressure
and making the ticking noises.Going to check the code tonight, But any ideas ?? I NEED this truck I read
that It might be as easy as the oil filter or the oil pressure sending unit ( whats that?)

Any Help would be greatly appriciated

------------------
Shannon
88 Fiero "Valhalla"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierowitch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by njcwgrl:

Hi,

Im not doing great wit my cars lately, Now my 99 Chevy Suburban started this morning to 80+ oil pressure
and making the ticking noises.Going to check the code tonight, But any ideas ?? I NEED this truck I read
that It might be as easy as the oil filter or the oil pressure sending unit ( whats that?)

Any Help would be greatly appriciated

change the oil filter/oil and if that doesn't make a difference then change the oil sending unit and if that doesn't cure it you have some plugged oil passenges most likely. where the sending unit is depends on the motor size.

steve

[This message has been edited by fierowitch (edited 08-31-2011).]

njcwgrl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
She's a 5.7 Vortec...OK will do on the oil filter tonight...Do you know Where the oil sending unit is ??

Thanks
Shannon
fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post
should be on the side of the engine near the oil filter
it may also be next to the distributer cap on that year

change the oil and filter at the same time
steve

fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post

fierowitch

716 posts
Member since Oct 2010
i can also be a bad connection on the plug going to the sending unit so check that as well as the wires for dammage before buying a new unit.

steve
njcwgrl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
Ok..had to change distributer, the lower gear was worn,also changed the oil and filter ( slush came out of filter)
and changed the oil sending unit. Truck now has Great oil pressure It has Never been this good But, Now has a
code P 1345 ..So we are now changing the cam sensor. Hopefully this will work. All sensors are now new. And
boy this was not cheep by no means. To top it off I need a New battery this weekend

Does anyone know about code P 1345 ?? It says the dist and cam are Not in synce. But truck sounds great
no noises now..

------------------
Shannon
88 Fiero "Valhalla"

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Ok..had to change distributer, the lower gear was worn,also changed the oil and filter ( slush came out of filter)
and changed the oil sending unit. Truck now has Great oil pressure It has Never been this good But, Now has a
code P 1345 ..So we are now changing the cam sensor. Hopefully this will work. All sensors are now new. And
boy this was not cheep by no means. To top it off I need a New battery this weekend

Does anyone know about code P 1345 ?? It says the dist and cam are Not in synce. But truck sounds great
no noises now..

Cam and dist are not syncronised (ie timed exactly right) on newer cars the computer does the timing, as opposed to timing it via light (I think so anyway) The dist may be a tooth off or not quite in the position it was in earlier.
fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post
sorry haven't got the manual in the house but from a quick web search some one said it was a burr on the cam shaft that the distributer gear rides on, that may be what distroyed your dist gear. maybe one of our in forum GM techs can shed more light on it but right now i can't. i will look for the manual for it and see what that says but remember the code just gives you a place to start and not to go throwing parts at it because that can get as you have found dammed expensive.

http://answers.yahoo.com/qu...0080604124818AA2pW8N

steve

Kekipi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KekipiSend a Private Message to KekipiDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes if it is the kind that there is no adjustment, bolt hold down, the distributor timing, cam, is not in sync with the crank angle sensor. The fix is to grind the hold down so it can be adjusted, timing is 0. Get a good timing light and try getting it to 0. Good luck
njcwgrl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if I can pull the dist again and try to replace a little ahead, Truck is running great
Had to change dist and oil sending unit the Cam possition sensor was a shot in the dark
that did not help.

Hopefully will be able to work in her this weekend,Paul is in alot of pain right now, So I think
I will take the Fiero to work tomorrow . Its not far so she will be Ok Unfortunatly we have
to get the Burban going this weekend .Paul is leaving for the UK on the 9 th and I need
my Burban. One thing said I need to re-teach the computer but,it wanted me to keep my
engine reved at 4,000 to 5,000 WOW I could not do that to my baby That sounds NUTS

Thanks fo rthe help,

Shannon & Burbie
fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post
my dad used to say,
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

if it is running good and the check engine light is just flashing and not staying on i would drive it till it died. our 94 burb has something like 230,000 or more. i don't remember. and melanie says she is going to run it into the ground, or until it won't pass inspection, then i will just turn it into a yard plow.

good luck

steve
PFF
System Bot
njcwgrl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njcwgrlSend a Private Message to njcwgrlDirect Link to This Post
LOL My baby has 193,ooo and I hope for alot more my last Burban 87 is still running with over 500+

The funny thing is if the truck is running and I clear the code with a scan tool it stays clear, But, if I shut

her down and re start the code comes back and stays steady. Also the distrbuter was loose ( the holddown

clamp was not even on the base of the dist) That leads me to believe it may have jumped when I started it

this morning. She has been OK before that no code

Shannon
fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post

LOL My baby has 193,ooo and I hope for alot more my last Burban 87 is still running with over 500+

The funny thing is if the truck is running and I clear the code with a scan tool it stays clear, But, if I shut

her down and re start the code comes back and stays steady. Also the distrbuter was loose ( the holddown

clamp was not even on the base of the dist) That leads me to believe it may have jumped when I started it

this morning. She has been OK before that no code

Shannon

ya our old 86 burb had over 300k before she wouldn't pass inspection anymore. retired her out back and still have her, melanie just the other day said we could finaly sell her to a junker for a couple of hundred before she burries herself in the hay feild.

steve
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierowitch:

my dad used to say,
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

if it is running good and the check engine light is just flashing and not staying on i would drive it till it died. our 94 burb has something like 230,000 or more. i don't remember. and melanie says she is going to run it into the ground, or until it won't pass inspection, then i will just turn it into a yard plow.

good luck

steve

And I agree with him. In one of my Caravans the check engine lite came on and I drove it for 3 or 4 years with black tape over the light

fierowitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
And I agree with him. In one of my Caravans the check engine lite came on and I drove it for 3 or 4 years with black tape over the light

steve

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock