Please explain "Good Vibes" by BlackEmrald
Started on: 08-29-2011 12:20 AM
Replies: 35
Last post by: Doni Hagan on 08-29-2011 09:09 PM
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
I had to wait until there were no threads asking for good vibes before I could post this, so no one thought I was attacking/harassing them in their time of need. Now that there isn't any Good Vibe request threads I really want an explanation.

What the heck is a "good vibe" and what on earth is it supposed to do?

My understanding is that it is basically a replacement for prayer for those who are not religious. But what I never got was, what is a good vibe supposed to do? If the person who is asking for them isn't religious, and doesn't even believe in a higher power enough to pray, what on earth could they think a "good vibe" is supposed to do? I'm really trying not to sound derogatory or condescending, because I realize that this could be a very touchy subject for those who adhere to this custom. Is a "good vibe" supposed to call in the powers of JuJu or maybe Voodoo? It it supposed to summon positive energies from wherever they may come from? And if so, why would a non-religious person think they have the authority to do so? That sounds an awful lot like some sort of belief system to me.

I am basing all this off of (what I think would be) one of the most basic principles of any belief system or religion and that is prayer. And if one doesn't have the basic foundation in any system enough to pray, that would lead me to believe that they have no ties to any system (established or otherwise).

I really, REALLY don't want this to become a religious flame-war. I sincerely ask that those on both sides of this topic act as adults, and behave fairly.

------------------
1986 SE V6 Auto. 114K miles.
1995 F-150 4.9l Straight 6, Port and polished head, oversize valves, mild cam.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
The Projection Of Positive Energy.
Willing Good.
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

The Projection Of Positive Energy.
Willing Good.

But what is the point?

What is an out reach of positive energy supposed to accomplish? Where does this energy come from and how is one qualified to use it? Or, is this just one of those "because it just is" things?

[This message has been edited by BlackEmrald (edited 08-29-2011).]

BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post

BlackEmrald

2808 posts
Member since Sep 2010

[This message has been edited by BlackEmrald (edited 08-29-2011).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

?
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

?

Double post.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

But what is the point?

What is an out reach of positive energy supposed to accomplish? Where does this energy come from and how is one qualified to use it? Or, is this just one of those "because it just is" things?

By thinking positive, we have the ability to make things happen in our own lives.
We hope that we can share some of that energy with others, thereby multipling thier own energy.

When everyone focuses on a thing, a thing gets done.

Maybe just knowing that you got people pulling for you, and you are not alone, that people care about what happens to you, gives you that extra boost of confidence, willpower, attitude, etc.
That little extra bit may be all that there is between staying strong, or crumbling.

Or it really could just be our own version of "The Force"...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-29-2011).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
And when things don't work out, it's cause people were sending out bad vibes.

Ya ever see the guy (I forget his name) bend the spoon with his mind? The vibe thing works EXACTLY the same way. He has really really strong vibes.

(the vibes folks are just saving some transmit time by cutting out the middle Man)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-29-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2011 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

And when things don't work out, it's cause people were sending out bad vibes.

Ya ever see the guy (I forget his name) bend the spoon with his mind? The vibe thing works EXACTLY the same way. He has really really strong vibes.

(the vibes folks are just saving some transmit time by cutting out the middle Man)

Did that answer your question, BlackEmrald?
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Many times it's people just saying they hear you, they are acknowledging your problem and hope things get better. Many people do care about others suffering.

It's just a saying. Does it influence the outcome? No, most likely not.

As a non-religious person, I have people say they will pray for me or a family member that is ill or if there has been a death. I don't expect it to change anything but I appreciate the thought. They might think it does something but I take it to mean they are willing to call on what ever power they can to try and make it better. Hey, can't beat that for caring. As long as it's not hindering anything or stalling action, I'm fine with it. I appreciate the thought.

Good vibes - prayer, in the end the same thing. Compassion.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

But what is the point?

Ever been around someone in a good or bad mood and they affected your mood with theirs?
Smile and the whole world smiles with you? Empathic, joyous comeraderie? Those are good vibes.
Some people are toxic to be around, psychic vampires.. they drain you, you want to stay away from them... those are bad vibes.

And, you do not even need to be NEAR someone for their attitude/empathic residue to effect you. You can be a half a world away, and someone can wish you good will and happiness, or even bad will and hatred.. and it *may* be felt. (Depends on how good your radar is.)

The answer you seek may come with experiences in transcendentalism, and then, unfortunately, poorly translated in lame human terms of fuzzy understanding when you come back. That is to say, there is something unexplainable about the phenomena, so seeking an explanation may be futile. That's why those are called mysteries.

Are they real?

You bet... but I fear I am not explaining them properly. I don't think it has anything to do with bending spoons. It is more of a feeling of empathy or the opposite... it is not bound by distance. You and I could be standing next to each other, and without emotional connection even on the lowest level (like I try to tell you a joke to make you laugh, or I stare you down to make you uncomfortable) we would feel nothing. We could be half a world apart, and my concern, or love, or appreciation, or HATRED for you can be palpable. First and foremost, vibes start with INTENTION. If you have no intention, you will give off no vibes, good or bad.

I have been told those who cannot pick up on vibes are very far away from soul maturity. Take that for whatever you want, but a man who denies there are powers in this world beyond human understanding probably has his head in the sand, or up his ass.

Ever hear your ears are burning, someone must be talking about you? That's one way of saying you felt a vibe. Old wives tale, to be sure, but sometimes there is truth to those old wives tales.

The problem with modern society is we write off mysteries that cannot be explained by science as coincidence.. but there are clues out there. Coincidences USED to mean an act of God.. now they are defined, marginalized, and diminished. Thinking good thoughts about an old friend all day, only to find out they died that very day could be them reliving their good times with you before death.. they sent you good vibes, you picked up on them. Some would say that's a coincidence.. I wouldn't, though.

vibes
Noun: A person's emotional state or the atmosphere of a place as communicated to and felt by others: "a lot of moody people giving off bad vibes".

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-29-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
No one ever bent a spoon with their mind or "vibes", or made the Statue of Liberty disappear. I assumed everyone would realize that particular part was me simply being facetious. Non sentients are unsuseptible to vibes of any sort. Do I think good vibes work? Only if the recepient is aware they are being sent their way.
I don't think they harm anything and they certainly seem to help those who wish them, send them, or otherwise deliver them.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
I thought it was a “New Age” thing about Crystal Vibrations or healing with crystals. Kinda like "Flower Power".

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
What is Reiki?
The International Center for Reiki Training

A Brief Overview

Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.

The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."

A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Many have reported miraculous results.

Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.

An amazingly simple technique to learn, the ability to use Reiki is not taught in the usual sense, but is transferred to the student during a Reiki class. This ability is passed on during an "attunement" given by a Reiki master and allows the student to tap into an unlimited supply of "life force energy" to improve one's health and enhance the quality of life.

Its use is not dependent on one's intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.

While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not. Because Reiki comes from God, many people find that using Reiki puts them more in touch with the experience of their religion rather than having only an intellectual concept of it.

While Reiki is not a religion, it is still important to live and act in a way that promotes harmony with others. Dr. Mikao Usui, the founder of the Reiki system of natural healing, recommended that one practice certain simple ethical ideals to promote peace and harmony, which are nearly universal across all cultures.

During a meditation several years after developing Reiki, Dr. Usui decided to add the Reiki Ideals to the practice of Reiki. The Ideals came in part from the five prinicples of the Meiji emperor of Japan whom Dr. Usui admired. The Ideals were developed to add spiritual balance to Usui Reiki. Their purpose is to help people realize that healing the spirit by consciously deciding to improve oneself is a necessary part of the Reiki healing experience. In order for the Reiki healing energies to have lasting results, the client must accept responsibility for her or his healing and take an active part in it. Therefore, the Usui system of Reiki is more than the use of the Reiki energy. It must also include an active commitment to improve oneself in order for it to be a complete system. The ideals are both guidelines for living a gracious life and virtues worthy of practice for their inherent value.

The secret art of inviting happiness
The miraculous medicine of all diseases
Just for today, do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart
and chant these words with your mouth
Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind
The founder , Usui Mikao

The recipient does not need to be in the presence of the sender. Energy is a part of the world and it flows to where it's transmitted.
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
It's superstition for people who don't want to admit to being superstitious.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I don't think they harm anything and they certainly seem to help those who wish them, send them, or otherwise deliver them.

But the same could be said about those that believe in begging for favors from an invisable father-figure that lives in the clouds.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2011 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

It's superstition for people who don't want to admit to being superstitious.

I think it's a way for people to "help" at the same level as those that will "pray" for them.

The interesting part is these people don't lie about praying.
If would be easy for them to just follow suit and say "I'll pray for you".
But they don't.
Though they still care enough to try to support you in your trials.
All the same caring feelings that those that prey for you have.

It would be interesting to do a study to see if either helps much at all.
It would have to be done without the recipiants being aware that they were being prayed for/good vibed, though.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
I think it is prayers for people who are Atheist.

------------------
What you just decide that I'm drunk? You can't decide that I'm drunk. I make that decision! That decision is mine and God's!

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

But what is the point?

the exact same point of a prayer. It does the exact same thing. take that anyway you like.

and, I have heard of people picking up good vibrations.....? they even started signing from of it....?

basicly - just thinking about, concern & well wishing, etc......different ways of saying the same thing: "I am helpless to actually do anything helpful. But, I want you to get better".
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Actually, the "good vibes" that people speak of is a code phrase for a special combination that you transmit using an electronic device (cell phone, internet connection, etc). The catch is that nobody knows the exact code. So they call or message the intended recipient of the "good vibes", and cross their fingers. If they happen to transmit the correct sequence of electromagnetic waves (i.e. the "good vibes"), a satellite in orbit will pick up the signal and fire a Positive Energy Ray at the intended recipient. The Positive Energy Ray improves the person's general well-being for an unspecified amount of time, which helps him or her to overcome whatever problem(s) he/she may be facing.

True story!

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 08-29-2011).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Good vibes are positive energy. Many believe that positive thinking can have healing powers if enough people send these positive vibrations or wishes to the one who needs/asks for them. They also believe that the power of positive thinking can change and improve your life and that maintaining positive thinking and attitude will drive you to success and happiness. As someone mentioned above, it could be seen as a form of prayer.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
A positive attitude can have a real effect on someone, either your own attitude or those around you.
Doctors will tell you a positive attitude can help with your recovery and a pessimistic attitude can hinder it. Optimists are projected to live longer than pessimists.

Sending "good vibes" is just a way to try and share a positive attitude with someone. It's a short way to say I hear you, and I sympathize with your problem and I wish you all the best in overcoming whatever trial you're experiencing. The point is, it lets the person know you care and you wish them well.

If you were in a car wreck and badly injured, what would brighten your mood more, someone sending you good vibes, or someone saying, "yeah, whatever"?
We're social creatures. Knowing others care about our wellbeing matters to us, even if we don't want to admit it.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
From my perspective in regards to good vibes.. basically it is the thought that counts. The recipient knows you care.

If you wanted to relate it to prayers, alot of prople who pray, pray to God. For example that God will comfort, guide, or help the person they are praying for. I would think good vibe is just basically not including God. The person might think to themselves I hope so and so is comforted, and all goes well for them, or I suppose it would be different for each person and their beliefs, maybe they talk to the universe or what they believe power comes from to create everything we see. Some people might actually say good vibes instead of pray because they think the recipient would not understand if they said pray.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

But the same could be said about those that believe in begging for favors from an invisable father-figure that lives in the clouds.

Yep. It can be. People tend to do whatever works for them.
But, most who pray devoutly rarely "beg for favors" or not specific favors anyway, as they believe He already knows what one wants or needs.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-29-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2011 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Yep. It can be. People tend to do whatever works for them.
But, most who pray devoutly rarely "beg for favors" or not specific favors anyway, as they believe He already knows what one wants or needs.

And I wouldn't shrug the effectiveness of prayer off as fake any more then I would the effectiveness of good vibes.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Sur`prised nobody posted this link to one of the best songs ever, IMHO

TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

I think it's a way for people to "help" at the same level as those that will "pray" for them.

The interesting part is these people don't lie about praying.
If would be easy for them to just follow suit and say "I'll pray for you".
But they don't.
Though they still care enough to try to support you in your trials.
All the same caring feelings that those that prey for you have.

It would be interesting to do a study to see if either helps much at all.
It would have to be done without the recipiants being aware that they were being prayed for/good vibed, though.

Well, I did skip over the people that say it as a knee-jerk reaction never to be heard from again ...

There are a couple of studies out that that show that prayer itself doesn't change the outcome either way but does tend to make the person in the prayers feel slightly worse since they figure if people are praying for them they must be worse off than they thought. Of course you have to believe that prayer has an affect. It was a small shift.

I have to admit, if I found out a large number of people were praying for me during an illness I might be more worried. Prayer for me about my emotional state or life-style, not at all. I call that "praying against me."

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 08-29-2011).]

BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
So, the general consensus I am getting here, is that "good vibes" are basically just well wishes going to an individual, showing your empathy.

What bothers me about it, is that to me "good vibes" indicates something tangible, or more real that just saying "best wishes to you in your time of need"

But, if it is indeed some sort of energy or positive force that you are projecting towards that individual, how does one know how to receive those energies. Do they just come to us without any allowance? Are we basically "penetrated" with these forces?

I'm not sure I understand the difference between the well wishes aspect and the "energy" aspect.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

There are a couple of studies out that that show that prayer itself doesn't change the outcome either way but does tend to make the person in the prayers feel slightly worse since they figure if people are praying for them they must be worse off than they thought. Of course you have to believe that prayer has an affect. It was a small shift.

If people want to pray for me, I encourage it. I see it as a positive thing, the same as good vibes. If people want to send me some of those too, I wouldn't mind.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post
The science behind "good vibes"..

The Global Consciousness Project
Meaningful Correlations in Random Data

When human consciousness becomes coherent and synchronized, the behavior of random systems may change. Quantum event based random number generators (RNGs) produce completely unpredictable sequences of zeroes and ones. But when a great event synchronizes the feelings of millions of people, our network of RNGs becomes subtly structured. The probability is less than one in a billion that the effect is due to chance. The evidence suggests an emerging noosphere, or the unifying field of consciousness described by sages in all cultures. . . .

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

So I posted it. But I don't believe it. I could have put "science" in quotes at the very top here..

------------------

88 GT (5-speed)

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2011 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

But I don't believe it.

I do.
This force will someday be widely reconized and utilized by those willing to engage themselves with it.
In the future people will change the world by just thinking about it, with everyone thinking as one.
World leaders will be no more the vessels we collectivly pour ourselves into.

PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Love.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
I found this explanation of good vibrations at Healing Crystals For You

What Are Good Vibrations

Vibrations are levels of energy within your body. You might say that your vibrations are good if the level of the vibrations in your etheric body are at the optimum level to create good health.

Within the etheric are swirling energy vortices called chakras... that are vibrating at different levels depending on their function. It is important to keep the vibration within each part of the body as high as possible, to enable your health to as good as it can be. Each chakra relates to specific areas of the body and responds to certain vibrations.

If you use crystals this may change your vibration. Crystals have different vibrations, and they too will respond to areas of the body and to specific vibrations. Holding any crystal may bring its energy into your auric field. Part of the vibration is their color as colors are also vibrations. Specific chakra stones of different colors will have a positive effect on the area they respond to.

Guess we all gotta believe in something.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

I found this explanation of good vibrations at Healing Crystals For You

Guess we all gotta believe in something.

I assume it comes with a twinkle-ding-dong soundtrack.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

TK

10013 posts
Member since Aug 2002

So, the general consensus I am getting here, is that "good vibes" are basically just well wishes going to an individual, showing your empathy.

What bothers me about it, is that to me "good vibes" indicates something tangible, or more real that just saying "best wishes to you in your time of need"

But, if it is indeed some sort of energy or positive force that you are projecting towards that individual, how does one know how to receive those energies. Do they just come to us without any allowance? Are we basically "penetrated" with these forces?

I'm not sure I understand the difference between the well wishes aspect and the "energy" aspect.

I think you are over analyzing it. It's a saying - an expression. It's no different than me looking at my son and saying:

"Jesus Christ, what in the blue #$%^ were you thinking?!!!"

See?

Now for people that are into the harmonic convergence ...

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 08-29-2011).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Good vibes are positive energy. Many believe that positive thinking can have healing powers if enough people send these positive vibrations or wishes to the one who needs/asks for them. They also believe that the power of positive thinking can change and improve your life and that maintaining positive thinking and attitude will drive you to success and happiness. As someone mentioned above, it could be seen as a form of prayer.

Essentially, that was the premise behind the Norman Vincent Peale's "The Power of Positive Thinking" book back in the 50's. Admittedly, Peale could have done well to follow some of his own advice in later years but theoretically the idea was much the same.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 08-29-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock