Started on: 08-28-2011 04:24 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: tbone42 on 08-29-2011 01:54 AM
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
It's that time of year again. Bow season for deer is less than a month away here (sep 24th). I started practice shooting again, and I am a killer up to 30yards, but after that I am still pretty inaccurate, and I am running out of time (and losing arrows) to get my bow sights proper for the longer distances.

I am looking to increase my stance and form for better accuracy at a distance. Found this video, figured it might be helpful for those of you who may be having the same problems I am having. (Not raising/straightening my arms properly and bending at the waist to shoot downward, and punching instead of squeezing my trigger.) Anyhow, this guy is no expert, but the video was quite helpful to me.

also more on sighting in your bow:

Any bowhunter discussion would be welcome here. This is my first year really getting back into it since 1999 or so... I just got a used big freezer lasst year, now I have the urge to fill it with tasty meat.

EDIT: I like IKE.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-28-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
Take it to a bow shop and get it paper tuned. I do this to mine every year about this time, it's amazing the difference it will make. Mine was doing the same thing: all over the place after about 30 yards and paper tuning fixed it completely.

We actually spent about 2 hours yesterday shooting around and sighting them in. I was nailing bullseyes at 60 yards all night

Season starts October 1st here in Iowa and I can't wait! We've been moving treestands around for the last 2 weeks making sure we're ready.
newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
Remember to scream "it's coming right for us" before you shoot!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Gonna murder Bambi's mother and dad and make a big ol hood ornament out of them.
This makes me sad.......
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I hope you get your limit and mine. Deer are nothing but road hazard varmits IMO.
If you see Bambi, shoot him also.

Just in case I haven't made myself clear, kill'em all.
------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-28-2011).]

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Gonna murder Bambi's mother and dad and make a big ol hood ornament out of them.
This makes me sad.......

Don't forget eating them.

Originally posted by FastBlack
Take it to a bow shop and get it paper tuned. I do this to mine every year about this time, it's amazing the difference it will make. Mine was doing the same thing: all over the place after about 30 yards and paper tuning fixed it completely.

We actually spent about 2 hours yesterday shooting around and sighting them in. I was nailing bullseyes at 60 yards all night

Season starts October 1st here in Iowa and I can't wait! We've been moving treestands around for the last 2 weeks making sure we're ready.

Thanks for the advice. I will take it to the local guy and see what hes got. Admittedly, my bow is old (from the 80s) and I could use an upgrade... but the good ones are so expensive, its not really an option this year. It would be great if they all come within 30 yards.. but fat chance of that happening!

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-29-2011).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
30 yds. Odd how that is isn't it? You can't get close to one in the woods, as they hear, see, or smell every movement, but even tho there are probably as many killed by vehicles as hunters, an 18 wheeler can come within inches of one on the side of the interstate, and the deer just look up and watch it go by--as noisy and big as it is.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Tell me about it... I have killed more with cars in my day unintentionally than with a gun or bow intentionally.

Plenty of deer have killed my cars, too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock