Compressed Earth Block (CEB) Press by Dizzixx
Started on: 08-27-2011 07:50 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Dizzixx on 08-29-2011 01:47 PM
Dizzixx

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have plans for a Compressed Earth Block (CEB) press like the CINVA-RAM? I have done a bunch of diggin on the internet and the best I can find are dimensionless drawings. And for those of you in the know yes I am aware of the Liberator from global village (for those of you that dont know what I am talking about http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/CEB_Press) but I would like to build a manual press for cost reasons so I can experiment with the method.

I am impartial as to whether it is the CINVA ram or one of its many many descendants, any manual CEB press will do.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierowitch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierowitchSend a Private Message to fierowitchDirect Link to This Post
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com/cinvaramplans.html

http://blog.opensourceecolo...erator-2-ceb-design/

google can be your friend.

steve

------------------
My other vehicle is a broom.

Dizzixx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxDirect Link to This Post
As I said before I am not interested in building the liberator at this stage. And maybe I should have been more clear; I meant free plans I have already googled,torrented,and IRC'd, etc.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
What do you plan on using for a stabilizer in the clay/sand mixture?
Dizzixx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxDirect Link to This Post
Lime. Then most likely a lime paste multi-layer outer covering to protect the outside walls from the elements.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Won't that cause the clay to flocculate, or lump up? I would think that would inhibit the ability to compress, but it certainly is less hazardous than some of the stabilizers I've read about. Fly ash being one of them. Nasty stuff. It has all kind of stuff you really don't want concentrated anywhere around your home.
Dizzixx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxDirect Link to This Post
I am still reading up on things so I will have to give you an answer when I have a better understanding myself.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock