Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Back in the saddle again, latest new toy.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Back in the saddle again, latest new toy. by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 08-27-2011 08:35 AM
Replies: 24
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 09-06-2011 02:32 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Here's my latest new toy.....Yamaha V Star Silverado Classic

It's black w/ hint of metallic. Heal & toe shifer , driveshaft. (better photo's later, cellphone ones for now)

(using my Fiero car cover until I get the correct cover delivered)

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-28-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
She's pretty, .
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I like... where are you going to put it? Doesn't look like there's a lot more room in the garage...
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, with traditional spokes too.

Arn
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
better get a bigger garage
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Good lookin' machine.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

She's pretty, .

Thanks

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Very nice, with traditional spokes too.

Arn

Thanks, the rims are chrome, very shiny.

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Good lookin' machine.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-28-2011).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I like... where are you going to put it? Doesn't look like there's a lot more room in the garage...

You know, I'm trying to figure that out.

[

Originally posted by $Rich$:

better get a bigger garage

Your right. I'm going to try to move the trailer over to the left and see how much space I can gain. Only problem I see right now, the bike does not have a center stand, just leans over on a side stand.

I know I could gain alot of space on the truck side, if I remove my work benchs, but that is not an option I want to take.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Park the silverado in the silverardo. I had a friend that had a ramp and parked his bike in the bed of the truck. Didn't take much time to set up (it was on wheels) or if he wanted to drive the truck instead he'd put both in the garage.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
I had one of the dollies from harbor-freight like above, and it worked great. It was too short to fit my current bikes, so I sold it with one of the smaller bikes.
Check measurements before you get one.
\
Nice Star though!
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

http://www.harborfreight.co...cle-dolly-95896.html

Thanks, looks interesting. You got me thinking, I looked around & saw this product.

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
nice looking scoot, ride safe. i purchased a motorcycle table from harbour freight. no more bending with it. try www.scootworks.com for custom parts, you will like this site. i replaced my chain with there belt drive system. enjoy riding, mine just sits, back hurts too much.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I won't be needing that stand after all.

Got it to fit !! *

* = Got to give the credit to my mother. After spending hours trying to figure how I could move the trailer & truck, so It would fit between, she came along and said, "why don't you just put it over there ?" Pointing the the corner on the other side of the trailer !

Don't you hate it when that happens ? lol

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-30-2011).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
"Self-facepalm" time?
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

"Self-facepalm" time?

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Took the new toy out for a short ride tonight. Trying to get used to the bike on some non busy streets close to home.

It's kind of weird how nervous I feel with it. It's been 22 years since I had a large bike. I have a moped that I've put 5000 miles on.

I'd ridden motorcycles from 1980 to 1989, put hundreds of thousand miles on a Honda 650 & Goldwing, was very used to riding back then.

Drove the bikes on 120 mile daily commute to work for years. I even rode cross country trips from Maryland to Arizona and back. And another trip from Maryland to Florida & back.

I feel like I should be more used to riding, but I'll take it slow and easy until I get my "sea legs" back.

Took some shots while I was out.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics! Just ride every chance you get, wear all your gear and you'll be back up to speed in no time. Old habits die hard.

------------------

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Took the new toy out for a short ride tonight.

It's kind of weird how nervous I feel with it.

Don't worry, you'll get used to it again. It's just like riding a bike...
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Nice pics! Just ride every chance you get, wear all your gear and you'll be back up to speed in no time. Old habits die hard.

Thanks, 10-4 on gear.

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Don't worry, you'll get used to it again. It's just like riding a bike...

LOL, That made me laugh. I've been trying to get used to it. Shifting is all done by sound, as there is no tach.

I can feel I'm getting a little better, still have a ways to go. The last few days I've taken it out for an hour or so after getting home from work.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Just remember the most dangerous time is when you're starting to feel comfortable and relax. Never be too complacent. Keep your guard up.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
be careful out there.
http://www.baynews9.com/art...on-US-98-in-Lakeland
I have to wonder if he would have had a helmet on would he have made it. He left a wife and child behind.
RIP

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 09-05-2011).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32849 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

be careful out there.
http://www.baynews9.com/art...on-US-98-in-Lakeland
I have to wonder if he would have had a helmet on would he have made it. He left a wife and child behind.
RIP

I posted that because I have worked with Bob for a couple of years now. I still think bikes are a great way to get around and a great hobby and hope one day to own one. But it only takes a second for things to get out of control.
Be safe
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
How the heck do you get your truck out of the garage without bashing the doors into work bench or trailer? lol just curious.

Love your bikes and fiero..
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

How the heck do you get your truck out of the garage without bashing the doors into work bench or trailer? lol just curious.

It's fairly easy. While backing in, I use the mirrors & back up camera.

Leaves 1/2" on the bench side and enough room on the trailer side to slide out the passenger door.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 09-06-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock