Started on: 08-27-2011 02:30 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: IMSA GT on 08-27-2011 11:57 AM
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
Marked it general since it is just about a TV show.
Did a quick search and didn't seem like anybody was talking about it. Did anybody watch this on Discovery Channel thursday night? I thought it was very moving and put it up there with Discovery's series like Planet Earth, Us, and stuff like that. Sure they've wrecked a couple Fiero's but I have to give Discovery props on this series. There were a couple of personal stories that really tore me up just like it was 9/11 all over again. Especially when they were lowering the smashed fire truck down into the memorial. Just hoping some others saw it and wanted to discuss.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 349
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroRumorSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Didn't see it, but I'll try to check it out... thanks
IMSA GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 242
User on Probation

Report this Post08-27-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I watched it a few times and was going to post a thread on here but just didn't. That was one of the best documentaries about the Trade Center and everyone involved. I am amazed and very happy that they kept the original footprints/lower level of the towers and converted them to waterfalls. The museum is beyond anything that I would have expected with the entire fleet of emergency vehicles that was damaged, original steel skeleton reconstructed, as well as the personal belongings of victims. The most amazing thing is the base of tower 1 with the "explosion proof" walls.

The waterfalls:

The explosion proof base. The usable office space is at the top of that concrete wall:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-27-2011).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I saw the 2nd of the 3 parts. Thought about posting but there are lots of varying opinions about the memorial and the rebuilding, and I didn't want to touch any nerves. Not like that ever stopped me before, I guess, but Ground Zero is just too personal, too emotional, to mess with stirring people up over it.

But now that this is out there, what do the PFF members there in NYC think about the new building? The show was good, but it may have only showed one side of the story. You never know unless you're there and part of it.

IMSA GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 242
User on Probation

Report this Post08-27-2011 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I saw the 2nd of the 3 parts. Thought about posting but there are lots of varying opinions about the memorial and the rebuilding, and I didn't want to touch any nerves. Not like that ever stopped me before, I guess, but Ground Zero is just too personal, too emotional, to mess with stirring people up over it.

But now that this is out there, what do the PFF members there in NYC think about the new building? The show was good, but it may have only showed one side of the story. You never know unless you're there and part of it.

I think the biggest issue of this being a touchy subject was whether to build in the same spots as the old towers or build next to them. I think they gave the public the best of both worlds. They didn't build over the 2 old building's footprints yet they left the footprints in place and turned them into beautiful memorials in the form of the waterfalls.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-27-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock