Cadillac that had me DROOLING. by Syn
Started on: 08-25-2011 11:24 AM
Replies: 28
Last post by: Doni Hagan on 08-28-2011 06:48 PM
Syn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynDirect Link to This Post
I was looking around on thechive.com this morning like I always do and come across this wonderous car.

http://thethrottle.thechive...-heads-16-hq-photos/

I love the Towel Seatbelts Thoughts, comments,Speeches?

Syn
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Pic 15 has me ready to buy tomorrow!
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
NICE

suicide doors!

tho - it does not look like a cadillac. I was thinking it looks more a mix of a Chrysler 300 & a Bentley, and turned into a convertable

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 08-25-2011).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
I love it!! Then again, I'm a Caddy fanatic at heart.

That's the 2nd generation of the Ciel. The 1st one was more of a hardtop two-door not unlike the present CTS coupe but a bit different at the front end.

I'd like to see the new version with the top up but can't find a picture like that anywhere.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 08-25-2011).]

Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynDirect Link to This Post
that front end looks like the 1960s view of Futuristic trains I love it! I love the head lights how they swoop WAY back.

[This message has been edited by Syn (edited 08-25-2011).]

Bwhit12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bwhit12Send a Private Message to Bwhit12Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

That got me. I was expecting some sweet picture of the car and then BAM it's some good looking girl in lingerie. Made me LOL.

That car is SUPER nice. It's an older person car though. Can't be hauling a family around in that. By the time I am old enough to own a car like that we will be in hover cars.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
The Cadillac Ciel Concept (pronounced Cee-El) is like nothing else in the company’s lineup, with this cutting edge 4-door convertible offering room for four adults with luxurious amenities even greater than what we have come to expect from the Cadillac brand. GM states that the design inspiration for the Ciel Concept is drawn from the natural beauty of the California coast and for those of you who have had the luxury of cruising down Highway 1 – you can imagine the kind of beauty that they are talking about.

The Cadillac Ciel Concept wears a striking exterior design with sharply angular LED headlights flowing from the front face of the car up onto the top of the fenders, flanking an exaggerated take on the modern Cadillac grille design. The square shape of the front end is bold, almost looking like a futuristic take on the front end of the current Cadillac models but this open air concept maintains a sleek form even with the boxy front.

Along the sides of the Cadillac Ciel Concept, the door handles are flush to the body with the front and rear door handles mounted side by side thanks to the “suicide” rear door motion. The massive wheelbase presents a very luxorious look – almost like a topless stretch limo – with a sweeping body line coming up from the front end to cut through the rear wheel. Speaking of the wheels, the Ciel wears a set of unique 22” aluminum wheels tucked cleanly into the wheel openings that barely flare away from the body.

Out back, the Cadillac Ciel sports a set of massive LED taillights that pour from the top of the quarter panels down to the integrated chrome exhaust tips. The rear end of the Ciel is even more angular than the front with the chrome trim that runs the length of the vehicle dipping down across the rear face of the car, trimming the trunk opening.

Inside, the Cadillac Ciel Concept raises the bar for luxury car interiors with leather and wood trim looking more like something that you would expect in a Maybach or Rolls Royce. Lighted brushed aluminum door sills welcome all to the interior of the Ciel Concept and sloping bolsters make getting in and out easier for all. A wood trimmed center console runs from the dashboard all the way back to the rear of the passenger compartment, offering access to the Ciel’s advanced navigation system for all four passengers. As an interesting point, even though the Ciel is packed with wood trim, GM used the wood from just one Italian Olive tree that had fallen on the property of an olive oil producer so the company can say that “no trees were harmed in the making of this luxury car”.

To help make sure that the passengers are all comfortable during a cruise down the California coastline, the Cadillac Ciel features pull-out blankets are available for all three passengers that retract automatically along with heating and cooling capabilities for all four seating positions. Also, to protect the occupants from the elements, the Ciel includes a drawer containing sun lotion, sun glasses and towels as well as an aromatherapy system that is controlled by the rear passengers…although it’s unclear how much good aromatherapy can do in a big open air grand touring sedan like the Ciel.

Last but certainly not least is the drivetrain of the Cadillac Ciel Concept, with the popularly used 3.6L V6 engine from the likes of the Chevrolet Camaro modified to offer more power and better fuel economy. The extra power comes from the addition of a twin turbocharging setup that bumps the output to a very respectable 425 horsepower and 430lb-ft of torque and the added fuel economy comes via a dual-more hybrid transmission system that allows for all-electric driving at low speeds.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Love those suicide doors. Anyone up for surprising me for my birthday ?

Arn
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Do they have a 1:18 scale version? That is the closest i would get to that...
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
kinda reminds me of this classic in some strange way.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 08-25-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

WHATEVER THIER SELLING!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Click to show
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2011 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Click to show

Gott im Himmel!
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

At first I thought she had a blemish, but it was a speck on my screen!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2011 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

At first I thought she had a blemish, but it was a speck on my screen!

Airbrush don't leave no blemish!
Or body hair, apparently.....

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-25-2011).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Airbrush don't leave no blemish!
Or body hair, apparently.....

I spy some on her arm.. definitely a mammary...er.. mammal. (Freudian slip!)
I'll be the first here to say, I dont like the way the car looks. Not for me.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-25-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

I actually like the car more!
Age is a beeatch.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I think that car as dang sexy. Like a Bentley and a Cadillac had a bastard child that was beat regularly for no reason.

Too bad it's GM and I will never own one...Ever.

Brad
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

kinda reminds me of this classic in some strange way.

Ironic that the Batmobile is really a Lincoln. Only Caddys I really love are 59 conv, and XLR. (probably same price range )

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

OK. I'll go second. I don't like it, either.

But I'm glad you guys do. Not trying to be a downer. Personal taste.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I actually like the car more!
Age is a beeatch.

Gotta agree with that.

A 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible has aged gracefully and is still a feast for the eyes.

I'd like to see the girl again when she's 52.
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

I love it!! Then again, I'm a Caddy fanatic at heart.

That's the 2nd generation of the Ciel. The 1st one was more of a hardtop two-door not unlike the present CTS coupe but a bit different at the front end.

I'd like to see the new version with the top up but can't find a picture like that anywhere.

I'm digging this one more! However, I love the interior in the convertible.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

I'd like to see the girl again when she's 52.

Still not too shabby.

I'd hit it!
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
DAMN YOUR EYES!!!

Young Frankenstein......couldn't resist!
DeV8er

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeV8erSend a Private Message to DeV8erDirect Link to This Post
...and just when I thought they could not build an uglier car...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

DAMN YOUR EYES!!!

"Abby somebody..........Abi-Normal!"
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I like the two door hard-top version myself.

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
While we will likely never see a Cadillac in this form as a production model, it is a rather important concept.

I really like the Ciel - and I think it's an important image builder for Cadillac. Remember the Evoq around 1998? Many of the styling cues that were placed onto the Evoq has made their way to currently built Cadillac sedans, and to some degree the XLR is a younger sibling of the Evoq. I think what we will likely see in the next five years is many of the styling cues from the Ciel make their way onto production Cadillac sedans. The front is rather intriguing. If anything, the overall styling to some degree is likely going to appear on Cadillac models within this decade for sure.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
If Cadillac REALLY wants to bring a concept car to production, my vote goes to the Cadillac Sixteen!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock