Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  See how Obama is helping the economy (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
See how Obama is helping the economy by texasfiero
Started on: 08-20-2011 10:47 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: fierobear on 08-28-2011 02:01 PM
texasfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
Just do a Google search for some form of: OMG! Obama Must Go
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Biggest way he can help the economy is buy a house in asia somewhere and never come back.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
That raises a question: what will Obama do when he isn't President anymore, assuming he actually leaves office? He isn't much of a speaker. Why would anyone pay to hear him? If the country continues on the economic slide we are on, why would anyone buy a book about his Presidency?
Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

That raises a question: what will Obama do when he isn't President anymore, assuming he actually leaves office? He isn't much of a speaker. Why would anyone pay to hear him? If the country continues on the economic slide we are on, why would anyone buy a book about his Presidency?

if they will buy a book by bush or palin, I'm pretty sure they will buy a book (another one) by him. Or where you being sarcastic?
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

He could go help carter build houses ( not that i want to compare the 2 directly, as i do feel Jimmy had the best intentions at heart )
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
The best thing the Obama's government can do for the economy (with a few exceptions) is get the hell out of the way.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

1. Run for "President of the World"

2. Run for God.

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Obama's confidence notwithstanding, fierobear, God isn't giving His job up.
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Isn't much of a speaker? He's one of the most gifted orators we've seen in office in decades! He might read the teleprompter, and his message and politics might not be my cup of tea (party) but he is an outstanding speaker. When I watched his inauguration speech I got choked up a little - and I didn't even vote for the guy (and think he's been a national dumpster fire.)
1985FieroGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

1. Run for "President of the World"

2. Run for God.

Sounds like the Antichrist...
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1985FieroGT:

Sounds like the Antichrist...

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. Bob, tell him what he's won.
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Dunno. We might want to check the latest polls to confirm it. Or just read Newsweek:

http://obamamessiah.blogspo...d-of-all-things.html

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 08-22-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27075 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Here are some interesting quotes about Obama, the divine one:

OBAMA CONVERSION STORIES

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."

-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"

-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."

-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"

-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"

-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."

-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."

-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."

-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."

-- Bill Rush
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post

OBAMA CONVERSION STORIES

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"

-- Daily Kos

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."

-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."

-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."

-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."

-- Bill Rush

Proof the world is full of morons. The end is truly near.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
fierobear, the polls are about Obama. I don't think they polled God. Plus, Obama being crucified for failure is not the same as Jesus being crucified all mankind's sins, no matter what the MSM says. Trust me on this.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if Chris Mattews still gets wet shorts when Obama reads the telepromter?
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post
Oh BHO, I had such high hopes.

His campaign was brilliance. It really was. His presidency was utter failure after utter failure.

He got handed a big mess. I`ll give him that.

But to focus on universal health, at a time when the economy needed the attention was wrong. He`s been screwed ever since.

Sadly, the pendulum will swing again. The election won`t be voting for the republican, it will be voting out democrats, just the same as a vote for obama was one last punishment to Bush. Then suddenly, a lot of people that got all pissed off will realize that guy(sorry Michelle) doesn`t really speak for them any more than BHO spoke for disenfranchised republicans and surprise! the country will be in the same spot.

He had, on paper, the tools to be one of the better presidents. Hear me out! Whether you like his policies or not...

He had a landslide victory. People were talking about him in a god-like manner-which really and truely was undeserved. I really think he initially started his candidacy as a means to raise his profile, and expected to lose. He didn`t have experience. He could speak, and he made people believe in him. That just didn`t follow him with the actual job. If he had approached it with a more centrist policy, I think he could have maintained it.

Unfortunately, he turned pretty pink.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

OBAMA CONVERSION STORIES

--Lawrence Carter

-- Dinesh Sharma

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

-- Mark Morford

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

-- Barack Obama

-- Daily Kos

-- Halle Berry

-- Deepak Chopra

-- Gary Hart

-- Eve Konstantine

-- Chris Matthews

-- Toni Morrison

-- Ezra Klein

-- Gerald Campbell

-- Oprah Winfrey

-- Bill Rush

Interesting to see the association with Jesus, Messiah, God. Isn't the GOP supposed to be the party of the Bible Bangers?

<--- added for those who can't see synicism with both eyes open

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 08-22-2011).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

Just do a Google search for some form of: OMG! Obama Must Go

While I get the humor in it, I would never put that on my vehicles. 1. I think bumper stickers are obnoxious and dumb. 2. I don't want the possible negative publicity of me not approving of our first black president. Not that I am racist, I just don't want that vibe thrown. It could cause trouble with ignorant people...and I think they are the most likely candidates for vandalism and such.

ASIDE
I think the term "our first black president" belittles blacks as a whole. He is a president, that the modifier of him being black sounds to me as though people think blacks aren't able of accomplishing the same things white people have.

------------------
Before I sputter out.

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

While I get the humor in it, I would never put that on my vehicles. 1. I think bumper stickers are obnoxious and dumb. 2. I don't want the possible negative publicity of me not approving of our first black president. Not that I am racist, I just don't want that vibe thrown. It could cause trouble with ignorant people...and I think they are the most likely candidates for vandalism and such.

With ya there. It most certainly would lead to vandalism.

I received an email with an attached picture of a t-shirt. Someone said they'd like to have one, so I just Googled and found that there are lots of folks making money off the term.

ASIDE
I think the term "our first black president" belittles blacks as a whole. He is a president, that the modifier of him being black sounds to me as though people think blacks aren't able of accomplishing the same things white people have.

What is interesting about that, is that it was, for the most part, those on the left who coined and promoted the phrase. Now, if you don't bow down to him because he "is our first black president", you are a racist.

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 08-22-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Interesting to see the association with Jesus, Messiah, God. Isn't the GOP supposed to be the party of the Bible Bangers?

<--- added for those who can't see synicism with both eyes open

Liberalism is a religion for the traditionally non-religious. Funny how that works, isn't it?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

He doesn't have to actually get the job, he just has to convince enough people he already has it.
Done
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

Well, when you make all these fancy, flowery speeches promising "hope" and "change" (but not really defining either with any detail), then what other result can you expect? People will fill in the blanks with their own expectations and imagination. There is no way he could live up the the over-the-top promises he made, nor the outrageous expectations of him. But that's the price you pay for being an ideologue with no practical experience. Some of us saw it coming from a mile away.

But to focus on universal health, at a time when the economy needed the attention was wrong. He`s been screwed ever since.

Bingo. He swung for the fences when we needed a single. He went for the far, far left "universal healthcare" when we needed the government to deal with the economy (mostly by doing the OPPOSITE of what he did, STOP SPENDING).

Sadly, the pendulum will swing again. The election won`t be voting for the republican, it will be voting out democrats, just the same as a vote for obama was one last punishment to Bush. Then suddenly, a lot of people that got all pissed off will realize that guy(sorry Michelle) doesn`t really speak for them any more than BHO spoke for disenfranchised republicans and surprise! the country will be in the same spot.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. That's what the Tea Party is all about. We're trying to make *meaningful* changes, and to reform the Republican party. What do we get for our trouble? Insults, accusations and bullshit. Do people *really* want things to change? Is voting the same way over and over the same kind of insanity as trying the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result?

He had, on paper, the tools to be one of the better presidents. Hear me out! Whether you like his policies or not...

I don't think he really had/has the tools. I think all those over-the-top descriptions and expectations were placed on him, and he went out and gave speeches to support it. Seriously, he had little experience in government (a cup of coffee in the Illinois legislature and the U.S. Senate), and NO real private-sector experience. And just what the hell does being a "community organizer" have to do with being President?

If he had approached it with a more centrist policy, I think he could have maintained it.

Unfortunately, he turned pretty pink.

But that's the rub. He *couldn't* be a centrist, because he *isn't* one. He's a far leftist. His father was a Marxist, his "mentor" was a Marxist (with a thick FBI file), his mother and her parents were socialists, in college he "sought out the Marxist professors" (quote from his own book), his supporters were all far leftists...how could he be a centrist? As he's tried to talk like a centrist recently, I've read many articles about how his leftist supporters are disappointed in him. They're pushing him back to the left, where they want him. He's in a box. He can't stay left because this country isn't far left. He can't be a centrist, because his support is far left.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27075 posts
Member since Aug 2000
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
At least the Republicans are trying...

Balanced budget amendment to get votes in Congress
Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

I've said it before, I'll say it again. That's what the Tea Party is all about. We're trying to make *meaningful* changes, and to reform the Republican party. What do we get for our trouble? Insults, accusations and bullshit. Do people *really* want things to change? Is voting the same way over and over the same kind of insanity as trying the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result?

Yes, I get its all grass roots and stuff, but the problem is, the tea party comes across as far right. I don't give a hoot if you guys want a republican or democrat president and congress. Don't really care.

But either one needs to have at least a toe dipped in the center of the aisle. Go where you want, stretch as far as you can in either direction, but start in the middle.

And for the love of all that is good and pure in this world...for a second, lay off the guns,god and gays routine.

I love the talk...low taxes-love it. Lower the better. Low spending-check! makes me have low taxes. All good. Service the poor a bit to make it look good on tv. Awesome. Unfortunately, when we play on the right, we have to listen to them go off on an archaic social/domestic program that doesn't fit. Gay marriage doesn't threaten my marriage, but thanks for looking out for it.
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

And for the love of all that is good and pure in this world...for a second, lay off the guns,god and gays routine.

How about tabling everything for now that isn't "mission critical" and focus on cutting spending and getting us back to a smaller central government?

I know, I'm a whacko for thinking that! A hateful, misguided whacko.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Why would anyone pay to hear him? If the country continues on the economic slide we are on, why would anyone buy a book about his Presidency?

There are LOTS of socialists and lefties that would pay A LOT to hear him? Why? Doesn't matter if he sounds good to you. He sounds GREAT to them.

Regarding why would anyone buy a book, why did anyone buy his FIRST TWO books? He never really accomplished anything extraordinary compared to millions of other Americans. He got a Ph.D (an excellent accomplishment, but again, not extraordinary to the point of writing a book), and got a job "community organizing".

So I guess compared to that pretty unlofty standard, a book about his presidency would be spectacular.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

frontal lobe

9042 posts
Member since Dec 1999

His campaign was brilliance. It really was. His presidency was utter failure after utter failure.

You know how the sequel is rarely as good as the original?

Well, if you were older (I'm not blaming you. Goodness, you can't help that), you would have recognized this was a remake of Jimmy Carter's 1976 campaign. It was deja vu all over again. Almost a carbon (no pun intended) copy of Carter. Honestly. Almost word for word (as best as I can recall).

So it was OBVIOUS to those of us that lived it, that this was going to be a disaster. And it has been Just like Carter.

During Obama's campaign, I had multiple times said that Obama is just the hip hop Jimmy Carter.

So, yeah, I suppose his campaign was brilliance, although really it was the media that was complicit in this fraud. If they had done one TENTH of the scrutiny on him that they did for a republican, and even one HALF of the scrutiny they did on other democrat candidates, it would have been EASY for anyone to see through.

Oh well.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

At least the Republicans are trying...

Balanced budget amendment to get votes in Congress

yes, we could have used this amendment 10 years ago to prevent "the wars" - which are STILL unpaid for - and costs STILL growing.....
PFF
System Bot
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

How about tabling everything for now that isn't "mission critical" and focus on cutting spending and getting us back to a smaller central government?

I know, I'm a whacko for thinking that! A hateful, misguided whacko.

Well, intended or not, that is TEA PARTY talk right there. So, yeah, I suppose, that is the current definition of hateful, misguided whacko. Because a Harvard professor studied it.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
FYI, President Obama *did* help the economy. Right after he was elected, sales of guns and ammo went through the roof. Across the country, ammo was sold out pretty much non-stop for the first 6 months of his presidency.

Then it all went downhill from there.

Originally posted by frontal lobe:

So it was OBVIOUS to those of us that lived it, that this was going to be a disaster. And it has been Just like Carter.

I was just a kid during those years. But I remember the terms "stagflation" and "misery index" were coined in the late 1970s. Thankfully, those terms have not been resurrected. (things haven't got quite THAT bad... yet...)

But yeah, I agree with the general sentiment. This really does seem like a re-run of the Carter administration. I imagine that's why Carter has been so outspoken in President Obama's defense. Birds of a feather, ya know...
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yes, we could have used this amendment 10 years ago to prevent "the wars" - which are STILL unpaid for - and costs STILL growing.....

It would have been MUCH better to do NOTHING after 9/11, I guess?

BTW, the last time a balanced budget amendment was attempted? By Newt Gingrich and the Republican-led congress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...ced_Budget_Amendment
"In March 1995, a Balanced Budget Amendment passed the House of Representatives and came within one vote of passing the Senate"

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

Start two wars AND cut taxes, seemed good at the time I suppose.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Start two wars AND cut taxes, seemed good at the time I suppose.

After the hit to the economy, after 9/11? Well...yeah!
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27075 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Was it rayb that said tax INCREASES help the economy? Oh, really?

Policy Chart: Illinois Loses Most Jobs in the Nation

In a trend that continues to worsen, more Illinoisans found themselves unemployed in the month of July.

Illinois lost more jobs during the month of July than any other state in the nation, according to the most recent Bureau of Labor Statistics report. After losing 7,200 jobs in June, Illinois lost an additional 24,900 non-farm payroll jobs in July. The report also said Illinois’s unemployment rate climbed to 9.5 percent. This marks the third consecutive month of increases in the unemployment rate.

Illinois started to create jobs as the national economy began to recover. But just when Illinois’s economy seemed to be turning around, lawmakers passed record tax increases in January of this year. Since then, Illinois’s employment numbers have done nothing but decline.

Data released today by the bureau confirms this downward trajectory. When it comes to putting people back to work, Illinois is going backwards. Since January, Illinois has dropped 89,000 people from its employment rolls.

It’s too early to know conclusively the full impact of the tax hikes on the Illinois economy. Nevertheless, Illinois’s employment numbers serve as a good reminder that public policies have dramatic consequences for the daily lives of Illinoisans. A combination of high taxes, overspending and red tape do nothing but chase away job creators and leave too many citizens without jobs. Springfield needs to act now and reverse course.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

It would have been MUCH better to do NOTHING after 9/11, I guess?

BTW, the last time a balanced budget amendment was attempted? By Newt Gingrich and the Republican-led congress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...ced_Budget_Amendment
"In March 1995, a Balanced Budget Amendment passed the House of Representatives and came within one vote of passing the Senate"

To the utter infamy of Mark Hatfield! A lifetime of public service shot to hell and a poke in the eye of the American People on his way out the door with a fat Government Pension that HE HIMSELF voted to pass on to his own kids...and YOURS! What a B------!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post

ASIDE

I agree that this statement.

I would add that his mother was white. The term is probably not politically correct, but historically the offspring of a black and a white is a Mulatto.

So, to be accurate, BHO is our first Mulatto president.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Speaking of Obama firsts, here is the latest Obama email someone sent me.

Historical Firsts by Obama's Administration

. First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government
. First President to Violate the War Powers Act
. First President to Orchestrate the Sale of Murder Weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels
. First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico
. First President to Defy a Federal Judge's Court Order to Cease Implementing the 'Health Care Reform' Law
. First President to Require All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party
. First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs -- and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs
. First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters
. First President to Bypass Congress and Implement the DREAM Act Through Executive Fiat
. First President to "Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions". Just "serious" crimes, what ever that means.
. First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees
. First President to Terminate America's Ability to Put a Man into Space.
. First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places
. First President to Have a Law Signed By an 'Auto-pen' Without Being "Present"
. First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It
. First President to Threaten Insurance Companies if they Publicly Speak out on the Reasons for their Rate Increases
. First President to Tell a Major Manufacturing Company In Which State They Are Allowed to Locate a Factory
. First President to File Lawsuits Against the States He Swore an Oath to Protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN, etc.)
. First President to Withdraw an Existing Coal Permit That Had Been Properly Issued Years Ago
. First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case
. First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts
. First President to Golf 73 Separate Times in His First Two-and-a-Half Years in Office
First President to hide his medical, educational, and travel records
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
First President to coddle America's enemies while alienating America's allies.
First President to go on multiple Global apology tours.
But remember: he will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc., etc.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 08-27-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock