Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
   tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims by NEPTUNE
Started on: 08-18-2011 06:07 PM
Replies: 625
Last post by: avengador1 on 09-22-2011 10:37 AM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE IT!
IP: Logged
uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
BIGGEST LIAR IN CONGRESS?/ Ron Paul,,liar liar liar liar liar devious His association with the David Duke & KKK is why he is unelectable,,he is one of the biggest spenders in Congress & hides it
I like Paul,,he sounds so good as he banks millions from the paulbots
RON PAUL ,liar LIAR liar Liar
His gold plans are not remotely possible
his foreign policy is a bad joke
sure lets legalize heroin
Paul always sounds good ,he is a money grubbing small timer,,if there is a racist in the republican party it is Paul
WHY DO NO OTHER CONGRESSMEN GET BEHIND PAUL?? think about that
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Did someone mention heroin?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

making religous laws

You must have some examples?
Give me a list of the wrongfully imposed religius laws?

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by uhlanstan:

BIGGEST LIAR IN CONGRESS?/ Ron Paul,,liar liar liar liar liar devious His association with the David Duke & KKK is why he is unelectable,,he is one of the biggest spenders in Congress & hides it
I like Paul,,he sounds so good as he banks millions from the paulbots
RON PAUL ,liar LIAR liar Liar
His gold plans are not remotely possible
his foreign policy is a bad joke
sure lets legalize heroin
Paul always sounds good ,he is a money grubbing small timer,,if there is a racist in the republican party it is Paul
WHY DO NO OTHER CONGRESSMEN GET BEHIND PAUL?? think about that

I am not for or against this man, but you are going to have to work MUCH harder to convince me to one side or the other. What do you have to suport your "hatefull" acusations?
Anyone can spout off that kind of stuff about someone they dont like. But I would like to see proof.

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I am not for or against this man, but you are going to have to work MUCH harder to convince me to one side or the other. What do you have to suport your "hatefull" acusations?
Anyone can spout off that kind of stuff about someone they dont like. But I would like to see proof.

Dude you are asking the wrong guy to back up his crazy statements with anything than more of his crazy statements. And you've been here since 2002, I figured you would know that by now.

Sources? Links? HA! Good luck.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Dude you are asking the wrong guy to back up his crazy statements with anything than more of his crazy statements. And you've been here since 2002, I figured you would know that by now.

Sources? Links? HA! Good luck.

LOL, it is worth a try.

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

LOL, it is worth a try.

That's doubtful. LOL
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Congress has 87% disapproval rating, Tea Party losing steam (sorry, had to use that one!), Boehner becoming very unpopular, 1/3 of independents trust nobody, Increased partisanship is angering almost all voters.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s.../us_ap_poll_congress

AP-GfK Poll: 87% in US disapprove of Congress-
..By LAURIE KELLMAN and JENNIFER AGIESTA, Associated Press Laurie Kellman And Jennifer Agiesta, Associated Press – 1 hr 14 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Americans are plenty angry at Congress in the aftermath of the debt crisis and Republicans could pay the greatest price, a new Associated Press-GfK poll suggests.

The poll finds the tea party has lost support, Republican House Speaker John Boehner is increasingly unpopular and people are warming to the idea of not just cutting spending but also raising taxes — anathema to the GOP — just as both parties prepare for another struggle with deficit reduction.

To be sure, there is plenty of discontent to go around. The poll finds more people are down on their own member of Congress, not just the institution, an unusual finding in surveys and one bound to make incumbents particularly nervous. In interviews, some people said the debt standoff itself, which caused a crisis of confidence to ripple through world markets, made them wonder whether lawmakers are able to govern at all.

"I guess I long for the day back in the `70s and `80s when we could disagree but we could get a compromise worked out," said Republican Scott MacGregor, 45, a Windsor, Conn., police detective. "I don't think there's any compromise anymore."

The results point to a chilly autumn in Washington as the divided Congress returns to the same fiscal issues that almost halted other legislative business and are certain to influence the struggle for power in the 2012 elections. They suggest that politicians, regardless of party, have little to gain by prolonging the nation's most consequential policy debate. And they highlight the gap between the wider public's wishes now and the tea party's cut-it-or-shut-it philosophy that helped propel Republicans into the House majority last year.

The survey, conducted Aug. 18-22, found that approval of Congress has dropped to its lowest level in AP-GfK polling — 12 percent. That's down from 21 percent in June, before the debt deal reached fever pitch.

The results indicate, too, that the question of trust remains up for grabs — a sign that the government's stewardship of the economy over the next year will weigh heavily on the fortunes of both parties in the elections. Republicans and Democrats statistically tied, 40 percent to 43 percent respectively, when respondents were asked which party they trust more to handle the federal budget deficit. Nearly a third of independents said they trust neither party on the issue.

Much about the next election hinges on independent voters, the ever-growing group fiercely wooed by campaigns for years. These respondents, the poll found, were the least forgiving toward incumbents and shifted substantially toward the need to raise taxes as part of the deficit and debt solution.

Among them, 65 percent say they want their own House representative tossed out in 2012, compared with 53 percent of respondents generally.

This group, too, is helping fuel the shift toward raising taxes as a way to balance the budget. The poll found that among independents, 37 percent now say that increasing taxes should be the focus of the fiscal dealmakers, over cutting government services. That's up nine points from March, the poll found.

The backlash was personal, too. Boehner, the congressional veteran from Ohio who struggled to win enough members of his own party to pass the debt deal, won approval from 29 percent of the poll's respondents. That's the lowest such level of his tenure and also the first time his rating is more negative than positive. Forty-seven percent of Republican respondents said they approve of Boehner; only a fifth of independents have a favorable opinion of him.

The tea party, too, took a hit, according to the poll. Unfavorable views of the tea party have climbed 10 percentage points since November, when they fueled the Republican resurgence. Of those, 32 percent have a deeply unfavorable impression of the movement and just a quarter of respondents say they consider themselves supporters of the tea party — the lowest in AP-GfK polling and a dip of 8 percentage points since June.

Overall, 87 percent disapproved of Congress' performance. Entrenched partisanship explained some of the discontent.

"They're so committed to their personal ways, and party's way, that they are having a hard time finding a middle road," Republican Frank Chase, 77, a military retiree from Hopkinton, Mass., said of both sides.

Democrat Laurie Lewis, a Rutgers University professor from Flemington, N.J., agreed with that much. "Elect those who are willing to make compromise on both sides of the hall," she said. Still, "I don't think it's smart to say throw out everyone."

On budget and debt policy, the poll finds a public warming to the idea of using tax increases to help solve the fiscal crisis, a potential boon to President Barack Obama and the congressional Democrats who want to end Bush-era tax breaks for the nation's wealthiest Americans. Republicans bristle at anything called a tax increase, though some acknowledge that more revenue must be raised.

It's perhaps the most difficult issue of the debate and carries tremendous influence over the nations' economic future and the political fortunes of the candidates next year, when the presidency and the House and Senate majorities are at stake. The problem now rests on the shoulders of a dozen House and Senate members named to a supercommittee that will spend the fall digging into the morass that the broader Congress couldn't solve.

Asked which should be the main focus of lawmakers trying to solve that problem, raising taxes or cutting government services, 53 percent of respondents said cutting services and 34 percent said increasing taxes. That's a shift toward raising taxes since March, when 29 percent said increasing taxes and 62 percent said cutting services.

Since then, more Democrats and independents have shifted toward taxes as a means of balancing the budget, while Republican views on the question have not moved, according to the poll. Half of Democrats polled said raising taxes should be the focus over cutting services, up 10 percentage points from March. Independents showed a clear preference for cutting services over raising taxes in March, 64 percent to 28 percent. Now, only 42 percent of independents say focus on cutting services while 37 percent say increase taxes, according to the poll.

Overall, 57 percent of respondents believe both that that taxes will rise and government services will be cut in order to balance the federal budget.

The poll was conducted by GfK Roper Public Affairs and Corporate Communications. It involved landline and cell phone interviews with 1,000 adults nationwide and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 4.1 percentage points.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Congress has 87% disapproval rating, Tea Party losing steam (sorry, had to use that one!), Boehner becoming very unpopular, 1/3 of independents trust nobody, Increased partisanship is angering almost all voters.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s.../us_ap_poll_congress
[/QUOTE]

Wow, tbone. You couldn't find anything that reads MORE like leftist wet dream propaganda? Geez.

Oh, and the Glenn Beck thing...you're wrong again.

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Some people shoot the messenger.

This messenger really doesnt care what you think about the poll, I don't think the poll cares either. It just is a poll and an article about its findings. The truth about the situation actually reads like a liberal wet dream, so maybe it is, but it is factual. And it came from yahoo news, which posts plenty of stories slanted the way you want them to slant as well. Its where I get most of my articles from I post here..usually when I check my email, they have tons of stuff to read even if nobody sent me a message. Its usually AP sources, like this one. Dont like it? Not my problem..

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-26-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Some people shoot the messenger.

This messenger really doesnt care what you think about the poll, I don't think the poll cares either.

And the poll probably doesn't care about facts, so where we are back at square one, with the tea party supposedly going down, and NOBODY ELSE ACTUALLY FIXING THE GODDAMN PROBLEM.

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

And the poll probably doesn't care about facts, so where we are back at square one, with the tea party supposedly going down, and NOBODY ELSE ACTUALLY FIXING THE GODDAMN PROBLEM.

Temper Temper... nothing has ever been solved by throwing a fit. Anger does not lead to answers, we found that out in the 2010 election. *snicker*
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Temper Temper... nothing has ever been solved by throwing a fit. Anger does not lead to answers, we found that out in the 2010 election. *snicker*

It's not a fit, and it's not anger. What must be said to get through to people like you that NOBODY ELSE but the Tea Party folks are actually trying to solve this?

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
LOL would it make you feel any better if I linked it from a FOX news source?

http://www.fox28.com/story/...sapprove-of-congress

AP-GfK Poll: 87% in US disapprove of Congress-
..By LAURIE KELLMAN and JENNIFER AGIESTA, Associated Press Laurie Kellman And Jennifer Agiesta, Associated Press –

WASHINGTON – Americans are plenty angry at Congress in the aftermath of the debt crisis and Republicans could pay the greatest price, a new Associated Press-GfK poll suggests.

The poll finds the tea party has lost support, Republican House Speaker John Boehner is increasingly unpopular and people are warming to the idea of not just cutting spending but also raising taxes — anathema to the GOP — just as both parties prepare for another struggle with deficit reduction.

To be sure, there is plenty of discontent to go around. The poll finds more people are down on their own member of Congress, not just the institution, an unusual finding in surveys and one bound to make incumbents particularly nervous. In interviews, some people said the debt standoff itself, which caused a crisis of confidence to ripple through world markets, made them wonder whether lawmakers are able to govern at all.

"I guess I long for the day back in the `70s and `80s when we could disagree but we could get a compromise worked out," said Republican Scott MacGregor, 45, a Windsor, Conn., police detective. "I don't think there's any compromise anymore."

The results point to a chilly autumn in Washington as the divided Congress returns to the same fiscal issues that almost halted other legislative business and are certain to influence the struggle for power in the 2012 elections. They suggest that politicians, regardless of party, have little to gain by prolonging the nation's most consequential policy debate. And they highlight the gap between the wider public's wishes now and the tea party's cut-it-or-shut-it philosophy that helped propel Republicans into the House majority last year.

The survey, conducted Aug. 18-22, found that approval of Congress has dropped to its lowest level in AP-GfK polling — 12 percent. That's down from 21 percent in June, before the debt deal reached fever pitch.

The results indicate, too, that the question of trust remains up for grabs — a sign that the government's stewardship of the economy over the next year will weigh heavily on the fortunes of both parties in the elections. Republicans and Democrats statistically tied, 40 percent to 43 percent respectively, when respondents were asked which party they trust more to handle the federal budget deficit. Nearly a third of independents said they trust neither party on the issue.

Much about the next election hinges on independent voters, the ever-growing group fiercely wooed by campaigns for years. These respondents, the poll found, were the least forgiving toward incumbents and shifted substantially toward the need to raise taxes as part of the deficit and debt solution.

Among them, 65 percent say they want their own House representative tossed out in 2012, compared with 53 percent of respondents generally.

This group, too, is helping fuel the shift toward raising taxes as a way to balance the budget. The poll found that among independents, 37 percent now say that increasing taxes should be the focus of the fiscal dealmakers, over cutting government services. That's up nine points from March, the poll found.

The backlash was personal, too. Boehner, the congressional veteran from Ohio who struggled to win enough members of his own party to pass the debt deal, won approval from 29 percent of the poll's respondents. That's the lowest such level of his tenure and also the first time his rating is more negative than positive. Forty-seven percent of Republican respondents said they approve of Boehner; only a fifth of independents have a favorable opinion of him.

The tea party, too, took a hit, according to the poll. Unfavorable views of the tea party have climbed 10 percentage points since November, when they fueled the Republican resurgence. Of those, 32 percent have a deeply unfavorable impression of the movement and just a quarter of respondents say they consider themselves supporters of the tea party — the lowest in AP-GfK polling and a dip of 8 percentage points since June.

Overall, 87 percent disapproved of Congress' performance. Entrenched partisanship explained some of the discontent.

"They're so committed to their personal ways, and party's way, that they are having a hard time finding a middle road," Republican Frank Chase, 77, a military retiree from Hopkinton, Mass., said of both sides.

Democrat Laurie Lewis, a Rutgers University professor from Flemington, N.J., agreed with that much. "Elect those who are willing to make compromise on both sides of the hall," she said. Still, "I don't think it's smart to say throw out everyone."

On budget and debt policy, the poll finds a public warming to the idea of using tax increases to help solve the fiscal crisis, a potential boon to President Barack Obama and the congressional Democrats who want to end Bush-era tax breaks for the nation's wealthiest Americans. Republicans bristle at anything called a tax increase, though some acknowledge that more revenue must be raised.

It's perhaps the most difficult issue of the debate and carries tremendous influence over the nations' economic future and the political fortunes of the candidates next year, when the presidency and the House and Senate majorities are at stake. The problem now rests on the shoulders of a dozen House and Senate members named to a supercommittee that will spend the fall digging into the morass that the broader Congress couldn't solve.

Asked which should be the main focus of lawmakers trying to solve that problem, raising taxes or cutting government services, 53 percent of respondents said cutting services and 34 percent said increasing taxes. That's a shift toward raising taxes since March, when 29 percent said increasing taxes and 62 percent said cutting services.

Since then, more Democrats and independents have shifted toward taxes as a means of balancing the budget, while Republican views on the question have not moved, according to the poll. Half of Democrats polled said raising taxes should be the focus over cutting services, up 10 percentage points from March. Independents showed a clear preference for cutting services over raising taxes in March, 64 percent to 28 percent. Now, only 42 percent of independents say focus on cutting services while 37 percent say increase taxes, according to the poll.

Overall, 57 percent of respondents believe both that that taxes will rise and government services will be cut in order to balance the federal budget.

The poll was conducted by GfK Roper Public Affairs and Corporate Communications. It involved landline and cell phone interviews with 1,000 adults nationwide and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 4.1 percentage points.

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Frankly, that article lost all possible credibility when it stated that people were in favor of increased taxes. I don't know *anyone* who is in favor of that- save a few people (liberals) who probably wouldn't be affected.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

You must have some examples?
Give me a list of the wrongfully imposed religius laws?

well, the easy one is any bans on gay marriage - which actually IS Muslim Sharia Law
the g'ment should not have any say one way or another on marriage
it is irrelevent to the function of g'ment. none of their business. zero impact.
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

well, the easy one is any bans on gay marriage - which actually IS Muslim Sharia Law
it is irrelevent to the function of g'ment. none of their business. zero impact.

Aaaaaaaaaaand, you realize that Mr. Tea Party- Ron Paul, is OPPOSED to government involvement in that, right? He believes it is a matter for churches to decide, not states. That states should determine divorce and separation and custody matters, but make no laws about marriage.

Next?
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:
Aaaaaaaaaaand, you realize that Mr. Tea Party- Ron Paul, is OPPOSED to government involvement in that, right? He believes it is a matter for churches to decide, not states. That states should determine divorce and separation and custody matters, but make no laws about marriage.

Next?

yup.
and notice how most "Tea Partiers" pretend he doesnt exist?
which is why I made the statement originaly about how the Tea Party says one thing (libertarian) - but votes another (religous)
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

LOL would it make you feel any better if I linked it from a FOX news source?

By LAURIE KELLMAN and JENNIFER AGIESTA, Associated Press Laurie Kellman And Jennifer Agiesta, Associated Press

add: I'm seeing a LOT of propaganda crap lately. Especially about the Tea Party. You can always tell if you're hitting close to the mark with the "powers that be" if you see nearly daily bullshit printed like what I'm reading about the Tea Party. That's how you know you're getting to them. They're *scared*.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 08-26-2011).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

yup.
which is why I made the statement originaly about how the Tea Party says one thing (libertarian) - but votes another (religous)

What part of the question of "next?" do you not understand ?
You started off from a request for a list of these religious laws you claim were passed. You responded with one law. "Next" means state another.
Since you want to play this game, what about the laws passed by the non religious ? What makes them correct ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-26-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

yup.

Can you perhaps cite some statistic or even some tiny bit of evidence that "most "Tea Partiers" pretend he doesn't exist"? I suspect you're making a pretty broad assumption. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I wonder if it's possible that the media focuses on them *because* they promote things that are contrary to RP's position on those things, knowing that people will draw the obvious (yet erroneous) conclusion that he and they are the same?

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 08-26-2011).]

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
What part of the question of "next?" do you not understand ?
You started of from a request for a list of these religious laws you claim were passed. You responded with one law. "Next" means state another.
Since you want to play this game, what about the laws passed by the non religious ? What makes them correct ?

actually that worked out perfectly to show exactly what was meant about saying one thing and voting another.
sorry you feel left out
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Pyrthian

29569 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Can you perhaps cite some statistic or even some tiny bit of evidence that "most "Tea Partiers" pretend he doesn't exist"? I suspect you're making a pretty broad assumption. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I wonder if it's possible that the media focuses on them *because* they promote things that are contrary to RP's position on those things, knowing that people will draw the obvious (yet erroneous) conclusion that he and they are the same?

nope. just what I see & hear.
all you get is "non electable", and so on. I am sure you've seen & heard it.

edit: how's about a poll? Tea Party People: who is your candidate? make a thread. see for yourself. shame PFF doesnt have a "Poll" feature.

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 08-26-2011).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

You assume that only Christians opose gay marage. That is not true. It is also true that some who claim to be Christian suport gay marage.

So being that you have not made a valid list of "Christian sharia law" I have to ask again for more examples. Muslum sharia law is a VERY long and extensive list of laws. To say Christians are imposing this type of system on the US would imply that you have 10 or more laws, at least.

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

nope. just what I see & hear.
all you get is "non electable", and so on. I am sure you've seen & heard it.

edit: how's about a poll? Tea Party People: who is your candidate? make a thread. see for yourself. shame PFF doesnt have a "Poll" feature.

Well, you know, let's face it; most people just aren't that smart. Most people are spoon fed the information the media wants them to have and they swallow it whole without even chewing. If the media says he's "unelectable" then wow, it must be true. So since he's so unelectable, they jump ship and go for the next best candidate. I seriously doubt that anyone who really knows about Ron Paul, and knows factually what he represents that they will be easily swayed by the bias of the media. I know there would have to be something pretty major for me to change my mind about him. Not out of some misplaced sense of loyalty, but because I just haven't seen any inconsistency with him- he's voted the same way for over thirty years, and has *always* used the Constitution as his guidepost, even when it conflicted with his own personal beliefs. I just can't help but respect a guy like that.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

The Republican primaries aren't until the early to mid-next year time frame. I think it is too early for most people to have a final pick.

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
Just reading the first line of the article reveals credibility problems:

"Americans are plenty angry at Congress in the aftermath of the debt crisis and Republicans could pay the greatest price..."

It was the DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED congress that added crushing debt under Bush and then went COMPLETELY berserk under Obama. THEY created the "debt crisis". So REPUBLICANS would pay the greatest price???? Where is the logic in that?

More credibility issues. A larger percentage of the population "wanted" tax increases as well as spending reductions as a way to balance the budget. REALLY???
Then why didn't they go further and ask them WHERE and HOW they wanted the tax increases.

Because I bet I can already guess the answer as to where people would say they wanted increased taxes. On the (new term here that I am already sick to death of) SUPER rich. So it isn't just "tax the wealthy" anymore, like it used to be. Now it is "tax the SUPER rich". Ask "the people" if THEY want their taxes increased. WHAT??? NO!!!!! When they were asking about us wanting increased taxes, we didn't mean ON US. We meant on the super rich.

And all that is aside from the job crushing effect of increasing taxes.
But I don't fault tbone. He just posted the article. It isn't his fault that it is, as is the norm now, pathetic "journalism" that takes a poll result and then does a pathetic job of really examining an issue and giving reasonable analysis of it.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

actually that worked out perfectly to show exactly what was meant about saying one thing and voting another.

How would I feel left out ? Are you delusional ?
Your example didn't show shite about a TEA PARTY member opposing gay marriage. Show us a poster from any TEA PARTY rally which decries gay marriage. Go to any TEA PARTY web site and show us a position on gay marriage, one way or the other.
So, in answering a question for a list of religious laws advocated by the TEA PARTY, you came up with just one and wrong at that. Forget about a list of TEA PARTY religious laws, (passed while saying another), try to give me an example of one, just one, law the TEA PARTY supports which is not Constitutionally based.

Originally posted by Nurb432:
Why even bother reading posts from anyone who still cant get past referring to the tea party as 'baggers' ?

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:
But....but....I thought you guys LIKED it now.
C'mon, make up your mind.

Liked it now ? Are you also delusional ?
So, because an African American calls another African American "Niggger ", I can too ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-26-2011).]

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

The Republican primaries aren't until the early to mid-next year time frame. I think it is too early for most people to have a final pick.

To me, that's the problem. If you need a debate, or a discussion to figure out what your candidate is all about, then you have a serious problem. If you can't review your candidate's voting record and know what they are about, then you have a person who either has no real principals that they have stood by, or just votes with the tide. Which is most of them. For me, it's an easy choice, there's only one guy who has voted with absolute consistency for over thirty years. No debate, article, or Youtube video is going to tell me anything I don't already know.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

If you need a debate, or a discussion to figure out what your candidate is all about, then you have a serious problem. If you can't review your candidate's voting record and know what they are about, then you have a person who either has no real principals that they have stood by, or just votes with the tide. Which is most of them. For me, it's an easy choice, there's only one guy who has voted with absolute consistency for over thirty years. No debate, article, or Youtube video is going to tell me anything I don't already know.

Well, I agree but not entirely. We can know the candidates if we have been paying attention and/or review/research them. However, I like to see the pressing issues of the day debated. Just like we do here on PFF; .
PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
So source makes something right or wrong?

EDIT: So there is no confusion (cliff) this is in response to

Originally posted by FieroBear

...Associated Press

add: I'm seeing a LOT of propaganda crap lately. Especially about the Tea Party. You can always tell if you're hitting close to the mark with the "powers that be" if you see nearly daily bullshit printed like what I'm reading about the Tea Party. That's how you know you're getting to them. They're *scared*.onse to

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
How would I feel left out ? Are you delusional ?
Your example didn't show shite about a TEA PARTY member opposing gay marriage. Show us a poster from any TEA PARTY rally which decries gay marriage. Go to any TEA PARTY web site and show us a position on gay marriage, one way or the other.
So, in answering a question for a list of religious laws advocated by the TEA PARTY, you came up with just one and wrong at that. Forget about a list of TEA PARTY religious laws, (passed while saying another), try to give me an example of one, just one, law the TEA PARTY supports which is not Constitutionally based.

lol - good luck with that
and - yes - you are proving my point
say one thing - vote another
just look at the candidates
who is your candidate of choice?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Well, you know, let's face it; most people just aren't that smart. Most people are spoon fed the information the media wants them to have and they swallow it whole without even chewing. If the media says he's "unelectable" then wow, it must be true. So since he's so unelectable, they jump ship and go for the next best candidate. I seriously doubt that anyone who really knows about Ron Paul, and knows factually what he represents that they will be easily swayed by the bias of the media. I know there would have to be something pretty major for me to change my mind about him. Not out of some misplaced sense of loyalty, but because I just haven't seen any inconsistency with him- he's voted the same way for over thirty years, and has *always* used the Constitution as his guidepost, even when it conflicted with his own personal beliefs. I just can't help but respect a guy like that.

This is an oddity:

RON PAUL BEMOANS LACK OF MEDIA COVERAGE, REJECTS INVITATION FROM O’REILLY

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

This is an oddity:

RON PAUL BEMOANS LACK OF MEDIA COVERAGE, REJECTS INVITATION FROM O’REILLY

Not so odd to me really-

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Frankly, that article lost all possible credibility when it stated that people were in favor of increased taxes. I don't know *anyone* who is in favor of that- save a few people (liberals) who probably wouldn't be affected.

Tell that to those who push so hard for school district taxes. (not me, I think they are an invention of the Devil... pay for your own kids.)

I dont have diddly as far as income goes between me and my wife... but I know that without increasing taxes at least a little, spending cuts will never pay down the defecit and stop "our kids from inhereting our debts" which I believe is the battlecry.

Lost credibility? No. Ask MaryJane what he thinks about the need to raise taxes, last time I checked he was neither a liberal nor rich... but I have often heard him espouse the same ideas. If its THAT important to us, then we arer going to have to sacrifice.

And at the rest:
By the way, Republicans and Tea Party are calling to raise taxes. on the middle class and poor payrolls.. (everyone who makes over 106k a year would not see an increase..) They want to overturn a tax decrease they themselves voted for last year.
HERE:
http://www.foxcarolina.com/...obama-hopes-to-block

and HERE:

http://www.washingtonpost.c...IQAEDJuZJ_story.html

Get that outrage going. Or are you going to decry an AP article on FOX, or an editorial as baseless, even though thats EXACTLY what they are trying to get passed? Don't tell me you will write off any fact just because of media sources? Thats ridiculous.

Sorry, but the are totally bamboozling you guys with their own brand of class warfare. The Payroll tax should stay where it is, not get increased and squeeze those that dont have an extra $1000-2000 a year, the middle class. How will THAT help the economy????? It will only help the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

Keep your heads in the sand.

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
BTW, Oh'Really is the only person claiming that RP is "whining" about his coverage. I saw an interview with Ron where he was asked about it (they broached the subject, not him) and he handled it about as subtly as one could ever hope for. I never once have heard him "whine" about it.

I just love how one person with air time makes a claim like that and all of the sudden it's the realz.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

BTW, Oh'Really is the only person claiming that RP is "whining" about his coverage. I saw an interview with Ron where he was asked about it (they broached the subject, not him) and he handled it about as subtly as one could ever hope for. I never once have heard him "whine" about it.

I just love how one person with air time makes a claim like that and all of the sudden it's the realz.

Old wild bill is a sensationalist. He has been to the station a few times for uplinks, and always finds time to do a little whining of his own. Like how understaffed and tecnologically bare bones it is. Well DUH.. thats what happens when you cut funding..I dont think he sees the connection, he expected 30rock or something.

He gaveeveryone a really ugly FOX news baseball cap, so he's not completely cheap at least LOL

Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

<snip>

I'm pretty tired of repeating myself over and over: the "tea party" that you (and others) are referring to is not Ron Paul's tea party. He wants to kill all corporate and income taxes and replace them with ...wait for it......

Nothing.

I'm sure that's very scary to some people, but anyone with even the slightest knowledge of economics knows it's possible.
What's more, he actually has a plan, but unfortunately so many people are so busy trying to find zits on his ass they are ignoring the bigger picture.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 08-26-2011).]

tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

???? I never said that...wtf?

You're gonna have to be more specific Taji, and better with those quote buttons. I never said anything about Ron Paul in my last.. 6-10 posts at least.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock