Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
   tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
tea party less popular than atheists and Muslims by NEPTUNE
Started on: 08-18-2011 06:07 PM
Replies: 625
Last post by: avengador1 on 09-22-2011 10:37 AM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Fierobear, arguing with the reality impaired is futile.

IP: Logged
newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

The Tea Party is pushing the GOP efforts for austerity and the repeal of bad legislation.

Right on, well as long as the keep that (R) by their names the difference is negligible to me.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

Right on, well as long as the keep that (R) by their names the difference is negligible to me.

Most of the "R's" are nothing more than establishment politicians. The Tea Party is the ONLY force that is pushing Washington to do the right thing.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Most of the "R's" are nothing more than establishment politicians. The Tea Party is the ONLY force that is pushing Washington to do the right thing.

"ONLY ones pushing to do the Right thing" in your opinion Bear, not everyones.

Establishment politicians? How many Tea Party representatives are there?

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 08-29-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

"ONLY ones pushing to do the Right thing" in your opinion Bear, not everyones.

Opinion? Yes. But if cutting spending to balance the federal budget *isn't* the right thing to do...what is?

Establishment politicians? How many Tea Party representatives are there?

Here, count 'em. As of July 12:

http://bachmann.house.gov/N...px?DocumentID=226594

Washington, Feb 28 - Here is a list of those Members of Congress who have officially joined the Tea Party Caucus for the 112th Congress (Updated 7/12/11):

Sandy Adams (FL-24)
Robert Aderholt (AL-04)
Todd Akin (MO-02)
Rodney Alexander (LA-05)
Michele Bachmann (MN-06)
Roscoe Bartlett (MD-06)
Joe Barton (TX-06)
Rob Bishop (UT-01)
Gus Bilirakis (FL-09)
Diane Black (TN-06)
Paul Broun (GA-10)
Michael Burgess (TX-26)
Dan Burton (IN-05)
John Carter (TX-31)
Bill Cassidy (LA-06)
Howard Coble (NC-06)
Mike Coffman (CO-06)
Ander Crenshaw (FL-04)
John Culberson (TX-07)
Jeff Duncan (SC-03)
Blake Farenthold (TX-27)
Stephen Lee Fincher (TN-08)
John Fleming (LA-04)
Trent Franks (AZ-02)
Phil Gingrey (GA-11)
Louie Gohmert (TX-01)
Vicky Hartzler (MO-04)
Wally Herger (CA-02)
Tim Huelskamp (KS-01)
Lynn Jenkins (KS-02)
Steve King (IA-05)
Doug Lamborn (CO-05)
Jeff Landry (LA-03)
Blaine Luetkemeyer (MO-09)
Kenny Marchant (TX-24)
Tom McClintock (CA-04)
David McKinley (WV-01)
Gary Miller (CA-42)
Mick Mulvaney (SC-05)
Randy Neugebauer (TX-19)
Rich Nugent (FL-05)
Steven Palazzo (MS-04)
Steve Pearce (NM-02)
Mike Pence (IN-06)
Ted Poe (TX-02)
Tom Price (GA-06)
Denny Rehberg (MT-At large)
David Roe (TN-01)
Dennis Ross (FL-12)
Edward Royce (CA-40)
Steve Scalise (LA-01)
Pete Sessions (TX-32)
Adrian Smith (NE-03)
Lamar Smith (TX-21)
Cliff Stearns (FL-06)
Tim Walberg (MI-07)
Joe Walsh (IL-08)
Allen West (FL-22)
Lynn Westmoreland (GA-03)
Joe Wilson (SC-02)

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Here, count 'em. As of July 12:

Washington, Feb 28 - Here is a list of those Members of Congress who have officially joined the Tea Party Caucus for the 112th Congress (Updated 7/12/11):

Thanks ....more than I thought to be honest, that's like a fifth of all Republicans is it?

Opinion? Yes. But if cutting spending to balance the federal budget *isn't* the right thing to do...what is?

Still your opinion, it's like saying "if saving this country from a depression by stimulous programs isn't the right thing to do....what is"?

I'd be interested to see if a Tea Party led Government can succeed, by most accounts that I've seen any budgetary plans they have come up with have been deemed unactionable and dangerous by many economists. Not to say that those economists were correct mind you,
the idea of solving everything with only spending cuts seems impossible to me but who knows.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Thanks ....more than I thought to be honest, that's like a fifth of all Republicans is it?

Eh, something like that.

Still your opinion, it's like saying "if saving this country from a depression by stimulous programs isn't the right thing to do....what is"?

You seem to have this hang up about "opinions". Dude, look...we're a couple of average citizens discussing controversial subjects in the off topic section of a car forum. Since neither of us are elected officials, what we say here doesn't change the world. So what's the big hang up on whether what I say is "opinion"?

I'd be interested to see if a Tea Party led Government can succeed, by most accounts that I've seen any budgetary plans they have come up with have been deemed unactionable and dangerous by many economists. Not to say that those economists were correct mind you,
the idea of solving everything with only spending cuts seems impossible to me but who knows.

True, because there are basically two schools of thought in economics (as least that I've read up on):

1. Government can stimulate an economy through spending. Raising taxes has little negative effect on the economy, and is the most effective way to increase government revenue.

2. Government stimulus is ineffective, largely because government has no real wealth of it's own. Government can only remove wealth from one place, and put it somewhere else. Raising taxes, especially on those who produce and invest, will not generate as much increase in government revenue as holding taxes lower, and reaping increased revenue from an increasing tax base. In other words, the same percentage slice of an increasing sized pie.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

You seem to have this hang up about "opinions". Dude, look...we're a couple of average citizens discussing controversial subjects in the off topic section of a car forum. Since neither of us are elected officials, what we say here doesn't change the world. So what's the big hang up on whether what I say is "opinion"?

Not a hang up, just notice some that people on here like to talk like "their" way is the only or right way while everyone else is wrong.

You want to believe "the Tea Party is the ONLY force that is pushing Washington to do the right thing." Good for you, have at it...hopefully you are correct but don't freak out and crap on others and tell them they are wrong because they don't follow along.

Isn't that one of the meanings of freedom... to allow others to have their own beliefs and opinions???

I enjoy debating as much as anyone else but I try to respect others enough to see them as an individual even if I am in total disagreement about a subject.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 08-29-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

do the right thing." Good for you, have at it...hopefully you are correct but don't freak out and crap on others and tell them they are wrong because they don't follow along.

We've been doing it "their way" for long enough. It isn't working. We need to try something different.

Isn't that one of the meanings of freedom... to allow others to have their own beliefs and opinions???

Beliefs and opinions are all well and good, but they can be wrong.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Obama's popularity in freefall

http://www.canadafreepress....ex.php/article/33681

Breaking news in February! Thanks for the update though.

PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-30-2011).]

partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

This is recent and it ain't got no better for him.
And if the economy don't turn on a dime, he is toast and he knows it.
A president who feels he has to raise a billion dollars to be reelected says something about his accomplishments!

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 21% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-three percent (43%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -22 (see trends).

Strong Disapproval of the president has been at or above 40% for more than three full weeks, 24 consecutive days. That’s the first time it’s been that high for that long since last November.

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 08-30-2011).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

ONLY IF YOUR ""GOAL"" IS A DEPRESSION just like the great depression the GOP created in 1929
how does cutting jobs [what your ''spending cut really do !!!!!] going to help ?

the only depression cure proven to actually work
is massive government spending aka WW2
with massive debts too
yes I know your DOGMA willnot allow ideas that work

so you claim the early 20's GOP tax cuts worked [for a few years anyway]
but forget the 1929 CRASH and long depression that followed those cuts
solutions that lead directly to disasters are never worth a second try

the GOP is great at creating depressions
but is a total fail at recovery from them

voodoo failed
trickle down failed
voodoo 2 failed
markets know best failed
dereg failed
is short the GOP = fail
smoke and mirrors = fail
big lies = fail

rerunning the GOP failed plans = more falures
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
ONLY IF YOUR ""GOAL"" IS A DEPRESSION just like the great depression the GOP created in 1929
how does cutting jobs [what your ''spending cut really do !!!!!] going to help ?

the only depression cure proven to actually work
is massive government spending aka WW2
with massive debts too
yes I know your DOGMA willnot allow ideas that work

Rick Perry, who leads the race for the Republican nomination, caused a stir last week when he said his goal was to make Washington, DC as inconsequential as possible. Thirty-eight percent (38%) agree with that sentiment and 34% disagree.
Don't think you can sell that BIG LIE to the majority of America, mostly the one's who might go for it are the ones who have a government tit in their mouth. And that is about 30% of the population now, pretty scary with the math attached.
And forty-eight percent (48%) say the interstate highways they drive on are in good or excellent shape. Just 9% rate them as poor.

rerunning the GOP failed plans = more falures

Looks like you will find out come ELECTION TIME!
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 45% of Likely U.S. Voters would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate, while 36% would choose the Democrat instead. That gap is up three points from last week, when Republicans led 44% to 38%, and is the largest gap since mid-March.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

The GOP did NOT "create the great depression" or the stock market crash of 1929. A stock bubble, fueled by speculation did, like many economic bubbles afterward. That includes housing and the dot com bubbles. Right now, we have an "asset bubble" being fueled by the Fed keeping interest rates low and printing money. I fully expect that bubble to burst.

Hoover didn't act like a *conservative*. He started messing with government "stimulus", and FDR doubled down, both of which made a bad situation WORSE. It PROLONGED the great depression. WWII did get us out, but at great cost. The reason why the country was able to recover was that we had a manufacturing base that led the world. We no longer have that. It's part of the reason why stimulus didn't work now, and it won't work in the future.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

- this thread stands as proof (and likely also cause) of the topic title.

Here's a perfect example:

Neptune is beyond belief. I swear, any time I might be feeling discouraged about the Tea Party and grinding liberals into the dirt where they belong, Neptune shows up and gives me a good shot in the arm to make sure that liberals NEVER have power in this country again.

Can I get this on a T shirt?

Tea Party - grinding liberals into the dirt where they belong

Size XL, please.
Brown, of course.

------------------

Drive safely!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 08-31-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Of course you do. And it is very likely that you will LOSE, badly, next November (2012).

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Did your community suffer damage from Hurricane Irene?
Don't look for help from Tea Party Republican Eric Cantor and his toadies.
And people hate them?
Unbelievable.

Hurricane Irene had barely left the stage when a partisan battle erupted in Washington on Tuesday over how to pay for the damages, estimated to be in the billions.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) fired the first shot after the storm finished strafing New York City when he made the unprecedented demand that any extra "moneys" for disaster relief be offset by spending cuts.

"In the face of a $14 trillion national debt, that is the responsible thing to do," said his spokeswoman, Laena Fallon.

Until now, Congress never quibbled about authorizing disaster relief and the White House accused Cantor, a Tea Party favorite, of playing politics with FEMA funding.

"I wish that commitment to looking for offsets had been held by the House majority leader and others, say, during the previous administration when they ran up unprecedented bills and never paid for them," press secretary Jay Carney said.

Carney was referring to the massive deficit the Bush administration racked up.

Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.), whose state is still recovering from Hurricane Katrina, said critical aid should "not be held up by petty, political squabbles."

"Requiring offsets for emergency aid isn't about fiscal responsibility, it's about putting politics ahead of disaster victims," she said. "That, to me, is unconscionable."

President Obama who has been praised for his cool handling of Irene, has pledged to make sure "folks have all the support they need."

With only $800 million in its coffers, FEMA immediately froze money it had earmarked for long-term recovery projects in states like Missouri, Tennessee and Alabama that were ravaged by floods and tornadoes earlier this year.

FEMA said it was to make sure they have enough money on hand to help with the immediate needs of states nailed by Irene.

Lawmakers from the frozen-fund states - mostly Republicans and a smattering of conservative Democrats - immediately cried foul and accused the White House of not budgeting enough for FEMA.

FEMA honcho Craig Fugate, however, warned Congress in May that the agency, which has responded to 65 "major disasters" just this year, was running low on dough.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/...c.html#ixzz1WdK0UnFk

Of course, he was against it before he was for it:

in October 2004, Cantor voted against an amendment to an emergency supplemental bill for disaster aid that would have "fully offset" the cost of that supplemental with "a proportional reduction of FY05 discretionary funding" elsewhere. Funding for defense, homeland security, and veterans was exempted from the proposed cuts. But the amendment, introduced by Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas), would do precisely what Republican leadership is proposing to do now.
Cantor was hardly the only Republican in 2004 to cast aside calls to offset disaster relief with spending cuts. Hensarling's amendment died upon introduction after it was opposed by 127 House Republicans and all but one Democrat. The federal assistance provided to Richmond [VA, Eric Cantors home state] following Gaston totaled nearly $20 million,

My my.
Things sure do look different when its your ox thats stuck in a flooded ditch.

------------------

Drive safely!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 08-31-2011).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Did your community suffer damage from Hurricane Irene?
Don't look for help from Tea Party Republican Eric Cantor and his toadies.
And people hate them?
Unbelievable.

My my.
Things sure do look different when its your ox thats stuck in a flooded ditch.

lol - yup
nothing like desperate people to trigger the instinctive exploitation reflex in a Tea Party republican......

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 08-31-2011).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Eliminate FEMA
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
http://www.monbiot.com/2011...es-broke-the-system/

The deal being thrashed out in Congress as this article goes to press seeks only to cut state spending. As the former Republican senator Alan Simpson says, “the little guy is going to be cremated.”That, in turn, will mean further economic decline, which means a bigger deficit. It’s insane. But how did it happen?

The immediate reason is that Republican members of Congress supported by the Tea Party movement won’t budge. But this explains nothing. The Tea Party movement mostly consists of people who have been harmed by tax cuts for the rich and spending cuts for the poor and middle. Why would they mobilise against their own welfare? You can understand what is happening in Washington only if you remember what everyone seems to have forgotten: how this movement began.

On Sunday the Observer claimed that “the Tea Party rose out of anger over the scale of federal spending, and in particular in bailing out the banks”. This is what its members claim. It’s nonsense.

The movement started with Rick Santelli’s call on CNBC for a tea party of city traders to dump securities in Lake Michigan, in protest at Obama’s plan to “subsidise the losers”. In other words, it was a demand for a financiers’ mobilisation against the bail-out of their victims: people losing their homes. This is the opposite of the Observer’s story. On the same day, a group called Americans for Prosperity (AFP) set up a Tea Party Facebook page and started organising Tea Party events. The movement, whose programme is still lavishly supported by AFP, took off from there.

So who or what is Americans for Prosperity? It was founded and is funded by Charles and David Koch. They run what they call “the biggest company you’ve never heard of”, and between them they are worth $43 billion.

Koch Industries is a massive oil, gas, minerals, timber and chemicals company. Over the past 15 years the brothers have poured at least $85m into lobby groups arguing for lower taxes for the rich and weaker regulations for industry. The groups and politicians the Kochs fund also lobby to destroy collective bargaining, to stop laws reducing carbon emissions, to stymie healthcare reform and to hobble attempts to control the banks. During the 2010 election cycle, Americans for Prosperity spent $45 million supporting its favoured candidates.

But the Kochs’ greatest political triumph is the creation of the Tea Party movement. Taki Oldham’s film AstroTurf Wars shows Tea Party organisers from all over the Union reporting back to David Koch at their 2009 Defending the Dream summit, explaining the events and protests they’ve started with AFP help. “Five years ago,” he tells them, “my brother Charles and I provided the funds to start Americans for Prosperity. It’s beyond my wildest dreams how AFP has grown into this enormous organisation.”

AFP mobilised the anger of people who found their conditions of life declining, and channelled it into a campaign to make them worse. Tea Party campaigners appear to be unaware of the origins of their own movement. Like the guard in Geoffrey Household’s novel Rogue Male who has been conned into working for the enemy, they take to the streets to demand less tax for billionaires and worse health, education and social insurance for themselves.

Are they stupid? No. They have been systematically misled by another instrument of corporate power: the media. The Tea Party movement has been relentlessly promoted by Fox News, which belongs to a more familiar billionaire. Like the Kochs, Rupert Murdoch aims to misrepresent the democratic choices we face, in order to persuade us to vote against our own interests and in favour of his.

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 08-31-2011).]

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

http://www.monbiot.com/2011...es-broke-the-system/

the Kochs’ greatest political triumph is the creation of the Tea Party movement. Taki Oldham’s film AstroTurf Wars shows Tea Party organisers from all over the Union reporting back to David Koch at their 2009 Defending the Dream summit, explaining the events and protests they’ve started with AFP help. “Five years ago,” he tells them, “my brother Charles and I provided the funds to start Americans for Prosperity. It’s beyond my wildest dreams how AFP has grown into this enormous organisation.”

AFP mobilised the anger of people who found their conditions of life declining, and channelled it into a campaign to make them worse. Tea Party campaigners appear to be unaware of the origins of their own movement. Like the guard in Geoffrey Household’s novel Rogue Male who has been conned into working for the enemy, they take to the streets to demand less tax for billionaires and worse health, education and social insurance for themselves.

Are they stupid? No. They have been systematically misled by another instrument of corporate power: the media. The Tea Party movement has been relentlessly promoted by Fox News, which belongs to a more familiar billionaire. Like the Kochs, Rupert Murdoch aims to misrepresent the democratic choices we face, in order to persuade us to vote against our own interests and in favour of his.

Thats really sad.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 09-01-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Thats really sad.

No, it's bullshit. I keep hearing about "the Koch brothers" and the Tea Party. But it is bullshit. I hadn't even heard of them until the whacko leftists kept repeating "the Koch brothers". But, of course, you swallow that nonsense hook, like and sinker. Geez.

Oh, and George Monbiot? He's not only a leftist, but he's a British Leftist.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 09-01-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

No, it's bullshit. I keep hearing about "the Koch brothers" and the Tea Party. But it is bullshit. I hadn't even heard of them until the whacko leftists kept repeating "the Koch brothers". But, of course, you swallow that nonsense hook, like and sinker. Geez.

Maybe if a guy with a chalkboard drew a line between the two you would see the connection. (I'm actually kidding, I couldn't pass that one up)
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Maybe if a guy with a chalkboard drew a line between the two you would see the connection. (I'm actually kidding, I couldn't pass that one up)

Heh.

I'm in the Tea Party, and have gotten to know others. None of us get orders or money from the Koch brothers. I wouldn't take either, anyway.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

The GOP did NOT "create the great depression" or the stock market crash of 1929. A stock bubble, fueled by speculation did, like many economic bubbles afterward. That includes housing and the dot com bubbles. Right now, we have an "asset bubble" being fueled by the Fed keeping interest rates low and printing money. I fully expect that bubble to burst.

Hoover didn't act like a *conservative*. He started messing with government "stimulus", and FDR doubled down, both of which made a bad situation WORSE. It PROLONGED the great depression. WWII did get us out, but at great cost. The reason why the country was able to recover was that we had a manufacturing base that led the world. We no longer have that. It's part of the reason why stimulus didn't work now, and it won't work in the future.

follow the steps

GOP policy aka dogma is no regulation and deregulation aka markets know best

bubbles happen when there is little or no regulation , controls , oversite
[all things GOP hates]

bubbles POP [always]

WHEN BUBBLES POP
WE GET RECESSIONS OR DEPRESSIONS

GOP's no reg dereg policy is a direct fact in bubbles>POP>DEPRESSION

we had three GOP CiC 1920 onwards
the first was a crook
the second who did the damage was a real died in the wool CON
and hoover was in his first halfyear in office
he had not been there long enough to do the damage
things at the fed level of size and complexity do not move that fast
it took your hero calvin the cool years to screw the country
just as we are now seeing the results of stuff that was done years ago
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

A two minute Google search turned up this:
http://greenleegazette.blog...s-americans-for.html

http://www.americansforpros....org/search/node/tea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...icans_for_Prosperity

And you didn't know?
Thats really sad.

You really should do your homework before calling

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 09-01-2011).]

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 09-01-2011).]

partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
I think it is great that the libs on here finally have a "Tea Party" bashing thread after all of the Obama ones Bear has put up!

But the reality is after the election there will be plenty of Tea Party folks still occupying positions, but if the economy drags on, Obama will be gone!
And with all of the chains Obama has wrapped around it, it will most likely drag.

Live it up guys, time is getting short.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

You really should do your homework before calling

Neptune, I'M IN THE TEA PARTY. I'm involved, and have been since right near it's start. I hadn't heard about the Koch brothers until fairly recently. I hadn't heard much about "Americans for Prosperity" until fairly recently. The point is, they don't run our groups. We don't hear from them. We don't get money from them. Your premise is incorrect. It doesn't matter how many Google searches you do to leftist blog sites, they don't know the reality of what is going on in the Tea Party.

PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Neptune, I'M IN THE TEA PARTY. I'm involved, and have been since right near it's start. I hadn't heard about the Koch brothers until fairly recently. I hadn't heard much about "Americans for Prosperity" until fairly recently. The point is, they don't run our groups. We don't hear from them. We don't get money from them. Your premise is incorrect. It doesn't matter how many Google searches you do to leftist blog sites, they don't know the reality of what is going on in the Tea Party.

lol
being led by the nose, and doesnt even know who is doing it.....

that is some fine indoctrination they got going on you
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

lol

Wrong, pyrthian. The point is that we aren't led by anyone. We don't receive money, marching orders, emails or even suggestions from "Americans for Prosperity". I hadn't even visited the web site until this morning, clicking on Neptune's link. Neither mine or the larger, neighboring Tea Party group has any reference or links to AFP. My group did discuss whether we should join any national Tea Party group/website. We have links to FreedomWorks, especially their FreedomConnector web site, which allows us to see who else is in this area.

Maybe leftists like Neptune *assume* that if there is a national organization, that everyone in the movement must be aligned with them. Leftists do that all the time. Usually, they are guilty of whatever it is they accuse you of doing. But there is no "top down" in the Tea Party. We're individuals with no central leadership. That's likely why the left harps on the Koch brothers, because they evidently can't conceive of a *real* grass roots organization that doesn't have some kind of leadership. Maybe they *need* leadership like that. We don't.

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Wrong, pyrthian. The point is that we aren't led by anyone. We don't receive money, marching orders, emails or even suggestions from "Americans for Prosperity". I hadn't even visited the web site until this morning, clicking on Neptune's link. Neither mine or the larger, neighboring Tea Party group has any reference or links to AFP. My group did discuss whether we should join any national Tea Party group/website. We have links to FreedomWorks, especially their FreedomConnector web site, which allows us to see who else is in this area.

Maybe leftists like Neptune *assume* that if there is a national organization, that everyone in the movement must be aligned with them. Leftists do that all the time. Usually, they are guilty of whatever it is they accuse you of doing. But there is no "top down" in the Tea Party. We're individuals with no central leadership. That's likely why the left harps on the Koch brothers, because they evidently can't conceive of a *real* grass roots organization that doesn't have some kind of leadership. Maybe they *need* leadership like that. We don't.

you do realize that elections are to actually elect leaders, doncha?

you'd be an amazing subject for experiments on mind control & the power of suggestion. the unaware pliability. amazing.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

lol

Funny how you libs can't get a grip that the Tea Party is the spike strips that were thrown under your runaway bus headed to socialism.

The country is not ready for the European experience yet, and with much of Europe failing, doubt if we will ever go there.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:
Funny how you libs can't get a grip that the Tea Party is the spike strips that were thrown under your runaway bus headed to socialism.

The country is not ready for the European experience yet, and with much of Europe failing, doubt if we will ever go there.

if by libs you mean libertarian, sure.
I actually LIKE much of what the Tea Party orginally stood for. real libertarian ideals. but, that is NOT what it became. corporate lapdogs, with christian sharia law on the side. say one thing. do another. I am sure there are still a few "true" libertarian Tea Partiers. but - doesnt matter now, does it? they will cast their vote as presented by their owners. whether they know it or not.
partfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post

if by libs you mean libertarian, sure.
I actually LIKE much of what the Tea Party orginally stood for. real libertarian ideals. but, that is NOT what it became. corporate lapdogs, with christian sharia law on the side. say one thing. do another. I am sure there are still a few "true" libertarian Tea Partiers. but - doesnt matter now, does it? they will cast their vote as presented by their owners. whether they know it or not.

Just like I said, You can't get a grip, no clue.
You have fallen into the trap the left set demonizing them with little truth.
And you talk about others being owned.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Live it up guys, time is getting short.

I was thinking the same thing about the tea party house members.

9 months later, they have accomplished next to nothing except character assasination and dredging up fear and anger, and taking one week off for every 2 worked. I think most Americans can actually see their leadership qualities are no better, and even worse in some cases, than the current administration. And that's more time than the Tea Party ever gave Obama before protesting, so in the spirit of American impatience, I say to them: You have done no better, and only further hurt our country with your unwillingness to compromise and zero-hour shannanigans.

So here come the negs and insults, but its how I feel - a conclusion I came up with without anyone forcefeeding me their ideas and telling me what to think. That's as valid as anyone else.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 09-01-2011).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

lol

BWAHAHAHA...so says a follower of the Messiah

Keep fiddling Nero!
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post

yes the teapuppets will be the cause of the depression with their idiot spikestrips

their dogma demands a bus be stoped
and sending the bus over a cliff will stop it [at the bottom]
never mind there are better ways to stop a bus
with out killing all the riders on the bus

teapuppets do not even understand the big picture
or want to
that is the problem
they will throw the spikes
and cause the crash even if not needed
as their dogma demands crashes
and then try to spin off the blame on to others

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 09-01-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock