Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Rick Perry Raises Predator Drones As Possible Border Security Solution (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rick Perry Raises Predator Drones As Possible Border Security Solution by blackrams
Started on: 08-16-2011 03:18 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: Niterrorz on 08-27-2011 10:34 PM
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Just to answer the first question..................... yep, great idea

Arn

Wow, second page I own today

[This message has been edited by Arns85GT (edited 08-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

I still don't understand why we don't stick the National Guard on the border doing their job *duh* Guarding the Nation. M16s with orders to shoot to kill trespassers because they are illegal immigrants. Bet we'd be amazed how quick things change IMHO

Probably because the crime of tresspassing is not a summarily executable offense in this country (save PERHAPS the castle doctrine, but they are not breaking into anyone's house..) and we try to hold ourselves to a higher moral standard than THAT.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 08-17-2011).]

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Probably because the crime of tresspassing is not a summarily executable offense in this country (save PERHAPS the castle doctrine, but they are not breaking into anyone's house..) and we try to hold ourselves to a higher moral standard than THAT.

Speak for yourself, my moral standards say it's OK to kill someone to protect my family.

Someone taking this out of proportion in 3...2...1..

Brad
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-17-2011 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

In the mid 90's my Apache unit patrolled the New Mexico/Mexico border for a month. Our pilots would radio in any activity that they observed to the border patrol. It was a good way to give our pilots stick time and help out the border patrol.

I'm curious how effective it was overall? Sure, *you* can spot a flea10 miles away hiding under a rock in one of those things, but by the time the ground troops arrive i would figure they would be long gone, just like in the case of using predators today. Too much open land, too few people on the ground.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

I'm curious how effective it was overall? Sure, *you* can spot a flea10 miles away hiding under a rock in one of those things, but by the time the ground troops arrive i would figure they would be long gone, just like in the case of using predators today. Too much open land, too few people on the ground.

I may be wrong ( I am after all married), but I believe the drones can track, and just stay above the target for long enough for ground troops to intercept.

Brad
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-17-2011 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

How is that a higher moral standard to let things slide? They *are* invaders.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-17-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I may be wrong ( I am after all married), but I believe the drones can track, and just stay above the target for long enough for ground troops to intercept.

Brad

Sure, but you have a group of 50.. they spit up. Which one do you track and hope to catch? We need a REAL fence.. if they cant get here alive, we don't have to worry about tracking them down.

Sound heartless? Ok, guilty. There are ( too many ) legal ways to get here, so i wont shed a tear for those that don't do it the right way.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Fences don’t work when they are tunneling under it.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Sure, but you have a group of 50.. they spit up. Which one do you track and hope to catch? We need a REAL fence.. if they cant get here alive, we don't have to worry about tracking them down.

Sound heartless? Ok, guilty. There are ( too many ) legal ways to get here, so i wont shed a tear for those that don't do it the right way.

Usually the drones are high enough that they are not spotted by whomever they are tracking. If they split up them there should be some device that implants in each person to aid in tracking, or to slow them down. Something heavy and easy to deploy over long distances with relative accuracy. I wonder if there is such a thing.

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Steve

I'm still for making the area around the border a "test" area for weapons, and sensors. I'm sure we could pay off the national debt if they put it on pay per view.

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 08-17-2011).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-17-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Usually the drones are high enough that they are not spotted by whomever they are tracking. If they split up them there should be some device that implants in each person to aid in tracking, or to slow them down. Something heavy and easy to deploy over long distances with relative accuracy. I wonder if there is such a thing.

Deployed via 50 cal bullet?
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post08-17-2011 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Steve

if you have a *real* fence, it will stop all but the hard core. Sure you cant stop 100% but you can stop 90...
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Had to post that in this "non political" thread, because it's so true.

If you don't want my opinion on your politics, know that I have politics unchecked in this forum.
If you label your political posts appropriately, I'll never see and be tempted by the low hanging fruit.

But, your opinion is of some value. I welcome your posts. I have hope that some day you'll see the light and change your position to one more centrist. You know, that Hope and Change you can believe in thing.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-17-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Because Governor Rick Perry is a candidate for President of the United States.
That's as political as you can get.

First, hes NOT a candidate...hes only put himself in the running to be made a candidate.

2nd, George Washington didnt like cherry trees. Would you mark a thread on cherry trees political....? He WAS a president.

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Perry bills the Feds $ 349 Million for incarcerated illegals.
http://www.onenewsnow.com/P...ault.aspx?id=1419978
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbotoad:

Armed with friggin' lasers...

thats what we need in the rio grande frickin sharks with fickin lasers on thier head!

[This message has been edited by Niterrorz (edited 08-27-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock