Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Where on earth can I get a scion tC a/c compressor?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Where on earth can I get a scion tC a/c compressor? by chriswf
Started on: 08-11-2011 11:15 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: chriswf on 08-12-2011 09:10 PM
chriswf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys. My wife owns Scion tC. Recently her A/C went out. I tried adding free-on but it wouldn't take a drop.

At my collision shop, we got a mechanic that works with us. The mechanic looked at her car, and told me it's getting a good ground and power. He says my compressor must be out.
After trying oriellys and autozone, I began to worry - as I hate buying parts directly from Toyota (or dealerships in general - they're ridiculous on pricing).

I tried calling a few other places:
B&B - out of business
American? radiator - doesn't carry the compressor either.
Couple of other places I forget the names of - people just gave me their numbers.

Where else should I try to get one?
Or can I buy just the clutch?

When the a/c quit working, it really didn't go out making a noise or anything. So I believe the compressing part of it could still be good. Just a bad clutch or something maybe.
My wife is good to me. Which is why I don't want her burning up in the Texas record heats... Really wanna fix this for her.
Whatcha think?

[This message has been edited by chriswf (edited 08-11-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Try carparts.com
They'll be used and off of some wrecked car but, it's a shot.

Have you tried googling the compressor? Tried eBay? Advance Auto Parts and every other auto parts chain? How about Race?

------------------
Ron

chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Try carparts.com
They'll be used and off of some wrecked car but, it's a shot.

Have you tried googling the compressor? Tried eBay? Advance Auto Parts and every other auto parts chain? How about Race?

Well, I would buy of carparts, but what if I got some crappy nonworking compressor?
And I'm afraid to google, because I really don't want some low end company china part. I've dealt with china intercoolers, distributors, turbos, and more. Never impressed me and often let me down. And I really don't know how to tell what's made with quality and what isn't.
1fatcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fatcatSend a Private Message to 1fatcatDirect Link to This Post
It's car-part.com

[This message has been edited by 1fatcat (edited 08-11-2011).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Put vac on the A/C system before recharging and run cool water over the condenser. Also, it could not be cycling the compressor due to no refrigerant on the low pressure switch. Look into everything else before plopping down a chunk of change on something you may not need.
Here is the compressor btw. Ebay is full of them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...ssories#ht_500wt_956
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fatcat:

It's car-part.com

Oh no. He said the ground/power are GOOD. As in no issue there or with a relay or anything.
And the scion was bought new :P

It's a dark blue color, and it's Texas. So she/we use the hell out of it. Wish she got a white one or something...
17Car

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried Rockauto.com?
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 17Car:

Have you tried Rockauto.com?

Heeyyyy, not bad on pricing. I tried trdsparks.com and the STealership and both want over 600-800. 200+ for clutch.
The mechanic tried vacuuming the system since it's so hot outside. NO good still.

As for ebay, I don't want to buy one from a junk yard and worry about shipping. I may just buy a used 1 from a salvage yard here, so at least if the compressor is bad - I don't have to pay return shipping for them selling me a piece of decroded crap. Then again, Rockauto has one WITH oil, and model specific o-rings for high 200s. That is freaking good. That's about what you pay for other Denso compressors from Oriellys Auto Parts (minus the oil/o-rings included!).

Thanks man.
17Car

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarDirect Link to This Post
Happy to help
If you do go with Rock, there's a discount code for PFF members, code 60798224586869. It should get you 5% off.
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 17Car:

Happy to help
If you do go with Rock, there's a discount code for PFF members, code 60798224586869. It should get you 5% off.

.... You're awesome!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock