Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I swear it actually hurts, (applying for work)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

I swear it actually hurts, (applying for work) by FriendGregory
Started on: 08-04-2011 02:06 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: 8Ball on 08-04-2011 08:39 AM
FriendGregory

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
I am still waiting to hear back from the company that said they are going to hire me after the Security Clearance completes(more than a month now) but, as an obligation to myself, I have continued to seek work. I have had some side jobs, jack hammering concrete to give an inspector access to a sewer line, installing a flex in a gas line, fixing a surveillance system, diagnosing and repairing an electrical problem with a dump truck, and most recently replaced the security gate closer for an estate / farm. The last one took more time, effort, and planning so stopped applying for few days and hoped just for a call back. I did get a call back from a recruiter but, she said that they needed someone with more recent NOC experience( damm funny in this economy and I told her so ).

So, with keys cut and remotes programed, I decided I need to go "all in" for getting any work. Ugh, how distasteful! I think I should just go into security again, it was super easy, no matter the boredom. Maybe apply at Brinks and get in a shootout with a robber one day!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
It helped to publicly ***** , I got a bunch out. I am also chasing part time employment now.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Everyone here is pulling for you man. It's cool to vent. Great forum for it. Good luck with the job search!
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 349
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroRumorSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Good luck, man...try not to get too discouraged.

Just remember to keep positive when you interview.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallClick Here to Email 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Good luck! Il ow first hand how frustrating it is... But good things come to those who are patient....

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 08-04-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock