help with transmission problem by nibotolu
Started on: 08-02-2011 03:38 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: nibotolu on 08-02-2011 10:39 PM
nibotolu

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nibotoluSend a Private Message to nibotoluDirect Link to This Post
hi all.

i have a problem with the transmission in my intrepid 1999 3.2 amd i was thinking that someone in here could help me out to figure out what the problem is.
sometime the car works just fine but sometimes its get stuck in 2nd gear and doesnt want to go to 3rd.
then i shut off the car and start it again and i can go trough gears when im stoped with the auto stick even sometimes i starr in 3rd and the car goes fine till i reach some speed the car goes back to second gear.
and when all this hapen the velocimeter start bouncing lets say that im doing 60 mph. the speedometer is bouncing between 40 to 60 mph.

hope someone can tell me what its wrong.
thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
sounds to me like the "velocimeter start bouncing" has someting to do with the shifting.You can try pulling the codes, but most likely your going to have to take it in, Ive never heard of this problem befor.Try looking for wire chafeing.
www.dodgetalk.com
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
2nd gear is the"limp-home" mode for Chrysler transmissions. When those transmissions have issues, they automatically go into 2nd gear. Determining what's wrong is your next step. I spent 6 days pulling/rebuilding/re-installing my daughter's Sebring's transmission. It worked great for about 15 miles before going back into 2nd gear. Rather than going through that pain one more time, I sold the car "as-is." The new guy drove it home in 2nd gear.
nibotolu

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nibotoluSend a Private Message to nibotoluDirect Link to This Post
hey carnut did u found something wrong when you where rebuilding it? i guess you didnt found what was the problem did you?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock