Started on: 08-02-2011 02:45 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: WhiteDevil88 on 08-02-2011 08:38 PM
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2011 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Click Here to Email WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
We will be moving into our new home at the end of the month, and since this will be our castle, I want to get a good surveillance system to watch it at all times. It already has a built in monitored alarm system, I just want a 2-4 IR camera system that includes audio monitoring, smartphone access with a dynamic IP, and a DVR. I don't know how to use an existing PC to control all of this but I do have one running XP.

Anyone have any tips? And if you want to see my new neighborhood, look up 11 Lancashire Circle, Salinas CA 93906 on Google Street View.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 349
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroRumorSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Good luck w/ the move
1fatcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fatcatSend a Private Message to 1fatcatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

And if you want to see my new neighborhood, look up 11 Lancashire Circle....

LOL. You want a security system as your posting the address on a public forum. Hehe, sorry, but I find that funny.

If you get one, I would recommend something with high definition. The low def ones don't take very good images.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessClick Here to Email ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
There are some pretty cheap DVR ones on ebay...

8 channels, 4 cameras included:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBay...geName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

You supply the monitor.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fatcat:
LOL. You want a security system as your posting the address on a public forum. Hehe, sorry, but I find that funny.

Aw, he does not have anything any of us want anyway. Besides, if you asked nicely, he would lend it to you.

The only thing I recommend is that you do some reviewing weekly once you have it setup. I have been involved in many investigations that had security cameras, most were not recording or had worthless recordings.

So, Salinas has a reputation of crime, did you investigate the area first?

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/salinas/crime/

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregoryClick Here to Email FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
I checked google maps, I think your yard might be smaller than mine(for good or bad). Container gardening works for me. Let me know if you would like some food plants.

3824 Louis Road. I have few secrets...
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishClick Here to Email fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I have a brand new one that works with a simcard, 15 sensor connectivity, and door/window radio connected alarm. Two hand alarm fobs, panic button, and batteries for them all. Yours for free, if you want it
You can control it with your cellphone from anywhere in the World. You can ask it for photos which it will send via MMS or email, and you can ring it and listen to whatever is going on in the house.

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 08-02-2011).]

fierobrian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianClick Here to Email fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
get one with night vision !crimes happen in the dark most time . the cabled ones are coming down in price faster but will you be able to run cable hidden so some one doesnt just cut it . what do yopu want to watch the inside mostly or the outside mostly ? i have mine watching the back yard (so i can see the dogs behind my garage ) and one watching the driveway then one watching the front door and a hidden one watching the gun safe . if you want one for outdoors mostly then i love my first alert setup get a great picture up to about 55 ft away .but get nightvision setup it can see my jet black dog at night so it is worth it to see at night . if for insdie get one that doesnt look as far away as mine inside was hard to pull it back to get vision i wanted . mine doesnt have audio but i dont want to hear the dogs barking anyways lol

[This message has been edited by fierobrian (edited 08-02-2011).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Click Here to Email WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Aw, he does not have anything any of us want anyway. Besides, if you asked nicely, he would lend it to you.

The only thing I recommend is that you do some reviewing weekly once you have it setup. I have been involved in many investigations that had security cameras, most were not recording or had worthless recordings.

So, Salinas has a reputation of crime, did you investigate the area first?

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ca/salinas/crime/

Salinas has a bad gang problem. But if you are not in a gang, it is fairly safe. Plus we are in one of the darker zones on that map, and have lived in this house for 8 years about a mile away.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Micro Center has some nice systems for reasonable prices. You get a DVR and 3-4 quality cameras. My system currently has Samsung cams which are very good even in very low light. X10.com has some good low priced setups. I suggest wired cameras as theyre 3 times the quality of wireless ones. Wireless is better than nothing though.

This company is where I bought mine. 1-850/ 864-3325 Its Samsung Security Systems and they also sell refurbished equipment cheaper. My refurbed stuff is 5 years old with no problems and runs 24/7.
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 242
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised you didn't call me for this one
Unfortunately the audio thing will be a touchy subject and somewhere on the house you will need the "Site Under Video Surveillance" signs.
http://www.frys.com/product...:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Edit to add......It is better to buy a few extra cameras as spares or future add-on. That is why I am showing you the 8 camera setup.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-02-2011).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Click Here to Email WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I'm surprised you didn't call me for this one
Unfortunately the audio thing will be a touchy subject and somewhere on the house you will need the "Site Under Video Surveillance" signs.
http://www.frys.com/product...:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Edit to add......It is better to buy a few extra cameras as spares or future add-on. That is why I am showing you the 8 camera setup.

I figured you would reply. I also wanted to brag about the house. Thanks for the professional opinion!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock