Started on: 07-29-2011 11:14 AM
Replies: 33
Last post by: MstangsBware on 07-31-2011 05:31 PM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Not for the faint of heart:

Click to show

http://www.kval.com/news/126365048.html

EUGENE, Ore. - Sandy McMillin spent less than ten bucks on the bikini that she says got her kicked out of Walmart on Sunday.

The teeny turquoise top triggered a huge response from the community - and all over the world.

As soon as the story aired on TV and appeared online, viewers wanted to weigh in.

People e-mailed KVAL News from New Jersey, Ohio, Arkansas and even England.

KVAL.com exploded thousands of hits to the story. The same story racked up over 100,000 pageviews on KOMONews.com in Seattle.

The comments poured in on the KVAL Facebook page.

One man felt moved to call the newsroom from Chicago.

"Last I checked there wasn't any swimming pools in Walmart," Joe Johnson told KVAL News after he saw the story on AOL. "Some people have lost touch with a certain level of decency."

Reactions varied.

Most emails and online comments were harsh and unsympathetic, if not inappropriate for a civil discourse.

KVAL News showed a picture of McMillin in the outfit to people walking into the Post Office on River Road.

These citizens on the street were more sympathetic.

"If you are going to discriminate somebody because she's got a bathing suit on the top, I think that's kind of ridiculous," said Gary Jenkins.

So what really happened to McMillin at Walmart? She tells one story, the store tells another.

But we do know her $10 turquoise top definitely stirred the pot.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
only one Q: did she buy that same Bikini at WalMart?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
What is the story policy? No shirt, no shoes, no service? .... looks like she was covered
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I feel sorry for Eugene, OR. What was that guy thinking when he put that titsling on?

Tony
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Ugh, must combat that image...

Hi---YAAAA!

Balance has been restored.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I feel sorry for Eugene, OR. What was that guy thinking when he put that titsling on?

Tony

I thought it was a repulsive woman. Am I mistaken?

------------------
What would Paladin do?

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
^^ It may be a woman? Who really knows anymore? I, for one, won't be checking under that hood.

Rumor, I try not to be a chauvenistic pig, but DAYUM!

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 07-29-2011).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I think I threw up in my mouth a little...
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Looks like that Beverly from "The Voice" to me.

Apparently the "I've got Cancer" look is in.

Brad

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
In Ohio, unless they have a sign up, women dont have to wear a top at all. Girls can walk down the street or buy groceries topless if they want. Not saying its good taste or sense, but its the law. Supreme Court here made it legal when a women fought the city of Columbus in court because she was arrested several times mowing her lawn topless when men are allowed to do the same thing. Supreme Court ruled that is was sex discrimination...plain and simple.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

In Ohio, unless they have a sign up, women dont have to wear a top at all. Girls can walk down the street or buy groceries topless if they want. Not saying its good taste or sense, but its the law. Supreme Court here made it legal when a women fought the city of Columbus in court because she was arrested several times mowing her lawn topless when men are allowed to do the same thing. Supreme Court ruled that is was sex discrimination...plain and simple.

I bet you see naked women all the time there too. I somehow picture that as one of the arguments whatever side was against the ruling used.

Brad
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Actually since they made the ruling over 10 years ago, I think Ive seen only one girl... on Ohio State Campus walking down the sidewalk.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
I'm reminded of one of Jay Leno's Headlines anecdotes from several years ago:

Q: Why do you like shopping at the Dollar Store?

A: "'Cause you don't have to get all dressed up like when you go to WalMart."
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
I must be the only James Bond fanatic on here.

She looks like Blofeld with boobs to me.

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
No shoes, No shirt, No fashion sense...No Service!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

Click to show

http://www.kval.com/news/126365048.html

I’m not so sure that is a woman. If it is it was beaten with an ugly stick, no the whole tree.

The thing that gets me is the women who dress like that think they really look great and sexy.

WTF

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-29-2011).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I bet you see naked women all the time there too. I somehow picture that as one of the arguments whatever side was against the ruling used.

Brad

There's an annual event that takes place in Columbus (Comfest) where you'll see women walking around topless all weekend. Roger is absolutely correct, it's perfectly legal for women to go topless here. Although, in this woman's case, they would probably make an exception and arrest her anyway. Blech.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't she the same woman who went to Walmart with her two young children? When the Greeter opend the door to let them through, he remarked to her 'Nice twins you have there, Madam'. She curled her lip, scowled a him, and raged 'You stupid fool One is 3, and the other is 5! What the Heck makes you think they are TWINS????? Dam'ned FOOL!!!' The Greeter just smiled, and said 'Well, I just couldn't BELIEVE you could find somebody to do ya TWICE!'
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I’m not so sure that is a woman...
Steve

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Ugh, must combat that image...

Hi---YAAAA!

Balance has been restored.

I think those two would have created a much different response by the store employees.
Also made a much better news story.
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post

Click to show

I am really digging this new click to show thing Cliffs got goin on! Its great when I can quickly click on it again before I see too much! Going to bleach my eyes out now

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
If it would have been a hot young chick or a MILF then there would have been nothing said........
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Just because she is not attractive, does not mean she doesn't have to same rights everyone else does.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-30-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

From the picture, she had pants on too. so as long as she had shoes too it was legal. May not be a pretty sight, but she did conform to the rules.

However, walmart is a private company and can refuse service if they like. They could ban blue hair if they liked. Not smart for business, but their right.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-30-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I’m not so sure that is a woman. If it is it was beaten with an ugly stick, no the whole tree.

The thing that gets me is the women who dress like that think they really look great and sexy.

WTF

Steve

could just be due to the heat..
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Just because she is not attractive, does not mean she doesn't have to same rights everyone else does.

I think u left out a word....ur reply with the missing word can go either way...
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I dont see a word missing.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

I dont see a word missing.

"Just because she is not attractive, does not mean she doesn't have to same rights everyone else does."

I have read this many times and the wording is not right I am guessing....It leaves the meaning of the statement unclear....Or am I just missing something?
Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansDirect Link to This Post
That kind of stuff goes on all the time at Wally World. I think the person would fit in perfectly in this photo album.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

... am I just missing something?

Apparently. Except for the superfluous comma it's a perfectly good, unambiguous sentence. I had no trouble understanding its meaning on the first read. (I'm not going to try to diagram it, though. )

Edit: I stand corrected. See below.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 08-01-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Apparently. Except for the superfluous comma it's a perfectly good, unambiguous sentence. I had no trouble understanding its meaning on the first read. (I'm not going to try to diagram it, though. )

Just because she is not attractive, does not mean she doesn't ( have to same rights everyone else does).

So the parts I sectioned off sounds correct to you? HAVE TO SAME RIGHTS EVERYONE ELSE DOES> Doesn't have to what? If the To was a The then the sentence would make sense....
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
I stand corrected. I misread it as, "... have THE same rights everyone else does." Sometimes it's hard to suppress reading for content, which is why proofreading is such a valuable skill.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

I stand corrected. I misread it as, "... have THE same rights everyone else does." Sometimes it's hard to suppress reading for content, which is why proofreading is such a valuable skill.

WHOOO...Thought I was going crazy....I re-read the sentence like 50 times thinking what am I missing....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock