Started on: 07-27-2011 10:24 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: skuzzbomer on 07-28-2011 10:58 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Here in Ontario there is a law that you cant smoke in your own property with a kid under 16...not even in an open convertible or on a bike....

Soooo.....one of the peeps at work asked me if I could pick up her kid (13) at school and bring him to the shop. The whole purpose was because the kid wanted to impress some girl being picked up in a "cool" car........

When I answered "sorry, thats a smokers car and I dont allow riders under smoking age"...WOW---you SHOULDA SEEN the sense of entitlement reaction----pure rage, eyes bugging out, face going red...LMAO (and this is exactly the type that would have had me charged under the law if I had a smoke with her kid in it)

So here I am, scartching my head..Its my car, I bought it, I paid for it, I do the work on it, I pay the fuel and insurance on it. Some jerkwad government passed a law saying my choices are either smoke in it, or carry legal kids--but not both....so I made my choice. Since Its my car, I bought it, I paid for it, I do the work on it, I pay the fuel and insurance on it then my choice is to smoke in it whenever I damn well choose, and somebody elses kids can take the bus.......I dont recal her, the kid or the NDP ever stepping up in a -20 evening and doing a brake job on it--or even getting tools for me while I did one....

And besides that, I just LOVED shoving the socialst beeetches propaganda back in its face---"hey, you are the kind who voted in the "laws" trying to restrict me in my private property--too bad, so sad if it dont work for you now".........
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Good for you.

We have a similar law here in Maine. I’ll be dammed if I will give anyone’s kid a ride if their own parents don’t want to. For whatever reason.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
She should be glad you even gave a reason. I wouldn't have bothered. Unless she was hot, then I might've thought about it.
ThatFieroKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatFieroKidSend a Private Message to ThatFieroKidDirect Link to This Post
I just can't comprehend how she could become so enraged by your answer. Its your car why the hell does she think its your job to waste your gas to go take her kid somewhere!?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ThatFieroKid:

I just can't comprehend how she could become so enraged by your answer. Its your car why the hell does she think its your job to waste your gas to go take her kid somewhere!?

You're not thinking like an entitlement junky.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ThatFieroKid:

X2... Thats the mentality so many have taken on these days, and I personally believe anyone who thinks like that deserves:

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Funny that I should click on this thread now I just got back from our village store, where a rather large woman of probably Morrocan nationality, was buying a SINGLE packet of cigarettes...3.60 euros. She gave the guy FOUR different credit cards, and they all cam back refused. He then said 'sorry...cash or no ash' (my words ), and put the cigarettes back on the shelf. SHE nearly screamed the place down!! Stamped her foot, and DEMANDED he gave her the cigarettes 'on tick'. He just stood there with his mouth wide open....and I could not believe my eyes when he gave them to her!! After she had left triumphantly clutching her cigarettes, I said to him 'You accept a credit card for ONE packet of smokes????' and then when they are refused...you GIVE them to her 'on TICK??' He shrugged, and said 'better than have her tribe of monsters kick my car headlights in'. She has SEVEN children, is a single mother, and has a house and CREDIT CARDS given to her by Social Security? I said 'you've done it now...they'll all be at it now'. He said 'take a look at this..' and showed me a sheet of paper with a whole list of stuff she, and others, have 'absconded ' with. Guess who the 'Law' favours?? Yeah riiiight..you got it
I just can't WAIT for peoples' patience to run out ..or their businesses fail
Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Here in Ontario there is a law that you cant smoke in your own property with a kid under 16...not even in an open convertible or on a bike....

Wow.

~ Derek
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Derek_85GT:

Wow.

~ Derek

Yup, sounds stupid.... and it is my understanding that in Ontario, when you buy cigars, you have to pick them out of a catalog and the clerk will then go get them. No walk-in humidor or browsing. Amazing.... it is easier to get illegal drugs. I am sure this will happen in the US, as we have a bunch of liberal retards in office.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
yes...the joys of the "anti-smoking" campiagn.......

of course there is no "proper" excuse for any of it. much like prostitution & most drugs laws - just social engineering thru law.

...imagine theres no smokers.....its easy if you try.....
all the butts & ashtrays....kiss them all goodbye....
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yes...the joys of the "anti-smoking" campiagn.......

of course there is no "proper" excuse for any of it. much like prostitution & most drugs laws - just social engineering thru law.

...imagine theres no smokers.....its easy if you try.....
all the butts & ashtrays....kiss them all goodbye....

Yup, frankly, they should be more worried about alcohol or meth.... but common sense is gone.
PFF
System Bot
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

That's an absolutely ludicrous law... like cops have time to enforce that???

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 07-28-2011).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I love entitled people. I had the caddy at a car show a month ago and was sitting on the patio there. This guy with all kinds of chains and earrings (pimp daddy) sat on my fender to talk to a girl. I walked over with a rag and asked him to move so I could clean the spot where hed been sitting and putting his fingerprints. He just got up and smiled and asked me when I was going to drive him around. I just politely told him he didnt stand a chance in hell of being in my car. He gave me one of those 'your a racist and im gonna kick your azz'' looks. and I just walked away.

You did good. Its fun to put them in their place.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
LOL! WTG Man!

I'm gonna try this next time.

Crap... already gave you a +... now, how to give two?
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
the right wing and the non politically correct is very passive,one day they will turn & make the goverment give me folk ,regret regret...
you can buy smokes on the dole??
if you smoke like this moor lady, you will knock 10 years off your life
fortunately its the drooling years
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Yup, sounds stupid.... and it is my understanding that in Ontario, when you buy cigars, you have to pick them out of a catalog and the clerk will then go get them. No walk-in humidor or browsing. Amazing.... it is easier to get illegal drugs. I am sure this will happen in the US, as we have a bunch of liberal retards in office.

ANY display of tobacco products or advertising is banned....cigars (the good ones anyway) are kept hidden in a private room and ya ask for what you want, then the clerk goes and gets it. Regular smokes or the el-cheapo cigars/cigarellos are hidden either under the counter, or behind plastic flaps so the public cant see the packages. Ya ask for what you want and the clerk quickly lifts the flap, snags the desired product and closes the flap. The stores are even banned from having the brand names stickered on the flaps, but rather have to use codes or numbers and reference a (again hidden from view) as to what code represents what brand.

Our wonderful pile of filth social-engineering goobernment at work.

(Of course, if ya happen to work at a job where ya get to know store owners, SOME exceptions to the no-browsing-the-cigars rule may occur )

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-28-2011).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

ANY display of tobacco products or advertising is banned....cigars (the good ones anyway) are kept hidden in a private room and ya ask for what you want, then the clerk goes and gets it. Regular smokes or the el-cheapo cigars/cigarellos are hidden either under the counter, or behind plastic flaps so the public cant see the packages. Ya ask for what you want and the clerk quickly lifts the flap, snags the desired product and closes the flap. The stores are even banned from having the brand names stickered on the flaps, but rather have to use codes or numbers and reference a (again hidden from view) as to what code represents what brand.

Our wonderful pile of filth social-engineering goobernment at work.

And where is the pron? Out in the open for the little kiddies to see?
Just curious.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

And where is the pron? Out in the open for the little kiddies to see?
Just curious.

LMAO--you got it........pron is 4-5 feet off the ground, right next to motorweek, time and shopsmith...the only restriction (and only in some places) is a store owners hand-lettered sign to buy the magazines before reading them.
BHall71

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BHall71Send a Private Message to BHall71Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like a good law to me.

Brian
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BHall71:

Sounds like a good law to me.

Brian

Good...your kids can walk too until legal smoking age....they sure aint gettin in my car........
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
We have the same law here... essentially.

I got flagged down once on it. They said my passenger was under age (at the time, yes but no ID) and I shouldn't be smoking. Until I told the guy she was the one who lit up and I just stole it. "Uh... have a nice afternoon, sir."
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock