Started on: 07-25-2011 09:56 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: Zeb on 07-28-2011 08:52 PM
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
If you signed up for Google+ or already ban then read
Google+ Plays Name Police, Conducts Baffling Censorship Crusade
Google VP: Why Google+ requires real names

Of note, banning in Google+ = banning Gmail, Picasa, etc.

In other words, if a user opts to join Google+, they risk losing all of their services. And even if they manage to convince Google to lovingly restore those services, there's word that the content within (e.g. your pictures in Picasa, your emails in Gmail) may be dead and gone -- purged forever from cyberspace.

source: link one above

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 07-25-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I don't like how increasingly easy it is becoming -

(damaging a person's credentials.)

How hard it will be to prove you didn't say something, recommend something, "like" something, download something, etc...

Digital evidence is an ethereal thing...

Harder to 'Opt-out"
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
That would be unfortunate.
How do I delete a google + account and leave my other accounts active?

[Edit]

http://www.tech-recipes.com...google-plus-account/

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 07-25-2011).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

That would be unfortunate.
How do I delete a google + account and leave my other accounts active?

[Edit]

http://www.tech-recipes.com...google-plus-account/

Beat me to it...

[This message has been edited by Rallaster (edited 07-25-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
I just deleted mine. Will probably DELETE Facebook at the end of the summer. Most of my friends are 900 miles away so it's convenient, but by the end of the summer they'll be closer.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I use Jakedragon for a lot of different things and would hate for them to delete the email because I didn't use my real name.

Somethings are better left to the asking then broadcast to the world.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
I just don't use any 'free' service for anything important.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

I just don't use any 'free' service for anything important.

Its nothing I couldn't get back if they did delete that email address. It would just be a pain in the ass
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Also... I know restoring Google usually wipes all contacts, mail, etc. I and Wife had Gmail Tech to restore Gmail accounts... Google Restoring means wiping account or service before give control back.

Losing then restoring Gmail will also very easy to wipe Android base phone/tabet/etc if only back up is Gmail for contacts. Thank god wife save old Palm phone and got most contact back.

I use Gmail for email to give out to web service the need/want current email. I wasn't in a hurry to try Google+. For one thing Google's "don't be evil" went out the windows years ago... I'm not surprise Google+ wants real names and bans users just pointing to ToS. "We said Real Name, we mean it. You can't/won't read ToS? Too bad for you."
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Update:
Google Partially Backs Down From Google+ Censorship from DailyTech

Google+ name ban should not affect all of Google account.
But...

Google insists that it will only be punitive to abusive users, writing, "Of course whenever we review a profile, if we determine that the account is violating other policies like spam or abuse we’ll suspend the account immediately."

and UK is looking at Google+
UK data watchdog 'looking into' Google+ mission creep from The Register
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I don't like having my name out there. I have two accounts I use and now both of them are wrapped up in Googles sharing of data across different online applications.
Even my youtube is now tied to my google login.

I seriously thinking about getting rid of both google+ and face book.
I only joined google to see what it was about and I use face book to keep up with family but thats not going very well.

Besides all the drama I need is on PFF
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I don't like having my name out there.

Eventually Google will have it all..
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I just deleted mine. Will probably DELETE Facebook at the end of the summer. Most of my friends are 900 miles away so it's convenient, but by the end of the summer they'll be closer.

Crap, nobody told me I was moving...

I guess I should pack or something. I'm assuming we will be staying at your place.

Brad
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Crap, nobody told me I was moving...

I guess I should pack or something. I'm assuming we will be staying at your place.

Brad

No need to pack. They'll come get you. But not the way you're thinking. You'll see the Google street view cars, then hear a knock at your door. Keep your hands in plain sight, please. Don't try to tell them anything, they already know.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock