Started on: 07-23-2011 07:37 AM
Replies: 150
Last post by: uhlanstan on 07-27-2011 10:02 PM
proff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
YEa.. They have been trying to convince people that it is real for a long time.
This is not the first time someone has claimed to have found it.. As I understand, they have spent years trying to prove it was the Ark they found in Turkey. However, in truth, It is MUCH more likely that it is not an Ark at all, but rather a Shrine or Temple.

This is also not the first time someone has claimed to find the Ark....
Here is one in Iran...
http://news.nationalgeograp...60705-noahs-ark.html

And Here is a previous mention of the Turkey finding that turned out to be a huge Hoax in 94 I think...
http://news.nationalgeograp...40920_noahs_ark.html

The story of Noah's Ark is Allegorical... It is not true. First of all... Do you REALLY believe that A. you could fit 2 of EVERY animal on a boat? And B. That the entire world's population could be wiped out and then completely repopulated by only what... 8 people? Get real.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
Evolution says everyone evolved from one person. It seems to me 8 would be easier than 1.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Actually Josh, you are wrong... Evolution does not say we evolved from a single creature. Evolution takes place slowly over thousands of years.. Small changes over hundreds of generations in a species. You did not have an Ape who just gave birth to a human one day.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

Evolution says everyone evolved from one person. It seems to me 8 would be easier than 1.

No, No....thats relegion.....some bull-kaka about a going to sleep, having a rib taken out, and waking up to a hottie.

Eveoloution, I can understand. Adults believing fairy-tales is a little beyond my grasp.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Building a boat that large would be a challenge.

But,

How did they collect (and feed) all those animals?

Penguins
Polar bears
tortoises
all the other non-aquatic life?

How long would it take to even name every single animals let alone travelling around the entire world to collect them and put them on the boat?

Also, how did all the vegetation survive?

I try to be open minded, and not too critical of these who strictly follow a religion, but contemplating the fact that there are adults who take stories such as this one as being 100% accurate make me cringe.

I know i'm ignorant, but wow, it's astounding how ignorant some people are,and actively chose to remain. They're free to do so, but it's sad. Some would say the same about me.

So be it.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

But,

Penguins
Polar bears
tortoises

How long would it take to even name every single animals let alone travelling around the entire world to collect them and put them on the boat?

I try to be open minded, and not too critical of these who strictly follow a religion, but contemplating the fact that there are adults who take stories such as this one as being 100% accurate make me cringe.

I know i'm ignorant, but wow, it's astounding how ignorant some people are,and actively chose to remain. They're free to do so, but it's sad. Some would say the same about me.

So be it.

SShhhhssss.....its the bible, ya arent allowed to ask questions.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-23-2011).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Well, didn't a huge flood come to the Black Sea, and back then, what did they know of the world? Noah's Ark is a great story, but you have to put it into perspective to the knowledge of the time.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Even TRYING to put it into perspective.. The story is unbelievable... Even Just the KNOWN animals.... The size of the undertaking is impossible.

To make Noah's Ark Believable.. We shrink it down to a dingy for him, his family and the dog.

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
Actually it was acid rain on rock that turned into life. Then through spontanious beneficial mutations people evolved. So, once upon a time some creature woke up with sight. This was beneficial and they spred it to their offspring. The bible actually required 2 people for reproduction and they were both fully developed. One of these is more believeable than the other, to me anyway. As far as all the animals on the boat. Pretend it was your goal in life to duplicate the story. Would you use full grown animals who are awake more, eat more, crap more and take up more space? Or grab a couple babies?
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Actually it was acid rain on rock that turned into life.

Josh, I am not sure where you studied.. But again... sorry you are wrong. Life on this planet came in the form of Bacteria on asteroids.. That Bacteria sat in stagnant pools of water, forming single cell life. That single cell life evolved to multi celled life.. That evolved to flagella and the like, this then evolved to various forms of aquatic life, which then eventually made it's way to land.

The Bible's interpretation is just not possible. Modern science has proven this. At the time when the bible was written.. by MAN I might add... We had no deep understanding of Science. So they explained it the best way they could. Often times when we do not understand how something works.. We simplify it to make it understandable.. Such as, Eve came from man etc etc etc..
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
We REALLY need to TEACH our young.

Turn off the TV. Kill Pokemon and all the other crap (or at least shift the focus to other things)

Kids know the names of all 450+ pokemon and their evolved states, but can't find Japan on a map, or have ANY clue how a fetus develops, or what mitosis is, or how most of the systems of the body work(even on the most basic level)

Ok,
let's do this. Going to try to NOT be sarcastic or condencending.

Ok, so while Noah was building his ark, he found the time to collect baby animals, bugs,penguins,lions,buffalo,(wont name more right now...)?
How did he travel to these far away places to collect them?
How long did this collecting take place?

When I was little,I think they told me THEY came to HIM...
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_evolution

I didn't study really but I pay attention once in a while so it gets hard to keep up. It seems you are also wrong as acording to the all knowing wikipedia the first life was self-reproducing RNA molecules with no mention of asteroid bacteria. Then a bunch of back talk of how life was wiped out and started over again. So you have to admit it gets difficult to keep up with everyone different opinion of evolution. The Bible is admittedly easier that way. Two people made babies. As far as I know science never disproved that.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Ugh, so, because people have varying opinions as to the origin of life, the alternative is probably true?

I for one would rather take things as far as we can get, and then the rest we don't know is tossed into that "unknown" category (some would call it "God", but I don't personally think its a person, more of a 'force') not that I have a clue as to what is BEHIND such a force...

But to continue to believe simplistic stories that upon "adult" inspection,don't hold water simply because they answer questions just makes me sad. People have more mental capacity. Reminds me of that Barbie doll that said 'math is hard'.

I know forn now,ive stopped searching for 'the answer's because I don't own the level of equipment required to do it. Once I move, it'll be interesting times. Not sayin' i'll find anything, but I sure as heck wont stop asking (questioning, pondering, etc)
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2011 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Ugh, so, because people have varying opinions as to the origin of life, the alternative is probably true?

I for one would rather take things as far as we can get, and then the rest we don't know is tossed into that "unknown" category (some would call it "God", but I don't personally think its a person, more of a 'force') not that I have a clue as to what is BEHIND such a force...

But to continue to believe simplistic stories that upon "adult" inspection,don't hold water simply because they answer questions just makes me sad. People have more mental capacity. Reminds me of that Barbie doll that said 'math is hard'.

I know forn now,ive stopped searching for 'the answer's because I don't own the level of equipment required to do it. Once I move, it'll be interesting times. Not sayin' i'll find anything, but I sure as heck wont stop asking (questioning, pondering, etc)

Well, yes....some corksrucker who diddled 9-year old girls 600 years ago said so, and 1/4 the planet wants to fight about it if ya refuse to bow to a pedohile...Ya, "god" talks to me too....riiiiiiggghhtttt...the voices I hear are demons. and some kike is going to rescue me from death because Idont like issrali politics..........and santy-fracking-clause is going to put a brand-spankin-new DeHavlind dash-7 in my driveway............YEH

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-23-2011).]

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Well, yes....some corksrucker who diddled 9-year old girls 600 years ago said so, and 1/4 the planet wants to fight about it if ya refuse to bow to a pedohile...Ya, "god" talks to me too....riiiiiiggghhtttt...the voices I hear are demons. and some kike is going to rescue me from death because Idont like issrali politics..........and santy-fracking-clause is going to put a brand-spankin-new DeHavlind dash-7 in my driveway............YEH

Sometimes, you make complete sense.
crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Penguins
Polar bears
tortoises

And what about cleaning up all that poop? Can you imagine the mess?

And then, depositing them around the world in the habitat for which they were perfectly suited, like all the strangely-adapted wildlife in the Galapagos Islands? Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-23-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Actually Josh, you are wrong... Evolution does not say we evolved from a single creature. Evolution takes place slowly over thousands of years.. Small changes over hundreds of generations in a species. You did not have an Ape who just gave birth to a human one day.

if you go back far enough it could have been a single creature: a single celled organism. ( or not.. no way for us to know )
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-23-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by crazyd:
And what about cleaning up all that poop? Can you imagine the mess?

our astronauts recycle that stuff ( well, so does the earth but in a less technological manner )
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

But,

Penguins
Polar bears
tortoises

So be it.

Actually, Christian scolars have had open debate on this for centuries. There is allot of study as to the number of species 5000 to 6000 years ago, and how many subspecies have evolved since that time. (Notice in the "arc" there were no water dwelling animals which is a huge chunk). Modern Christian scientists believe the animals went into hibernation aboard the arc. Others have calculated the internal space of the arc and cataloged all known species from that era. Geologists keep finding sea creature fossils at high elevation, leading one to believe that either the mountains were once not mountains, or that they were submerged at some point. This is an area of study for some theologians that spans the totality of their careers. The subject is certainly wide open for debate.

Not only is it entirely acceptable to question the Bible in Theological circles, it is also acceptable to debate the Bible. This has been the case for at least 2 millennium.

If you look at a study of population growth, and plot population, even with wars, you can see clearly that 8 people could have indeed repopulated the earth.

Good food for thought and good food for research.

Arn
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

if you go back far enough it could have been a single creature: a single celled organism. ( or not.. no way for us to know )

No, my point was that his statement suggested that an Ape had a human child one day. That is NOT how evolution works and we KNOW that.
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

No, my point was that his statement suggested that an Ape had a human child one day. That is NOT how evolution works and we KNOW that.

it worked on tv
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT: you can see clearly that 8 people could have indeed repopulated the earth.

Good food for thought and good food for research.

Arn

IT is impossible for 8 people to create the world as it is.
We have 5 distinct races, each with their own DNA diversities not seen in the other race.
Those races are..
1) Mongoloid (Asian and American Indian)
2) Caucasoid (European)
3) Australoid (Australian and oceanic)
4) Negroid (east African black)
5) Capoid (south African black)

So tell me scientifically how in only 6000 years, 8 people of the same family... created 5 very distinct races and 6 billion people.

Originally posted by Nurb432:

it worked on tv

And on TV, Vampires are real, hot chics dig geeks, and every American owns a Caddy.

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 07-23-2011).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_evolution

I didn't study really but I pay attention once in a while so it gets hard to keep up. It seems you are also wrong as acording to the all knowing wikipedia the first life was self-reproducing RNA molecules with no mention of asteroid bacteria. Then a bunch of back talk of how life was wiped out and started over again. So you have to admit it gets difficult to keep up with everyone different opinion of evolution. The Bible is admittedly easier that way. Two people made babies. As far as I know science never disproved that.

Yeah! I think evolution says the same thing, that a male and a female homo sapien fornicating together can product offspring. I think that has been proven. Even Darwin wrote about that in the Origin of Species.

So that would mean that Evolution is right, since it cannot be disproved.

One last thing! Your Bible said that Adam was made from mud and Eve was made from his rib. So explain how that can happen? So if God made Adam after his own image, then God was a manged ground dwelling hominid?

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 07-23-2011).]

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
So the doctrine that we are all the same under our skin, and that all men are created equal, may not be true?

All those humanoid groups are subspecies of the same species. Sure each subspecies develops its own earmarks, but, they all share the same basic gene pool.

Arn
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
The 5 distinct races are believed to have ALL come from the first race.. the "Missing Link" deep in Africa.
However, all of this DNA mutation to form 5 distinct races based upon our environments did not happen in 6000 years. It took millions of years.

Our DNA evolved to be better adapted to the area where we lived. Our hair growth patterns changed, our skin pigments changed, facial structure has changed.
Under the skin we are all Human. But we are also distinctly different at the same time. Do some research into the Human Genome project. I think you will find it very very fascinating.

My point is, the time frame of 6000 years is not feasible...We have fossil records to prove how it really happened.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

The 5 distinct races are believed to have ALL come from the first race.. the "Missing Link" deep in Africa.
However, all of this DNA mutation to form 5 distinct races based upon our environments did not happen in 6000 years. It took millions of years.

Our DNA evolved to be better adapted to the area where we lived. Our hair growth patterns changed, our skin pigments changed, facial structure has changed.
Under the skin we are all Human. But we are also distinctly different at the same time. Do some research into the Human Genome project. I think you will find it very very fascinating.

My point is, the time frame of 6000 years is not feasible...We have fossil records to prove how it really happened.

Not including different species of humans that were evolving at the same times as Sapiens, such as the Neanderthals who all died out about 30,000 years ago.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
microbes --> fish --> lizards --> dinosaurs --> monkeys --> people --> right wing terrorists.....
hmmm....
I know....
Click to show

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-23-2011).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I think this settles the Evolution vs. Genesis debate.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 07-23-2011).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

and santy-fracking-clause is going to put a brand-spankin-new DeHavlind dash-7 in my driveway............YEH

Just make sure the de-ice system works before you use it on a cold day.
Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
Who knows.... maybe the whole Bible concept of Adam and Eve was really genetic seeding done by aliens. Everyone get your foil hat ready. LOL.
PFF
System Bot
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Joe rogan tells his version lol

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

The change from apes to the human state we all know now. This was triggered by the anuiki from Nibiru, the last time they were here
Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansDirect Link to This Post
Just because you don't think it happened, doesn't mean that it didn't. All things are possible with God. When you deny it, It's almost like being one of those who laughed at Noah when he was building the Ark for many years...they all drowned.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shananigans:

.they all drowned.

I know how to swim I do not need God to supply me a raft.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shananigans:

Just because you don't think it happened, doesn't mean that it didn't. All things are possible with God. When you deny it, It's almost like being one of those who laughed at Noah when he was building the Ark for many years...they all drowned.

ROTHFLMAO!

Yes! I do deny that a person name Noah built some boat to put all the animals on and God flooded the entire world to murder all the sinners left on earth.

Seems like the Christian God has a real hard time with his creation keeping people from sinning all the time. Adam & Eve, Noah, Jesus, Jesus 2 (sometime in the future).

What floors me is that people really believe in this as true facts.

I guess we need a couple of more generations to die off before the world can move beyond religion.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could remember who posed this originally, but...
There are two possibilities; either god exists or he doesn't.
You have two choices; to believe in god or not.
Now lets consider the consequences.

You believe in god and he exists..........no problem.
You believe in god and he does not exist..........no problem.
You do not believe in god and he does not exist..........no problem.
You do not believe in god and he does exist..........you just might have a problem.

Me, I am going to hedge my bet, and err on the side of caution.

------------------

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-23-2011).]

Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wichita:

ROTHFLMAO!

Yes! I do deny that a person name Noah built some boat to put all the animals on and God flooded the entire world to murder all the sinners left on earth.

Seems like the Christian God has a real hard time with his creation keeping people from sinning all the time. Adam & Eve, Noah, Jesus, Jesus 2 (sometime in the future).

What floors me is that people really believe in this as true facts.

I guess we need a couple of more generations to die off before the world can move beyond religion. [/QUOTE

I don't think your gonna have to wait for people to die off, it's already a Godless society. Most everyone is denying God these days and it's a sick society because of it. God help us all.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
God is what man created to supply the answers for the unknown. As we discover more and more, we need God to answer those mysteries less and less.
As science progresses, Religion Retreats.
Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansDirect Link to This Post

God is what man created to supply the answers for the unknown. As we discover more and more, we need God to answer those mysteries less and less.
As science progresses, Religion Retreats.

God exist, I'm not going to argue about it. You are entitled to believe what you want. When your on your way out, if you want to shoot God the bird,then that is your choice. I believe my soul will live on after I take my last breath and I hope that God will find favour with me. No way will I ever deny my Creater and life giver. I guess in your eyes,I'm the fool, but I don't think so.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock