Noa's Ark was real by proff
Started on: 07-23-2011 07:37 AM
Replies: 150
Last post by: uhlanstan on 07-27-2011 10:02 PM
JesseM

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

We REALLY need to TEACH our young.

Turn off the TV. Kill Pokemon and all the other crap (or at least shift the focus to other things)

Kids know the names of all 450+ pokemon and their evolved states, but can't find Japan on a map, or have ANY clue how a fetus develops, or what mitosis is, or how most of the systems of the body work(even on the most basic level)

Ok,
let's do this. Going to try to NOT be sarcastic or condencending.

Ok, so while Noah was building his ark, he found the time to collect baby animals, bugs,penguins,lions,buffalo,(wont name more right now...)?
How did he travel to these far away places to collect them?
How long did this collecting take place?

When I was little,I think they told me THEY came to HIM...

I think you are forgetting that Young Earth Scientists believe that the world was a single continent back then, and that plate tectonics caused the flood. Anyways if the world was a single continent, it would make collecting animals easier. and maybe many of the different species we have today evolved or mutated from a few that Noah collected.
IP: Logged
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JesseM:
I think you are forgetting that Young Earth Scientists believe that the world was a single continent back then, and that plate tectonics caused the flood. Anyways if the world was a single continent, it would make collecting animals easier. and maybe many of the different species we have today evolved or mutated from a few that Noah collected.

is someone implying that humans walked on Pangea?
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
On Evolution:

Man did not evolve from apes. Apes and humans, if evolution theory is to be believed, had a common ancestor in the past, but evolved in different directions after some event caused a divergence possibly in behavior or environment. Like coming down out of the trees, picking up that blue tipped mushroom and eating it.

Then, it was ALL OVER.

On religion:

Faith is belief despite lack of proof. One of these days, maybe we'll get some good hard evidence other than bibles and scrolls found in different locations with the same stories. Maybe some day we'll get evidence of Noah's Ark that cannot be refuted, like the DNA of the different animals. That would be a huge step toward proof. And carbon dating some discovery.. could be huge.

Some day, science/archaeology MAY prove religion. My theory is that since humans are flawed, passing down the verse may have been flawed. Until that day we dig up irrefutable religious artifacts (See: The Indiana Jones 1 and 3 movies) , some of us are just running on Faith.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 07-26-2011).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
FAITH is a deadly dangerous force

it makes people fly aircraft into buildings

learning and science have no such effects
faith belief and other bits of religions dogma
do have such effects

a first step to ending terror
is recognize the source
and
the why of terror is belief in or faith in a religion
still feel religion deserves respect ?

I doNOT
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:
On Evolution:

Man did not evolve from apes. Apes and humans, if evolution theory is to be believed, had a common ancestor in the past, but evolved in different directions after some event caused a divergence possibly in behavior or environment. Like coming down out of the trees, picking up that blue tipped mushroom and eating it.

Then, it was ALL OVER.

On religion:

Faith is belief despite lack of proof. One of these days, maybe we'll get some good hard evidence other than bibles and scrolls found in different locations with the same stories. Maybe some day we'll get evidence of Noah's Ark that cannot be refuted, like the DNA of the different animals. That would be a huge step toward proof. And carbon dating some discovery.. could be huge.

Some day, science/archaeology MAY prove religion. My theory is that since humans are flawed, passing down the verse may have been flawed. Until that day we dig up irrefutable religious artifacts (See: The Indiana Jones 1 and 3 movies) , some of us are just running on Faith.

yes, one of the things often skipped over in "evolution" is the concept that there could just as easily have been MANY original single cells, which evolved in different directions, and more so - that the creation of the "orginal" single celled organisms happens all they time, even to this day. but, being the earth is already populated - these dont stand much of a chance.

so, yes - while man & ape maybe related - man did not evolve from chimps, or apes, but very likely do share a branching event.

one of the toughest parts of evolution is just the mind boggling amount of time. we percieve things like Noah to be ancient history. but, in evolutionary terms - that just happened.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

On Evolution:

Then, it was ALL OVER.

On religion:

There is no eveidece on either side that connot be refuted. Faith on both sides.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

one of the toughest parts of evolution is just the mind boggling amount of time. we percieve things like Noah to be ancient history. but, in evolutionary terms - that just happened.

Actually I wouldn't say thats the toughest part, thats the part their believers lean on the most to make it possible.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
There is no eveidece on either side that connot be refuted. Faith on both sides.

embryonic developement has some mighty strong evidence of evolution.
the fossil record has mighty strong corrolation
existing adaptions of species clearly shows the mechanisms

it doesnt take a whole lot of "faith" to accept evolution. now, when you take that down a level, and enter the actual mechanics of evolution & how DNA works - now, you will start to see how & where intellegent design fits in. there is PLENTY of room to mix creation within evolution at the cellular level.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Exactly, the idea is pausible but dependent on many things, tons of millenia being one of them. The details get a bit sketchy. What I meant when I said both sides take faith.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I think we are misusing the word "faith" and giving it differing meanings depending on our needs.

If you believe, there is no need for faith - you believe. If you have faith, you can't believe. You require the faith to overcome the knowledge that it doesn't *appear* to be true. You are actively denying what your senses are telling you. That works the same for science.

But faith in science is based on layers of testing and knowledge that are repeatable and demonstrated evidence. When you peel the layers off science, it continues to show it's correctness down through the layers. At any time you can repeat the testing of any given layer. You don't have to assume it's correct. If any layer is falsified at any time, it's thrown out as not being true. It's over. The whole stack of layers might collapse because of it.

That same standard isn't applied to religious/paranormal/super-natural stories because they fail the tests pretty much at the second layer. This is where faith comes in. Despite evidence to the contrary coupled with our active denial of that evidence, we elect to claim it's true. That's faith - it's certainly not a belief.

There is no way around this.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 07-26-2011).]

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

So once again, instead of ASKING what I ment, you just DECIDED what I ment, DISPITE years of my religous posts here as eveidence to the contyrery.
And I think Patrics Dad knows that about me.

He knows me and knows he could have confronted me, rightfully so, if he felt I insulted him.
But why you?
What skin came off your nose?

I'm not insulted by Boonie's post. Truth is, I've been occupied with other places on the 'webs (No, I'm not cheating on you guys with other forums)....

I wasn't even coming back in here, as no one has addressed the "k" word. If you guys don't know my background, I'm a Messianic Jew ~ a former Liberal Jew that found Christ.

Boonie and I have found ourselves on opposite sides of the table, though I don't think that we're diametric opposites. In a lot of ways, he's shuffled around toward my side. And, though I've tried with some success to be less confrontational, I can dish it out as well as any of you. I don't go around shooting people gratuitously and bragging about it in some seedy Space Ranger bars, like some other guys I know. No, I go around shooting people gratuitously, then agonize about it for hours with my girlfriend.... Oops. Wrong book.

Seriously, I have little tolerance for the Jewish equivalent of the "N" word, and I seem to be the only one who's noticed. And I don't even know about the pedophile from 600 years ago....

Back O/T, I guess.
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that word, but had never heard it before. I had to look it up. Ive already told MEM three times now that he needs to quit posting such vulgar stuff. He doesn't listen, so I neg'd him and carried on.

Trust me, you aren't the only one who notices his crap.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick's Dad:

I'm not insulted by Boonie's post.

And none is or will ever be intended.
I don't have any reason to insult anyone and I don't think I ever will have.
If and when, I can pretty much guaentee it will be unintentional.
I just don't see the use, as I don't think of myself as anyone with any answers.
I'm just exploring as I go.

I wasn't even coming back in here, as no one has addressed the "k" word.

And they won't.
Some things are alowed to sliiiiide, while others are a VERY big deal.

Boonie and I have found ourselves on opposite sides of the table, though I don't think that we're diametric opposites.

I agree.

In a lot of ways, he's shuffled around toward my side.

Whoh, whoh, slow down, big guy!
Shuffled?
More like kicking & screaming.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-26-2011).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

And none is or will ever be intended.
I don't have any reason to insult anyone and I don't think I ever will have.

Oh! Can I test this????? Please???

becouse

Because.

Hehehehehe!!!

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 07-26-2011).]

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
Noah ark & a flood is what this is about
the proof is 100% that thier was a Flood written in stone (really )
never forget many here think they came from pond scum,or some similar dribble they are 100% what they beleave..

..Never argue that a man did not come from some amoeba or slimey water ,, they know where they came from..slime always knows he is slime
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
hahahaha
what have i started
first of all there was the chimp then that changed to man
what caused the change.
life on Nubiri can to our planet, alter the DNA of the chimps casing man to develop with evolution
edit:
after this took place then several thousand years later was the first century came about
dinosaurs were not on earth the same time as man was

[This message has been edited by proff (edited 07-27-2011).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

But faith in science is based on layers of testing and knowledge that are repeatable and demonstrated evidence. When you peel the layers off science, it continues to show it's correctness down through the layers. At any time you can repeat the testing of any given layer. You don't have to assume it's correct. If any layer is falsified at any time, it's thrown out as not being true. It's over. The whole stack of layers might collapse because of it.

This is not true in evolution.
But I agree faith can be a misused word.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I either lost a neg or pos rating, and having checked through my recent posts, I guess it was this thread contribution that caused it. I have an idea who rated or de-rated me, but I am curious as to which it was Wanna tell me by PM's what your thinking was? I don't have a problem with it either way, but it would be nice to know why
Nick
PS. My only gripe with the rating system is this. If you rate somebody, I think it should be neccessay to explain the reason for the rating, to allow it to take effect.A PM would trigger the rating. I believe 99% of ratings are for genuine reasons, so maybe this would eliminate the 1% of ratings that are done for no good reason

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 07-27-2011).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

I either lost a neg or pos rating, and having checked through my recent posts, I guess it was this thread contribution that caused it. I have an idea who rated or de-rated me, but I am curious as to which it was Wanna tell me by PM's what your thinking was? I don't have a problem with it either way, but it would be nice to know why
Nick
PS. My only gripe with the rating system is this. If you rate somebody, I think it should be neccessay to explain the reason for the rating, to allow it to take effect.A PM would trigger the rating. I believe 99% of ratings are for genuine reasons, so maybe this would eliminate the 1% of ratings that are done for no good reason

I took off your positive. Went back to my ratings and I had a whole bunch of positives from when I was banned, and some didn't really deserve a positive for what they said. I was just being stupid and handing them out like candy. So I took away ALL I gave that day. Not that some didn't deserve it for another reason, but they'll get a positive once I remember to.

It wasn't personal.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
This is not true in evolution.
But I agree faith can be a misused word.

lol - yup.
the process of evolution is so damn slow, that no actual "experiment" has YET to show any actual proof.
all we have is results, a fossil record and embryonic evidence. there HAVE been experments which DO prove "adaption" - but adaption is NOT evolution.
even the Galapagos animals are adaptions - not evolutions.

perhaps the thing to do at this stage - and it is 100% dobale - is create 2 closed ecosystems, with different conditions, and populate it with several species with high reproductive rates, and seal them up for 1000 years, and then future generations can open them up, and have their proof, or lack of proof.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I took off your positive. Went back to my ratings and I had a whole bunch of positives from when I was banned, and some didn't really deserve a positive for what they said. I was just being stupid and handing them out like candy. So I took away ALL I gave that day. Not that some didn't deserve it for another reason, but they'll get a positive once I remember to.

It wasn't personal.

Bingo!! I was right...and wasn't disappointed in my belief that you would explain why you did it

No problem with your explanation Brennan.
Nick
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

lol - yup.
the process of evolution is so damn slow, that no actual "experiment" has YET to show any actual proof.
all we have is results, a fossil record and embryonic evidence. there HAVE been experments which DO prove "adaption" - but adaption is NOT evolution.
even the Galapagos animals are adaptions - not evolutions.

perhaps the thing to do at this stage - and it is 100% dobale - is create 2 closed ecosystems, with different conditions, and populate it with several species with high reproductive rates, and seal them up for 1000 years, and then future generations can open them up, and have their proof, or lack of proof.

Theyd die from global warming.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Bingo!! I was right...and wasn't disappointed in my belief that you would explain why you did it

No problem with your explanation Brennan.
Nick

Why would you think it was me?
I didn't hint that I did that... ha.
It was just something I decided. None of my posts should have led you to think I took my rating away.
I'm not questioning you per say.. just puzzled. I don't know how you'd know.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Why would you think it was me?
I didn't hint that I did that... ha.
It was just something I decided. None of my posts should have led you to think I took my rating away.
I'm not questioning you per say.. just puzzled. I don't know how you'd know.

Brennan...when the hot flushes of youth have subsided, and you have lived for 64 years too, you will see it is very easy to do Let's just say I knew it was you, and was proved right And I didn't buy your excuse for one minute, but...that's ok....I was just being benevolent

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Brennan...when the hot flushes of youth have subsided, and you have lived for 64 years too, you will see it is very easy to do Let's just say I knew it was you, and was proved right And I didn't buy your excuse for one minute, but...that's ok....I was just being benevolent

Nick, you can believe what you want, but I was being serious lol. I would have told you if it was otherwise... That was the first time I've taken away a positive rating. Ask faaaaq, RamsesPride, Rallaster, Jake_Dragon, Blacktree, pokeyfiero, Flamberge, avengador1, Khw, or Nurb if their ratings changed........ they all lost a positive the same time you did haha.

I wasn't trying to avoid flack. I really took your positive away because I gave them out too much that day and didn't feel that was a good reason. You'll probably get one another time. I don't think about ratings too heavily. Whenever I think to rate, I do. That's a very uncommon occurrence .
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2011 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Don't fret it Brennan...we're cool
Nick
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Don't fret it Brennan...we're cool
Nick

I don't like when people think I'm lying to them. I just want you to know that it literally had nothing to do with what you have ever posted.
miketria

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for miketriaSend a Private Message to miketriaDirect Link to This Post
http://www.clarifyingchrist...ty.com/b_proof.shtml

There is plenty of proof to back up the bible.... Just take any prophecy for example.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by miketria:

http://www.clarifyingchrist...ty.com/b_proof.shtml

There is plenty of proof to back up the bible.... Just take any prophecy for example.

I encourage everyone to read this site regardless of your position.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

I don't like when people think I'm lying to them. I just want you to know that it literally had nothing to do with what you have ever posted.

I beleive him. I had a rating point dissapear, and it's possible I was hit the same way. I know I haven't had any interactions with Brennan lately that were negative in any way, but considering his explination, I could see that as where I lost a rating. /shrug, I'm not hurt by it if that is where my rating was lost. I still have enough ratings to keep my bar up so I'm happy .
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
I have many negs ,I do not participate in the political correctness that predominates here ,plus I have ask for it ,,98% do not know thier History
..Fiero fetish you do not stir the pot ,so it is not worth a worry about ..

I just hope 1 or 2 lefty political correct will see a dim lite in thier foggy marxist brain

If you believe you came from fungai, amoeba,slime water Im sure your ancestors did !! ask your Mom if she is an nuclie cell ,amoeba, slime offspring..or came from monkey !!
many of you did decend from inanimate slime,, stop Reproducing please
vast world flood 100% proof
Human came from slime some cell,amoeba ,ect ,,0% proof

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 07-28-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page